ONE

Starry Night

Bambam couldn't stop the excitement bursting into his heart as Kim Yugyeom advanced towards him. His eyes were someone else but that didn't necessarily mean that he wasn't going to talk to him. Right? Park Jimin was next to Bambam watching the scene with amusement in his eyes. Jimin knew Yugyeom; he was friends with his best friend: Jeon Jungkook. He couldn't contain his laughter when Yugyeom walked straight past an eager Bambam like he didn't exist.

"Don't laugh, Jiminie-hyung." He scowled then pouted, his lower lip jutting out. If only Yugyeom had noticed him. Jimin smirked.

"Yugyeom! Come here!" He called. Yugyeom turned with furrowed eyebrows to see who had said his name. When he saw Jimin, he smiled and made a beeline for him.

"Hey, Jimin." He chirped and gave Jimin a hug that Jimin gladly returned. Bambam froze in pure terror and turned to sneakily run off. Now that Yugyeom was in front of him, the confidence he had before evaporated and he curled in on his own shyness. However, Jimin had other ideas as he caught Bambam's shoulder and dragged him back. Despite being small, Jimin was actually really strong and he proved that by keeping Bambam in place.

"Yugyeom, you remember Bambam, right?" Jimin asked and Yugyeom looked around in shock. His eyes travelled up Jimin's arm and onto the shoulder he was gripping tightly. Bambam squirmed under his touch. Yugyeom stared at Bambam in surprise. He had never seen this Bambam before despite Jimin saying that they had met before. Yugyeom was pretty sure he would remember a face like Bambam's.

"No, I don't. I've never seen or met him in my life." He said and his voice became icy. Bambam blushed and looked at the floor like it would carry him away or swallow him up. Something in him crumbled and cracked apart. Jimin's eyes widened.

"Yuggie, that was rude!" Jimin exclaimed. Bambam jerked out of Jimin’s grip and looked up defiantely.

"He's right to speak to me like that anyway, so why skirt around the tone?" Bambam asked, quietly. Jimin gasped and put a hand over his mouth in shock, staring at Bambam in concern.

"You don't really mean that -" 

"Yes, I do. Jiminie-hyung, I do mean it more than you ever will know." Bambam told him, miserably. An awkward silence descended on the trio. Bambam's thoughts were running wild in his mind and he couldn't concentrate on anything. So, when Jungkook bounded into Bambam, squealing his name, Bambam screamed in terror. Jungkook burst into laughter and Bambam chuckled, pushing Jungkook's weight off him.

"Ah, hyung." He shouted as he fell. Jungkook caught Bambam's jacket and they both tumbled to the floor, Jungkook cushioning Bambam's fall. Jungkook groaned and held his head. Bambam just laughed and rolled onto his back, next to Jungkook.

"That's what you get, Kookie, for scaring the crap out of me." Bambam said and pushed himself to his feet. He extended an arm to Jungkook, who took it gratefully and was helped to his feet. He stumbled and Bambam caught him before he could facepalm the floor for a second time. Jimin and Bambam burst into laughter at the clueless look on Jungkook’s face.

"What?" He asked, innocently and Bambam shook his head.

"Nothing." He murmured and smirked at Jimin, who winked at him knowingly. Bambam giggled.

"I'm still here guys." Yugyeom waved to get the attention of the other three he so desperately seeked. Something about making Bambam laugh drifted into his mind and he wanted to hear Bambam laugh like that for him. He didn't know where these feelings were suddenly coming from and he didn't like them one bit. Huffing, he crossed his arms as the others finally noticed him.

"I'm so sorry," Bambam said, sarcastically. "I didn't see you there." Bambam spat. Yugyeom retracted in surprise at the venom lacing the olders tongue. Was it just his imagination or was Bambam actually seething in anger?

"Bambam!" Jimin and Jungkook cried together in alarm.

"Shut it." Bambam glared at them then turned his attention to Yugyeom with a burning ball of fire positioned in his eyes. He inclined his head slightly to the side with a scowl. "This is between me and him." Bambam pointed a finger at Yugyeom, his finger shaking with rage. Bambam advanced towards Yugyeom and time slowed down as Bambam neared him. His heart thumped in his chest, thinking about what was to come.