memories ahead

PAIN(KILLER)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two hours later they were sitting at a small dining room table, eating the first thing Arisa could get out of her sleeve. Though not literally, and she spent about thirty minutes preparing something with whatever was left in the fridge; flour, pasta and vegetables were enough to prepare a decent meal for lunch.

They woke up too late to talk about breakfast and, in any case, that wouldn't have been enough. She was hungry, doubtful and there was an attractive stranger sitting in front of her, chillin' while tasting what she cooked minutes ago.

Just amazing.

He actually offered to set the table and even if she refused at first, not wanting him to be too comfortable, she had no strength to do it herself. So she allowed him to serve and when it was done, graceful and neat, more doubts arised about what was happening.

Arisa started to eat, but after a couple of bites it was hard to ignore such a need to talk, trying to be cool. She was not.

"So ... we got married," she murmured, loud enough for him to hear.

The man looked up and set his plate aside, nodding.

"Yes, and my name is SeHun. I'm sorry I skipped that part."

"I should know already, right?"

She tried to smile but failed miserably when the guilt in her chest made her writhe with a groan, resting her cheek on the table and closing her eyes tightly.

"I can't believe this is happening. I don't... And no offense. It's just that I'm supposed to be marrying someone else... Good heavens, I'm supposed to get married. I'm- I was engaged."

There was a short, quiet silence before SeHun settled into his seat and weighed an answer. "I know. I mean, I knew last night. You told me about your ex-fiance, TaeYong, I think? How he apologized but no more. And that it was weird, since he begged so much. But again, I guess he just felt guilty. He wasn't looking for you to resume the commitment and you did nothing wrong."

Without a single hint of malice, SeHun made the mention of TaeYong pierce her chest with a single blow before keeping on its way. He downplayed it. Whether he did it on purpose or not, he used a tone in which TaeYong ceased to be relevant a long time ago.

"But..." she remembered. Partly, she could remember, or at least feel those words coming out of her mouth.

She even seemed to be able to recall in real time the little encounter in which TaeYong returned, apologized, asked to meet later and never came back. When he left he gave signs to be rushed, but perhaps it was just a subtle attempt to escape from the subject of marriage? Sounded like something likely of them. Both Arisa and TaeYong. She couldn't blame him.

However, she couldn't believe that she married someone else within a couple of days after that. The last vivid thing in her memory was to receive a call from her coworkers, a dinner from the company, all paid and all eaten, perhaps more drinks than she had thought... The thing that wasn't clear yet was why she had gotten drunk if she never did before. Or if it actually happened. She wouldn't have been surprised to have fal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter