Chapter (10) : Loads Of Feelings

The Mafia's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana

 

I was fully dressed and well prepared to start my day.

It's my first day going for an interview at a company with the help of my mom, but I wasn't settled a bit. Ever since I heard Baekhyun's voice two days ago, I couldn't stop thinking about Baekhyun.

His thoughts crowded my mind and the urge to see him was getting more intense. I barely fell asleep without thinking about him. I was slowly losing myself every single second of the day.

I sighed and drifted off to the company I was going to for a job interview.

It was indeed a huge company, and my mom directed me to that particular company, assuring me that I will only be accepted only if I'm prepared.

I stood in front of the mirror staring at my reflection. I've never really imagined that a day would come that I will be dressed in a decent gown and all ready to start up a new life.

But then I saw Baekhyun smiling at me through the mirror and I had to smile, knowing that it was just my mind playing tricks on me again, or it was what I wanted to see.

"Are you ready sweetheart?" My mom asked. Her voice was so calm and gentle that I had to smile and hug her.

"I've never been this ready mom." I decided to stay like that for a while, thinking about the huge step I'm about to take. 

I pulled away from the hug and kissed my mom on the cheek. "I have to go now, please don't forget to take your drugs."

"I won't." She kissed my forehead and I took off. I can't afford to be late for my interview.

I quickly took a taxi and I headed straight to the company.

It took me about 30 minutes before we got to the company.

I hurriedly stepped out of the car after paying the driver, and I rushed into the huge gate.

The moment I stepped inside the gate, I was met with a huge company, far bigger than any other company I've ever seen.

I was greatly amazed by the sight in front of me that I forgot to move. I stood there like a fool, staring at every corner of the outside of the company.

"Hey Miss what's your business here?"

I heard a deep voice asking from behind me, and I quickly spun around and I saw a man looking at me with an emotionless face and I quickly cleared my throat. I can't act stupid on the day of my interview.

"Well, I'm here for a job interview for the position of a secretary, but I somehow lost my way around here."

"Your name please?" He asked.

"Kang Hana Sir," I replied and he looked at me from head to toes and he looked away.

"Alright, come with me." The man said, he turned around and trailed off and I did the same.

He led me to an office, and when we were in, he gestures for me to sit on the chair in front of the table while he sat down in the opposite direction.

"Please have a seat, let's begin with the interview." He said and pulled out a drawer from the table and he brought out a file and he placed it on top of the table.

"I am Kyungsoo, and I think you now know who I am and also my position?" He asked while flipping the file open without looking at me, and I nodded.

"Yes, I do now."

"Great, then let's begin." He said.

 

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
 

The interview went well, all that was left was to know if I've been given the job or not.

I was waiting at the waiting section when the same man walked over to me.

"Congratulations Miss Kang, you've been given the position of the CEO's secretary. You can start working right away, but unfortunately, the CEO is not present, he was in an accident two days ago, so how won't be around for some days." Kyungsoo said and I felt strange suddenly, just the way I felt this morning and two days ago.

"Hope he's alright? I mean the accident isn't that bad, right?"

"I can't tell for now, but by tomorrow you will get to know about his health state. In the meantime, come let me show you his office."

"Okay." I picked up my bag and trailed off after him. I was happy about getting the job, but deep down I was also feeling sad regarding the health condition of the CEO, a man I don't even know.

Kyungsoo took to an office beside another huge office, and he turned around and looked at me.

"This is your office from now on. Good luck with your work here, I hope you last a week." He said and walked away.

I was taken aback by Kyungsoo's last statement, but I didn't care about that. I will give in my best.

I went into the office, and it was indeed so beautiful, spacious, and clean, I even have an air conditioner.

Wow, this is lovely, I can't wait to start working tomorrow. I left the office and locked the door and went with my keys. I have to go shopping for some new good quality clothes and shoes that will suit my position as a secretary to Korea's biggest company.

 
🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉
 

Baekhyun
 

I felt a strange finger caressing my chest, and I slowly blinked my eyes open. For a moment I wasn't sure where I was, but when I saw Hana's picture on the wall, I knew that I was in my room.

I groaned in pain and carefully looked around, and there I saw Cara staring at me with worried eyes.

"Care what are you doing in my room?" I asked and she quickly stood up from the floor.

"I was looking after you sir, I was so scared that you might die." She said in a quivering voice and it made me angry.

"Oh please, just a bullet can't kill me. Now stop crying and call Jongin. Go now." I almost yelled and she stood up and left hurriedly.

Nonsense. How dare she touch my chest? She's lucky that I am weak, else I would have dealt with her.

I looked around and blinked my eyes closed, trying to suppress the rush of pain. My left arm hurt so badly, but I was still able to move it.

"Baekhyun, you're awake," Jongin said as he rushed into the room and I hissed.

"They ing planned this Jongin, probably to kill me, but luckily the bullet got to my hand and not my chest. I will make whoever did this pay so dearly. I will make them suffer so damn much. No one messes with me and lives." I was so furious, but Jongin slowly caressed my shoulders and hugged me.

"You've been in a coma for the past two days. That bullet wasn't just any bullet. It's poisonous content was very high and active. You were barely saved Baekhyun. Please bro, don't overwork yourself, you're not feeling well, I really don't want to lose you for any reason. Please let me be the one to avenge your pain, please." Jongin said and his voice was breaking, he was actually crying.

Jongin would only hug me whenever he's scared of losing me and he would only cry when the ones he loves are in pain.

I reached out my right hand and caressed his hair, after all, I'm like an elder brother to him, and caring for each other is what we do best.

"I'm sorry for making you scared Jongin, I promise to be more careful from now on. Please stop crying." I said and he pulled away from the hug and he smiled.

"Should I bring your dinner here? Or will you eat in the living room?" Jongin asked and I shook my head. Jongin is sad and his feelings are hurt because of me, so I have to treat him to dinner at our favorite eatery.

"No, let's eat at our favorite eatery, what do you say?" I asked and he smiled.

"That would be lovely." He smiled, but he looked at my arms and sighed.

"That will be another day. You're in pain and you need to rest."

"No Jongin, this is nothing compared to what I've been going through. Don't worry, I will be fine and even go to work tomorrow." I said and sat up and Jongin smiled.

"You're sure you're okay?"

"Of course, now go get ready, we need to have that special ice cream as well, I kinda miss it so much," I said and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter