Making him happy

Beyond the end of all worlds

After more than three and a half hours in the kitchen, Taemin and I were finally done. I'd just taken out the chocolates we'd made from the freezer, we're we had put them to make the chocolate harden, and Taemin was standing next to me admiring our work.

"They're so pretty, hyung!" he chimed, and I couldn't help but smile. 

"Yes, aren't they? I bet Minho is going to be really happy,"

That made him even more giddy. He and this senior in his school, Minho, had been going out for just about two months and this was their first Valentine's day together, so Minnie wanted it to be perfect. 

And - maybe I shouldn't say this since it's so obviously bragging - but if it's true that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, then Minho would belong to Taemin forever after tasting these chocolates.

This was probably the most delicious thing I'd ever made. And I'm a pro.

Each piece of chocolate that we'd made was different. I'd taken different kinds of dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate, flavoured some of them with orange juice and some with crushed menthe, and poured it into the cute little forms in leaf thin layers.
And then we had decorated them together, Taemin and I.

Luckily, me and Taemin didn't go to the same school, so there was no chance of Jonghyun realising that he'd gotten the same kind of chocolates that Taemin was giving away, and thus that it was me who had made them. He would have no idea of who the secret admirer was.

I'd put down my soul in it, I really had.  I just hoped that Jonghyun would like it.

"So, how are you going to give this to your Jjong?" Taemin interrupted my train of thoughts. 

I rolled my eyes at him and once again thanked my lucky star for making me incapable of blushing.

"Yah, he's not MY Jjong, not yet at least. And I'm going to put it by his locker."

"why not give it to him personally, hyung? That's more romantic."

I sighed.

"well Minnie, it's also a lot more awkward, so no. Locker it is. I'm not going to risk having him thinking I'm a freak stalker."

Taemin was quiet for a bit before he spoke up again.

"So you're absolutely sure that you won't let him know it's from you?" he said in a solemn voice.

I just nodded and hugged him.

"Hyung, you are aware of the fact that if he doesn't know it's from you, then this won't change the relationship between you two at all, right?"

I nuzzled into his hair and let a sigh escape me.

"Yeah, I know that. I'm not confident enough to tell him how much he means to me though. I think I'm special to him, because he always lits up in this huge smile when he sees me, but I don't know if he likes me in that way."

"But why even bother making chocolate for him if he doesn't know who it is from?"

"I- I just hope that it will make him happy. That is all I can wish for."