THREE.

Pick Up The Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Promising, my .

 

Eunbi brushed her palms on her face and let out an exasperated sigh.  It's already 12 in the afternoon and she already interviewed at least 15 applicants.

 

But she still haven't picked a potential candidate. 

 

They all look the same to her. None of them is what she is looking for.

 

What exactly am I looking for, anyway?

 

She doesn't know. She is not certain on what qualities should her secretary possess.  But out of all the applicants she met today, she didn't feel a connection with at least one of them. They all answered her questions in an obviously rehearsed manner.

 

She doesn't like that. She wants them to keep it real, no pretensions, no good exterior show. She would rather have someone that she knows is problematic than someone whose tails and horns are hidden.

 

And then she heard a knock and the door clicked open.

 

"You said I should make myself feel at home so here I am," Hyewon came in and in her hand is what seemed to be a smoothie.

 

She put the smoothie in her table.

 

"Your office screams yellow so I just ought you might like mangoes."

 

Eunbi lets out  soft laugh. She likes Hyewon already.

 

"Are you kidding me? I don't like mangoes, I love them."

 

"Try it," Hyewon urged her.

 

Of course, they always like to hear feedbacks from consumers.

 

The older woman doesn't like to offend Hyewon though she doesn't have the appetite for anything so she took a sip. 

 

She's glad she did. 

 

"Well?" Hyewon is anticipating.

 

"How much do I have to pay for this heavenly goodness?"

 

Hyewon chuckled.

 

"I should be giving it for free, but business people will always be business people. You can pay me with a meal."
"But a meal costs more than what this-"
"The bill's on me."

 

Eunbi is obviously confused.

 

"It's my treat, Miss Kwon."
"But-"
"You've been working your for hours now and you seem to forget you still have a stomach to feed. We don't want our stomach creatures to riot, do we?"

 

She got a good place to practice her profession, and now she have a good neighbor, too.

 

What more can I ask?

 

"I'll let you have this one, Hyewon. But next time, it'll be on me."

 

"All the next times will be on you," the younger said while grinning. "Come, I'll take you to Yena's restaurant."

 

"Who is Yena?"
"You'll see."

 

---

 

Yena is a jolly fellow who has her lips always pursed into a pout which reminds her of a duck. She was quick to meet them the moment they entered the restaurant. 

 

The restaurant is a drive away from their building. It is filled with colors, the type to relax a starved fella when they're in.

 

"Kwangbae!" Yena greeted when she noticed the two came in. It was rather loud and it snatched the attention o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter