FOUR

Starry Night

New update! Hello, I have decided that this will be a series! This will be a first story in the series, then Destiny (Ateez Fanfic), after that Golden Hour (EXO Fanfic), and finally Silver Light (TXT Fanfic). I hope you enjoy and it contains swearing! (^-^)

 

Kim Taehyung

I was scared less when Jungkook and I were in the ambulance, my hand clutching Jungkook’s like it was my life line. So much had happened in such a short period of time and I was amazed I could feel this way about someone I had just met. I sighed. Every time I tried to embrace someone and accept them as a friend or family, they just disappear. Jimin and the others are different though. I chuckled nervously to myself as I pulled out my phone and dialled my Appa's phone number. It rung twice then he picked up.

“Hey, son. What’s wrong?” He asked and I closed my eyes to stop myself from looking down at Jungkook, who's head was slightly damp with blood from the edge of the table. Clearing my throat, I started to speak into the phone.

“Um, can you come to the hospital ...” There was a pause and I fiddled with the ends of my shirt. “My, er ... my friend sort of had an accident in the cafeteria and he hit his — he hit his head and they said he may have a concussion. I’m ... um, I’m riding with him in the ambulance and he’s currently unconscious. I was wondering if you and Chanyeol could come and just wait with me in the waiting room. I ... I’m scared, Appa — I don’t want him to die like Eomma and Seohyungie did.” I whispered the end and Appa sighed like he was sighing in relief that I wasn’t hurt.

“I’ll be there soon. What’s his name?” He asked and I gulped.

“Jeon Jungkook.” I told him and he gasped, quietly. My eyebrows knitted together. “What — what’s wrong?” I questioned and he seemed to hesitate before telling me.

“Well, you see, you know how I work at a children’s home, right?” I nodded. Appa worked at an orphanage because he used to be an orphan and new what it was like, so he wanted to help people see that having no parents wasn’t something to be ashamed of. That was one of the reasons Eomma fell in love with him or, so she used to tell me. “There’s a boy around your age that I used to help and his name was Jeon Jungkook. He had black hair, sparkly brown doe eyes and a bunny smile. He was young.” Appa described and I stared down at Jungkook in shock. He was ... an orphan? I hummed.

“It’s him.” I admitted and Appa gasped again.

“I’m on my way.” Then he hung up. I tilted my head to the side. How exactly did he know Jungkook? What was it that was so important that my Appa singled Jungkook out of all the other orphans? Maybe he was just sick or depressed. I considered that then shook my head. Jungkook’s really happy all of the time: he couldn’t have been depressed. It isn’t in his nature. The ambulance came to a stop and the door was open before the same paramedic climbed inside and together they pulled Jungkook down and stretchered him into the hospital. I followed behind them.

A car came speeding into the hospital car park before I stepped into the hall and my eyebrows rose as I noticed the person at the wheel. He quickly parked and climbed out, opening the door for my little brother and lifting him onto his hip before closing the car door and locking it firmly shut behind him. Glancing around, he walked up to me and nodded, which I returned and we both walked into the hospital. Jungkook had gotten wheeled into some room and the paramedic from earlier looked around before spotting me and walking up to us. He rubbed his hands on his trousers before scrutinizing us.

“Who are you guys and where are the boys parents?” The paramedic asked and Appa glared at him hard before puffing out a breath with a deep sigh.

“The boy’s name is Jeon Jungkook and he doesn’t have any family. He lives in the orphanage a couple miles away from here, so I suggest you call them or even better, I’ll do it myself. I cannot give any personal information to you because I am not his guardian, but am like family to him, so if you would kindly lead us into the waiting room or his room than that would be much appreciated.” Appa said, coldly and the paramedic nodded. He turned and gestured for us to follow him. The hallways stunk of cleaning spray and banana medicine. The walls were shiny white and glistening in the light: as we got further down the colours changed to a light blue and I looked around curiously. We entered a room that had Jungkook lying on the bed.

“We will call the orphanage, but until then we cannot do anything crucial if he needs surgery. We do not know his medical plan or dietary needs or if he’s allergic to anything. We have taken an X-ray and nothing crucial seems to have been damaged in his head. Some of his skin obviously had been scratched, so he may need a few stitches, but other than that nothing seems to be wrong. He may be a bit groggy when he wakes up because of the impact of the table when he fell and the bleeding on his skull is little and nothing to worry about.” The paramedic nodded before leaving us for privacy. We walked to the chairs next to Jungkook’s bed and sat down, my hands immediately finding his as I intertwined our fingers then quickly let go when he snatched it back and started to mumble incoherent things in his sleep.

“D-Don’t hurt me ...” He whimpered, shaking like a leaf. “D-Don’t hit me, s-stop! Stop!” Jungkook shouted and my Appa put Chanyeol down and got to his feet.

“We need to get the doctor.” He said, his face slightly panicked, but I shook my head.

“No, he’s alright. It’s just a nightmare.” I told him and he slowly went and sat down next to Chanyeol, who looked slightly scared and confused. I grabbed Jungkook’s hands and gently rubbed a circle into his palm. “Jungkookie, you can hear me, right?” I asked and his hands unclenched, shaking still in my grasp. “They say that people can hear in their sleep, do you think that’s true. You most likely do. You told me about flowers and trees and their unity, but what about elements? Fire and water? Air and Earth? What symbol would they be associated with and what would you want them to represent? You’d probably talk to me about it for hours on hours — and I would never get tired of hearing your voice. Jungkook, there’s something about you that’s different from everyone else. I trust you, Kookie, so you have to trust me too, okay?” Jungkook shivered, eyelids fluttering when I kissed his knuckles. He groaned in his sleep and groggily tried to open his eyes, slowly.

“T-Tae?” He whispered and I perked up, a grin spreading across my face. “I trust you too. It ~”

“Where is he?!?!” Bambam and Jimin screamed from the hall then someone shushed them.

“Do you two ever shut up? He’s probably trying to sleep and with this ruckus outside, he’s probably dying inside with a headache. So, be quiet.” Yoongi hissed and Jungkook chuckled to himself. Appa’s eyebrows rose to his hairline and Chanyeol clapped his hands together excitedly. He loved to meet new people. The others walked into the room and Jungkook pulled himself to sit up and I got up to help. “What a great boyfriend.” Yoongi stated, bluntly and I blushed while Jungkook scowled.

“What are you talking about Yoongi?” He asked and Yoongi grinned wickedly at me while Jimin and Bambam started to laugh, falling onto the floor as they rolled about. I chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of my neck as my cheeks began to heat up along with the tips of my ears.

“Um, well ...” Jungkook looked at me and my brother and Appa looked at me too, simultaneously and I gulped. “Well, when you got in the ambulance, the only way to get in with you was to be family. So, I, er ...” I cleared my throat, my palms starting to sweat a little. “I told the paramedic that I was your boyfriend ...” Jungkook went bright red while my Appa looked surprised. Chanyeol started to clap his hands together and Bambam, Jimin and the others burst into laughter.

“Oh, my God, look how red he is ...” Seokjin’s window-wiper laugh cut into the air and Jungkook started to giggle as Jimin started to laugh harder, tears running down his face as he panted for air on his knees, his fist pounding on the ground. Chanyeol laughed in glee and I chuckled, swiping him into my arms and his hands cupped my cheeks. His hands were so small and tiny.

“Kookie and hyungie are together!” He exclaimed in joy and Jungkook laughed as Chanyeol extending his hands, making grabby hands at Jungkook. I stared at them in confusion as I handed Chanyeol to Jungkook, who snuggled up to him like they were best friends and Jungkook started to tickle his sides. He erupted into laughter as the others in the room started to calm down. Jungkook sighed as he leaned back and Chanyeol rested his head on his shoulder.

“Well, whatever happened, I’m glad that you’re okay. You always were like a son to me, Kook.” Appa said and Jungkook smiled to himself as Chanyeol climbed off the bed, Appa helping him down safely. A little boy waddled into the hospital room wearing a hoodie far to big for him. It reached down to his ankles and he ran to the side of Jungkook’s bed. Jungkook smiled at the little boy and lifted him onto his lap just as two other males walked into the room, the first boy had blonde hair and brown eyes that seemed soulless. The other, however, had black hair with silver highlights at the base of his neck and hazel eyes, his lips were pulled into a slight scowl. As soon as Chanyeol saw the blonde, he squealed and ran to him, the blonde sweeping Chanyeol up into his arms with a grin.

“Why does Chanyeol know everyone here?” I asked and Jungkook giggled as he stared at me. His eyes seemed to twinkle a thousand galaxies right then and there in front of me and I couldn’t help but look and look, wishing I never had to tear my eyes away from him again. His pink plump lips formed into a crooked smile. He tilted his head to the side.

“He doesn’t know everyone, Taehyungie.” Jungkook stated to me like it was the most obvious thing in the world. The boy that had entered with the blonde hair raised his eyebrows at me in question, like he couldn’t believe what he was seeing, but the things he was seeing was really funny.

“Oh, so this is Taehyung.” The boy said, mostly to himself, but it sounded like he was having the time of his life as he teased Jungkook. My eyes widened as he held out his hand to me, intending for me to shake. I took it in shock, then my body tensed, eyes wary of him. How had he known my name and what was the reason? Chanyeol smiled at me from inside the strangers arms. I found that a but disturbing and a little worrying. Just who exactly was this blonde male? “I’m Jung Wooyoung and that’s Jung Baekhyun. I’ve heard a lot about you, Taehyung, from Yeol, your Appa and mostly Jungkook.” He told me with a small wink and when the news actually hit me, a red blush spread across my cheeks making me look like a painted tomato. Everyone around us started to laugh and he set Chanyeol down on the floor, letting him stand on his own two feet. Bambam and Jimin came up suddenly from their laughing fits and the side of the room and pulled the male close, hugging him. He sighed and closed his eyes like the familiar presence put him at ease. They pulled away and the male with black hair behind Wooyoung cleared his throat to get Wooyoung's attention. It seemed to have worked as he remembered something. “Oh, right.” He said and took a step back until he was standing next the black haired male with silver highlights in his hair. “This is Choi San.” He told us and Jungkook started to cough. Baekhyun stared at Jungkook with worried eyes, wide and innocent then came running to his brother: Wooyoung. He tripped over and Wooyoung dived to grab him, catching him just before he hit the floor and letting him stand up properly again, regaining his balance. “You’ve got to be careful, Baekhyunnie.” He scolded and Baekhyun nodded.

“Hyungie,” Baekhyun whined and Wooyoung sighed. “C — Lottie ... where — where is she?” Baekhyun questioned, looking around in confusion like he had no idea why that Lottie person wasn’t here yet.

“I’m here, Baekhyun , I’m here!” A woman exclaimed as she walked into the room and Baekhyun screamed. Then he ... fainted; right in the middle of the room. Wooyoung caught him again and scooped him up into his arms. Bambam gasped as the mysterious woman smacked her forehead. “I’m so sorry, Wooyoung. I — I forgot that ~”

“Save your apologies,” Wooyoung scowled, coldly, brown eyes hardening into ice. “I’m not in the mood right now.” He told her, staring down at Baekhyun. Then before anyone could protest or ask if Baekhyun was alright, he strode off to the sofa at the far end of the room. This room was meant for 8 patients, but we were the only ones in here right now. San followed him a couple minutes later, eyes calculating and worried. The Lottie person shook her head with a sigh.

“I really hate it when I do that; when I forget something as important as Baekhyunnie's fear. God, I’m so disappointed in myself!” She exclaimed. Wooyoung and San where chatting in the far edge of the room and I saw Wooyoung shake his head and look down at Baekhyun with a shaky frown. Jungkook reached for my hand and I intertwined our fingers as he smiled sympathetically at ‘Lottie'.

“It’s okay, Charlotte. You forgot: Wooyoungie is stubborn and massively protective over Baekhyunnie. Trust me: he'll forgive you soon enough — Baekhyun loves you like an Eomma.” So, that was her name. Charlotte. I’ve heard of her — Appa always talks about these kind of things although he’s never mentioned a Jeon Jungkook before. “He’s tired. He’s stressed. Give him time.” Jungkook soothed as Charlotte nodded, clasping her hands together in front of her. She noticed Appa and grinned.

“Hello, Mr Kim!” She chirped and he smiled. “Are you and Chanyeolie coming to the orphanage today?” She questioned and Appa glanced at me and Jungkook sceptically. Then Charlotte glanced at me too and understanding surfaced in her eyes. Jungkook blinked.

“No, they can come, Charlotte, I don’t mind. They could all come!” He said and Charlotte looked around the room and gulped.

“I don’t have enough seats.” She muttered and Appa thought for a moment. “I only have nine seats in the car.” She told Jungkook and he pouted, just like Chanyeol. I felt a small smile tug at my lips when I looked at them.

“I could take the others. I have eight seats in the car.” He explained Chanyeol brightened. Bambam grinned and Yugyeom watched him fondly. That sly dog ... I chuckled to myself. “That’s seventeen seats. There’s fourteen teens ... two kids and two adults: plus Wooyoung and San: that’s ... twenty people. Oh ...” He trailed off and Seokjin glanced around.

“Me and some others could take my car. I have my license and everything.” Seokjin offered and Charlotte smiled, her white teeth flashing.

“Great, so that’s settled!” Charlotte looked at Seokjin. “Thank you Jinnie.” She said, gratefully and Seokjin waved off the thanks with smile. Charlotte stared at Jungkook. “We’ll wait until the doctors say you can go and then we’ll be off.” She said and everyone nodded. “What I’m thinking is I’ll take Wooyoung, Baekhyun, San, Bambam, Jimin, Yugyeom, Hobi and Yoongi.” She looked at Appa who nodded as he surveyed the rest.

“Yep, I’ll obviously take Yeol, Jungkook and Tae. Then Mark, Youngjae, Jackson and Jinyoung will come with me.” He nodded again in approval and Seokjin looked at the others.

“Okay, that’s fine. Then Namjoon and Jaebum will come with me.” Seokjin said with a smile. I couldn’t believe that in less than an hour I would be going to see where Jungkook lived — it was terrifying.

