Prank War

Thicker Than Water

A/N - Soooo is ET couple cannon now?

 

Prank War

 

Jeongyeon liked most people at school.

 

Teachers didn’t like her very much, but she could safely say she had no real enemies. Guys loved that she could joke around with them and clap-back, while girls liked that she offered good advice and was funny. Most people just found her day to day pranks hilarious and that was enough to make her one of the more popular girls in school. Even Jennie spared her from her usual glares and snide comments, that was a rarity. Or a miracle, one or the other. However, despite the mutual love the world seemed to have for Kim Jeongyeon, there was one person she could say she hated with every inch of her being. Ting-yan “Elkie” Chong.

 

And like most tales of feuds it started with a girl. Choi Lia to be exact, the best looking girl in their class in freshmen year. The usual tragic story applied, two friends fall for the same unsuspecting girl and rip their friendship apart. Now if you asked Jeongyeon she’d say that Elkie stole Lia from her, she swooped in when Jeongyeon was off sick and stole Lia away. Elkie, on the other hand, would say that Jeongyeon was jealous of her and Lia’s friendship and started a smear campaign against her. The real reason had since been lost to history, no one knew the real reason for the beef. However, since then the duo were in a war with one another, even after Lia transferred away to some international school. Usually they would ignore each other like the plague but sometimes they’d spend weeks constantly going back and fourth with cruel pranks until one snapped and jumped the other in a brawl.

 

Nobody knew what had started the latest prank war, but everyone knew when it ended. It was halfway through their senior year when everything took a turn for the worst. Jeongyeon had pulled off the perfect prank and at the time was hidden round the corner in the hallway during lunch. She watched her target approach her locker, talking with Amber Liu in Chinese with no clue as to what was about to happen. The prankster could barely retain her giggles as she watched Elkie enter her combination, when the locker opened there was a loud pop. Blue paint splattered all over the girl’s face as Amber looked on, mouth open in shock. Laughter began ringing out from all over the corridor.

 

Jeongyeon cackled as she rounded the corner to swagger past, “What’s wrong Elkie? You look a little blue!”

 

Elkie glowered at her, “KIM!!!”

 

Momo was laughing at the end of the hallway, awaiting her sister with a high-five. As Jeongyeon’s second in command she was always ready to clap Jeongyeon on the back for a good prank. Jihyo was stood next to her, shaking her head, having rounded the corner with her friend Irene in time to watch the prank. Irene herself was stifling her own laughter, Jihyo didn’t like pranks and Irene knew that so was trying to be a loyal friend. The older two ignored her look of disappointment and instead began making smurf jokes

 

“I don’t know why you keep goading her like that,” Jihyo tutted, “It just creates an endless cycle of pranks.”

 

The pranksters exchanged a look.

 

“So?” Was their reply,

 

Jihyo rolled her eyes, “Fine just don’t be upset when she gets revenge.”

 

“I don’t know, Ji,” Jeongyeon grinned, “That one was pretty great!”

 

“Yeah, it’ll be way to hard for her to top!”

 

“Like Elkie could top anyone.” Jeongyeon cackled,

 

Irene smirked, “Apparently she’s been eyeing up your sister.”

 

The laughter stopped, Jihyo cocking her head, “Which one? There’s like a one in nine shot.”

 

“Seulgi said that Luna heard from Victoria that Amber told her Elkie has a little soft spot for Tzuyu,” Irene shrugged, “They don’t talk or anything but there are little smiles when they pass each other in the hall.”

 

Jeongyeon scoffed, “Tzuyu is a foetus. She’s got a few years before she starts dating.”

 

“Keep telling yourself that.” Irene shrugged,

 

“C’mon Irene,” Jihyo laughed, “Tzuyu is just a baby, she’s not into that sort of thing.”

 

“She’s too sweet to fall for Chong anyway.” Momo added,

 

Irene raised her hands in defence, “Okay, okay! Whatever helps you all sleep at night.”

 

With that laughable suggestion the end of conversation came and the group went their separate ways, possible vengeance far from Jeongyeon’s mind. Her maths class went without issue, everyone complimenting her on the great prank. It was safe to say Jeongyeon’s ego was very much inflated. Even during the next period PE class everybody was talking about it, apparently most of the blue was off her face now but it had taken an hour to get that far. Safe to say Jeongyeon was extremely proud of herself, her happiness even translating to singing and dancing in the showers after the hour of running for PE. When she got out she was whistling to herself as she walked over to her locker….only for it to be empty when she opened it.

 

“What the….?”

 

Jeongyeon looked around for her clothes but they were nowhere to be found, she could have sworn she had left them in her locker. Where would they have gone? That was when she noted the blue smiley face drawn on the back of her locker in blue pen. With as much force as she could muster whilst trying to keep her towel on, Jeongyeon slammed her locker shut, “CHONG!!”

 

Thus Jeongyeon ended up glowering to herself at her groups lunch table, luckily Jihyo had a spare uniform only it was two sizes too small, a skirt and it came with an I-Told-You-So that she did NOT appreciate. However, Jeongyeon’s revenge was already in place. She’d slipped her (and Momo’s the girl just didn’t know it yet) allowance to the lunch ladies to slip some “special sauce” in Elkie’s food. Basically when she took a bite it’d taste like rotting fish heads and cheese. She watched like a hawk as Elkie paid for her lunch, tuning out whatever argument Momo, Hyolyn and Bora were having - something about goldfish and Jurassic Park. She watched Elkie sit with her friends and take a bite of her food…cackling loudly as her face contorted in disgust and she spat out her food.

 

“For God sakes Jeong.” Soyou rolled her eyes, “Aren’t you bored of messing with her yet?”

 

Jeongyeon shook her head, “Not when I’m winning.”

 

She grinned mischievously at her friends before turning back to Elkie and meeting her glare, she waved her fingers in greeting as she took a triumphant bite of her own food. Elkie looked around for a moment and then her eyes landed on another table, something changing in her eyes. She snapped her gaze back to Jeongyeon again, an evil smile playing on her lips as she stood up. This was the moment she upped the game to a new level, all bets falling off.

 

“What’s she doing?” Momo asked, watching also as Elkie began walking through the tables to one closer to them,

 

“No clue.”

 

Then Jeongyeon’s heart stopped as she spotted where Elkie was making a bee-line for. Tzuyu and Hyewon were sat talking quietly, well Hyewon was talking - Tzuyu was nodding along attentively as she ate. The table wasn’t far and the cafeteria was emptying out due to people finishing food and going outside, meaning Jeongyeon would be able to hear every word. She looked around and noticed Sana was also watching Elkie with a confused look, ignoring her friends as the babbled about something Jeongyeon would inevitably think stupid. Tzuyu and Hyewon paused their conversation to look up at the newcomer, Elkie only focusing on Tzuyu.

 

“It’s Tzuyu, right?” She asked,

 

“Y-Yeah?” Tzuyu was not good with new people, even if she and Elkie nodded to each other in the hall,

 

Elkie looked past her for a moment to smirk at Jeongyeon again, then she slipped into Chinese, “You’re from Taiwan, right?”

 

Tzuyu paused, “Yeah…why?”

 

“No reason, I just thought with your sisters being….well themselves you probably don’t get to talk in your mother-tongue much.”

Hyewon looked confused before excusing herself, planning to meet up with Tzuyu later and find out what was going on. Jeongyeon was going red with fury, Momo stood not liking that they could hear the conversation (Elkie made sure she was loud enough) but couldn’t understand it. They’d never heard Tzuyu speak in that language since they were younger, so knowing that Elkie could say anything without them knowing didn’t sit right. When Elkie’s hand reach forward to tilt Tzuyu’s eyes up to meet hers Jeongyeon noted a hint of fear in Tzuyu’s eyes, protectiveness Rosé and she stood, Momo following her as she marched.

 

Only to stop when they realised Tzuyu was blushing. Elkie smiled and said one more thing before returning to her table, leaving Tzuyu staring after her perplexed. Jeongyeon was furious, pranks were one thing but you never bring her family into it. EVER. Sana excused herself and went over to sit with Tzuyu, knowing the younger wouldn’t want to be interrogated by the elder two if they went over. Seeing that Tzuyu was with someone she trusted Jeongyeon spotted Elkie leaving the cafeteria with Amber and gave chase.

 

“Chong!” She yelled down the vacant hallway, Momo on her heels,

 

The duo stopped in their tracks.

 

“Jeongyeon,” Elkie raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms, “Can I help you?”

 

“I made it clear that Tzuyu is off limits, all my sisters are.”

 

Elkie giggled, “All we did was have a conversation, Tzuyu even said it was nice speaking Mandarin again.”

 

Jeongyeon stepped up, chest to chest, “If you with her I swear to God….”

 

Elkie rolled her eyes, “You’ll what? Cover me in paint again?”

 

“Just back off.” Momo growled, sizing Amber up who stood behind Elkie ready to fight if need be,

 

“Or what? You still haven’t told me my punishment.” Elkie paused but when there was no reply she clicked her tongue, “Well then…” She began walking back down the hall, “Tzuyu’s a big girl, if she comes to me it’ll be her own choice.”

 

“She’d never be seen dead with you!” Jeongyeon yelled after her, she just kept walking, “STAY AWAY FROM MY FAMILY!”

 

But she was gone.

 

“What a …” Momo muttered, relaxing a little,

 

Jeongyeon couldn’t help but agree. A line had been crossed, Jeongyeon was protective of her sisters - the only one more so was Appa Sang. If that blue faced, fake, knock-off barbie doll thought she could go anywhere near one of her sisters she had another thing coming.

 

Because if she pulled something like that again Jeongyeon would rip out her extensions and make her swallow them.