white lies

PAIN(KILLER)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, so he lied. 

He did lie for a long time.

Now, asking for answers is a thing, but to receive them and then notice that you are not even ready to react is a different deal. She had to face it with her arms crossed and forced, emotionless expressions as she was actually falling into a painful realization of how dramatic her supposed solution was.

Yes. Hers.

That one solution she gave SeHun last night, under some kind of illogical state.

That one solution she somehow gave a stranger in a brief and even stranger meeting that she couldn't even remember very well.

However, nothing changed a very important fact: That SeHun lied.

Guiding her away from the tables and even far away from Baek, SeHun was quick to explain this family issue where he finally decided to create an imaginary girlfriend to prevent an arranged marriage.

His father was easy to convince, as the man barely contacted his son for business or very, very, very important occasions that one must attend even if it isn't an actual priority. For example, that last birthday when SeHun even saved him some trouble by faking a date that never happened.

He invented a girl that never existed.

His father was easy, yes, but then his friends and coworkers weren't that naive. BaekHyun wasn't even one of the toughest to satisfy, and yet the boy couldn't help but point out every single suspicious detail because, of course, he sensed that something could be happening.

And something was, in fact, happening. All thanks to Arisa.

​​​

. . .

 

LAST NIGHT. AROUND 7:00 P.M.

 

In whatever state she was in, she gave SeHun the idea as she overheard his conversation with his brother.

The same brother who created tension and doubts in order to improve his chances of becoming the future lead of his father's wealth (the hospital where he worked included).

The same brother who could've beaten Baek in a staring competition.

The same brother who made SeHun reach a sensitive point of his composure.

As this infamous brother pushed SeHun into accepting a double date with his now supposed wife, a cheeky and amused Arisa laughed her way out of the restaurant to push SeHun's shoulder.

He hung up the call for some sanity's sake. To be honest, is not like he was completely sober.

"Uh?"

"Uh, yes, say just uh. You must be one of those indifferent princes that doesn't have time for dates, don't you?"

"I-" No.

He said nothing.

It was visible in his eyes that he had no time for drunk debates.

Well, and she would've stopped any kind of explanation anyway, "Am I right or what? Who's that poor girl you are not showing off? Like, dude, she'd probably love it."

"Well, what if she doesn't?"

"I don't know, that's what she told you?"

A pause. A stare. A confidence: "No."

"No?" Arisa raised an eyebrow, snickering with nothing but bittersweet memories of her own. "You even asked?"

SeHun replied again in the same tone, "No-" But then, as Arisa was ready to talk back, this time it was him who interrupted her words. "She doesn't even exist."

And heaven knows that something about SeHun's life was tied to make it feel like a drama. Those family problems, that chaebol background, the whole need of an arranged marriage. In the middle of the age of likes, filters and movies that let you choose the protagonist's decisions, and not even getting into memes, such thing as an arranged marriage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter