Chapter (2) : betrayal.

The Mafia's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I don't usually post my author's note at the beginning of my chapters unless I have something important to tell you all. First, I want to shout out a big thank you to my beloved upvoters and commentators who made my day. You have no idea how happy I was and still am. You guys are the best. Thank you so much.

 

___________________________________________________

Hana
 

I was still trying to process everything when I felt a hand tapping me on my shoulder. I tilt my head to the side and glared at the man whose name was Jongin.

"Yes?"

"I find it quite silly to see people still daydreaming." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Well, I wasn't daydreaming." I looked away and picked up my suitcase. Surely, we see new things everyday and his attitude was expected. However, he will surely die by my hands, this is exactly what I've lived for all my life.

"This way." The man choked out his words, a bit harsh without looking at me and I trailed off behind him.

 

He took me to a particular closed door and immediately I recognized the door. It was my mom's room, the room I always ran off to the moment I blinked my eyes open every morning. It felt like yesterday.

"You will be staying here from now on." He stepped aside, giving me room to step in.

Without sparing a glance at Jongin, I made my way into the room and dropped my suitcase beside the bed. There was a pair of slippers lying in front of the bed, and I slipped my feet in it.

 

"Come out, you're not here to be treated like a queen."

His words provoked me, and I glared at him, wishing I could just send a hot slap directly to his cheeks.

"I never asked to be treated like a queen, I know why I'm here for."

 

"Then save my time and get your out here." He said and turned around, about to walk away, but I quickly trail after him, I need to know about every single corner of my house. As I could remember, my dad never allowed me into most of the rooms back then, but this time around, I must study my own house and locate the bedroom of that monster.

Jongin took me around the whole area of the mansion and he gave me full instructions on what's to be done and what not to. But, he never took me to my dad's room. The room I never entered when I was a child.

 

"What about that room, who's room is that?" I asked and Jongin glared at me.

"Why? Are you here on a mission?" He asked angrily.

"No, I just want to know about everything since I will be working here."

"That's not included in your job description, so pretend as if that room doesn't exist, you're not allowde in there ... period" He turned around to take a leave, but I chuckled softly, clearly seeing the whole situation here.

 

He swiftly made a u-turn, glaring at me.

"Did you just chuckle?"

"Perhaps, it's Baekhyun's room right?"

"You don't answer questions with questions, you clearly have no idea who I am."

"Maybe you're right," I said calmly while studying his facial expression. He looks quite handsome but filled with temper.

"I just asked a simple question, so I see no reason why you should get all worked up."

*slap* He sent a slap directly to my left cheek, his eyes glaring dangerously at me.

"Repeat this next time, and you're dead. That room is not your concern, so keep off." He said and walked away.

I choked a laugh and glared at the closed door one more time before making my exit.

Jongin will definitely pay for his deeds, but for now, I will let it rest. Like the saying, there's a time for everything.

 

Back in Los Cabos, my mistress had me train with Jack and some other men, but they always looked down on me because I'm a woman.

However, I became skilled with a gun, knife, sword, and almost the best in martial arts. I was lucky, no, should I say fortunate enough to have worked side by side with her lover Evans Alberto for 10 years that I became just as good as his right-hand man Williams.

 

Alberto is a well-known man, a leader of a big cartel and he's the badass mafia leader. A man who derives pleasure in the blood of his enemies.

I've watched him take so many lives, and the joy on his face says it all, it seems kinda fun.

I've never killed anyone, but Baekhyun will sure be my first. I gave a firm nod, concluding it in my heart. I changed into a more comfortable dress, a short black gown and I trailed off, heading for the kitchen. I have to keep up with my job in order to accomplish my mission.


 

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Baekhyun

 

I had received a phone call 40 minutes ago from Danny, one of my most trusted men, informing me about Daehyun's return to the city.

Daehyun played hide and seek with me for so long after running away with most of my gold bars. Now, news has it that he's back in the country, I will make him suffer. I only let him off because he's not that important, but now, he will plead for mercy.

I sat still in my car, but my body wasn't still. My blood was boiling in anger, and I just couldn't wait to finish that son of a b*tch.

 

The moment we arrived at my old factory, the exact place Daehyun was spotted, I called Danny to inform him about my arrival, but his phone wasn't going through. I came alone, so I stepped out of the car, knowing fully well that no one dares approach me, except if they wish for death.

I took just a few steps, but then I felt a presence around me. It was an overwhelming feeling, like something or someone was watching me. I turned around to have a proper glance at my surroundings, but I saw a shadow from the side of my right eye.

 

I couldn't see properly due to the darkness from the eye patch, plus the dark evening cloud. but I could tell that it was a man wearing a long black coat, but I couldn't see his face since I could only see him from the corner of my eyes.

I nodded my head and locked my car. Stepping backward, I walked into my old factory's hallway.

 

I scanned the area the moment I made it into the factory's hallway, then suddenly, I heard footsteps directly behind me. I tilted my head to the side a little, and I saw the man still walking close behind me.

This man really wants to die. I smirked and kept on walking.

Once I got into my factory, I came to a stop and turned around to face the man face to face with the same smirk plastered on my lips.

 

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked as I regained my movement, now walking towards the man.

"I have a message for you." The man said while walking backward.

"A message?" I smiled, "What could the message be?"

"Well, you will be kissing this earth goodbye today." The man said, his tone deep and dry, and immediately he shot at me, but I swiftly bent over, and the bullet flew over my head.

I moved my feet so swiftly that I kicked the man against the hard wall and his head bumped against the electrical switch made of irons.

"." He hissed and rushed back at me, but I moved backward and threw him onto a desk and snapped his neck with my foot. Suddenly I felt everything going dark as I felt a sharp pain on head and a hard kick collided with my chest. I staggered on my feet and fell on my knees. At this point, I knew that another person was also in the factory with me.

 

I spat out the blood in my mouth out and quickly emerged with a spray gas I saw beside me and immediately I covered my nose and mouth to prevent the gas from affecting me and quickly like a shadow I turned around to the man standing behind me and sprayed it on the man's face and he dropped down gasping for air. I used the opportunity to pull out his gun and shot him straight on the forehead. He's not worth my bullet because I don't play the game of hide and seek.

Moving my eyes to the sound coming from behind me, I saw the man on the black coat advancing towards me. With anger, but I hit him with the gun in my hand and with a powerful punch and a flying kick. He was on the ground.

 

I bent over to the man and pulled off his mask and I saw the man I care for so much, Danny. I staggered backward, unable to believe my eyes. A bitter chuckle escaped my throat and spat out blood.

"Why?" I muttered. If there's anything I hate the most in this world, that's betrayal. I hate it with every single thing in me. "So this is all that loser Daehyun can do right? Turning my men against me like a coward right?" I smirked and twisted Danny's arm and his gun fell to the ground. I stood up and gave him one hard kick to his exposed neck and the familiar sound I love the most of a broken neck made me smile, and with a final gunshot, I sealed the deal with the blood rushing out of his head. Yes, he was my best, but once he crossed the line, then it's over, no going back and no mercy.

 

"Bast*rd." I spat out and walked out of the factory but it was already raining and darkness covered the earth.

Without thinking of anything, I called my men and instructed them to come over and clean up the mess in the factory.

Deep down in my heart, I was bleeding and hurting. I just killed Danny and it was not what I wanted, but he crossed the line, so he had to die. I got into my car and drove off.

 

I was almost approaching my resident when Jongin gave me a call.

"Baekhyun, you have to see this." Jongin, my best friend, and my next in line said through the phone in a tone I know too well. A tone that signifies only one thing, Trouble.

"I will be there in 15

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter