.17.

The Siren’s Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Double update! Read chapter 16 if you haven't yet!

......................................................

When I was younger, I always had a fascination for Greek mythology. More for the Goddess who was associated with love, beauty, pleasure, passion and procreation; Aphrodite.

But, those weren't the reasons I grew a sense of interest. I had grown captivated for the Goddess because she was honored as a protector of those who traveled by sea. Why? Because, searching through my fathers things after his death, I had found a Greek mythology book under my parents bed. Which had a picture of my father on a boat as a bookmark on the page based on Aphrodite.

I may not remember my father or of his death but I felt a sense of familiarity with that book and knew it was important to him. I don't know why I had that feeling, but I just knew. And as I continued searching through the book, I found ripped pages that seemed to be from a journal.

There was nothing that was written clearly, considering how the paper had seemed, wrinkled, words were smeared, the paper was just simply dried up as if it was once floating in the water. But, the last thing he had written was;

Please, Aphrodite, if ever my daughter travels by sea, protect her at all cost. Let her meet — remember — take..

I couldn't read it clearly but those missing words seemed to be a mystery to me. But as I continued to grow, I had forgotten everything about the power of Aphrodite and his journal.

The only time I had remember the Goddess is when I ask for her to bless me with someone that will love me.

However,

Aphrodite seems to be ignoring my pleas.

.......................................................................

"Want to dance?" He asks as he nods his head towards the dance floor. I purse my lips as I turn my attention to where the girls were at and felt the ache return seeing as Lisa continued to dance with the girl but flicker her eyes to me. I sigh and force out a tight smile as I look over at Junhoe,

"Sure," I respond. He grins and gently takes me hand and leads us away from the bar and into the dance floor. I look over to the duo who seemed to turn their attention to me and send me a confused look while eyeing the guy. I shrug and placed my hands on his shoulders as he places his hands on my waist as we began to sway to the beat.

From the corner of my eye, I knew she was watching. I felt the fire from her gaze which only fueled my own towards the fact that she had ignored me for no reason at all. She could've been mine by now, but the childish game she was playing ruined my expectations. Maybe she was jealous, maybe she wasn't but I no longer wanted to find out.

Ignoring those eyes, I had s my arms around his neck and pushed my body flushed against his as he began to roam his hands all around my back, inching his fingers lower and lower. I didn't feel comfortable nor uncomfortable with his touches.

All I wanted was to imagine that this was Lisa I was dancing with, that this was Lisa who was touching me. But whenever I look to my side, there she was dancing with someone else, and there she was touching someone else but her eyes remained on me. Her eyes were yelling out anger, but maybe it was the alcohol in my system. Either way, I rolled my eyes and focused them on — what was his name again?

A sudden smirk replaced his smile as I began to dance a little more sensual against his body. The corner of my lips lifted into a similar smirk as his as I suddenly felt heat flow through me. I turned around and pushed my back against his front with him placing his hands on my waist and pulling me impossibly closer. I lifted my arms to reach behind and snake them around his neck as I closed my eyes and let the music consume me.

Suddenly, I was lost in the music and in my head. It wasn't the guy I was danc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter