YOONGI

Summer Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood in the well beneath the Ford Explorer in my uniform, watching the oil drain while simultaneously doing my best to ignore Hobi, something easier said than done. Hobi had been haranguing me about the previous evening on and off since we'd arrived at work that morning.

"See, you were thinking about this all wrong," Hobi continued, trying yet another tack. He retrieved three cans of oil and set them on the shelf beside him. "There's a difference between hooking up and getting back together."

"Aren't we done with this yet?",

"We would be if you had any sense. But from where I stand, it's obvious you were confused. Rosé doesn't want to get back together with you."

"I wasn't confused," I said. I wiped my hands on a towel. "That's exactly what she was asking."

"That's not what Jennie told me."

I set aside the towel and reached for my water bottle. My dad's shop was specialized in brake repairs, oil changes, tune-ups, and front-end alignments and my dad always wanted the place to look as though the floor had been waxed and the place just open for business. Unfortunately, air-conditioning hadn't been quite as important to him and in the summer, the temperature was somewhere between the Mojave and the Sahara. I took a long drink, finishing the bottle before trying to get through to Hobi again. Hobi was far and away the most stubborn person he'd ever known. The guy could seriously drive me nuts.

"You don't know Rosé the way I do." I sighed. "And besides, it's over and done. I don't know why you keep talking about it."

"You mean aside from the fact that Harry didn't meet Sally last night? Because I'm your friend and I care about you. I want you to enjoy this summer. I want to enjoy this summer. I want to enjoy Jennie."

"So go out with her, then."

"If only it was that easy. See, last night I suggested the same thing. But Rosé was so upset that J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter