Chapter Eighteen

You and Me

Donghae couldn’t lie that he was happy to spend the time with Hyukjae. It’s funny yet truth that he can easily laugh to every single thing Hyukjae told him or their random chit-chat which led them to have small bickers. Not in a bad bickers though.

Now, he realised that both of them will go back to Seoul and greet their routine again. He didn’t want to admit but he can’t, he really loves to spending time with Hyukjae and all of that because how the man treated him and the way Hyukjae acted. It’s unbelievable on how Hyukjae can be both of best friend and boyfriend, making him so ease.

Donghae looked at Hyukjae for the last time before getting-off from his car, Hyukjae followed him by helping to carry the backpack eventhough he had said he is fine. He looked at Hyukjae’s broad shoulder and sighed when suddenly he wants to feel that broad shoulder against his means that they have to hug if he wants.

Lee Hyukjae…

It was crazy on how Hyukjae succeed to invade his brain and making him fall slowly.

Donghae would bump to Hyukjae if someone didn’t suddenly cough and catching his attention. Hyukjae stopped and both of them looking at the person who was coughing and standing in front of Donghae’s apartment with crossed arms and a friendly smile.

Donghae widened his eyes when he saw Siwon and unconciously, he grabbed Hyukjae’s arm. Well, who thought this man would appear all of sudden? When Donghae was just coming back from his trip with Hyukjae? He didn’t even think about both of them will meet again since he remembered how strict and scary Mr Choi was.

“Hi, Hae.” Siwon smiled and straightened his body. His eyes fell to Donghae’s hand which was still grabbing Hyukjae’s arm. He admitted he felt jealous with that view but can’t blame Donghae though. He has no right to do it, not anymore.

Hyukjae still standing, observing Siwon from head to toe and tried to guess what was his purpose to come and meet Donghae. Siwon was still on his suit and from his eyes, Hyukjae knew Siwon was lack of rest. It showed he also stressed.

“W-why are you here?” Donghae asked, shifted his body closer to Hyukjae until he almost hide behind Hyukjae’s back.

Siwon was startled because of Donghae question. No, Donghae didn’t ask him with high-pitched tone nor that the man gave him a hatred gaze. It was just… he felt strange to hear Donghae asked him that. But that question finally knocked his sense and reminded him of his purpose to meet Donghae.

“I think we need to talk.”

Hyukjae glanced at Donghae and smiled. A smile that made Donghae calm down a bit because he knows he has Hyukjae, the man that can protect him at all costs. Siwon looked at all their moves and just by how they stared at each other, he definitely knows Donghae was slowly falling to Hyukjae.

Siwon bits his inside cheek. He didn’t know that the feeling of watching his love falling for other man would be that hurt. Donghae looked happier with Hyukjae and he understands he can trust Hyukjae.

Donghae deserves the love he can get.

He watched how Donghae slowly opened his apartment door and with a slight smile, he said,  “Come in.” Siwon nodded and stepped to the minimalist apartment while Hyukjae handing the backpack to its owner.

“You’re not coming in?” Donghae asked, a hint of sad and fear can be sensed easily.

“Calm down, Donghae.” Hyukjae whispered, smiled, and tap his shoulder. “Both of you need to talk. I’ll go. See you tomorrow.”

Donghae nodded and waved. He wanted to ask Hyukjae to stay because he felt awkward with Siwon but he also knew he can’t. They will talk about their problem. Just both of them. And having Hyukjae inside his apartment and sitting together will make Siwon felt more uncomfortable.

“See you.”

Donghae closed the door and letting Siwon to sit in the couch across of him, giving the other the cola –Siwon’s favorite– while playing with his fingers. Donghae knew he has something to say but Siwon sudden appears just made him confuse. He hasn’t prepared all the sentences and doesn’t think the timing is good.

“Well… how are you, Hae?” Siwon asked.

Donghae cleared his throat before saying, “I’m fine. What about you?” He gave a small smile.

“I’m also okay.” There was a hesitant in Siwon’s voice but Donghae couldn’t notice it. Siwon’s eyes fell on his fingers and chuckled when he saw that habit. “We need to talk but please relax, Donghae.” He sat straighter and his face turned a little bit serious, it made Donghae gulped and somehow his heart thumping because of fear.

“Donghae, I know we’ve been together for more than five years but the last incident was truly beyond my control. I never wanted you to get hit but as you know…”

“You can’t control your father.” Donghae continued and Siwon nodded.

“Hence, I think we should end our relationship. These five years were amazing, you mean a lot to me, Donghae. But I don’t want to hurt you more, you deserve someone better than me.”

Donghae blinked his eyes. He never thought Siwon also wanted to end their relationship, not that he against it but he just… felt relief?

“I’m sorry for not being a good boyfriend for you, Hae. Sorry for being ignorant, sorry for hurt you, and…” He fished out Donghae’s phone from his pocket, which made Donghae surprised and smiled widely. Siwon admired that smile for a while, looking at how beautiful his eyes shone and his crooked teeth. He will surely miss that smile and his sweet scent. “I want to return your phone.”

Donghae received it gladly, didn’t realise the warmth gaze from Siwon. The young CEO turned his head to look at the minimalist apartment for a few moment. How everything arranged neatly, the small yet memorable kitchen, Donghae’s family picture in a medium size frame in the living room. Siwon remembered how they used to cook together, watching movie together, and how Donghae always said he loved him.

He will miss this apartment and the owner. He will miss to spend time with Donghae eventhough their relationship might be seemed boring but deep inside his heart, he always enjoyed their moment.

He threw his gaze to Donghae. How fluffy his hair was, how breathtakingly beautiful his smile, how lovely his voice, he will miss all about Donghae. He surely will miss him so bad.

Siwon felt his heart can’t take it any longer. It’s just hurt him, together with Donghae in the same room but can’t hug or kiss him like they used to do. So, he stood and gave a smile.

“I’ll go now.” He didn’t wait Donghae to reply. They walked to the door but Siwon stopped before he could open the door. He inhaled deeply before turned his back to Donghae and with his shaky voice, he asked, “May I hug you… for the last time?”

For the last time.

He never imagined those words can be said. He never thought they relationship will end like that. Five years but not a happy ending.

Donghae stared at Siwon’s eyes. The man looking at him so desperately and he can’t to say no. He didn’t have any heart to reject. Although their relationship was not the best, Donghae still appreciate everything of Siwon. He remembered how he fell head over heels for this man, there is no room for him to hate Siwon. For him, it’s not Siwon’s fault and he can’t be blamed for his father’s character.

“Yes. Come.”

Siwon hugged Donghae tightly. He closed his eyes, inhaling how nice Donghae’s scent was, how warm his body, and how soft his hair was. He tried to memorise every single part of Donghae, making a promise to himself that after all of this, he will let Donghae to find his true love. He the small back and swear will always remember how nice Donghae is.

“Please take care of yourself, Donghae.” He whispered, Donghae’s hair gently. “I love you. Please find a good man for yourself.” He slowly letting off his hug and smile sadly.

“You too, Siwon.” Donghae squeezes his hand. “Hope you will always be happy and find your love too, Siwon.”

He looked through the deep yet pure eyes. With the last glance and nod, he opened the door and step out from the apartment. Leaving his love behind. Leaving their memories.

His steps were heavy. He tried to ignore the tears that started to gather up to his eyes.

At least, he did a good thing.

It might be hard for him to move on from Donghae but Siwon knew he has to. He didn’t realise how big Donghae impacted his life but started from that day, he is not the same Siwon anymore. He becomes a new person, a more quiet and more workaholic.

.

.

.

 

Hyukjae was really exhausted. The never-ending meeting about their products launching date and the current other products they’re working on made his head wanted to explode and it made he feels like he can throw-up anytime because of his hectic schedules. He barely had rest that day and now looking at his piled up reports, makes him want nothing but to sleep.

“I buy this hot chocolate and burger.”

He turned his head to the voice and smile immediately as he saw Donghae. At least, he won’t be alone in the office and if he is boring or tired, he can turn his gaze to Donghae.

It was seven and they can’t go out to eat since they have a lot of work to do since the deadline is coming. Donghae giggled as he saw how Hyukjae tasted his hot chocolate and giving a satisfied grin. He feels relief too since he knows how busy Hyukjae nowadays and sometimes he also worries about his health.

“I think we have to give our new products to a few famous actress and singers.” Donghae suggested while writing something on his calendar –as reminder about the other meeting to add on Hyukjae’s schedules.

“I agree. Some people will trying to find what products they use lately and it will be good.”

Hyukjae swallowed his burger, put it aside for a while to type some reply to other company. His face back to its serious state and Donghae smiled silently. He really liked Hyukjae’s expressions whether it is playful or serious.

“I will finish three more. After that, we’ll go.” Hyukjae said with his eyes focused on his laptop.

Donghae answered in a hum, back to his work. He can’t say he didn’t feel tired. He felt the same. His back stiffened and what he wants now is laying on his bed and sleep.

These days they’re getting even busier since the products will launch in less than four days. And it’s been around two weeks after their trip to Jeju. Since then, they got so many work and meeting here and there.

Eventually, Hyukjae finished his work and stood. He stretched his arms and letting out a groan which resulting Donghae lets out a chuckled. It has been Hyukjae routinity to bring Donghae home, he never let the latter to back alone anymore with the reason to protect you from bad things, which kind of cute and… sweet? Well, Donghae didn’t find it cheesy though. Hyukjae cares for him and he feels more than happy.

“Are you feel really tired?” Hyukjae asked in their way to the basement.

“…not really. Why?”

Suddenly, Hyukjae’s face brightened. He smiled and opened the door for Donghae to come in to his car. When he finally got in, he muttered, “What about we get the proper dinner now? I’m craving for ramen.”

It’s been a while they can chill like that and this night also the earliest hour they get out from office. Mostly, they will come out at ten or eleven, this is the sign of their works slowly reduced, at least for a while. Looking at Hyukjae’s face just making Donghae realise he can’t say no.

So they went to Hyukjae’s favorite Japanese restaurant which located an hour from the company. The ride was fun with both of them singing to a few songs or simply recalled about a funny incident that happened when they had meeting.

Hyukjae quickly placed his order and asked what Donghae wanted to eat when they finally found the best seat –near the window and far from crowds– but since Donghae never been in that restaurant, he just followed what Hyukjae ordered.

In term of waiting their food, Hyukjae can’t hold himself to not ask the question he has for days. He doesn’t think he can wait anymore so in his low voice, he asked, “How is your relationship with Siwon, now?”

No, Hyukjae can’t bring himself to calm down or act like he is not curious. Seriously, he has this question in his head for days and can’t sleep properly because the curiosity. Eventhough he was very confident about himself, there were also times when he doubt.

Like… what if they still continuing their relationship?

But when he sees Donghae’s smile, Hyukjae slowly becomes relief. And the next sentence will be the nicest story he ever heard.

“We have ended our relationship since that day.”

Hyukjae is very sure his mood will be super good tomorrow and tonight, he doesn’t know how wide and weird his smile is. He can’t hide any happiness, all radiating obviously from his face and Donghae giggled because of it.

“Let’s have a party, then.”

Next thing, Donghae just sitted in silent because Hyukjae joyfully called the waitress to order two more big bowls of ramen and two more glasses of strawberries juice.

*****

Sorry for the long waitsT.T but I hope all of you enjoy this chapter^^ Thank your for all your supports, upvotes, comments, suggestions, and all of you who has subscribe this fic. Have a nice day everyone!^-^ Also, check out my other still going on story, Can I Stay ^^ Thank you so much!^^ ❤️