The Handbook

I Will Make You Only See Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina checked her locker to see its already filled with books and other academic stuff, she remembered Jeongyeon made mention of combat and athletic uniforms, probably stuffed in their gym lockers, she ought to check that out too.

 

She was collecting her books when Mina felt someone opened theirs too, only to see an open locker and a floating bag with a visible skirt. This caught Mina off guard.

 

The skirt faced Mina and it talked. “Hi.”

 

Mina ran as fast as she could to her room. The dinner was uneventful after. She skimmed through the small book and read their basic rules.

 

“Rule number 3, strictly follow the lights out at nine in the evening. Nobody is supposed to be roaming around, 15 minutes before the lights out.”

 

“Rule number 4, always wear your complete uniform.”

 

“Rule number 5, do not violate any of the preceding rules.”

 

Mina sighed and closed the handbook. They got five basic rules here. It was not like they were hard to follow. All Mina did was sit on her bed and think of how all of these happened in a blur as she slowly fell into a peaceful slumber.

-

It was quite a great start for Mina today. She arrived at her second class, the tactical, but she was not listening. Mina tried avoiding interaction as much as possible. She was successful though. Mina was able to eat lunch peacefully.

 

Alone. That was she meant. There were two short girls who attempted to sit with her but Mina glared at them before the pale one could even slurp her hot noodles. The short haired girl seemed to got the signal and pulled her friend out of Mina’s table. Good. Just how she liked it.

 She looked around and found herself walking into a a room full of books, library again. She skimmed through the shelves of books when Mina felt a presence somewhere. Someone else was with her. "Who's that?" No one answered. But Mina felt the presence. It was too strong.

 

"I should be the one asking you that." Mina shrieked when she saw the presence was real and she's a student too. The girl looked at Mina scrutinizing her. Mina felt really small under her gaze. "This is my turf. Who are you?" Mina gulped and braved herself to answer. Goddammit it was looking like it used to when she still lived in the streets.

 

"I- uh, I thought this is the library." The girl raised her brows that matched her red hair. Now looking at her, she got those nice eyes. "It is. But not this room. Now let me ask you again, what. are. you. doing. here?"

 

Mina frowned. "I just answered you?" The girl twitched. Oh, no, no, no, she was getting mad. This one was scarier than those large bullies she met on the streets. Mina felt her spine shook involuntarily. There’s something about her that was making Mina fear and be scared at her. The girl held out the pen on her pocket and was about to say something when the doors burst open with Jeongyeon rushing in.

 

"Nayeon. She's new, just go on reading." Jeongyeon stood in the middle, hiding Mina behind her. Mina risked a look. 

 

Nayeon played with her pen and looked at them intently. Calculating. "I see." Jeongyeon breathed out as if she was relieved. Mina just observed them and waited.

 

"I'll let it pass, just this time." Nayeon turned and walked away, slipping through the large shelves again. "Just close the door when you leave. And please do so immediately."

 

Jeongyeon grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the room. Mina was confused.  Jeongyeon turned to Mina, "What are you doing inside that room?" Mina was getting scolded? What? 

 

"It's the library, I thought I could read books there?" Jeongyeon pinched the bridge of her nose, rolling her eyes. Was Mina going to the library a stressful thing?

 

"It's on the other building, Mina."

 

"Can you blame me though? They all look the same!" They walked towards the staircase, still arguing. "Just be careful, it could have been a big trouble if Momo didn't tell me."

 

"Momo?" Jeongyeon continued walking downstairs. Mina tried catching up. "She's my friend, she saw you enter that room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter