The Sister

Project: ICY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I've been tailing this guy for an hour. So far he's made three stops, and each one was a nightclub." Jisu half-whispers to her earpiece. Yuna blinks, following two dots on her screen. "You're positive he's from the Garden?" she asks Jisu. 

"Positive." Jisu confirms. She's been monitoring the courier for a week now. Who he meets with, the places he goes to, it's all routine. Plus, Jisu is never wrong when trusting her gut.

Chaeryeong stirs a cup of tea, watching another pair of monitors. "That's an awfully dark alley. It looks like a-", Jisu cuts her off, "A trap? Of course it is. He just made me." Chaeryeong just shrugs at Yuna. 

Jisu turns the corner and two bullets fly by, missing her head by centimeters. "This son of a ." she huffs, pulling back. She sticks out her hand and retracts it just as quick, drawing out three more bullets. A foot gets her four. She pulls out her push knives. 

"You got one bullet left, and it'll take you five seconds to reload. In that amount of time I'll have stabbed you already. Or you can just surrender." she yells out.

"Shut up, you dumb !" the guy yells back cockily. Jisu sighs, "I warned ya." She suddenly emerges from the corner and deftly rolls towards him, bullet missing her left arm. He scrambles to reload, but Jisu was faster. She sinks both her push knives into his thighs, and the man yells in agony. She rolls her eyes, "Oh shut it, you big baby."

She hears Yuna laugh in her earpiece. "You could've just shot him, Jisu." She made a face, "He was being a real about it. Had to teach him a lesson." 

Chaeryeong's voice comes through the comm line, "En route for extraction. Standby in-case of hostiles." Jisu steps on the man's wound, doubling the pain and making him scream. "Oh the things I'll do you later. I'm getting excited." she giggles.

Jisu emerges from the basement door. "The man's loyal, I'll give you that. But he'll break." She wipes her brow, exhaustion clear on her face. Jisu turns to Chaeryeong. "I'll need another bag of dry ice, needles and a blowdryer." She opens a water bottle, takes a swig and stops mid-drink. "This bottle just gave me an idea. I want four of these as well." Then she goes back down to the basement. 

After another hour, Jisu walks by the kitchen table and slides a piece of paper. "An address. Near Yongsan?" Ryujin asks. Jisu opens the fridge, grabbing an apple. "He says it's one of the Garden's safehouses. Probably where they stash some of their weapons and product." Yeji stands up and stretches, looking at Yuna. "Vector us to the location. Any news from Irene?" Yuna shakes her head. "Nada. Still no contact. It's been five days." 

"She's a pretty capable agent. She can handle her own." Jisu nonchalantly comments. "Yeah, but still, this is a bit concerning." Chaeryeong points out. "I'll keep scouring the airways," Yun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter