THREE

Starry Night

Contains Swearing: Enjoy! (^-^) Btw, read the second chapter again because I rewrote that. I changed it so it fitted this chapter better. 

 

Kim Yugyeom

Second period passed relatively quickly and soon Jimin was running towards us with a huge smile on his face, with the others following after him. My mind went blank as soon as Bambam gave me a shy smile and Hoseok noticed because he nudged me, pursing his lips as he tried not to laugh. Now that Bambam and his friends had been added, there was fourteen of us in total. Jimin smiled wide — I noticed Taehyung hanging at the back of the group, his eyes warily wandering over our group.

“Hey, Yug.” Jimin exclaimed and I chuckled at him as he turned to every individual, saying a greeting. Jimin really was the Mochi, literally, even though he didn’t like to be called it, he still held the title. With pale pink hair drooping into his bright eyes, chubby cheeks and tiny hands. Yoongi stood there with his arms crossed, staring at Jimin and Jimin seemed to notice this as he smiled warmly at Yoongi. “Hi, Yoongs.” I could see Yoongi melting slowly at the nickname and his lips curved up slightly. Hoseok clapped him on the back.

“You’ve done it again, Jiminie: the great Min Yoongi has succumbed to your cute ways. We bow down to you.” Hoseok bowed for extra measure and Jimin giggled while Yoongi glared at Hoseok, who simply grinned devilishly. Taehyung cleared his throat from the back and I felt Jungkook stiffen beside me.

“As much as this is heart warming to see, can we go to the cafeteria? I’m starving.” Taehyung said and Jimin sighed outwardly with a small smile.

“You always did eat like a pig when we were younger.” He muttered and Taehyung stared at Jimin with a disbelieving look positioned in his eyes and opened his mouth.

“That was one time!” He protested and Jimin laughed as we walked out of the classroom and headed to the cafeteria, footsteps pounding against the floor. Jungkook’s hands were shaking for some reason and the person named Jin noticed as he put his arm around Jungkook’s shoulders. Jungkook was close with Jimin's group, but I don’t think he knew that Taehyung was sometimes apart of it as he was seen as the mysterious popular guy in the school. Him, Hoseok and Jimin were apart of the dance team — I wanted to join, but my parents told me I had to play rugby. (A/N: I’m from England, so rugby would be football and our definition of football is soccer in America and other countries. ) Even though they weren’t fully in my life, they still found a way to control it. Jin smiled at Jungkook, who gave a shaky yet thankful one in return.

“Am I missing something?” Hoseok asked and Jungkook giggled lightly: he was relaxing into Jin's grip and I knew he felt at home.

“Jinnie practically raised me.” He said and my smile dropped. The reason me and Jungkook were so close was because Jungkook’s parents were deceased and he lived in the orphanage a couple of minutes away. He had been crying in the park, underneath a huge tree when I had approached him and we had been friends ever since. Only a selected few knew about Jungkook’s living conditions and no one dared spread any rumours about it. Then it returned when Jungkook’s face lit up: he seemed to have momentarily forgotten Taehyung was with us and I could see Taehyung studying Jungkook in interest from the corner of my eye.

“Yep, he’s my son. A stubborn, headstrong, badass one by that, but my beautiful baby son. Isn’t that right Kookie?” He asked and Jungkook smiled, sheepishly.

“Sadly.” He muttered and Jin smacked his head — Jungkook yelped. “What the was that for?” He demanded and Jimin started to laugh at him as Jungkook pouted. “It’s not funny, Jiminie.” He murmured, sadly as he rubbed the back of his head, pout still etched on his lips. Jimin only started to laugh harder and Yoongi chuckled.

“Oh, God, it’s happening again. Yug, get the oxygen tank.” He told me and I laughed as Jimin rolled around on the floor, panting as he continued to laugh his lungs out.

“N-No, m-make it s-stop. I’m d-dying. H-Help!” He howled and Jungkook scowled down at him and Jimin pulled himself onto his elbows, still laughing like a maniac and grabbed Jungkook’s legs. Jin looked down and let go of Jungkook, walking to us and Jungkook struggled with Jimin, who was hanging off his leg. “H-Help m-me, K-Kookie!” He gasped and Jimin tugged Jungkook making him loose his balance and fall backwards, landing in a heap on the floor. He groaned in pain. Jimin started to laugh harder and Namjoon rushed forward to help Jungkook, pulling him to his feet as he hissed in pain. “N-No, J-Joon-H-Hyung. H-Help me.” He pleaded and Taehyung chuckled before approaching Jimin and crouching down beside him, tilting his head to the side slightly as he studied Jimin. A small smile crept onto his face as Jimin panted for air. I saw Jungkook freeze and Namjoon glanced at him in confusion, a frown pulling at his lips and I realised why. No one except me and Jungkook knew that he had a crush on Taehyung: it wasn’t healthy, but it was effective. Jungkook could rant to me about Taehyung while I listened quietly and he would know that I never would make fun of him. It was a win-win for both of us.

“Chim, stop laughing.” Taehyung stared at Jimin, intensely and Jimin looked at him with sparkly, tear-filled eyes from laughing so much, mouth hanging open slightly. “What am I going to do with you?” He shook his head and hoisted him up, putting his arm around Jimin waist and I saw Jungkook shrink back. Namjoon looked between Taehyung and Jungkook and understanding flashed in his irises and he squeezed Jungkook’s arm reassuringly. “Come on, we need to go to the nurse’s office. Jimin’s dying and I’m pretty sure Jungkook landed on his back funnily.” Jungkook lowered his gaze to the floor as we walked and Jimin’s occasionally bursts of huge laughter and pants the only thing in the awkward silence. Jin glanced at me and his lips pulled up.

“So, Yugyeom, Bambam told me that you saved him from the wrath of Edith ~”

“No, I didn’t. “ I interrupted him and stared ahead, sadly. “Edith was hurting him and I just stood there doing pretty much nothing. I knew how much he was hurting and I did nothing.” I glanced at Bambam. “I’m sorry; I wanted to do something — anything, but ...” I trailed off as the same awkward silence came back, only to break when Jungkook snorted. Everyone looked at him and he stared at me.

“Listen to me, Yuggie and listen to me real good. You helped Bambam, whether or not you think you did: you did nothing ... okay? What if you had done something? Bambam could have been even more hurt and the grudge on him stronger. What then? For her cronies to come after him even more of them before. For him to end up in hospital? For him to lay on the ground ... waiting for someone — anyone to come and find him and rescue him from the hell inside him?” He questioned, voice hoarse as he glared at the floor beneath our feet. “Sometimes doing nothing is okay, Yuggie. Sometimes the consequences are less than if you did. Don’t bring yourself down about it; there’s nothing you can do now and believe it or not you’ve done so much to help Bambammie already. Just ... don’t bring yourself down — it never eases your conscious.” Jungkook muttered and he glanced at me with a forced smile. I sighed as we arrived at the nurses office and the nurse looked up from her desk, raising an eyebrow — Jimin had suddenly stopped laughing during the speech Jungkook had given and I knew why. Something had happened to Jungkook — something bad and no one knew what, yet it was built up inside of him. Then the nurse noticed Jungkook and a smile lit up her slightly chubby face.

“Kookie, my dear, how are you, sweetie?” She asked and Jungkook slipped out of Namjoon’s grasp and walked over the nurse as she pulled him into a hug. He winced and the nurse pulled away relatively quickly, her face filled with worry then she sighed. “Back?” She questioned like she already knew the answer and Jungkook nodded. With another heaved sigh, she gestured for us to follow her into a separate room and told him to sit down. He obeyed silently and she looked at Jungkook quizzically. “Should they ...” She trailed off when Jungkook shook his head and she glanced at us as Jungkook’s cheeks tinted pink. “Alright, take off your shirt, sweetie.” She told him and he did as he was told, pulling the shirt over his head, shaking the hair from his eyes. I knew that Jungkook was already pretty muscular, so it was no surprise when he had a six pack chiselled into his stomach. We always did call him the muscle pig. Everyone’s mouth fell open and the nurse giggled at their faces. “Not used to seeing it, are you?” She teased and everyone shook their heads and I shrugged lightly. She smiled as Jungkook turned, but it dropped off her face as soon as she saw the scars lining his shoulder blades and the deep, dark bruises etching his skin. Jungkook shivered when she traced the scars and ran her fingers over the bruises.

“C-Can you just tend to them and then I — I can l-leave.” He said, his eyes trained on the floor and I went to sit next to him on the bed. He sighed in relief and rested his head on my shoulder, eyelids fluttering shut. He breathed in and out shakily. The nurse started to tend to the bruises on his back and she shook her head when she spotted a wound, dried with crusted blood. Jungkook whimpered in pain when the rubbing alcohol came into contact with the cut as she cleaned up the would and put a bandage around it. I ran my fingers through his hair and he relaxed slightly although he was still tense.

“It’s going to be alright.” I whispered and no later had I said that, the nurse announced she was done. No one spoke as we left the nurses office and I kind of felt bad for Jungkook. We turned to corner and Edith, the two girls before with ginger and brown hair and five buff males from upper years materialized in front of us. I gulped as Jungkook backed away slightly and Edith looked around at the group with a sadistic smile set on her face.

“Hey, guys.” She did another once over and her gaze landed on Jungkook. “Hey, Jungkook.” She smiled sweetly and a male leaned down and whispered something incoherent in her ear. Her smile widened if it was possible and her eyes sparkled when they landed on Jungkook. “Derek here tells me that you know him and his group; is that right?” She asked and I growled at her.

“Leave him alone, you sadistic, ugly .” I spat and her eyes burned with a light fire as she turned to look at me. She snapped her fingers and the male called Derek slid past her like a snake and was suddenly standing right in front of me. His bloodshot eyes were a muddy brown and all I could help but think was; Bambam’s are way more beautiful than yours will ever be. I shook off the thought as he grabbed the collar of my shirt and lifted me off the ground.

“No!” Jungkook screamed and he ran to me, pushing Derek and he fell backwards as he let me go and I landed on my feet, steadying myself. Derek crumpled to the floor and he groaned as he glared up at Jungkook, who was shaking like a leaf as he stared at the four others behind Edith and the duo. “D-Don't hurt him. H-He's the only person I have left.” Jungkook breathed and Derek got to his feet and was about to advance on Jungkook, who cowered back and backed into me. He shielded his face.

“Enough!” Taehyung said, loudly and my head whipped around to him. He was leaning against the wall, arms crossed against his chest and left foot resting on the concrete wall. Edith looked at him in shock and surprise: I’m pretty sure she hadn’t seen or realised Taehyung was there. “Move on before I make you and your friends regret even messing with me and those close to me.” He growled, pushing himself off the wall and coming to stand in front of Derek, getting in his face as he scowled, no traces of happiness in his face. It was terrifying. “Do I have to repeat myself?” He asked, voice dangerously low and Derek’s face flickered with fear before he put on his front then scowled, turning around and walking away, the four other males following behind him. Edith screamed in frustration.

“You stupid Kim. You’re all the same, goddammit!” She shouted, spinning on him and jerking out a finger, so it almost stabbed him in his chest. “You and your family are all the same, well ... half of them are, aren’t they? The others are in the ground where they belong.” She mused and Taehyung growled as Jimin darted forward.

“Why you little ~” He made to leap forward onto her, but Jimin held him back as he struggled. “You spoiled little brat! You’re just a who hides behind everyone.” He struggled more and Jin and another blonde male helped hold him, dragging him back as he continued to try and attack Edith. Edith’s smile dropped and she scowled deeply. “My family is none of your business — you speak one more word about them and I’ll have your head on a stick!” He shouted and she smirked.

“Good luck with that, Kim, you do that and you’ll join the little Kim in the ground along with your Eomma.” She stated then turned and walked away, the others following her, with buckets loads of grief, sadness and guilt written on their faces. I sighed and Taehyung roared in outrage as Edith flicked her blonde locks over her shoulder and turned the corner, the trio disappearing like they had come. Taehyung struggled more, but Jimin and the two others let him go and he momentarily blinked then turned around and punched the locker. His fists pounded against the harsh metal, his strong punches turning sloppy and weakened until he slid down onto the floor, head bowed down as he sniffled slightly. Jimin sighed and went to crouch beside Taehyung, about to pull him into a hug, but Taehyung got to his feet, looked over the group once, face hardening. Then he turned and strode in the opposite direction until he disappeared around the corner like the others had done. Jimin rubbed his temples like this had happened millions of times before in the past. I saw Jungkook’s mouth parted in surprise, eyes widened a fraction as he stared at the spot where Taehyung had taken out all his frustration on the locker.

“W-What was t-that a-about?” Hoseok whispered, voice stuttering and Jimin looked down at the floor as he spun around to face us. He ran a shaky hand through his ruffled, light pink hair.

“Taehyung’s been through things — I’ll leave it at that, but he has ... trust issues. He’ll tell you when he’s ready, okay? Plus, meeting you guys is obviously making him stressed and anxious and now that Edith is insulting his family, he snapped. Just let him have time.” Jimin explained and Jungkook nodded in understanding.

“We get it Jimin, after all, I didn’t tell you about my living conditions and the things I've been through until well after a year of us being friends. So, I understand.” He shrugged. “I just hope he knows that he’s not alone in this — whatever this is.” Jungkook said, speaking mostly to himself as we started walking again, but the bell rang, indicating the end of break and the start of the third period. Glancing around, I looked at the others then went to Bambam’s side.

“Thank you, Yugyeom, for saving me. I never did thank you, and you did great.” Bambam murmured as we separated from the group, walking to our own class. Jungkook waved goodbye and I smiled at him, doing the same, Bambam following my example. I thought I saw him staring at me with sparkling eyes. It’s just your imagination.

 

Kim Taehyung

Rounding the corner, I took a deep breath to steel the anger that built up inside me and threatened to burst. Edith — that no good son of a — I sighed and leant back against the wall, my head hitting the concrete hard. Not hard enough to cause any pain nor hard enough that the others simply a couple of feet away could hear.

“W-What was t-that a-about?” I heard someone ask, voice shaky. Of course it would be shaky, dummy, you just cracked in front of everyone; it’ll be weird if they weren’t afraid or worse. The inner voice inside my head whispered against my skull. Shut up, I sighed mentally, worried that if I did it aloud, they would all hear me.

“Taehyung’s been through things — I’ll leave it at that, but he has ... trust issues. He’ll tell you when he’s ready, okay? Plus, meeting you guys is obviously making him stressed and anxious and now that Edith is insulting his family, he snapped. Just let him have time.” Jimin explained to them why I had the sudden snap. He just spilled a secret: he’s no longer there for you — he’s not your real friend — you only have yourself. It hissed. I shivered against the warmness and coldness mixed into one, imprinting my skin. Jimin's not like that — he’s saying I have time — nothing’s been said. He’s my best friend; deal with it. I muttered to it — inside my head of course.

“We get it Jimin, after all, I didn’t tell you about my living conditions and the things I've been through until well after a year of us being friends. So, I understand. I just hope he knows that he’s not alone in this — whatever this is.” Jungkook said. My insides felt warm after that, my heart a little lighter. For once, the voice inside my head was silent and I breathed out slowly, so not to attract sudden attention. I heard their footsteps and I panicked, but, luckily the bell rang and I was safe from the horrors. My next class — third. I had my friends and Jimin in second, but that was it. I had noticed that Jungkook was in all of my class and usually sat at the back of the classroom, head buried in a book or at the start of the day, headphones were plugged in as he scribbled down things. Lyrics, poems or random thoughts no doubt as his head sometimes bobbed along to the artist/s singing in his ears. I admit, I had been staring slightly, but he never seemed to notice. I scowled as I strode to the next class, eyes wandering around the vast corridor.

By the time I arrived at the door, I was more than a minute late. See, no one would want a slacker like you. I blinked as I saw Jungkook in the back of the class, eyes trained outside of the window as the rain pattered against the windowpane. Everyone went silent as I walked into the classroom and Jungkook looked to the front for the lack of noise and a small smile made its way to his face as he waved slightly at me. I took a deep breath before taking a step forward and another, until I was by Jungkook’s desk and I tugged out the chair before sliding in next to him. He froze.

“Didn’t actually expect you to sit down.” He muttered and I glanced at him once, thinking that I had overstepped an invisible line between his comfort zone and the other side. However, a smile bloomed on his face as he relaxed. There was whispers everywhere, making me a little anxious and uncomfortable. “Hey, hey, it’s alright. Their voices and opinions don’t matter.” Jungkook’s intense stare landed on me and I gulped. “Focus on my voice instead,” He said, softly and I did as he was told. We could get used to this; I had to agree. You’re right. I whispered back and Jungkook smiled, placing his hand over mine and was about to pull away, but I carefully flipped his hand, so his palm was face up and intertwined our fingers. He tensed briefly then relaxed. More whispers and stares, followed by assumptions and the butterflies only got faster and heavier — almost painful.

“I heard what you and the others were talking about when I left.” I muttered and Jungkook didn’t looked fazed, rather turned to look at me with an irked eyebrow in my direction. I turned to look at him, keeping our hands locked together and he smiled. “I heard what you said and I want to thank you for being so understanding about the things I’m ~” He interrupted me.

“Tae, honestly it’s fine. You don’t need to thank me: you would do the exact same thing if I was talking about my living conditions to you. People have to learn that not everyone is the same as them and I really do hope you understand and realise that there are people standing behind you and supporting you — no matter what you’ve done or will do; they’ll always be there. Unless you kill someone — then you’re on your own.” He stated, and I stared at him, dumbfounded. He gave me a cheeky smirk and I started to laugh, my spirts rising higher when he giggled too. The teacher sighed from the front of the room, walking to the board and writing down tasks to do. Then, she turned around and put her hands on her hips, leaning on one leg as she surveyed the classroom; head tilting when she saw me and Jungkook sitting next to each other — I even thought I saw a little smile poking at the edges of her lips.

“In this lesson, we will go outside and you will work with a partner of your choosing. The task will be this: you will find different sources of nature and make an art piece of those things you pick. After that, you will write an essay of sorts of why you picked the art design and colours and so on, to the class. We will work on these until in three weeks time; that will be when you present your work to your classmates.” She explained the lesson then looked around, eyes glittering as she next spoke. “Partner up, guys.” She stated, spreading her arms wide and I turned to Jungkook.

“Do you mind ... being my partner?” I asked as I saw others looking in our direction: no doubt considering asking either one of us to be their partners. Jungkook nodded with a soft smile.

“I would love too.” He said and I grinned. When everyone was ready and partnered up, we left the room and the building, going outside. Jungkook immediately grabbed my wrist and dragged me to a tree, eyes sparkling with wonder. His hand slid into mine and I tried to hide my small smile — Jungkook hadn’t seemed to have noticed what he had done.

“I think incorporating a leaf or piece of the tree into our project would be creative.” I tilted my head as he began to explain, turning to look at me as he jumped up and down in excitement. So adorable. I grinned. “The tree had roots, right? Roots that can connect to other things like ... family, friends, work, life. But there are other types of trees like the ones where they are conjoined with others: one simply cut in one could cause all the others to fall. This could symbolise unity and togetherness. Leaves fall from trees but they eventually bloom again, right? That could symbolise growth as in whenever something falls, that paves way for new things. There are so many things that trees and leaves could mean and symbolize. You could say that trees are heavily relied on by living organisms and are the only reason that they are able to survive. You could say that without trees, we would all die — it’s a survival system in a way: but a living one.” Jungkook explained. I processed that for a moment.

“Wow ...” I whispered, staring at Jungkook, who blushed and looked down. He opened his mouth. “I like that idea a lot. Is there any other things that you would like to do?” I asked and Jungkook glanced up with a grin and began tugging me into a different direction. We passed many students, who looked down at our joined hands and started whispering to their partners. Neither me nor Jungkook seemed to care as he halted to a stop in front of a row of flowers. I narrowed my eyes at them. “What’s so special about these flowers? Not that I don’t care: I do; I like hearing about what it means and hearing your voice. I just ... why these flowers and not something else?” I added, hastily, not thinking. Jungkook blushed bright red when I spoke. Duh, dummy, you just said you liked hearing his voice. My ears went red at that thought and my eyes frantically searched the flowers, trying to occupy my mind as Jungkook cleared his throat.

“Um, well, flowers also could show growth, but also perseverance, I guess? Sometimes, insects or little children could pick off a petal, slowly taking away something of them. The fact that they are still able to stand even though something is missing from them, is definitely pushing through hard times. It could also show beauty in the fact that flowers are beautiful. People associate flowers with love on Valentine’s day as people give it to the ones they are in love with. Or back in ancient times, flowers were normally paired with beauty and people wore them to show off their stunning features. Just like the tree, unity is something it can show, but also self-love ... kind of. See, one flower looks beautiful on its own, right? But when you let go off it and let it join with others, the bouquet becomes even more gorgeous then before. You may find comfort in others, but also find comfort and love your looks, personality, things like that. All of nature is beautiful ... you just have to learn to cherish it.” Jungkook shrugged and I stared at him, the hand he was holding feeling warm in his grip.

“We are definitely getting an A.” I muttered then when he looked at me with an irked eyebrow and cute head tilt, I began to explain. “You see the world in ways not a lot of people could, Jungkook, that’s one of the things I lo ... like about you.” Jungkook’s eyes widened and his mouth fell open slightly. “You see things the ways I wish I could, but that’s the thing ... you don’t care. You don’t care if I see the world in black and white or grey and blue — heck, you wouldn’t care if I didn’t see the world at all. You’re kind and beautiful and nice; you see past the mental and physical scars and love them for who they are. I admire you, Jeon Jungkook, and I think everyone around you should too.” My voice came to a whisper as I glanced down at his tongue that darted across his lower lip, nervously. Kiss him already, God dammit. My mind screamed at me. Here goes. I shouted back as I tugged Jungkook closer to me, closing my eyes as our lips connected in a rush. Jungkook gripped my shirt as our lips moved as one, his hands sliding up my chest and too my hair, fingers twisting in the strands. My own hands fell to his waist and I rubbed a continuous circle in his skin as he shivered at my touch. I pulled away and rested my forehead against his. “I like you, Jeon Jungkook, and everyone around you should too.” I said, drawing him back into another slow kiss. We were cut off from the rest of the world, a tree blocking their view of us. Good. Both voices in my head murmured and I relaxed into Jungkook’s warmth.

 

Bambam

Yugyeom and I walked to third and slid into our seats, beside each other of course. Now that Edith had come for the second time, Yugyeom was even closer than he was before, covering me like he was scared I couldn’t fend for myself. He’s not really wrong. Edith was in our class and she was glaring at me as Yugyeom shuffled slightly, wincing then he gave up and sighed in annoyance.

“These chairs are so uncomfortable.” He whined, shuffling in his chair more and I smirked as he groaned. “Stop laughing at me.” He grumbled and I shook my head as I actually began to laugh at his childish behaviour. He pouted, crossing his arms across his chest and I grinned, lazily. “I hate you.” He stated.

“Come on, I know you love me ...” I sung and he glared at me. I winked. “To soon?” I asked and he blushed slightly, hiding his face to save his embarrassment. I laughed again as the teacher walked in, cup of coffee clutched in his hand. He certainly needed it as there was dark marks underneath his eyes and he kept blinking furiously as if willing away the exhaustion.

“Alright, today you are going too ...” His voice drained on and on.

Time Skip

People started whispering when Yugyeom was standing outside of the classroom, a slight sheen of sweat under his eyes as if he had run all the way here. I sighed, shaking my head.

“What do you think he’s doing here?”

“Most likely picking up his girlfriend; people say he has one, you know?”

“No, I don’t think so, but he’s here for someone.”

“Who do you think it is?”

“Obviously not you, dummy.”

“Oh, shut up, moron.”

I scoffed as I walked out of the classroom and Yugyeom walked over to me. He pulled me into a hug and I could see the worry sparkling in his eyes. Someone gasped and I rolled my eyes at whoever it was. Yugyeom’s breath tickled my ear.

“I’m so glad I ran here.” He muttered and I laughed, pulling away, raising a sceptical eyebrow at him as he tilted his head to the side.

“You ran all the way here?” I questioned and he nodded, giving me a weird look. I sighed. “You didn’t have to run here, Yug, I could have taken care of myself while you were gone.” I told him, putting my hand on my hips. He reached up and ran his fingertips along my jaw then upwards as he hooked a piece of my hair and tucked it behind my ear. I glanced up at him as he stared at me, fondly.

“I know. But, being here with you and making sure you don’t get hurt eases my conscious. Plus, I like hanging out with you: you’re my friend.” He told me. Friend? Oh, right ... yeah — friend. Nothing more! I smiled as I put my hand over his: the one caressing my cheek and I giggled, quietly.

“My prince,” I whispered, teasingly and he laughed. “But, really, thank you, Yuggie, I don’t know what I would do if you hadn’t been there.” I told him with soft , lazy smile and he grinned, eyes lighting up. He really is handsome. Yugyeom had that soft light aura to him that radiated a calm energy. No wonder so many people like him. He was funny, kind and amazing at pretty much everything he did. He had deep, dark hazel eyes with long, thick black eyelashes that girls would kill for. Raven-black hair fell into his eyes and he had rosy cheeks and peachy lips. He was wearing tight, blue, ripped jeans with a long sleeved shirt and jean jacket thrown over the top. Even then, he looked gorgeous. What have I gotten myself into?I questioned myself.

“Anything for you, honey-bear.” He teased with a wink in my direction and I rolled my eyes as we began walking to the canteen. (A/N: Canteen is the Cafeteria btw) As soon as we entered there was yelling and shouting, followed by a thump and a roar of outrage. I looked around and grabbed Yugyeom’s wrist, dragging him to where the commotion was. Jungkook was clutching his cheek, blood dripping down the side of his lip as Taehyung stood in front of him, back to Jungkook as he stared at the five males from before and Edith. The two before had gone and I saw them from the corner of my eye, staring at the scene sadly from where they sat at the other end of the canteen. I glanced at Edith. Does she ever go away?

“Where is he?” I didn’t need someone to spell it out for me to know she was talking about Yugyeom.

Flashback: Third Person

Before Yugyeom and Bambam entered the canteen, the other twelve in the group were sitting at a table. They had to pull in extra chairs so everyone could sit down and they were relatively close to each other as there was only space for eight people. Taehyung sat close to Jungkook and Jungkook did the same to Taehyung. Jimin eyed them thoughtfully.

“Has something happened between you two?” He asked and Jungkook and Taehyung glanced at each other. Jungkook raised an eyebrow and Taehyung nodded, signalling that it was okay to tell them what had happened. Jungkook looked around the table and sighed.

“We’ll tell you about it when Yuggie and Bambammie get here.” He told the others and they nodded in agreement, waiting for Bambam and Yugyeom to get there before spilling any secrets. Hoseok's foot tapped against the floor, fingers intertwining with each other’s as they waited patiently.

“Well, what do we have here? Waiting for someone?” Edith questioned, flicking her hair over her shoulder with a sly smile and Jungkook scowled at her.

“Go away, Edith.” He growled and Edith smiled slightly, evilly and the males from earlier materialized behind her, scowls and frowns permanently etched into their features. Taehyung got up as one of them looked at Jungkook with a hungry look in his eyes. “I said, go away, Edith; have you lost your hearing or what?” Jungkook asked, standing and grabbing Taehyung’s wrist when he tried to jump forward when two of them whispered to each other then looked at Jungkook. The rest of Jungkook’s and Taehyung’s group got up and stood behind the duo, wavering between starting a fight or trying to break it up when it did happen. And they all had a feeling it was going to happen: if not now then at least soon.

“Oh, I just came to see if Yugyeom was here.” She explained with a cheery tone, but her face said the otherwise. She looked angry. “Since he's not here and didn’t heed my warnings I’ll show him what happens when he disobeys and ignores me.” She muttered to herself then nodded at one of the males, who walked forward and glanced around, eyes falling on Jungkook. He gulped in fear as the male brought up his fist and pulled it back, snapping it forward and it connected with the edge of his lips and cheek, his lower lip splitting open as blood dribbled down his chin. Jungkook closed his eyes and whimpered in pain as Taehyung roared in rage. Bambam rushed into view, pulling a very confused Yugyeom by the wrist behind him. His face morphed into shock and horror.

“Where is he?” That’s when it hit Yugyeom full force: no one was safe in his group from Edith. He needed to get rid of her and get rid of her fast.

End of the Flashback: Bambam

Taehyung leap at the male who had hit Jungkook and Jungkook screamed his name, drawing others attention. They started to crowd around, chanting the word ‘fight’ over and over again as Taehyung got flipped over and pushed on the ground. Jungkook ran up to the male and tried to push him off Taehyung, but the male simply pushed Jungkook away, making Jungkook fall down and hit his head on the table, hard. He didn’t move.

“Jungkook!” Yugyeom shouted as he ran to Jungkook’s aid, feeling his pulse as Taehyung wrestled with the male now sitting on top of him. He managed to flip them over and started to punch everywhere he could reach. Yugyeom looked up in relief and he nodded to me and I sighed, holding my chest. Edith looked around, seeing that her comrades were outnumbered and that Taehyung was beating the living daylights out of the male underneath him and she turned and fled the scene. The male laughed and spat blood out, spraying all over Taehyung’s face, who growled.

“You little ; I’ll kill you, you ~”

“Break it up, break it up!” A teacher shouted and pushed through the crowd. Taehyung jumped off the male and rushed to Jungkook’s side, sliding next to him and his hands frantically searched for a pulse.

“He’s fine, Taehyung, he’s okay.” Yugyeom whispered and Taehyung’s eyes darted over Jungkook’s face before he lowered his forehead onto Jungkook’s chest, arms circling his waist. Jungkook stirred, slightly.

“Tae ...” He mumbled then started to cough, eyelids fluttering shut as his lips quivered. “Tae, I can’t breathe — m-my head h-hurts.” He whispered, breathing getting more rapid. Taehyung looked around, frantic for help.

“Help him! Call an ambulance: someone!” Taehyung screamed, voice cracking at the end as he looked down at Jungkook and whispered the last part: whispered someone. Jungkook raised his hand, weakly and searched the air until Taehyung connected their hands and intertwined their fingers — Jungkook smiled, softly.

“The ambulance will be here soon: he'll be alright.” The teacher from before said, placing a hand on Taehyung’s shoulder and Taehyung nodded, staring at Jungkook.

“I hope so." He muttered.

Time Skip (AGAIN)

Jungkook was put onto a stretcher and wheeled out of the canteen, everyone following him outside, waiting to hear anything. They wheeled him to the door of the van, the paramedic explaining what had happened.

“It looks like he has a concussion; he must have hit his head on something hard when he went down. We won’t know for sure until we get there what’s really going on with his head, so you guys can wait here while we take Jungkook to the hospital, okay? He’ll be open for visiting hours by the time you’ve finished school if nothing is wrong.” He told us as they loaded Jungkook into the ambulance.

“I'm coming with him.” Taehyung said and I looked at him in surprise. I had never seen him look at anyone the way he had looked at Jungkook when he was being loaded. The paramedic shook his head, sadly, face apologetic.

“I'm sorry: only family are allowed ~”

“I’m his boyfriend.” Taehyung stated, face going hard. “I have a right to see whether or not the love of my life will die in that ambulance or at the hospital, right? So, it’s either you take me with you or I sue your whole entire hospital.” Taehyung crossed his arms as everyone gaped at him. When the paramedic didn’t budge, Taehyung’s face turned pleading. “Please, you have to understand.” He took a step forward and lowered his voice, so only our group and the paramedic could hear. “My brother and Eomma died in an ambulance similar to this and I wasn’t there for their final words. I’ve hated myself for it ever since: please, don’t make me do the same for Jungkook. He’s ... he’s my everything right now.” Taehyung said and the paramedics eyes softened slightly and he gestured with his chin to inside the vehicle.

“Go on: get in.” He said and Taehyung smiled gratefully at him before climbing in and sitting next to Jungkook, immediately joining their hands and leaning forward to place a kiss on his forehead. The paramedic closed the car door and climbed into the vehicle as it roared to life, then pulled out of the parking lot. It disappeared behind the corner and Hoseok turned to us, eyebrows shooting to his hairline.

“When the hell did they get together?” He screeched and I chuckled, glancing at Yugyeom before looking at Hoseok with a shrug.

“Love's a mysterious thing, my friend.” I said and patted his shoulder before looking into the distance, at the corner the ambulance had disappeared behind. “I just hope Jungkook will be alright.” I muttered and they all nodded in agreement. You better be alright, Jeon.

These are long updates compared to the first one and I hope you’re enjoying the story. I know a lot has happened so far and it’s quite hard to wrap your head around, but ... I hope you liked it!

— E —