JIAE

Summer Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As our car stopped in the porch of our old beach house, Bomin was already out of the car and rushed towards Dad.

"Dad!" 

"Bomin!" Dad shouted back as he crossed the rocky sand that consisted on the yard. 

"You've gotten so big." He said.

"And you've gotten smaller. You're skinny now." Bomin commented as he saw dad.

Dad just hugged Bomin tightly. "I'm glad you're here."

"I am too. Mom and Jiae noona fought the whole time."

"That's no fun."

"It's okay. I ignored them. Except when I egged them on."

Bomin pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "Hey, is this your house?"

"That's it."

"This place is awesome."

I wonder if Bomin was serious. I mean, the house was anything but awesome. The bungalow was easily the oldest property here in Daegu I guessed and sandwhiched between two massive homes that had gone up within the last ten years. The paint was peeling off, the roof was missing numerous shingles and the porch was rotting. 

"You think so?" Dad asked Bomin.

"Hello? It's right on the beach. What else could you want?" Bomin motioned towards the ocean. "Can I go check it out?"

"Sure. But be careful. And stay behind the house. Don't wander off."

"Deal."

Dad just watched Bomin jog off, turning to see mom approaching him. I had to stepped out of the car as well but was still lingering near it.

My mom and dad greeted each other and dad notice me slowly making my wat towards them. Dad cleared his throat. "Hi, sweetie. It's good to see you."

When I didn't answer my mom scowled at me. "Don't be rude. Your father is talking to you. Say something."

I just crossed my arms. "All right, how about this? Im not going to play the piano for you."

"Jiae!" 

"What?" I tossed my head. "I thought I'd get that out of the way early."

Before mom could respond, dad shook his head. "It's okay."

"Yeah, Mom. Its okay." I said and pouncing. "I need to stretch my legs. Im going for a walk."

I didn't wait for their reply as I stomped my feet away from them. I just stroll around this beach and I feel so nostalgic at all. The ten years old Jiae would like to spent her lifetime to this paradise but now, this is the place I want to ignore and forget. 

Im on the middle of the fair right now and its so very crowded. The Daegu Beach Seafood Festival was really crowded at all. As I paid for a soda from one of the concession stands. I could see cars parked bumper to bumper along both roads leading to the pier and even noted a few enterprising teenagers renting out their driveways near the action.

So far, though, the action was boring. I supposed I'd been hoping that the ferris wheel was a permanent fixture and that the pier offered shops and stores. In other words, I hoped it would be the kind of place I could see myself hanging out in the summer. No such luck. The festival was temporarily located in the parking lot at the head of the pier and it most resembled a small county fair. The rickety rides were part of a traveling carnival and the parking lot was lined with overpriced game booths and greasy food concessions. The whole place was kind of... You know... Gross.

Even the place is kinda gross, it was stilled packed. Old and young, familie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter