The Meeting

Project: ICY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A small, petite woman scurried along the halls of ICY headquarters. Other agents stood out of her way naturally, but maybe that's because she had an air of importance around her. 

Yes, that's what would best describe agent Bae Irene. No nonsense and straight to the point. And right now she is very excited indeed, because she has longed for this day ever since she joined ICY. The day when she would be assigned to lead a squad. She hurried up the stairs leading to the director's office. Irene knocked three times and went inside.

"Agent Bae, early as always," the woman in the chair chuckled. She fixed her bangs and recited her mantra ever since she joined agency. "Early is on time, on time is late, and late is unnacceptable," she replied with a smile of her own. Irene had the utmost respect for the woman, and her name is Kim Taeyeon. Taeyeon is ICY's current director and head of operations, which makes her the most powerful person in the world. 

"I assume you've been briefed regarding your next assignment?" she asked, handing Irene a folder. Irene nodded, "Yes, I am fully aware of what I'll be doing for the next 12 months." Taeyeon nodded, having fully expected Irene to do background work on her role even before the day of the her team was officially assigned to her. But one thing that Irene found odd is that even she didn't have clearance to do some digging on her would-be protégés. "Do you have any questions?"

Irene tucked the dossier in her arm. "Only one. They just became of age. Why send them out into the field when they're so young?" Taeyeon chuckled, "At first, I was completely against the idea, believe me. But when I looked more into their performance, it convinced me right away. Each of their respective group heads recommended them as soon as the training period was over. They've been dubbed as the "diamond generation" by their own peers." Seeing Irene's face still sporting the same, unconvinced look, she gestured to the dossier. "Just read it, and you'll know what I'm talking about."

While heading back to her room, she bumped into someone familiar. "Oh hey Joy," Irene greeted. "Hiya, unnie!" the bubbly brunette greeted in return. Joy was from the Eisei-hei, and has worked with Irene on many different assignments. Currently she was assigned in the medical wing due to her exceptional skills with a scalpel. "So how's your first day as squad leader working out? Any drama yet?" she asked interestedly, wiggling her eyebrows. 

Irene rolled her eyes. "You've always had a penchant for gossip, don't you?" Joy just smiled sheepingly. "No, I haven't met them yet since they are still finalizing some documents upstairs." Joy crossed her arms, "Are you sure? You're not lying to me, are you?" 

Irene narrowed her eyes, "Maybe, maybe not." She tried suppressing a grin, failing completely when Joy pouted. "Well, whatever, I'll know about it sooner or later though. I always do," Joy said with a glint in her eyes. Seriously, if Irene didn't know better, she would definitely think Joy is from Argus. They waved each other goodbye and went their separate ways.

Swinging by the mess hall, Irene opted to have some yogurt, purple yogurt, of course. And off to her room she went.

Placing the dossier on top of her desk, she popped her yogurt open and started reading.

 

****

CANDIDATES FOR ICY TEAM #3298

 

1. HWANG YEJI

Group: Hashashin

Age: 18

Nationality: Korean

Details: A former basketball player, she was known for her stealth during games. Able to conceal her presence entirely. Finished top of her class. A true assassin through and through, able to to use anything as a weapon. Prefers knives over guns.

Weapon of choice: BC-41 knife

Specialty: Cold-reading

 

2. SHIN RYUJIN

Group: Excalibur

Age: 18

Natio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter