Chapter Five

You and Me

You and Me Part 5

Hyuk Jae and Dong Hae exchanged phone number on that day. Well, Dong Hae obviously said Hyuk Jae can have his number from Kyu Hyun or simply looked at their staffs data but Hyuk Jae just shrugged his shoulder, “Better I asked you directly, isn’t it?” was his respond.

When Dong Hae was combing his hair, his phone suddenly buzzing. One message from his director aka Lee Hyuk Jae.

‘What time you’ll go tomorrow, Dong Hae?’

Dong Hae didn’t realise how many times in this one day (or this last six hours to be exact) he has smile because of the latter. He didn’t realise how he could become closer with his director who is actually stranger since they didn’t know each other for a long time but he felt comfortable. He didn’t realise he never done that before. Everything just feels right for him.

‘9 A.M. Why?’

‘Oh, nothing.’

Dong Hae clearly didn’t believe him. He adjust his blanket and lay on his bed. He was about to reply when a message come again, from the same person.

‘Mind if I follow you tomorrow?’

Dong Hae didn’t know why but just reading the new messsage, his heartbeat keep increase and his widened eyes still staring at his phone. How to describe it? He can’t find any word but he knows he liked it. Like it as a friend, Dong Hae whispering to himself.

‘Are you sure? I will stay until Monday but I don’t think so you can skip even a day to not come to your own company. Moreover, I use train.’

‘That is what I hate about, Dong Hae. But thanks for reminding me. I will stay until evening… maybe? Anyway, it just took about 2 hours to Seoul so it’s okay. Train is good tho!’

Dong Hae chuckled.

‘Okay. I promise will try my best to show how precious Mokpo is to you.’

‘I’m waiting for it.’

That’s it. Dong Hae put his phone on his table and decided to sleep. He didn’t bring many things since he is not going to stay for long time so one backpack is enough. On any other time, it was easy for him to fall asleep especially he has done many works today. But today… he can’t help himself to stop thinking Lee Hyuk Jae.

Dong Hae even just realised how this one day he fully didn’t think about Si Won when the other day he thought a lot about that man and each time he keeps asking himself was it his fault or not. Si Won hasn’t sent him any message until today, not even until 00.30 A.M that night when Dong Hae keep awake and choose to reading a book about love.

He didn’t know what Si Won is doing right now. Of course he can just checked his social media, didn’t he ever said his lover is very famous? Every media must be busy to report the CEO schedule, plans, take a lot photos of the man, or even did private interview with the man because yeah… his lover is very attractive and everyone loves him.

But once again, Dong Hae didn’t do his usual habits. He didn’t check his instagram or others social media, he even didn’t feel any worries towards the man. It doesn’t mean he completely ignore Si Won or decided to end their relationship, he just wanted to rest. Rest from care and worrying about their relationship. Just for a while.

The thought about end their relationship often comes to his mind. Said was easy than done, it’s always like that and that’s what exactly Dong Hae faced. He can’t just let their relationship end, he can’t just forget their more than five years relationship because... he is okay if people called him weird. People just said and never know what the truth happened. Call him coward, yes, Dong Hae admit he is afraid if he end their relationship, he can’t find someone as kind as Si Won. He is just too comfortable with this relationship.

It’s just…

Dong Hae closed his eyes and buried his face in his pillow. He didn’t want to think further about it.

.

.

.

Hyuk Jae was coming thirty minutes earlier and Dong Hae felt ashame because he just woke up due to the latter call. Yeah, Hyuk Jae called him to inform that he has arrived, made Dong Hae widened his eyes and completely forgot to dress properly. Dong Hae stupidly ran from his apartment, met Hyuk Jae at lobby with his pyjamas (at least he is lucky he wearing normal pyjamas, not with funny characters) and slippers, and messy hair.

Hyuk Jae completely aware Dong Hae just woke up but he tried to hold his laugh. When they reached his apartment, Dong Hae quickly make a coffee before rushing to bathroom. Embarrassment completely cover him because what kind of man he is? Woke up late and met his director with pyjamas, slippers, and messy hair?

Dong Hae choose to wear simple dark blue long-sleeves sweater that pairing with his light chocolate trousers. He tried to keep calm because his director looked even handsome with casual clothes. Dong Hae bet the director didn’t waste much effort choosing his clothes today but still freaking handsome!

Dong Hae realised another thing comparable between Hyuk Jae and Si Won. Well, they were handsome and eventhough Hyuk Jae is still new, Dong Hae can see the director can lead the company well and very convince. They both do and handsome. Maybe a lot of girls or boys prefer Si Won but Hyuk Jae is not an easy rival. Hyuk Jae has charms and Dong Hae finally realised why in the first day of they met, he felt nervous.

And Dong Hae just realised what he is doing right now.

Ryeo Wook was the first person he brought to his hometown years ago because he was curious about Mokpo and they had a trip for three days at his hometown. Ryeo Wook was the first person and after that he tried to ask Si Won going to Mokpo together (not only for celebrate his mom’s birthday, but other day too) but as all of us know, he never succeed.

Meanwhile Hyuk Jae… eventhough Dong Hae knew his director join him for a trip (he is 100% sure the reason was it), still Dong Hae felt happy.

During the trip, Hyuk Jae talked with him for the first thirty minutes before he decided to sleep. Dong Hae didn’t mind it, Hyuk Jae must be barely had a good sleeping times during work days. They talked about general things usually men did and actually they just talked about one theme, sports. But because Hyuk Jae was so good, they discussed a lot about sports. And Dong Hae never did that with Si Won.

.

.

.

Hyuk Jae completely felt so fresh and ready to strolling around Mokpo once he reached out from the train. Behind him, Dong Hae smile widely and inhaled the fresh air of his hometown. He always in good mood when he is in Mokpo and everything seems fine as long as he is in his hometown.

Or maybe this time it’s ‘specially’ fine because he comes with Hyuk Jae.

Dong Hae shook his head due to that thought.

“Ready?” Dong Hae asked when Hyuk Jae finally noticed him. The director nodded. They walked out from the train station and using a taxi to his house. His brother kept calling him and offered to fetch him but he insisted to refuse. He wants to give both of his lovely a surprise.

So Dong Hwa gave up and told him to be home as fast as possible because they have prepared food and cakes but not with seaweed soup. It has been their tradition to cook the seaweed soup and serve it together to their mom. Thing that always make his mom teared up because she never stopped to be grateful God gave his two sons with kind hearts.

Without Dong Hae know, Hyuk Jae actually feels nervous. Yesterday was the fastest decision he made to join Dong Hae to Mokpo. He even hasn’t asked permission from his parents and he didn’t tell his sister about this trip. Basically, we can conclude he is runaway but not for so long.

Hyuk Jae has made sure he locked his bedroom and covered his bed with his blanket. He didn’t turn on his lamp and he has prepared excuses in his head. Hyuk Jae convince his father will asked him what he is doing or his mother who will call him to ask him where is he now. Hyuk Jae sure he is quite compatible with acting so there is no burden.

When they stopped outside his house, Dong Hwa quickly ran to them and both of them know how surprised Dong Hae’s brother was. But he helped them first and once when they got inside, both of them found Mrs Lee widened her eyes when she saw Hyuk Jae.

Of course, both of them didn’t guess they will have unexpected guest. Hyuk Jae smiled and bow awkwardly. His ears were red because he is so nervous and shy at the same time. And this time, he is not acting. Well, he never acted his habits or the way he treated Dong Hae.

“Hi Mrs Lee and hyung, my name is Lee Hyuk Jae. I am Dong Hae’s friend,” Hyuk Jae smile widely but deep in his heart he continued the friend that interested a bit with your son. He slightly rub his nape but still smiling when he got no respond, “I am sorry for bothered you but I am ready if you wanted me to go out since today is your birthday, right? I understand if you want have private time with your sons and—“

Mrs Lee step closer to Hyuk Jae and tape his shoulder. Her gaze was warm. “How bad am I for kicked my son’s friend? I am thankful you come since it has been a long time for Dong Hae brought his friend.”

Hyuk Jae held himself to ask what kind of friend it means. He tried to calm down and nodded.

“I have a gift for you, Mrs Lee.”

Dong Hae frowned but stay silent while Dong Hwa keep looking at Hyuk Jae. The centre of their attention reached his backpack, opened it, and gift a medium box wrapped in blue glossy wrapping paper.

“Oh my God, you don’t need to do this! You are our guest!” Mrs Lee shaking his head but Hyuk Jae keep pushing the gift to the woman.

“I will feel guilty if I don’t give you something on your special day, Mrs Lee.”

The woman laughed a bit and decided to accept the gift. Dong Hae might be stay watching them if his brother didn’t nudge him and drag him to the kitchen. Well, they need to do their tradition after all meanwhile Mrs Lee excused herself to arrange the guest room. Eventhough Hyuk Jae has said he won’t stay because he need to work –he didn’t say he is director of the company Dong Hae worked– the woman insisted Hyuk Jae has to rest before he going back. They rarely have guest and eventhough the room still tidy and clean, the woman still tidy it up and change the cover. She didn’t let Hyuk Jae to help her and told the man to chill on their cozy living room.

Hyuk Jae choose to looking at every frames on the living room. There were photos of Lee families –Hyuk Jae assumed Dong Hae was 15th when the photo taken, three frames of Mr and Mrs Lee, another frames with just their sons together, and many more including when Dong Hae was baby. Hyuk Jae giggled because Dong Hae looked so cute and even more now.

.

.

.

“I didn’t expect you would bring your friend.” Dong Hwa said while keep his eyes on the soup.

Dong Hae snorted, he was busy with his mango pudding but he managed to listen Dong Hwa too. “I want to give a surprise. Happy to know both of you are happy and welcoming Hyuk Jae.” He didn’t look at his brother but he said it with sincerely.

Dong Hwa smirk. He turn-off the stove and turn to his brother fully. This is interesting  and he is interested to hear more about his brother’s friend. No, Dong Hwa didn’t fall in love at the first sight with Hyuk Jae, he just interested because the guy seems hiding his feeling towards his brother.

Dong Hwa is not a love-coach but he is sensible with people habits. He is not a psychology but he can tell in just first meeting.

“I won’t ask you more for now but I will let you know one thing,” Dong Hwa smirked when his brother finally pay attention to him. “Mom is interesting with Hyuk Jae and I bet she didn’t do that when you talked about Si Won.”

That’s it. Dong Hwa pour the soup on the big bowl and brought it to the dining room, left Dong Hae with mixed feelings and forget about his pudding. He tensed while keep re-calling what his brother said.

“Sweetie, have you done?” His mom asked while his shoulder.

Dong Hae gulped and muttered a little bit more and avoiding her gaze. His mom didn’t realise but he keep looking how the woman embrace Hyuk Jae’s shoulder while chatting happily with him. Three of them –his mom, Hyuk Jae, and Dong Hwa– were laughing together and his mom continued to tell another exciting story.

“Mom is interesting with Hyuk Jae and I bet she didn’t do that when you talked about Si Won.”


.

Note : I'm sorry I'm late to post this chapter, yesterday I hangout with my friends and when I reached home, I got a fever and felt dizzy. But now I'm better ^^ Thank you for enjoying and subscribe this story! ^^ Have a nice day!