Hi Jaehyun

I ESPecially Like you

Here's what he knows about Lee Taeyong. He likes strawberry milk a lot; actually, come to think of it, Jaehyun's never seen him without the beverage. He's apparently good at math, since their teacher keeps pestering him to ask Taeyong for tutoring. But Jaehyun doesn't because, honestly, and arriving at the third and final fact: He's really intimidating.

It's hard to describe Taeyong's visuals; because his look is so unique, a perfect balance between soft and hard. His face narrows into a sharp V, making his jawline appear quite prominent. His eyebrows are thick, slightly arc downwards, topped with a narrow slit at the tail. But what really adds that edge to his appearance, is his bold red hair; It's an even mixture of fire truck red and wine, not too bright but not too faded.

Jaehyun admires the choice, it's eye catching and flamboyant. But sadly, in their traditional Korean school, it's not at all welcomed. At the start of the school year, the principal had delivered a long speech warning students to maintain a sophisticated image. "You must appear respectable at all times" she claimed. In actuality, the school just wants to uphold that prestigious, monotonous, image to the public. SO when Taeyong showed a couple weeks later, as a new red head, the teachers had a field day. It's probably then Taeyong caught the reputation as a "rebel".

What really solidified the boy as intimidating, was his cold demeanor. Taeyong is quiet, really quiet. He only talks when he absolutely has to, but never goes out of his way to interact with others. At lunch, he puts on his headphones, and slinks into an empty corner of the cafeteria. Others have tried to approach him, mostly girls who find him attractive, but every time the challenger returns despondent. Maybe it's because of this abstract impression he has of Taeyong, that Jaehyun never bothers to befriend him, or talk to him really.

It's ironic because right now Jaehyun's itching to do just that. For the sake of his sanity, he needs to verify what went down the other day. He ended up walking home in a trance, the fresh memories of the battle looping through his mind. It was all he could focus on, which causes him to trip on air multiple times.

That night, Jaehyun powered through hours of googling to semi-confidently arrive at the conclusion that Taeyong is a psychic. Its odd, eccentric almost. Yet out of all the possible explanations, surprisingly, this seems the most accurate. That weird hand thing he was doing, according to , it was telekinesis. Suddenly disappearing after their encounter, teleportation.

While this newfound information answered a lot of questions, it also opened room for more curiosity. What else could Taeyong do? What was he doing in the alleyway? What happened to the creature?

Somewhere in the middle of all this, Jaehyun finds himself wanting to believe. For the past year, he'd been working on a comic about, surprise, supernatural abilities. His imagination's bit a bit dry the past month, making it difficult for him to continue drawing without getting frustrated and giving up. Selfish, he knows, but this newfound discovery could change everything. This could be the solution to his problems. This could fix his story.

Unfortunately, the redhead had been absent for three days ongoing. Jaehyun's beginning to lose hope he'd ever find out the truth.


"Hey hyung"

Jaehyun rests his head on the hard, wood, surface. He was currently in the student council room, forced into, again, hours of paperwork filing. Well that's not fully the truth. For starters, he had given up on the task at hand around 30 minutes ago, instead opting to fiddle with his phone, researching more on psychic abilities. Secondly, he didn't actually resist when Doyoung had cornered him into staying after school. He had some thing's he wanted to ask the elder.

"What" Doyoung replies, a little disgruntled as he reaches for another stack of paper. He gives the younger a dirty glare, before leaning forward and slapping Jaehyun's head, jolting the brunette from his resting position. "You little . Stop slacking off and finish your pile" Doyoung nudges his head at the pile stacked in front of Jaehyun, which seems like nothing compared to the mountain the older was working through.

"This is abuse" Jaehyun complains, nonetheless picking up the papers, mechanically sorting them into different categories. "I'm pretty sure you're violating numerous labor laws right now."

Doyoung rolls his eyes. "You're such a drama queen."

"I demand minimum wage"

"I demand you to finish your pile"

Jaehyun widens his eyes and pouts his lip. "At least pay me in boba"

He watches as Doyoung's eyes narrow in contemplation. The elder hesitates for a couple seconds before releasing a deep sigh and a reluctant concession: "Fine okay." Jaehyun lets out a victorious cheer, earning him another sigh.

"Anything else?"

Oh right, he was going to ask something. "Do you know Lee Taeyong? You know the guy with crazy hair, in your grade, kinda cold."

Doyoung purses his lips, as if he biting back something. "What about him?" It comes out a little sharp, even though there's a forced nonchalance to his voice. It doesn't go unnoticed to Jaehyun.

Suddenly he feels a little awkward; He has no idea where this conversation is going because he can't really ask 'Does Taeyong have super powers of something because I saw him fighting this weird looking demon a few days ago', without seeming bat crazy.

"Uh, it's not much but I was wondering if you know him. He seems really,nice. Sort of. I don't know." Jaehyun rubs the back of his neck anxiously. Words spill out of his mouth like a waterfall, too quick for him to process what he's saying. "He's really good looking and I was curious why he's always alone."

Doyoung's tense grimace trickles away, as a smug expression takes over. His lips furl into a knowing smirk, as a mischievous glint lights up his eyes. "I see how it is", the elder leans back in his hair, fingers drumming against the desk. "You have a crush."

Jaehyun's jaw drops. How exactly did Doyoung arrive at this conclusion is beyond him. He's about to reject the absurd assertion when he realizes it's a better explanation for his sudden interest in the red head. Well, at least more practical than mentioning creepy creatures with human hands sticking from the side, so he rolls with it. "I guess."

Though he's lying, the confession makes him blush. A warm tingle spreads across his cheeks, causing Doyoung to snicker. "Nice taste Jae. Sure he's hot, but I'd forget it if I were you. Taeyong's kind of bad news."

This piques Jaehyun's interest. "Really why?"

"Well" Doyoung hesitates, "I feel bad about gossiping, but there's this rumor going around that he's involved.." The elder leans forward, cusping a hand to his mouth, before whispering "with gangs."

Jaehyun straightens his back. Not what he was expecting, but at the same time it doesn't seem too far off. Taeyong's attitude didn't help his case, and he definitely looked the part (No thanks to the eyebrow slit). As Doyoung returns to attending the papers, Jaehyun tries to piece together the new information. A gang.. And psychic abilities? He's not sure how it all fits.

Taeyong is just so complicated.


It's 9pm when Jaehyun's mom sends him to the convenience store to pick up some cleaning supplies. Apparently buying Gochujang sauce is more important than finishing his homework.

"If I fail the test, it's because of you" He calls out before exiting his home.

He trudges through the streets, almost empty if not for the cars that occasionally streamed through. The old sidewalk light, in desperate need of repair, flickers dauntingly, threatening to cut out the only thing guiding him through the dark. Jaehyun crosses his fingers, hoping everything goes smoothly, because the last thing he needs is that. But, just his luck, suddenly the light falters, abandoning his vision to black.

"Well " Jaehyun curses, angrily kicking a loose pebble lying on the ground. He waits for the expected clash of the rock hitting the ground, before it bounces several times until stillness. However, it never comes. He's greeted by silence.

Or so he thinks, because seconds later he hears an angry, reverberating, growl. Did he hit someone? He turns his head to the direction of the noise, slowly trailing his eyes upwards, until he's face to face with it. He didn't hit someone, he hit something.

In front of him is a humongous wolf, almost three times taller than him, and fours times as wide. It's not an ordinary animal though: resting directly on its forehead, is a third eye. It's twitching, sporadically bouncing back and forth, manic . The creature's teeth are barred: fangs sharpened and ready to bite, saliva dripping endlessly. It's back is arched, claws unsheathed, perfectly positioned to pounce.

Jaehyun barely has time to react when the wolf leaps at him. It bites his arm, not so hard it rips off, but enough to permeate his skin, causing blood to ooze from an angry wound. Still holding onto him, the creature swings it's jaw and releases, flinging Jaehyun onto the ground.

His body thuds into the hard concrete, causing a jarring pain to spread across his back. Instinctively, tears form in the corners of his eyes, adding a blurry lens to his tries to prompt himself up, but his limbs are starting to feel heavy, no matter how much energy he summons, it doesn't work. As a last effort, he begins to inch away, like a worm, a futile attempt at escape. The wolf begins to stalk closer and closer, until Jaehyun can literally see the individual droplets of spit trickle down it's teeth.

"I'm going to die aren't I" he chokes out between violent breaths. Jaehyun forces his eyes shut, cutting off his sight of the horrendous creature. If he's about to be mauled to death, he's rather not see it happen.

The wolf snarls again. Because of the proximity, it ripples powerful vibrations against his skin.

This was it.

He'd never get to finish his story.

He'd never get to say goodbye to Doyoung.

He'd never get to the truth about Taeyong.

He clenches his fist, vision still sealed, as he waits for impending death.

But it never comes.

Moments pass, long enough for Jaehyun to realize something was wrong. He's still alive! But why? Hesitantly he opens his eyes.

Instead of the wolf, standing there, back turned, is a boy wearing a red jacket. His hood is down, revealing matching red hair: It's an even mixture of fire truck red and wine, not too bright but not too faded.

"T-Taeyong?" He softly croaks, unsure if his mind is playing tricks on him.

The boy turns around.

Brown eyes meet his.

"Hi Jaehyun."