Meet the Midgets

I Will Make You Only See Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina was eating her breakfast when the same two midgets was looking at her table again. She didn’t glare at them this time. The shorter girl kept on glancing at her while the pale one was pretending not to, failing miserably.

 

“Uh, hi.”

 

The shorter girl with a shorter hair waved a little, the pale girl stopped eating and waved to Mina as well. She gave them a nod and continued eating, trying to insinuate that she didn’t want to talk. But they seemed to miss the hint.

 

“I am Chaeyoung and this is Dahyun.”

 

Mina sighed and rolled her eyes inward. These dwarves are dense. “Hi, I’m Mina.”

 

“Hi Mina.” The duo simultaneously greeted her. The two said they were insisting on sitting at the same table with Mina because that’s where they used to sit for the past years, an unspoken rule that this table was for “dubchaeng”

Dahyun gestured Mina to move closer too. She did begrudgingly. “You see that center table?”

 

Mina looked at the empty table at the middle of the cafeteria. Everyone else was sitting on other tables. “That’s where the powerful kids are sitting.”

 

Chaeyoung leaned in too and whispered, “Their parents are either part of the administrative body or board of directors.”

 

Mina watched as Momo carried her tray and sat on the table with Jeongyeon and some other girl. “That’s why they’re popular, they got powers, position in the admin to be inherited, beauty, and influence.” Dahyun said in awe. Mina watched them stare at the table like the celebrities were sitting on them. “How about you?”

 

“What about us?”

 

“Who are you?”

 

Chaeyoung scratched her head, “Well uhm, we are the designated regular kids? Yeah.”

 

Dahyun laughed and continued eating. “Chaeyoung is Jeongyeon’s sister.”

 

“Shut it!”

 

Oh. Interesting. Chaeyoung was embarrassed at her friend’s revelation. Mina didn’t get why so she prodded further. “Why are you not sitting with them?”

 

Dahyun looked at her friend, smiling knowingly, then answered. “Jeongyeon wanted us to sit with them a few years back. But Nayeon is scary as heck so we opted not to.”

 

Mina frowned at the mention of Nayeon’s name. “Nayeon?”

 

“Oh she-”

 

Chaeyoung covered her friend’s mouth and eyed her warning. “Dahyun seems to be talking too much today. Hehe.”

 

Nayeon and her connection in this school seemed to be really something else. Mina thought. It made her even curious about who she was really.

 

“What’s your powers, by the way?” Chaeyoung desperately tried to change the topic her friend carelessly opened this lunch.

 

“Mental manipulation.”

Chaeyoung dropped her food and gawked at Mina. “Woah!”

 

Dahyun hummed and tapped her chin. “Mental manipulation is… you can control upper brain functions.”

 

Mina nodded. The duo started to fire various questions. They seemed to be thrilled to know her power.

 

“Can you read our thoughts?”

 

“Can you see my dreams?”

 

“Can you erase embarrassing memories?”

 

“Can you transfer the whole book in my brain so I won’t have to study?”

 

“That would be cool!”

Mina stared at them uninterested. They seemed to get the hint this time, so they sat properly and listened.

 

“To start things, no, I can’t read your thoughts. Yet. I can’t see dreams and no, I can’t erase memories and unfortunately, Dahyun, I can’t transfer the whole book in your brain.”

 

“Aw.”

 

Mina watched their faces fall. They continued eating in silence. She took this as a chance to ask them a question. “Chaeyoung, what’s your power?”

 

“Telekinesis.”

 

Dahyun cleared and stretched her back, then started narrating Chaeyoung’s power.”Ah, yes. Telekinesis. The power of Chaeng is to manipulate objects or matter with the mind.”

 

Chaeyoung nodded and smiled, looking around before making a fork float. Dahyun’s eyes widened and grabbed her hand, with wristband glowing red. “Stop, someone might see you!” Dahyun hissed at her friend, looking around wide eyed.

 

“No one will see, stop being obvious.” Chaeyoung whispered and rolled her eyes. Dahyun heaved a sigh and continued eating, waving her index finger. “A reminder, Mina. We cannot use our powers outside the allowed areas. These bands will glow red once we use them. If we’ll get caught, we serve a detention for an hour or more.”

 

Mina nodded as if she didn’t know about the bands already. Dahyun and Chaeyoung leaned in and inspected her wrists. “You don’t have yours yet?”

 

She shrugged, Dahyun gasped and muttered. “You know, everyone wears this, even Nayeon, though she got no-”

 

Chaeyoung covered Dahyun’s mouth quickly and grimaced. Mina observed them silently, now intrigued.

 

“Ah, Dahyun. Stop talking nonsense. Haha, she’s crazy, don’t listen to her.”

 

Mina tried to lift the worry on their faces, maybe she could gather information some other time. “So Dahyun, what’s your power?”

 

Dahyun smiled widely and squared her shoulders. “I thought you won’t be asking!”

The pale girl closed her eyes and when she opened it, suddenly, Mina’s vision was doubling.

 

“Hi, Mina.” Dahyun waved beside herself. Mina frowned when she felt someone tap her from behind, only to see Dahyun beaming at her. There were three Dahyuns in their table.

 

Chaeyoung immediately pinched her friend and Dahyun’s replicas disappeared. “Are you crazy?! We are in the caf!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter