TWO.

Pick Up The Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday came and Eunbi was already at her office by 6:40 AM. She barely had any sleep as her excitement kept her awake for the whole night. When her alarm took off, she immediately went off her bed and prepared.

 

She scheduled the interview for the applicants at 7:30 AM so she still have plenty of 'me' time. She spent the last 20 minutes fixing the figurines and frames into place, even when they are obviously fine before she touched them.

 

7 AM came and she suddenly heard a knock.

 

But it's still too early for an interview.

 

Eunbi thought it might be one of the applicants who wants to make an impression and come earlier than the scheduled time to make her believe that they are punctual.

 

As if I would buy it.

 

But the person was rather familiar. She had grown accustomed to the person's face as she get a glimpse of her from time to time for the past few days though they were not able to strike a proper conversation as Eunbi is too busy designing her office.

 

"Hello, I'm Kang Hyewon. I'm the owner of the cafe next to your office and I just ought I should drop by and say hello to my new neighbor."

 

The woman gives off this friendly aura and Eunbi immediately felt at ease. She is rather pretty, the type to turn heads when she walks in the crowd. She could've passed as a model instead of a cafe owner but who is she to question other people's choice of field.

 

Eunbi held her hand.

 

"I'm Kwon Eunbi. Pleased to meet you."

 

The woman took it.

 

"Would you mind if I come in?"

 

Eunbi hesitated. But only for a short while.

 

I still have half an hour, anyway.

 

"Not at all. Please make yourself at home," she opened the door wider and allowed the woman to make her way in.

 

"You can sit in the sofa, please give me a minute or two to fix you something to drink," Eunbi was ready to head to her mini-kitchen but halted when Hyewon spoke.

 

"Please do not bother. I'm actually full."

 

The older woman nodded and occupied the other side of the sofa. There was a short, awkward silence between the two and the visitor might've sensed that.

 

"So, you're a psychologist, huh?"

 

It was a cliché start to a conversation but Kwon Eunbi had to admit it was the only way to break the ice.

 

"Yes."
"For how long?"
"Excuse me?"
"How long have you been a psychologist?"
"For over a year now. I practiced with my mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter