They're back

Rain

“Everyone still alive?!” Was shouted across the dorm. Both Changkyun and Jooheon could make out other voices as well, but they weren’t as prominent as Minhyuk’s. Not that that was a surprise. It made them realize that all of the members probably returned, however.

It made the younger rapper sit up suddenly, slightly pushing away the other rapper. He looked at Jooheon, somewhat panicked.

 

“They’re back.”

 

“Yeah.” Was the only response the redhead could give, not really understanding the other’s distress.

 

“What are we going to do? We need to explain all this.” Jooheon’s confusion written on his face made the other explain what he meant.

“Hyung, please. I- I’m not ready to let them know.” The maknae stammered. The older rapper now understood that it was insecurity that made him react like this. Insecurity about… their relationship. Jooheon wanted to think ‘boyfriend’, but the fact that they did not discuss this yet, made him realize that he didn’t know what they were. It was all new as well. Just hours ago, they weren’t even talking. He himself didn’t mind the coming out and stuff like that. But Changkyun clearly wasn’t ready, understandable. However, in his eyes, there was nothing to worry about.

 

“Changkyun-ah. Let them know what? The only thing they would notice is that we finally talked.” The maknae shook his head in disagreement.

 

“Hyung, it’s Minhyuk hyung…” He explained. It created a slight pause before the red-haired rapper got the hint.

 

“Yeah, okay, you’ve got a point there. Now what? We’re in your AND Minhyuk hyung’s room. He’ll come in soon.” Jooheon barely said it, before the other put a hand on his arm.

 

“Hyung, take the first aid kit from the cupboard under the window.” Jooheon understood the plan immediately. It wouldn’t be weird to find him treating the maknaes feet. But unfortunately, the stuff they normally used was located in a small box in the other bathroom. And he’d had to cross the hallway to get there. So, a first-aid kit will have to do. He found it in the bottom drawer and turned around to the other, once more with a confused look on his face while looking back and forth between the cupboard and the kit.

“You have one as well in your bedroom.” Once again, Changkyun seemed to be able to tell what the other was thinking. The redhead walked and sat back on the bed next to the silver-haired rapper and opened the kit. It had all of the stuff you’d expect to be in there: band-aids, disinfectant, cotton, scissors, tape, stuff like that. Enough to actually treat the maknaes feet.

 

What Jooheon didn’t expect to be included however were condoms and a small bottle of what seemed to be lubrication. It did surprise him a little. It made him think that this wasn’t a store bought first aid kit. Their managers probably had something to do with it. Hongsik manager’s ‘Boys will be boys’ quote came into mind as well. The maknae noticed the unusual content as well and blushed while trying to look at everything but the other rapper.

Jooheon was ready to divert Changkyun’s discomfort by making a joke, when Hyungwon’s voice could be heard from the living room.

 

“Anyone here?” It made the redhead sprang into action, taking out all the necessities and closing the kit, pushing it away from them. Although it startled the other one a bit, the maknae quickly rolled up his pants and put his feet near Jooheon’s legs.

“Guys?” The DJ’s voice could be heard again, followed by Minhyuk’s.

 

“Please tell us you didn’t kill each other.” Changkyun looked at him, worried. The older rapper could do nothing more than answering while looking back at the maknae.

 

“In here!” It took a few seconds before the door to the bedroom was opened and both Minhyuk as Hyungwon entered the room. They both showed signs of confusion as they looked at both rappers looking back, with the difference that the eldest looked surprised, while the DJ’s expression shifted to calm.

“Hi.” Jooheon tried.

 

“Hi.” Minhyuk answered. There was a pause before he spoke again.

“So… what’s up?” Minhyuk asked, distrust barely hearable in his voice.

 

“Uhm… I was ready to, you know, clean his feet.” Jooheon clarified. Which made the eldest mouth an ‘aha’ and created another pause.

 

In the meanwhile, Hyungwon had kept an eye on their maknae. The boy hadn’t notice him looking at him, he was too busy observing the other rapper and taking a peek once in a while at Minhyuk. Only when his and the DJ’s eyes crossed did he notice Hyungwon’s staring. It made him look away and blush. Hyungwon had been skeptical the moment he entered the room. The two rappers were sitting on the bed like they had rushed there, like a deer caught in a headlight. Jooheon managed to look more or less calm, but Changkyun appeared downright nervous.

 

“So, you two talked then?” Was Minhyuk’s question that pulled the DJ out of his thoughts. Both rappers looked at each other. The redhead in search for confirmation and it made the silver-haired member blush once more and break the eye contact.

 

“Ah, y-yes. Yes, we did.” Jooheon looked at his hyungs again and smiled a little.

 

“And…” Minhyuk encouraged.

 

“And… we’re okay… Right?” The last word was directed at their maknae as the older rapper turned his head towards him once again. The younger one shyly nodded in agreement. Hyungwon felt like they weren’t telling them everything, but the answer seemed sufficient for Minhyuk.

 

“Oh, that’s good. Finally! You got us worried for a second there.” He began.

“Well then… We’ll leave you guys to, you know, continue with that.” He added, pointing at the maknaes feet. And Hyungwon almost left with him, if it wasn’t for both the rappers exhaling when the elder finally turned around to leave, like they were relieved by him leaving.

“Hyungwon-ah, you coming?” Minhyuk asked from outside of the room.

 

“Yeah, In a sec.” Hyungwon answered and closed the door. Both Jooheon’s and Changkyun’s relieve was short-lived, the redhead gave his standard dumbfound look at him staying, while the maknae started fiddling.

 

“is… Is something wrong, hyung?” Jooheon asked. When the DJ didn’t answer, he tried again?

“Hyung?”

 

“I’m not sure.” He responded truthfully. And now, the redhead was getting nervous as well.

“You guys acted really… weird, stressed even… And Changkyun-ah, you looked edgy, when we first entered. Like you wanted to… fake getting along again…” Both rappers made a disagreeing face at the explanation.

“Then, as Minhyuk-hyung turned around leaving, that stress was suddenly gone…” He added.

“So… what’s really going on here?” He enquired after a moment. The maknae just looked at his hands, still blushing. Jooheon’s defenses, however, surfaced as he tried to explain.

 

“Hyung, nothing’s going on, everything is just fine!” He spoke in a slightly louder voice. But the DJ wasn’t having it. Jooheon had been an emotional mess for almost a week and Changkyun had been closed off. After so many days of walking on eggshells, he was frankly done with this.

 

“Cut the crap, I’m not blind okay. You can’t say nothing happened when your jaw is starting to bruise, Jooheon-ah. Furthermore, both of you have ruffled hair and clothes. So, you two did fight.” Hyungwon retorted.

“But then I noticed the ruffled bed, you guys sitting close together, Changkyun-ah’s none stop blushing and the first-aid kit, which has much more than your standard first-aid stuff included.” The DJ continued in a calmer way.

“So, you guys were either fighting or… messing around.” Now the red-haired rapper blushed and looked away as well. That’s when he knew he hit the nail on the head. It was surprising to see it happening so soon, but it made him happy. Jooheon seemed okay with it, the maknae however looked unsure and slightly uncomfortable.

“Jooheon-ah. You know I know.” He emphasized. The maknae looked up at the statement in complete shock.

 

“You TOLD him?!?” the silver-haired rapper barked.

 

“What? No! When should I have done that? That’s not- He already knew, okay. Before…” The redhead tried to explain and reached out to calm the other one down, but Hyungwon intervened before the situation got out of hand.

 

“Okay, could you give me and Changkyun-ah a moment alone?” The two rappers stopped and looked at the DJ like he grew a second head.

“Please?” He insisted. The redhead looked back at the maknae for a second before he nodded and quietly got up and left the room. The other one did everything but look at Hyungwon.

 

“He’s not lying, you know. I kinda confronted him about his feelings when you two fought. He only admitted his feelings towards you, nothing more.” Hyungwon sat down next to the youngest member and put his hand on his fiddling fingers. It made the younger man calm down as he exhaled.

“So…” Hyungwon started with a happy voice.

“You gonna tell me?” Finally, Changkyun looked up. He was biting his lip. The DJ gave him the hurt puppy look to encourage the other one. It worked on him every time.

 

“What do you wanna know?” The silver-haired rapper groaned, giving in. He could never deny his hyung.

 

“Well… everything, I guess.” Hyungwon said.

“But I’m kind of curious. Did you hit Jooheon?” The rapper opened his mouth, just to close it again and then nodded. It made the vocalist laugh slightly. He knew he shouldn’t, but the other rapper probably had it coming.

“Let me guess, his tactfulness?” The younger one snorted at the question but nodded again. Hyungwon wasn’t surprised, the other rapper didn’t think before speaking. It’s what got him into trouble more times than he could count. It started their fight as well.

“So… how do you go from hitting him to… whatever this is?” The maknae blushed again but cleared his throat and started talking.

 

“He just came in here while I was showering. When I got out, I saw him with my photo diary and I got even angrier at him.” He pointed at the diary on the shelve.

 

‘Something in there he wasn’t allowed to see’ Hyungwon guessed while he stood up and walked over towards the diary.

“Can I?” He asked as he picked up the booklet. Changkyun nodded. He took a look inside as he walked back to the bed and sat down. It was normal stuff, until he arrived at the last part of the diary, more importantly the last picture.

“Oh.” He whispered, until he saw the hearts beneath the photo.

“OH.” The maknae shyly nodded.

 

“I thought he didn’t see it. He just kept saying he needed to treat my feet, to a point when I really got mad. I walked away and he tried to stop me. Then I hit him, he tried to stop me again, we fought, fell on the bed together, I started calling him names and… He agreed.” Changkyun told him.

 

“Agreed? With what?” Hyungwon was slightly confused.

 

“Yeah. Saying I was right, that it was all his fault and stuff… followed by a weird love confession. kind of, because he did actually see the picture.”

 

“Ah, Jooheon’s tactfulness strikes once again.” Hyungwon joked. It made the maknae laugh as well.

“Did you believe him?” Changkyun snorted at the question.

 

“No, of course not. But then he just… explained everything and apologized. And it all made sense.” The maknae ended. He looked up at the taller member.

 

“And?” Hyungwon demanded. Surely, that wasn’t all.

 

“And nothing, that’s how it ended.” Hyungwon gave him a look of disbelieve. The rapper just smiled.

“Really.” He added, trying to convince the other. But the blushing gave him away.

 

“Come on, that’s not true. You’re as red as a tomato. Changkyun-ah, tell me.” The vocalist realized he sounded like a whiny child. But that actually worked on the rapper.

“Kyunnie…” he tried. The other one smiled shyly but didn’t say anything.

“Did you two kiss?” He pressed. The maknae turned even redder and smiled harder while looking at his hands, biting his bottom lip again.

“YOU DID!” Hyungwon almost shouted. The rapper just hid his face in his hands.

“Finally! I’m so happy for you guys. Really, I’ve seen you two looking longingly at each other for so long.” The vocalist added.

 

“That’s not possible, I even didn’t know until a few weeks ago that… I liked guys.” Changkyun muttered, embarrassed by the confession and the reaction of his hyung.

 

“You might’ve realized that part pretty late, sure. It’s not something you just spread around either. Not in our position.” He reasoned.

“But you fell in love before that, Kyunnie. And that’s okay. It might be the same for Jooheon. He was pretty shocked by me asking if he liked you. It’s quite alright.” Hyungwon spoke softly, pulling the maknaes hands from his face and petting his arm in support. It made the other one smile again.

“So, what happened after that. Did you guys umh…” The vocalist smiled in a dirty way and made the obscenest movement with his fingers. And this time, it was the rapper’s turn to shout.

 

“HYUNG!”

 

 

---

A/N: Dialoge, dialoge and even more dialoge. I didn't want to end it here, but this takes me hours to write. Not only that, but the chapter would've been too long.


Till next time!