 

 

“Alright, alright!” Appa exclaimed as he climbed into the car and shut the drivers door. Chanyeol sat in his small kiddies chair in the passenger seat. The others sat behind me and Jungkook as it travelled back in twos. Jungkook squeezed my hand as the car started and Appa drove out of the car park. The others in the back where chatting to each other while Appa glanced at us through the rear view mirror. “Everything okay?” He asked and Jungkook looked at me through the corner of his eye. I irked an eyebrow and he sighed.

“Everything’s okay-ish. Um ... it’s just that it feels kind of weird that Taehyung is coming to the place I’ve lived in so long: the orphanage. Up until less than an hour ago, I’m pretty sure he didn’t even know I was an orphan.” I nodded in agreement and Jungkook narrowed his eyes at the things streaming past outside. A stray strand of his hair fell over his eyes and I swiped it away and tucked it behind his ear. He smiled and leaned his head against my shoulder. “It’s probably because he’s basically the only one who hasn’t been there; and he’s important to me, Mr Kim. Your son's really important to me.” Jungkook explained and Chanyeol stayed silent as Appa smiled. Chanyeol seemed to be processing everything Jungkook said then he turned around in his seat.

“Are you and Taehyungie going to get married?” He asked, innocently and Jungkook flushed bright red while Appa chuckled. I tutted at him and he shot me a confused look. “Eomma and Appa got married when they were young, so why can’t Kookie and you?” He asked me and I shook my head at him.

“Don’t mention Eomma.” I hissed and he pouted and turned around, crossing his arms, immune to the outside world around him. He didn’t understand that Eomma was never coming back. Chanyeol still sometimes waited at the door for her, but in the end she never does. I’ve told him countless times, but he still manages to ignore me.

“I still don’t understand, Taehyungie. Eomma’s still here with us ... you just ignore the fact that she’s always standing right beside us. She likes Jungkookie. So do I. So do you.” He stated with a small voice. I didn’t know his speaking had gotten so good. Normally I was out all the time: at work or taking walks or just generally avoiding the house and everything in it that would remind me of them. “Simples.” He muttered and my grip tightened on Jungkook’s hand. I felt the steady rise and fall of his chest, the perfect breathing pattern and the warm breath against the crook of my neck. I shivered.

“It’s not that simple ~”

“Be quiet, Taehyungie. Yeol, shush. You know your brothers sensitive about your Eomma and brother: Taehyung Yeol's young. You have to wait — he won’t understand everything you throw at him.” Appa told each of us. The others were still chatting behind us, but quietly now. Jungkook glanced at me then looked at Appa.

“So, Mr Kim, how’s it been going with Cian. Any progress?” Jungkook asked and Appa sighed, shaking his head, frown deepening.

“No, that boys as stubborn as Wooyoung. He refuses to talk to me no matter how hard I try. I’ve tried to tell him that it’s okay and that I won’t hurt him, but no matter what I do, he still looks as though I’m not there. Chanyeolie can’t even get through to him.” He muttered and Jungkook nodded, looking down.

“Cian's hard to crack. Most of the time, no one knows what’s going on his head, but I’m sure you’ll get him to open up. I did.” He told him with a reassuring smile and Appa chuckled.

“Yeah, you were a handful.” He said, laughing. I looked between them in confusion. Appa noticed. “When I first got told about Jungkook, I thought that it was going to be easy, but well ... let’s just say it wasn’t. Kook refused to talk to me for three months and after that all he would do was get angry and shout. It was concerning at first, but then as time got on, he started to calm down and tell me. I gave him time and now look at him.” He grinned, proudly. I glanced at Jungkook who flushed again. He shrugged and picked at his jeans.

“I was angry at everything. I didn’t think it was fair that my parents died the way they did. I never thought it was fair: I still don’t. I thought that everyone was against me when they weren’t. Once I finally stopped being so stubborn, I saw how much people I didn’t even know that well cared for me. It was nice I guess. Without your Appa's help, I would’ve still been that boy with a load of pent up frustration and anger waiting to be released.” He explained and I stared at him as we pulled up into the driveway of the orphanage. Let’s just say: it was huge! We all climbed out, and the frown that had been on my face disappeared into thin air as two cars pulled up, everyone else climbing out of their cars too. Jungkook reached for my hand and I felt his grip tighten just a little bit the closer we got to the door. He must’ve been really nervous for him to be like this: so scared and anxious. If he had been biting his nails, they would’ve been bitten to the stumps. Charlotte unlocked the door and pushed it open gently and we followed her inside, looking around, curiously. I smiled.

“This is amazing.” I whispered as I let go of Jungkook’s hand and spun around, smiling up at the stairs that swirled up ahead and at the polished ceilings. Someone poked their head out of the door closest to us and locked eyes with me, eyes flickering with fear. I blinked and smiled gently, waving and they poked their head back in as a chorus of whispers rolled through the house. Then twin girls and a boy stepped out, the boy was the one that I had locked eyes with moments prior and he was staring at me curiously, head tilting to the side in thought. The girls giggled when Jungkook picked one of them up and kissed their cheek with a huge smile. He must really love these kids. The other twin went to Charlotte who her hair and tucked it behind her ear. The boys eyes were still on me and I crouched down, a small smile tilting the edges of my lips upwards. “Hello, what’s your name?” I asked, quietly. He glanced around and leaned closer then put his arms around my neck. I froze.

“My names Cian.” He whispered so quietly that I thought I had imagined it. After a few seconds, I hugged him back. “I’m nine years old ...” He trailed off, then pulled away. “A-Are you M-Mr K-Kim's son?” He stuttered and I looked at Appa. He was gaping at me and Cian in shock. He had been trying to crack this boy for weeks and I walk in and he suddenly talks.

“Yes, I am, Cian.” I said. I leant closer, so only he would hear me. “He can be a bit scary sometimes, can’t he?” I asked and Cian nodded, terror flashing momentarily in his irises. “But, he’s not actually scary at all: he’s really nice. Eomma ...” I cleared my throat and Cian studied me.

“She died?” He questioned and I nodded.

“Yes, she did. A couple of years back: her and my little brother — Seohyung. I think she would’ve liked you. I know I do.” Cian smiled and giggled when I tickled his sides. The others looked shocked. “Well, Cian, do you mind introducing me to everyone?” I said and Cian nodded with a grin and I straightened up. He reached his hands up. “Do you want me to carry you?” I asked. He nodded, sheepishly again and I smiled as I swiped him into my arms. Even though he was nine years old, Cian was small and skinny; too skinny for his age. I worried for him. He pointed at a door and my smile widened. “Eye, eye Captain Cian!” He laughed as I strutted inside. Everyone looked up and when they saw Cian in my arms, the older ones gasped and the smaller people blinked in confusion and fear. Cian had his arms wrapped around my neck, my arms were wounded around his waist as I propped him up on my hip. Jungkook came in after and a girl shrieked, running and flinging herself into Jungkook’s arms. I frowned at them and Jungkook seemed to notice: he laughed.

“Relax, Taehyungie — you’ve got no competition. She’s like half my age.” He pointed out and I realised he was right. She was taller than Cian with blonde hair and brown eyes. A cute button nose and strong jaw with freckles sprinkled across her rosy cheeks. She grinned up at Jungkook. The older ones in the room eyed me suspiciously. I shifted uncomfortably and Cian kicked slightly. I glanced at him.

“Want me to put you down?” I asked and he nodded with an eye roll. I chuckled as I set him down and he tugged at my jumper before leading me over to a group of girls. He cleared his throat.

“I — This is May and Sarah.” He said, pointing to two girls with smiled at me. I returned it. “Ruth and Linda, Jake and Nate, Jongin and Beomgyu, Soobin, Seonghwa and Hongjoong.” He told me, pointing at each individual person then turning towards me with a curious look. “What’s your name?” He questioned and I blinked. I had totally forgotten that I hadn’t actually introduced myself. I rubbed the back of my neck, nervously.

“I’m Kim Taehyung.” I told them and Cian grinned with glee then ran to the sofa and sat down on it, curling into a ball, arms winding around his knees. Jungkook came to me and kissed my cheek, pulling my wrist to the door.

“Come on, Taehyungie, I wanna show you something.” He muttered and I waved at everyone before we disappeared out of the door. I heard the catcalls from Jimin and Bambam and laughed. They were really silly sometimes.

 

Kim Yugyeom

I had only been here once before and that was when I had barely just met Jungkook. I had dropped him off as it had been late and I didn’t want something happening to him once I had left, so I walked him to the orphanage. Charlotte happened to see me outside and I asked me if I wanted to join for dinner and I said yes. My parents wouldn’t mind nor would they care, so I had accepted. That was over two years ago. Jungkook and Taehyung disappeared behind the corner and out the door, but before they were out of ear shot, Bambam and Jimin whistled and cat called making Taehyung laugh. His deep, velvety voice drifted into the room and Mr Kim smiled at the sound.

“I haven’t heard him laugh in over a year.” He muttered mostly to himself, but now that the children in the orphanage had heard, they were interested. And they wouldn’t stop until they got answers from him.

“Why?” Ruth asked, and Mr Kim's face tightened as he sat down on the edge of the sofa, Chanyeol and Baekhyun disappearing out of the room with Wooyoung and San. I was glad Chanyeol didn’t have to stay and hear what his Appa was about to say. It would break his heart into pieces.

“Well, Ruthie, when I was younger — about eighteen; I married this beautiful woman. She had long, black hair falling to her waist and green eyes that sparkled like diamonds in the sun. She was the love of my life and so naturally I did what any man would do. I proposed and somehow she said yes. We had three amazing sons: Taehyung, Chanyeol and Seohyung. Life was perfect — life was everything I had dreamed of and more. Until ... until that horrible day. The day that everything came crashing down. See, my wife — Taehyungie's Eomma was going to the shop to buy groceries, but three very, very bad men were there and robbing the shop. She walked in and Bang! Her life flashed before her eyes. She and Taehyungie’s little brother left the world that day and he's never been the same since. Ever. Chanyeol's too young to understand, but Tae does. That’s why he stopped smiling, he stopped laughing and overall, stopped trying as a whole. But I have a feeling Kook's changing that for the better.” He explained and Cian glanced at him out of the corner of his eye then they darted back to the floor.

“They’re together?” He asked, quietly and Appa nodded.

“I think so, although it’s not clear between those two. I should hope they are as they have a beautiful relationship like my wife and I did. But if they aren’t, then it’s likely they’ll get together in the end.” He shrugged with a sigh. “Only time can tell.” He murmured and Cian frowned.

“How old are they?” He turned to look at Mr Kim and he smiled.

“Tae’s eighteen and Kook's seventeen: but Kook skipped a year I think.” He told him and Cian nodded as he got up and began to walk out of the door and we heard his footsteps on the stairs. Bambam grabbed my arm and pushed me onto the sofa, sitting on my lap and relaxing against my chest. I chuckled and linked my arms around his waist, burying my face in his shoulder.

“You smell nice.” I muttered and Bambam giggled at my words before his hands slid up my wrists and stopped at my fingers. I untangled my hands and held my palms up, raising my head. He took my hands gently like they were fragile, his fingertips brushing against my palm, sliding up my fingers and ghosting my fingertips. I hummed and laid my forehead back onto his shoulder and breathed in his scent of strawberries and cream. He released a sigh of comfort as if all his problems had vanished.

“What are we going to do about Edith?” He asked. Or not. I thought then grimaced against his skin. “I mean ... now that Jungkook’s okay, they’ll be a ... an investigation, right? She’ll lie low for a while?” He stated, but it sounded more like a question. I thought that through.

“I don’t think Edith knows how to lie low.” I finally said and Bambam wiggled when my lips moved against his skin. I laughed. “But, honestly, I think you’re right: she won’t take the risk of being caught and with the way she’s going about with thing’s she’s doing now; she will get caught. Then she’ll really get punished.” I told him and Bambam nodded in agreement. He smiled.

“This is nice.” He whispered after a long pause of silence and I smirked. “Don’t make a snarky, sly comment, Yuggie or I’ll hit you so hard.” Bambam muttered and I giggled.

“I wasn’t going too.” I told him and he sighed, shaking his head. I could tell that he really liked the position we were in; me back hugging him from behind while he relaxed in my arms. I enjoyed the position too. Sarah cleared .

“So, what happened to Jungkook and why was he taken to hospital?” Sarah asked and Mr Kim turned to look at Jimin as if he trusted him to tell him what had gone on. Jimin sighed.

“Well, Mr Kim there was a couple of incidents before Lunch. There’s this girl ... Edith and she well, she likes Yugyeom and is willing to do whatever she has too to get him to like her back. Bambam was obviously there and she took her anger out on him. During break, she came with five people behind her back, Derek ~”

“Derek?” Mr Kim questioned eyes going unnecessarily wide in his sockets and Bambam blinked, looking at him with interest. Jimin nodded.

“Yes, Derek. Jungkook was about to get hit, but Taehyung ... well, he kind of stopped it and Edith insulted his Eomma and brother. He — Taehyung got really mad and stormed off, but the after the lessons he had with Jungkook, he was perfectly fine. Jungkook calms him down.” Jimin explained and the Appa nodded before standing up, with a frown.

“I’ll be back.” He muttered and exited the room. I shook my head with a sigh and felt Bambam tense.

“I hope they sort this through.” He murmured. I hope so too.

 

Jeon Jungkook

I lead Taehyung up the stairs and into my room. It was big I guess and my roommate had moved out as he was now an adult. I pulled him to my bed and sat him down, plopping next to him.

“What? What did you want to show me?” He asked and I grinned, leaning to kiss his cheek before standing up and walking to my chest of drawers and pulling it open. I reached inside and pulled out a notebook that I took to school everyday and kept with me since I was younger. I walked back to Taehyung and sat down again, this time Taehyung put his arm around me. I giggled. “You write in this all the time.” Taehyung suddenly said, touching the front gently like it was fragile. “You’re always scribbling something inside it. I’ve always wondered what you wrote inside it.” He told me and I looked up at him, handing the notebook to him.

“Take it. I want you to read it.” I said and his eyes widened as he accepted it and opened it up. Eyes scanning the pages and then he started to read it out loud with a wide smile. I blushed.

“His eyes: they shine,

I want his intense gaze to meet mine,

I need his kind heart,

His face; a famous piece of art.

His arms wrapped around me,

My life would finally be happy,

I need his kindness and love,

My world and soul up above.

I’ve lost so much in my life,

The pain like a knife.

I think I’m lost without him,

My world turning dim,

Our worlds are finally crumbling in two,

Our lives being painted a deep blue.

I think we’re lost,

Our hearts and fingers uncrossed.

We don’t believe in anything anymore.

Tired feet moving on the dance floor,

I’m lost, yeah, no-oh,

My feelings up and down, high and low.

I think you’re lost,

Trying your hardest to adjust.

I wanna see the world,

But I’m so concerned.

Concerned about him,

That beautiful Kim.

His eyes used to glitter,

Now they’ve turned painfully bitter.

His smile always present,

But now it’s bent,

About to break in half.

He used to laugh,

Now he’s trying not to cry,

His eyes dark like the cloudy sky.

I wanna help him be him again,

Because I feel like he’s the one being blamed.

Blamed by himself.

His insecurities laid out on a shelf,

I want him to be who he was before,

Not now: feeling like he should be something more,

He’s broken now,

And I’ve made a vow.

I’ll help him be happy,

Not angry and snappy,

I’ll help him smile and laugh,

Not the one that seems like it’s a choreograph,

I’ll help him find who he was,

Because:

Because I love who he is and who he was,

He helps me pause,

He helps me love myself for who I am,

Makes me feel like I can.

He’s perfect in every way,

That’s why I finally came out as gay.

Now I’m as happy as can be,

My life: a calm and gorgeous sea.”

He came to an end and glanced up at me with a wide eyed look. Then he looked back down and turned the page, reading the other out loud.

“My calm sea is no more,

My heart and soul a closed door,

All that I can see is gone,

Everything turned into none.

I’ve finally realised my worth,

I’ve been a huge burden ever since birth,

Now I’ve finally seen,

I’m like that second hand pair of jeans.

Thrown away again and again,

Losing more then I’ve ever gained,

Before I start just let me say:

My world turned from colours to black and grey.

Our lives seemed to crash,

Our twos world never clash.

I’m thankful for that,

I don’t want him to see me as an alley way cat.

Always on the run,

I’ve realised I’m never going to be the perfect son.”

“That was when I was in the orphanage and I got picked multiple times, but in the end they gave me back because they didn’t want me. It broke my heart.” I whispered and Taehyung set the notebook on the bed and leaned into my, wrapping both his arms around me. I sighed in relief as I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck. Taehyung was warm and everything I needed.

“I’m always here for you, Kookie ~” A knock interrupted him and we separated as Taehyung cleared his throat. “Come in.” He murmured and the door creaked open, Cian poking his head inside. His curly hair fell into his damp eyes and Taehyung got up, walking to the door and scooping Cian into his arms as he sobbed.

“I — I don’t wanna stay here any longer.” He stuttered and my heart shattered as Taehyung glanced at me, coming to sit beside me. I put my hand against Cian's cheek and he opened his teary eyes to stare at me. “Please don’t make me stay here.” He whispered and my ears got blurry as I enveloped him in a hug. I understood what he was saying: I soothed him, his curly hair down. “Sing for me, hyung ... please.” He begged and I nodded.

“Anything for you, Cian.” I told him. He closed his eyes as Taehyung stared at me and I ignored him, focusing on Cian.

“I like being independent,

Not so much of an investment,

No one to tell me what to do ~

I like being by myself,

Don’t gotta entertain anybody else,

Na, na, na, na, na, na.

But sometimes I just want somebody to hold,

Somebody to give me the jacket when it’s cold,

Got that young love even when we’re old,

Yeah, sometimes I just want somebody to hold my hand,

Pick me up, pull me close, be my man,

I will love you till’ the end.

So if you’re out there I swear to be good to you,

But I’m done looking for my future someone,

Cause when the time is right you’ll be here, but for now:

Dear No One — this is your love song ~

No, oh, oh,

But sometimes I just somebody to hold,

Somebody to give me the jacket when it’s cold,

Got that young love even when we’re old.

Yeah, sometimes I just want somebody to grab my hand,

Pick me up, pull me close; be my man.

I will love you till’ the end ~

So if you’re out there,

I swear to be good to you,

But I’m done looking for my future someone,

Cause when the time is right, you’ll be here, but for now:

Dear No One — this is your love song ~

No, oh, oh ...”

I sung and Cian smiled as he drifted off to sleep, his mouth parting in his slumber and his eyelashes fluttering. The rise and fall of his chest indicating he was asleep and not faking it — Cian must’ve been really tired to fall asleep straight away. Taehyung got up and I followed, tugging the covers back as Taehyung placed Cian down on the mattress and I pulled the covers up to his chin. I leant down and kissed his forehead, Taehyung copying me and we walked to the other bed. As soon as we sat down, Taehyung reached for my hands and he glanced up at me.

“Listen, Kookie ...” Oh, no: I thought. Taehyung nibbled on his lower lip like he was nervous about something. His eyes fell to our intertwined hands and he grinned. “Kookie, will you do the honours and be mine?” He asked quietly and my mouth fell open then I shook my head.

“I — yes, yes, I will.” I stuttered and he pulled me closer to share a sweet kiss. However, when he pulled away, he had a huge frown on his face.

“Kookie ...” I stared at him and he started to get nervous and anxious again. “I was thinking ... Cian ... he doesn’t get along with a lot of people and he has a lot of issues that people don’t understand. But you do. I do. Cian doesn’t want to stay here, so I thought that when you turn eighteen, we’ll both be adults. I thought that we could ... adopt him.” He looked up at me and I blinked at him as I tackled him onto the bed in a hug.

“You want to raise a child with me?” I asked and he hummed with a quiet chuckle, so as not to wake Cian. “Yes, yes. I do. We’ll adopt Cian, but ... we need to buy a house and move out. We need to live together and be suitable enough — what if we’re not suitable enough ... he needs someone to be there for him. What if we’re not there for him? What if ~” Taehyung caressed my cheeks and I closed my eyes against the feeling.

“We’ll be fine.” He whispered and another person knocked on the door. “Come in.” Taehyung said. The person pushed the door open and Mr Kim appeared, nodding when Taehyung pointed to Cian and put a finger to his lips. He came and sat down on the edge of the bed.

“How are you doing, son?” He asked and Taehyung sighed as I laid my head on his chest, his arms looping around my waist. I relaxed into his grip.

“I’m fine. You know about Edith and what happened, don’t you?” Mr Kim smiled tightly with a jerk of his head. Taehyung smiled softly, wistfully almost and I ran my hands up and down his back soothingly. “I’m fine, Appa, seriously ... I am. I know you worry about me and always have ever since Eomma died, but I’m okay now: honestly I am. Kookie's with me now — I’m fine.” He reassured and Mr Kim dragged a hand through his hair, fingers carding through the strands atop his head.

“Are you sure everything’s okay?” He questioned again and I sat up, turning towards him and sliding onto the edge of the bed. Taehyung glanced at me in question and I shrugged as I looked at his Appa.

“I want to know something.” I said to both of them, and Mr Kim leaned forward, curiously. I could faintly hear the soft breathing of Cian. I smiled to myself. “How would you feel if me and Taehyung were thinking about adopting Cian?” I said and Mr Kim thought for a moment, rubbing his chin, thoughtfully, then he smiled brightly.

“I would be all in for it. You and Tae are perfect for each other in more ways than one and honestly, I think Cian was thinking about you and Tae being his parents. He asked loads of questions like how old you guys were. He really has taken a liking to Taehyungie, so it’ll only be natural that he wants and craves for your love and attention. I think you’ll be amazing parents, but ... only when you get an apartment or house, and when Jungkook turns eighteen.” He explained and Taehyung nodded.

“Jungkook was thinking exactly that.” He said to Mr Kim and his Appa shrugged.

“Honestly, I think you should go for it — get to know Cian more. Hint at it carefully and ask him what he thinks about it before dumping it all on him at once. Discuss it with Charlotte and maybe meet with the people that run the adoption, let them get to know you, so they know how you act around Cian and how he acts around you.” Mr Kim said to us, eyes twinkling as he glanced at Cian over in the other bed, sleeping soundlessly. “I think you’re good for the kid, he'll heal with you two, but here, he’s slowly suffering in silence.” Mr Kim stated then stood up. “I’m glad Tae has you by his side, Kook.” He told me then turned to Taehyung. “I’m happy you’re okay, son. Take care of, Kook. You need each other.” He said, then turned and walked out of the room, shutting the door gently behind him. Taehyung glanced at me.

“Do you wanna take a nap?” He whispered and I nodded. He got out of the bed and I looked at him in confusion as he pulled me to my feet and tugged my over to the bed Cian was sleeping in. “Look at him.” He said, softly and fondly. I gazed at Cian: his black, curly hair that fell over the silky, smooth skin of his forehead. His long, thick eyelashes that brushed his cheekbones and the freckles sprinkled across his cheeks. His thin, peachy lips formed into a cute smile. His eyes normally dark and blue, concealed by his closed eyelids. “He'll be our future son: I’ll put everything I am and will be into making it happen. And you and Cian will be my top priority from now on. Everyday, I’ll come and visit the orphanage. I’m stuck in your lives forever now and I’m never going away.” He told me and I smiled sheepishly.

“I would never want you too.” I said, honestly as I climbed in next to Cian, Taehyung walking around the side and snuggling up to Cian. Taehyung on one side, me on the other and Cian in between, I finally felt apart of a beautiful family. And I would fight with my whole life for this family. With Cian in my arms and Taehyung close enough that I could feel his warmth, I drifted off to sleep. That nap was the best nap I've ever had in years and when I was woken up, I was disappointed it had to end, but happy that I woke up to Taehyung — the love of my life and Cian — the missing puzzle piece in my world. This was my family.