SIX

Starry Night

Bambam:

Not a lot had progressed ever since I had started tutouring Yugyeom and if I was being honest, that fact of nothing in our relationship moving on made me extremely frustrated. It almost hurt my eyes when he smiled at me across the room, his white teeth gleaming perfectly while I was left a blushing mess in the back of the class, eyes cast low. And not to mention, the winks he would sometimes send me that drove me absolutely insane during Lunch: I didn't know if he was teasing or if he was actually flirting with me.

Jungkook told me — Taehyung nodding along, although his opinion doesn't really count because he would just pine after Jungkook anyways — he told me that Yugyeom was actually being serious in his acts of shameless flirting. I hadn't believed him back then and wouldn't now, even when Jimin shook me and jerked his head in Yugyeom's direction.

"He's staring at you again." Jimin hissed, before fanning himself lightly with his small hand, eyes adverting to the table. "Imagine if Yoongi flirted with me like that in public while everyone was looking: I'd go bloody insane, Bammie, insane!" He exclaimed, a light blush spreading across his chubby cheeks at the mere thought of Yoongi flirting with him. I snorted.

"You go pratically insane when he's standing in the same room as you." I stated and Jimin paused before nodding along to what I said, enthusiastically.

Jungkook and Taehyung sauntered into the room, the teacher saying something about being late, but Taehyung ignored her while Jungkook bowed and said his apologies. People began to whisper because they were holding hands in front of the whole class without a care in the world. In the beginning, Jungkook had been hesitant on coming out to not only the whole school, but his other friends outside our group, but Taehyung had managed to convince him: slowly easing him out of his comfort zone instead of just shoving him.

I always admired Taehyung for being so patient with Jungkook about their relationship — if it was me and Yugyeom out on the line, I would've staked my claim on him the moment we got into school the next day. But, Taehyung waited and that was really admirable.

"They're not your friends if they don't accept you for who you are, angel." Taehyung had comforted Jungkook when he had come to the table at Lunch, frantic and panicking; too anxious about the outing of their relationship to think straight. "I love you and they will too; no matter if you're gay or straight. You always have me and the others by your side, Kookie." Taehyung had told him, nuzzlong affectionately into his neck. It had been cute and the atmosphere had gotten warm and sappy real fast, so we decided to leave the couple for their lovey dovey sessions they would fall into once awhile.

I'm glad we did, because when I came back to get my phone that I had left on the table, they were aggressively making out, hands sliding down each other like they were both made of water. It was lucky that it was in the library Jimin had in his house. Jimin's parents were really rich and really into reading, okay?

"So," The present Jungkook said, sitting down, Taehyung following him, kissing his knuckles, lips lingering in the same space for quite some time. "I heard that there was going to be a slumber party round Hobi's house. Is it true?" He asked, brown doe eyes widening with exciting and Jimin tsked, smile becoming evident when he did so.

"Of course, Maknae. Of course there is going to be a sleepover at Hobi's. And a huge one by that!" Jimin exclaimed and the teacher shushed him, making him apologise with a guilty look. Yugyeom looked between us from the seat across the room before he got up, abandoning his other friends who complained quietly and slipped into the seat next to me. I blushed slightly.

"I heard there was a sleepover around Hobi's." He muttered and Jimin grinned just like Jungkook did, both getting way to hyped up for the first lesson on a Friday night. It just wasn't human!

"Yes, Hobi told me that he was planning it! He told me to invite you all guys and said to go to your houses, get your stuff in a backpack or something and then come to his house. He said he would have everything sorted after that!" Jimin explained, cheerily. Yugyeom smiled and if the teacher noticed that he had switched seats, she didn't say anything which I thought was kind of unfair. She shouts at Tae and Jungkook, but not Yugyeom? Just because I like — I mean, um, just because Yugyeom is important to me, doesn't mean he should be treated differently.

"I'll be there." Yugyeom said before winking at me, cheekily. I ignored him and he began pouting, his lower lip juttering out: he was trying to guilt trip me I realised. I turned around fully, folding my arms, so that even if I looked in the corner of my eyes around the room, I wouldn't see Yugyeom.

~~~~~

"Bambam!" Hobi cried, embracing me tightly and shaking me around slightly, smiling widely. He really did look like the sun and I always wondered how he was able to keep a decent enough looking smile on his face without it seeming to be fake. No one could be happy that many hours of the day.

"Hey, Hobi." I replied, cheerily — he had gotten me into a good mood as soon as I walked through the door. Maybe that was his plan the whole time and if it was, it was surely working. "Is anyone else here?" I asked, taking off my coat and hanging it on the rack before glancing into the hallway. There was no sound: just silence.

"Actually ... you're kind of the last one, Bammie." Hobi teased and my mouth dropped open as he led me up the stairs. "To be honest, even I'm surprised that they're so quite." Hobi stated as we arrived at the door, Hobi shoving it open. Inside, they were all sat in a circle with a bottle between them, patient. When they saw me, they all perked up and then they were all talking loudly, filling up the awkward silence in the room. I smiled softly at them all, shyly waving before sitting inbetween Jimin and Jungkook — I saw Yugyeom's face drop, but tried to ignore it.

"So, we were planning on playing Truth Spin The Bottle." Jungkook said, head resting on Taehyung's shoulder, their fingers intertwined. I narrowed my eyes at Jimin.

"Was this your idea?" I demanded and Jimin held his hands up with a laugh.

"Maybe." He said, smiling, eyes forming into crescents. "But, it's not as bad as you think. Normally when you spin the bottle, you kiss the person on the other end, right?" Jimin asked, lowering his hands and I nodded.

"But, this game is like Truth Or Dare, except it's only truth. I didn't want to make people uncomfortable ... that uncomfortable and plus not all of us are well acquainted with others, so I thought it was a nice way to connect, you know?" Jimin said, folding his legs beneath him. I sighed.

"Fine ..." I trailed off. "Who's going first?" I asked and me and Jimin shared a look before he reached out eagerly and spun the bottle. It spun and spun.

"When is this ing thing going to stop?" Jimin muttered. The bottle slowed, spinning around once more before landing on Youngjae. Youngjae gulped while Jimin grinned, slyly. "So, Youngjae, I heard that you got a job!" Jimin said and then the sly facade slipped and he smiled warmly. "Is there anything you want to gain with this job?" He asked and Youngjae immediately relaxed.

"Actually, yes." Youngjae said with a smile. "Two things, actually. The first one is that this helps me with my college application because of the business I have is really, really popular and my manager says I'm a real asset to the team. And ... um, also there's this really cute guy that comes to the store everyday." Youngjae muttered and Jimin cooed, leaning forward.

"So, you like him?" He asked, squishing his face between his hands and Youngjae looked at him with a sheepish smile.

"Kinda." He murmured and then he was slightly coughing into his hand in awkwardness and embarrassment when Jimin squealed and almost flung himself backwards into the wall. The others looked at him in concern while me and Taehyung laughed at him.

"My turn." Youngjae said to keep the attention away from him as he spun the bottle. It landed on Yoongi.

"Ah," Yoongi muttered, rubbing the back of his neck, sheepishly.

"Hyung." Youngjae said, sweetly. "Is there anyone here that you find attractive?" Youngjae questioned and Jimin leaned forward slightly. Yoongi glanced around and his eyes momentarily lingered on Jimin for a moment and I smirked.

"Uh, yeah." Yoongi said, blushing lightly. "No asking who it is!" Yoongi snapped when someone opened their mouth to no doubt ask the same question. Yoongi pursed his lips and spun the bottle. It landed on Jungkook.

"I ... what's the happiest moment in your life so far?" Yoongi said and Jungkook smiled, leaning back into Taehyung. They had some how shifted their positions so that Jungkook was leaning back against Taehyung's chest, his arms wrapped around Jungkook's middle.

"Easy. The day me and Taehyung decided to start a family and adopt Cian." Jungkook said and Taehyung smiled, burying his face in the back of Jungkook's neck, nuzzling him softly.

"Aww." Jimin cooed, reaching across me to hit Jungkook and nudge Taehyung. "You two are all grown up!" He said, loudly and I laughed at him, shoving him back down into his seat.

"Shut it, midget." I said and then looked at Jungkook. "Your turn." I said and Jungkook nodded, spinning the bottle. "You know if it lands on someone that I hold a grudge against — like Jimin for instance —" Jimin grumbled to himself as the bottle continued to spin. "Then I'm going to make sure to ... Oh my God ..." I trailed off as the bottle stopped right in front of me.

"Haha, what was that about holding grudges?" Jungkook teased, and I stuck my tongue out at him. "So, Bammie, who out of us would you want to kiss the most?" Jungkook asked and I glared at him before looking around the room.

"Be truthful." Jimin said and I glared at him making him smirk and raise an eyebrow at me. I considered lying and saying someone else, but I decided against it and just decided to say who I actually wanted to kiss.

"Yugyeom." I muttered, quietly.

"What was that?" Jimin asked and I sighed.

"Yugyeom." I said, raising my voice and his eyes widened, pointing to himself and I nodded. "Yes, you!" I exclaimed and then he was blushing and smiling widely.

"Look at that huge smile!" Jinyoung shouted and I blushed too, hiding my face in my hands. 

"Shut it." I murmured before reaching forward and spinning the bottle, eyes wandering around the room. It landed on Yugyeom. Jinyoung smirked.

"What a coincidence." He said and the others snickered. I curled in upon myself and thought for a moment, staring at the ground. Then I sighed.

"I don't know: someone else think of a question." I said and Jimin perked up, smiling.

"Alright, Yugyeom. Who wouldn't you mind waking up to everyday?" Jimin asked and Yugyeom blushed, lowering his gaze to the floor.

"Bambam." He said. There was a huge silence as I stared at Yugyeom and then he looked up, sensing the eyes on him and he smiled sheepishly. Jinyoung flung himself forward, spinning the bottle.

"My turn." Jinyoung quickly said and Yugyeom opened his mouth to retort. "Shush, I've already spun; you were too busy ogling Bambam and vice versa." Jinyoung said and we both blushed. The bottle spun and somehow landed on Yugyeom again.

"Wow, what a lucky day, huh, Yug?" Jimin teased and Yugyeom glared at him. Jinyoung and Jimin really were like cheeky, sly siblings.

"So, Yug, who's the most attractive here?" Jinyoung asked and Yugyeom glanced around, eyes falling directly on me. I couldn't tear my gaze away. Everyone was silent, waiting.

"Bambam." He said and Jimin gased, sighing contentedly before promptly falling over and clutching his chest.

"So cute! I think I'm going to die of feels!" Jimin exclaimed and I laughed, shoving him away, embarrassed as Yugyeom continued to stare at me.

"L-Let's just carry on." I stuttered and Yugyeom smiled, nodding in agreement. With that, the others carried on the game, me and Yugyeom occasionally sharing shy glances and smiles.

~~~~~

"Bambam?" Yugyeom whispered when we were all sprawled across the floor, most of the others sleeping. Only me and Yugyeom were awake. After the game of Truth Spin The Bottle, we had watched a few movies and Mrs Jung had brought up a huge buffet for us to eat. It was amazing and really delicious!

"Yugyeom, why are you awake?" I murmured, watching Yugyeom wiggled across the room from where he was sleeping.

"It's too cold, Bammie." He muttered. "Can I sleep with you?" He asked and I almost choked on my own spit. It was silent as Yugyeom waited for an answer. "Bambam?" Yugyeom asked when I didn't answer.

"Yeah?" I hissed back and he sighed.

"Are you going to answer my question?" He asked and I nodded, then remembered he couldn't see me in the dark from across the room. 

"Hurry up and get in before someone wakes up then." I relented, opening the covers and waiting until Yugyeom slipped in, snuggling up to me, his long limbs tangling with mine.

"Bambam?" He whispered and I hummed, shivering when I felt his warm breath fan against my collarbone. My hand made its way to his hair, fingers carding through the soft strands. He sighed in delight. "Do you really want to kiss me?" He asked and I froze.

"I ..." I trailed off when Yugyeom shrugged.

"It's okay if you were lying." Yugyeom reassured, but I could hear the hurt and disappointment in his voice. I unfroze, carrying on carding my fingers through his hair as I hummed.

"I wasn't lying, Yuggie." I said and I felt him smile against me, snuggling closer, his lips brushing against my neck. I bit my lip.

"Then, you wouldn't mind kissing me now, right?" Yugyeom whispered, shifting slightly until I could see his body hovering over me in the dark, his body almost like a shadow.

"N-No ..." I muttered, softly and then Yugyeom connected his lips with mine, his hands coming up to caress my cheek. His lips were soft while mine were cracked; I knew this fact as I saw it whenever I looked in the mirror. His tongue prodded against my mouth and I parted my lips, letting him slip his tongue into the kiss. The whole experience was slow and sweet, simple yet mind-blowing. My fingers tangled in Yugyeom's hair pulling him closer until he was on top of me, hands running down my sides. He suddenly pulled away, panting quietly.

"I-I'm sorry." He whispered. He sniffled and then I felt water drip onto my face. He was crying I realised in horror and I tugged him closer as I embraced him in a hug, the blanket crinkling.

"Yuggie, don't cry." I said. "Don't cry, baby." I murmured and Yugyeom sniffled some more, burying his face into my chest.

"I shouldn't have done t-that, B-Bammie. I d-don't want to ruin our friendship. I don't want to h-hurt you: I d-don't want to hurt u-us." He stuttered and I shushed him.

"You would never hurt me, Yuggie." I murmured. "And how do you know that I wouldn't want to have a relationship with you over a friendship?" I asked and he froze.

"S-So, y-you like me t-then?" He questioned, softly and I smiled, kissing the crown of his head as he wiggled slightly against me. His legs tangled with mine again.

"Isn't it obvious?" I whispered and he chuckled slightly.

"Not really, no." He said. "I thought that my flirting was obvious though." He told me and I clicked my tongue.

"It was baby." I said and he jerked up; I could see his eyes glittering in the dark as he stared at me.

"What?" He muttered and I smiled, my hands cupping his cheeks, thumb running along his lower lip.

"I just confessed to you, Yuggie. Do you think I'm not going to use a pet name for you now?" I demanded and Yugyeom smiled.

"I — I guess not." He said. "So, does that mean that I can kiss you whenever I want?" He asked and I nodded.

"Of course." I said and he surged forward, connecting out lips again in a rough kiss, teeth tugging at my lower lip. I moaned quietly as my fingers made their way to his shoulder, sliding to the back of his head and I the hair on the nape of his neck. I felt him shiver as his hands freely roamed my body and I wrapped my legs around his waist, dragging him closer. His nose bumped against mine when we pulled away, both of us gasping for breath.

"Bambam ... be ... mine?" He panted and I smiled, nodding as our foreheads rested against each others.

"Y-Yes. B-But, don't tell the others." I murmured and Yugyeom tilted his head to the side, still trying to regain his normal breathing pattern.

"W-Why?" He asked and I smirked.

"I wanna see how long it takes them to figure it out." I said and he pecked my lips before settling himself back onto me, arms around my waist and face buried in the crook of my neck.

"Okay." He muttered, sleepily and I smiled softly, running my fingers through his hair.

"Sleep, baby." I whispered and I felt him nod against me and then his breathing turned shallow as he faded into unconsciousness. "I love you, Yuggie." I murmured, kissing the crown of his head before falling into a deep slumber.

~~~~~

"Wake up love birds!" Hobi screamed and I groaned, covering my eyes with my hands, looking around, groggily. I felt a warm body on mine and everything from yesterday rushed back to me and I couldn't help, but smile. Yugyeom was finally mine and I was finally his.

"Yugyeom, wake up." I muttered, shaking his body until he was groaning and rolling over. He blinked at me sleepily.

"Bambam?" He asked and I nodded. His face brightened, smile turning huge. "Bambam!" He exclaimed and I chuckled.

"Come on, sleepy head." I said. "Let's go and get some breakfast to eat." I said, waiting for the others to get up and walk out of the room. Yugyeom got up and when everyone was gone and I could no longer hear their footsteps, I scrambled to my feet and jumped onto Yugyeom, kissing him on the mouth quickly. "Morning, baby." I whispered and Yugyeom grinned.

"Morning, angel." He said back and I smiled, turning pink.

"Yugyeom! Bambam!" Jimin shouted and me and Yugyeom glanced at each other before racing out of the room and skidding to a halt in the kitchen. Mrs Jung smiled at me and Yugyeom.

"You two seemed to have had a comfortable night, I saw." She said and I smiled, sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck and blushing.

"Yugyeom said he was cold and I was the only one awake." I told them and glanced at Yugyeom who smirked. Jinyoung scoffed.

"Yeah, sure ..." Jinyoung said and Jimin cackled, high-fiving him. Mrs Jung looked between them and shook her head in amusement before turning back to the stove, flipping the egg that was sizzling in the pan. Me and Yugyeom walked to the table and sat down on the only two seats remaining: they were opposite each other. There was footsteps on the stairs and then a teen walked into the room, backtracking when he saw the amount of people on the table.

"Uh, h-hi." He muttered and Youngjae's mouth fell open in shock. Hobi smiled at him.

"Min-jun!" Hobi exclaimed. "Come sit with us!" He said, excitedly and Min-jun glanced at Mrs Jung, who jerked her head in the direction of the table. He sighed and then looked at the table.

"But, there's no ..." He trailed off and Jungkook grinned.

"Oh, yeah. That's not a problem." Jungkook said before sliding his plate over to Taehyung and circling the table, plopping onto his boyfriend's lap. Min-jun's mouth dropped open and Jimin chuckled.

"This is normal, kid." Jimin stated and I sighed.

"You got that right." I muttered and Jimin giggled, nudging me slightly. I shoved him back and he toppled off the chair, groaning as he landed on his on the floor.

"Youngjae, help me up." Jimin said, loudly and Youngjae laughed, staring at Jimin before sticking his tongue out.

"Get up yourself." He said and Yoongi sighed, holding his hand out to Jimin, who took it with a blush and helped him to his feet. Mrs Jung sighed as Min-jun sat in the chair next to Hobi and Jaebum.

"What am I going to do with you boys?" She asked and Jimin winked at her.

"Adopt us?" He asked and Mrs Jung giggled, shaking her head.

"I'd rather keep my house intact for the time being. Handling two sons is already a pain in the to deal with." She teased and everyone laughed.

"Hobi is crazy!" Jimin burst out and Hobi glared at Jimin.

"Say it again, midget." He scowled and Yugyeom laughed and my attention diverted to him. He seemed to notice and smirked, winking at me. I quickly adverted my attention away, blushing darkly.

"Oh, my God!" Youngjae shouted and everyone looked at him. "They're doing it again! I think I'm going to be sick." He pointed at me and Yugyeom and Jungkook turned to me.

"Do you two have no decency?" He asked and I snickered.

"Says the one that's sitting on his boyfriends lap right now like it's totally normal." I retorted and Jungkook pouted.

"But, Min-jun wanted a seat!" He protested and Jimin laughed.

"That was just an excuse and you know it, Kook." He said and Jungkook giggled, agreeing. We started to dig into what Mrs Jung had cooked when Youngjae suddenly looked at the time and his eyes widened.

"!" He cursed, standing up suddenly. "I'm late for work!" He shouted and scrambled to his feet, rushing out the door.

"But, you said you were off today!" Hobi shouted and Youngjae appeared, everyone, including Min-jun, staring at him in confusion. Mrs Jung had left the room after cooking to rest.

"And I was, but I called in to do extra hours." He muttered. "For the next week and a half I'm working from nine in the morning to seven in the afternoon." He explained and Hobi stood up.

"But, you'll be exhausted, Youngjae: you can't do that much work!" He said, loudly and Youngjae pursed his lips, struggling to do up his jacket. "Youngjae, just take the day off: you'll die of exhaustion ~"

"I don't have a choice, Hobi!" Youngjae burst out, glaring, tears in his eyes. "I barely have any money as it is and my sister and Eomma are sitting at home, starving themselves to death because they don't have enough money. My Eomma is sick, Hobi, my sister is too young to work. I'm the only one who can provide for them and for hell, I'm not going to let them down." Youngjae shouted before turning and storming out of the house, slamming the door shut, but not before grabbing his bag. Hobi looked at us all.

"Did any of you know about this?" He asked and I shook my head, the others doing the same.

"He's always so happy all the time, so I just assumed ..." Jimin trailed off and Hobi sighed, closing his eyes and collapsing on the chair. Min-jun was staring at the door Youngjae had left through, longily.

"We have to help him: he's going to work himself to death if no one stops him." Hobi muttered and I looked at the door again, feeling sad for Youngjae and what he had to go through.

 

 

I hope you all enjoyed and sorry for the delay! I was planning to publish this earlier, but my life got a bit too hectic, lol. 

I hope you all are safe and okay in this dreadful time. At least this update may have quenched your boredom a little.

— E —