Something Just Like This

OneShot: KkuChaen

 

 

'She's in there', Chaeyeon told herself after checking the members in their dorm. Her bestfriend finally got a room where she can play games. Though it's not that spacious, she knew that it made Sakura really happy. Chaeyeon knocked at the door thrice. Having no response, she opened the door and found her bestfriend already asleep on a bed placed in the gaming room. She quietly approached Sakura and tucked her in the bed. She gently caressed her bestfriend's head before leaving the room.


After their schedule the next day, the members returned to their respective dorms. In Sakura's dorm, the other members kept teasing her about her gaming room. She can't hide her happiness about it. As expected, after freshning up, she squeezed in a time to play despite a long day of shooting. While she's playing, someone came in. It's Yuri. She quietly watched Sakura play and mimic Sakura's pose with her computer keyboard. After a while, Sakura noticed Yuri was there. They looked at each other then laughed. Sakura removed her headphones, Yuri said goodnight to her then left the room. 


Sakura checked the time. She decided to play some more. When she's done she turned off her computer and went out of the gaming room. She was surprised to see Chaeyeon in the living room with her airpods on and writing something on her notebook. When they made eye contact, Chaeyeon immediately stood up. Sakura approached her. 


"You're not sleeping in your gaming room?, Chaeyeon asked.

"No, not today", Sakura answered.

"Goodnight, Saku-chan."

"Are you going to sleep here?", Sakura asked as she saw a pillow and a blanket on the couch.


Chaeyeon nodded. She explained that she have things to do and she doesn't want to disturb Hiichan who's already asleep. Sakura wanted to inquire some more but she just let Chaeyeon be.


"Goodnight, Jjaeyeon."

 

-----------------

 

Chaeyeon went in to Sakura's gaming room. She felt happy that Sakura got her space to do the thing she loves the most. She thought of clearing the area more so Sakura can be more comfortable. While Chaeyeon is inside the gaming room, Sakura came in. 


"What are you doing here?", Sakura asked.

"Nothing. I just took a look at your favorite room now", Chaeyeon answered.

"It's really nice. I love this."

"Let's remove the other things so you can have more space."

"It's okay. This will do."

"Okay, if you say so."


Sakura smiled.


"I'll go out now so you can play", Chaeyeon said.

"You can stay if you want to", Sakura responded.

"Enjoy your game."

"You don't like it here?"

"It's not that. I know you're focused everytime you play so I don't want to distract you. Besides, anywhere is fine as long as it's with you."


Sakura smiled at Chaeyeon.


"Are you staying in the couch again?", Sakura asked.

"Probably", Chaeyeon responded.

"Okay. You do your thing too. I'll be right here", Sakura said as Chaeyeon went out of the gaming room.


When game time is over, Sakura decided to just sleep in the gaming room. She stepped out to wash up before sleeping. She saw Chaeyeon in the living room already lying down. After freshning up, she got back to Chaeyeon and gently caressed her shoulder. Chaeyeon didn't move a bit so Sakura just covered her with a blanket then head back to the gaming room. 

 

--------------------

 

Having food delivered has become a habit for the members. Since Jline doesn't have a Korean number, they use Chaeyeon's everytime they order food. Chaeyeon finds it funny once she gets notifications. Chaeyeon is known as a mom to her members, but for Sakura, she's like a wife. The care she gives to others, the way she serves them and even the simple gestures are definitely wife material. Sakura was reminded by it the moment she saw food on the table beside her computer. When she sat on her chair, she saw a note attached on the container of the food.


"Saku-chan
Eat well so you can play well.
                                  -Jjaeyeon"


Chaeyeon is not in their dorm that day as she has personal matters to attend to. Sakura ate the food Chaeyeon prepared for her. She played afterwards. She didn't notice that she spent hours of playing already. She took a break and head out of the gaming room. Wonyoung, Nako, Hiichan and Yuri were at the living room. They immediately teased their ichiban unnie. Sakura joined her dongsaes in the living room. They were talking to one another, the dongsaes kept teasing Sakura. After a while, Chaeyeon came back to their dorm. As they gathered again, the dormmates ordered food and ate together. 


After eating, the unnies cleaned up. Sakura thanked Chaeyeon for the food she left at the gaming room. Chaeyeon talked about where she's been. As the two finished the task, they went back to the living room. Hiichan and Nako are still there while Wonyoung and Yuri went inside their room already. Nako asked Sakura if she'll play again while Hiichan asked Chaeyeon if she'll sleep in the living room again. Both unnies answered 'Yes'. Nako and Hiichan went to their respective rooms. Chaeyeon and Sakura stayed on the couch after their dongsaes left. 


"Go in", Chaeyeon said.

"I'll stay here with you", Sakura replied.

"Why?"

"I just want to."

"How about your game?"

"It can wait."


Chaeyeon stood up and went to her room she took some of her things including a pillow and a blanket. Sakura just watched Chaeyeon. When Chaeyeon put down her things, Sakura immediately grabbed the pillow and lied down on the couch.


"What are you doing?", Chaeyeon asked.

"I'm going to lie down here until you're done with what you're doing", Sakura answered.


Chaeyeon is a bit confused about Sakura's actions. They both know that they are not the clingy type. They understand each other even without talking. But for some reason, Chaeyeon can't read Sakura's gestures.


"Saku-chan, what do you want?"

"You."

"What?"

"I want you."

"Are you okay?"

"No."

"Tell me what's going on?"

"I want to play games but I want to be with you too."

"You're with me."


Sakura closed her eyes and turned her back at Chaeyeon. Still clueless on what's going on, Chaeyeon turned to Sakura and asked her to get up so they can talk properly. When the two are finally facing each other Sakura kissed Chaeyeon's forehead. 


"I want...", Sakura said as she kissed Chaeyeon's nose.

"...to be...", she kissed Chaeyon's left cheek.

"...with you...", she kissed Chaeyeon's right cheek.

"...like this", she kissed Chaeyeon's lips.


Chaeyeon didn't managed to do or even say anything, she just stared at Sakura. 


"Say something", Sakura said.

"I don't know...", Chaeyeon responded.


Sakura was surprised at Chaeyeon's response to her. It's not what she expected. Sakura looked down and stayed quiet. After a few moments, she stood up and walked towards her gaming room. 


"Wait!", Chaeyeon said.


Sakura stopped walking, Chaeyeon grabbed her arm and stood in front of her.


"It's dangerous...", Chaeyeon said.

"I know that", Sakura uttered.

"I'm afraid for the two us if we take that risk."

"But I love you... I'm willing to take that risk."

"Saku-chan..."

"Jjaeyeon... I already told you what I want. I was hoping that you want the same but it seems like it's not the case."


Sakura let go of Chaeyeon's hand on her arm and went inside her gaming room. After a few seconds, Chaeyeon came in. She found Sakura in front of her computer, getting ready to play. Chaeyeon hugged Sakura from behind. Sakura stopped what she's doing and faced Chaeyeon. 


"Jjaeyeon...you know I love games the most. I love yukhoe too. There's a lot of things that I love but it's the first time I felt like this.

I love you.

I understand what you're saying. I was afraid too but I don't want to regret the chance to express my feelings towards you."


Chaeyeon hugged Sakura.


"Saku-chan, I know you love games more than me."


Sakura slightly hit Chaeyeon's arm. Chaeyeon slowly break their hug. Looking at each other eye to eye, it's Chaeyeon's turn to express her feelings.


"I know what I feel towards you, I knew I love you but I tend to overthink. I immediately thought of the consequences if we pursue this. I started to feel afraid for us. I guess I'm not as brave as you..."


Sakura caressed Chaeyeon's face.


"I want to be with you like this too", Chaeyeon said.

"Like what?", Sakura asked.


Chaeyeon leaned forward and pressed her lips to Sakura. She tilted her head and placed her hand on Sakura's face as she deepened the kiss. Sakura stepped back as Chaeyeon continued kissing her. They eventually stopped when Sakura's back hit the wall of the gaming room.


"Like this", Chaeyeon said.

"I want something just like this with you", Sakura said.


"Let's stay like this then."


"I love you, Jjaeyeon."

"I love you too, Saku-chan."

 

"Can I play now?, Sakura asked.

Chaeyeon laughed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


-END-