Chapter (9) : Reasons behind my actions

The Mafia's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun

 

My mansion felt pretty lonely after Hana had left. It was totally sad within, but I don't regret my actions.

 

Hana wants to be free and I believe she has every right to do that. I can't claim to love her and keep her all to myself when she's not even interested in our relationship.

 

I can't let my love and feelings get in the way, let alone hurting her. I believe that letting her go is the best thing for both of us.

 

"Baekhyun," Jongin called. "The lady is finally awake, but she's muttering some words that seem not to be good," Jongin informed. 

 

I looked at him and sighed. "Some words? What do you mean by that? What kind of words?" 

 

"Well, she's continuously pleading, saying that they should please spare her life. It's almost as if she's scared of something or someone." Jongin said calmly while pouring himself a glass of water.

 

"I see. Well let's wait till she wakes up properly, then we can know more about the whole thing." I stood up and went to the room. It was already past midnight and I need some rest to put myself together.

 

 

 

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

 

The morning came alone with the lovely morning air.

 

I slowly blinked my eyes open and sat on the bed. The room was clean, very clear, and I knew why it was so. 

 

I picked up my eye patch and put it around my eyes. I can't go around walking with my hideous scary face, it will surely scare the lady from yesterday.

 

Speaking of yesterday, I suddenly remembered Hana's mother. I was supposed to call her when I arrived, but I forgot about it. I quickly reached for my phone and called her, but Hana was the one who picked the call.

 

"Hello, good morning," Hana said from the other end of the line. By hearing her voice, I felt my heart beating happily again. 

 

I felt life suddenly coming back to my almost dead body.

 

"Good morning Hana, it's Baekhyun speaking."

 

There was silence. She said nothing for a while and God only knows how I was dying to hear her voice again.

 

"Good morning Mr. Byun. Wait, I will get my Mom." She said and after that, I heard some muffled voices and after a while, a lovely voice came on.

 

"Baekhyun son, how was your night? Did you sleep well?" Hana's mother asked and I nodded as if she could see me.

 

"Yes Mom, I did. How are you feeling? I'm deeply sorry for not calling last night, I had too much in mind."

 

"That's okay son, you don't have to apologize over anything. You've been my whole life, my family, and my happiness. Please don't ever apologize over anything."

 

"Alright, Mom. Please take care of yourself. Once I'm free, I will come to visit."

 

"Alright, son. Would you like to speak to Hana? She is next to me here."

 

Speaking to Hana will only make matters worse than it already is. She already addressed me as Mr. Byun and not Baekhyun, so speaking to her will be of no use to her now.

 

"No mom, I will do that later. Bye and please take care."

 

"Alright then, bye." She ended the call and so did I.

 

I left my room, feeling sad again and I went to the living room quickly to get something to eat before going to my company.

 

"Good morning Baek. Why do you look sad?" Jongin asked as he walked down the staircase. 

 

"I'm good Jongin, just had a bad night."

 

"It happens, but you have to look your best today, the election is fast approaching and you have a meeting today with some high profile men."

 

"High profile men you say." I chuckled softly over Jongin's words.

 

"Jongin I don't have to look my best or work hard over any damn thing because to them I'm the heartless monster, a devil. Anything I say that they will surely do."

 

Jongin chuckled softly and tapped me on the shoulder. 

 

"Bro, you did what you had to because of your parent's death. You were so innocent and pure, but the world made you who you are today, so don't feel bad or guilty about a damn thing. You just focus on the elections, and once

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter