The Truth

I ESPecially Like you

"Can you stand" Taeyong asks, crouching down to get on the same level as the brunette.

Jaehyun's lying on the sidewalk, slightly leaning against a tall wooden fence. He's prompt up by his hand, which is digging into the hard gravel, the small stones leaving red imprints on his soft flesh. Not that he notices because the adrenaline was beginning to wear off, and the angry wound on his other arm was beginning to make its presence known.

A large bite mark contrasts his pale milky skin. Blood seeps from the fresh tear, trickling down his arm to his shirt. It's not life threatening, but enough to leave a nasty scar once healed.

Pain shoots up his arm, fast and jarring like lightning. He tries to move, but it only makes things worse, provoking yet another flare to ignite. He yelps in anguish, internally cringing at the helpless noise he makes, but the pain is just unbearable.

Jaehyun just shakes his head, unable to form a coherent word, let alone a sentence.

Taeyong leans forward. His slender fingers travel up Jaehyun's arms, circling the unbreached skin around the wound. The foreign contact against his pulsing hot skin is relieving: like taking a cold shower on a summer evening. Jaehyun closes his eyes, unconsciously leaning into the touch.

"You're doing great" the other boy whispers, his tone so reassuring Jaehyun starts to believe it.

His eyes are still shut when he feels this strange tingling sensation. Slowly, he flutters his lids open, only to be greeted by a blinding white light. He winces at the brash intrusion, which helps adjust his vision.

"What are you.." Jaehyun barely chokes out.

The light is coming from Taeyong's hand, which hovers over the wound. It grows more and more intense as Taeyong mutters something under his breath, too quiet and too fast for Jaehyun to comprehend.

As Taeyong's pace quickens, the tingle explodes into this ticklish sensation. At the same time, something weird happens. The blood that pooled from the wound began to rescind, rewind, as each droplet starts to slink back into his body. The same thing happens to the physical tear: the flesh suddenly mends itself together, almost as if no wound existed in the first searing pain dissipates, like fog off a lake, and his body returns to normal.

Taeyong lifts his head, looking at Jaehyun expectantly. His brown orbs burn right into the brunette , as if he's looking right through him. He parts his lips, as if he's about to say something, before Jaehyun cuts him off.

"I-I-I" Jaehyun stutters, struggling to find the right words, or any, "What just, did you, uh". His mind blanks, completely overwhelmed by what he's just witnessed. Did Taeyong just heal him?

The question echoes in his head, and he fights to spit them out. But all he can afford is a bewildered, "What the ."

Taeyong's eyes widen, surprised at the boy's response. Then, he lets out a tiny scoff, which transpires into a hearty chuckle, before settling into a full on laugh: knee slaps and head swaying included.

"Oh my god" Taeyong says, bringing his hand to wipe the corners of his eyes, "I can't believe you. Well spoken kid, very eloquent."

"Well-" Jaehyun starts, trying to think of a defensive retort.

Taeyong stands up, before stretching his back, purring a little as his bones make a satisfying pop. "Don't worry, I'll explain everything" He reassures, offering his hand to Jaehyun, who is still sprawled on the floor.

A million questions fly through his mind. He's impatient and wants them all answered now. Who are you? What are you? What did you just do to me? What do you mean explain?He doesn't voice any of this, instead he takes Taeyong's hand, appreciative of the extra force helping him up.

Instantly he notices that Taeyong is short. Well maybe not, but standing next to him, there's a decent gap between the two. Jaehyun can see the top of the redhead's hair, which is springing all over the place, disheveled by the recent combat.

"Cute" He notes to himself.

Or so he thought.

"Huh?" Taeyong eyes him curiously, eyes widening at the little outburst.

Jaehyun curses himself, this time internally, as he tries to cover up his slip. "What? I didn't say anything."

Taeyong snorts, but thankfully he lets it go. "Sure you didn't."


Taeyong decides to walk him home, promising to reveal everything once they're inside. The journey back was, generously put, awkward. Both said nothing, instead swinging their lanky teenage arms around, trying to ignore the tense silence.

They're about to enter the front door, when Jaehyun realizes he had forgotten to buy the sauce. The whole reason for his venture, the whole reason he was caught in that escapade, unfulfilled. And now, when he enters, he'll undoubtedly have to face the wrath of his angry, sauceless, mother.

His hand, that was beginning to turn the knob, suddenly retracts. "Um" He begins, shooting Taeyong a forced grimace, "Maybe we should go in another way."

The elder raises an eyebrow, a little confused by the sudden change in plans. "Why not the front door?"

"Not a good idea" he says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Then how are we going to get in?"

Jaehyun blinks, unsure about what to do next. "We can climb up the window?"

"Well that sounds like a worse idea" Taeyong replies, reaching over to grab Jaehyun's by the sudden action, Jaehyun tries to tug free, but the redhead's grip is strong.

"Your hand-" He trails, but Taeyong cuts him off by pressing a finger to his lips.

"Here's a better one" The boy says, lips furling into a smile.

Suddenly his vision warps, the environment around him fading into hazy shapes that swirl around, too animated for an inanimate building. Jaehyun blinks, trying to clear the distortion, but when he opens his eyes, he's not on the front doorstep anymore, but in his room.

"Told you" Taeyong's voice snaps him out of his confused daze.

Jaehyun flashes the redhead a bewildered stare, but Taeyong, who's already on his bed, sitting cross legged, gestures towards his desk chair, beckoning him to sit.

Hesitantly, he follows, ignoring the creak it makes when he rests his weight. "Can I ask you some questions?" he asks, leaning a little forward, eager for a reply.

Taeyong nods, "Anything you want."


Jaehyun's suspicions are confirmed. Taeyong is indeed a psychic, though he doesn't call himself one.

"Just some guy with superpowers" the redhead stated.

He learns that Taeyong has a surprisingly strong sense of night of their first encounter, the elder was performing an exorcism on an evil spirit. Apparently, it had been "terrorizing" the neighborhood for a while: causing people to trip, wilting flowers, unleashing other such variations of classic juvenile pranks.

Jaehyun finds them kinda funny, and when he mentions this to the redhead, he instantly regrets it.

"It's not though" Taeyong frowns, his eyebrows scrunching together, "These are innocent people who don't deserve to have their lives messed with by some ty ghost."

"You wouldn't want to be put in that situation" the elder continues, nose turned in distaste.

Jaehyun feels guilty for even commenting. Taeyong is right, this isn't some lighthearted joke, but real people and real stakes at large.

He also learns the breadth of Taeyong's powers. Aparently, his range of abilities is ing huge. Telekenisis, teleportation (which is how they got into the room), super strength, exorcism, spiritual awareness, astral projection, and other large, fancy words he has no idea how to pronounce.

"Wow you're OP" he gasps, a little taken back how all these powers fit in the 175cm man infront of him.

"Not really" Taeyong shrugs, nonchalantly, "There's still stuff I can't do"

"And that is?" Jaehyun swirls around in the chair, his foot tapping anxiously as he awaits an answer.

Taeyong blinks. "Why should I tell you that?"

Jaehyun groans, internally praying this doesn't end their conversation. This whole ordeal, though terrifying, has been the biggest splash of inspiration since he rewatched Supernatural. Dean and Sam hold to Taeyong.

"Okay" he trails, a bit hesitant if he should follow through, He fumbles with a strand on his hair, before he spots the pile of papers resting in the corner of his desk.

His comic.

His story.

There's a reason, a good one that is, why Jaehyun doesn't really talk about his comic. For one, though he enjoys creating it, he suffers from overwhelming self doubt and lack of confidence to show others. Secondly, he wanted to wait to finish it and show his mom, proving to her that art was something he could pursue and commit too.

Though the plan's changed now.

"The truth is I'm writting a comic." He begins, noting as Taeyong his head curiously, "And it's about a boy. A boy with superpowers. A boy who can fight monsters."

Taeyong nods, trying to process the newfound information, before shedding a gentle smile. "So basically me?" he supplies.

"Yea" Jaehyun suddenly feels a bit shy. The secret that he's been holding in for so long was finally out. It felt good for someone to aknowledge his creation's existence, but at the same time he feels fear. Fear that Taeyong's going to tell him his idea is as cliche as it can get, roast him about the plot, or accuse him of being lame.

But thankfully, he gets none of those reactions.

"Cool."

Jaehyun shoulder's droop in relief. "Cool?" he repeats, hesitant if he heard correctly.

Taeyong stands up, walks towards the desk, closing the proximity between the two. "Cool." he begins, resolution entrenched in his comment. "I think its a great idea."

His eyes trail over to the pile of papers, the beginning framework of his future book. "Is that it?" Taeyong asks, directing his head in it's direction.

Jaehyun nods, before instinctively reaching over to grab it, and promptly stuff it into his desk. "It's not that good" he rambles, the words rolling endlessly, "And I'm not done, so I don't think you should read this trash-"

Taeyong reaches over and rests his hand on Jaehyun's. "It's okay" he smiles, running his thumb over the back of Jaehyun's palm. "You don't have to show me unless you want to."

"Thanks" he replies, a blush creeping on his face from the gentle gesture.

The red head slinks back to the bed, bouncing a little on the soft mattress, running his fingers across his duvet. "I have an idea."

Jaehyun tilts his head. "What is it?"

"So about your book" The read head begins, plucking one of his plushies from their resting position. "Why don't you use me for inspiration."

"Huh?" Jaehyun gasps, shocked at the proposal.

"It's easy. You can hang with me afterschool and watch me do my-" He pauses to wave his hands around grandly, "-psychic stuff or whatever you call it."

Jaehyun gulps, because this seems more than perfect.

"Sure!" He exclaims, nodding way too eager. But at this point, he doesn't care, too overloaded with excitement to even notice Taeyong smile at him softly.

"Tomorrow?" he inquires.

Taeyong chuckles. "I'm free everyday."

"Me too"

"Sounds like a plan" Taeyong replies as he puts the plushie back from it's retrieved spot. "It's getting late I should go now.

Jaehyun, a little sad to see the elder go, offers him a tiny wave. "See you tomorrow."

The elder waves back. "See you then"

Then he dissapears.

The room feels oddly empty without a second presence, but there are still traces of the boy lingering in his room. For instance, the slight dip in his bed from where Taeyong had been sitting, or the slightly off positioning of the plushie.

Jaehyun sighs, turning his chair away to face his desk directly. It's weird to say, but he kind of misses him, or whatever word describes what he's feeling right now. His heart is papillating, beating a few decibels louder than usual, while a squirmish tickles arises in his stomach.

Needing a distraction from the strange sensation, Jaehyun reaches in his desk to pull out his sketchbook and a handful of 2B's. He tears open the weathered spine, flips through the stained paper, before arriving at a crisp page. With a swift and experienced movement, he begins to sketch the subject in mind. Beginning with a sharp jawline and ending with a slit eyebrow.

As he works on hatching the nose highlight, he hears an angry shout call out his name from downstairs.

It's his mom.

"Where is the sauce you idiot"