Ep. 2

Produce X 101 Debut Analysis - Ep.11

5. Kim Minkyu (Jellyfish Entertainment) 10-5

Mingyu's rankings have been fluctuating a lot as he fell to rank 10 in the last announcement. However, he bounced back to 5th place, which shows that he has a good pool of OPs. the biggest problem with Minkyu is that he lacks a lot in skill and ability. He has a good visual, and an idol group definitely needs a good visual. However, with Wooseok basically forsure making it in, Minkyu's position as the visual might be dangered. In the previous episodes, his hardworking-ness have been one of the traits of his fans, but we see that he is still lacking during stages. He currently lacks a storyline and concept from ajy, and it is hurting him as he doesn't have a lot to show except that he is trying his best. He has been a controversial character as he was the icon of "visual but not talented" which was basically the conception people had of this season. His rankings show that he has a lot of OPs, and with that in mind, he probably will debut in the lower ranks. 

6. Cho Seungyoon (Yuehua Entertainment) 17-6

With the recent huge benefit, Seungyoon has rised into the debut cutline successfully. However, without the benefit, his TPs is not in the top10. In addition to that, his previous votes are so low that he is in no contention for the X-factor as well. He flew up the rankings only this episode, with his performance for Move. He was also the MC of the athletic portion but the editing wasn't as great as previous episodes, and it wasn't a good edit to help him boost his fandom. We see that he has a relatively small fandom, with his lack of CP and screentime in the beginning. He is the icon of a selfcompany, where he literally had to gain all the concepts and screentime by himself as he was too funny to be edited out. We see that his personality goes well with everyone, and that he is also extremely talented ability-wise. His steady vocals and dance will be appreciated if he makes it, but from what we see from the fandom size, it is not likely that he will make it unless he makes center of the piece and suddenly gain a lot of fans after Friday's episode. 

7. Nam Dohyun (MBK Entertainment) 7-7

Dohyun's rankings have been very stable, probably the most stable among the trainees who are trying to get into the debut cutline (aka without the 2kims). It could be treated as safe or dangerous as he doesn't really have any storyline to gain more fans, or everyone thinks that he is safe so there would be a decrease in OP. However, as his rapping skills are one of the tops in this season, he will make it in the middle ranks during the final. He also has a bunch of TP with labelmate Hangyul, thus that might be a bit dangerous as people might lean to vote for Hangyul instead of him during the OP season. However, Dohyun is also in contention for the X position in the worst case that he doesn't make it into the top 10. He has been in the top circle for the entire season except for the 1st round, which is still not too bad (37th). We see that his ranking even without benefits has been stable, fluctuating only 1/2 positions of his final ranks, thus he should have a decent amount of fanbase, which will let him debut. 

8. Song Hyeong Jun (Starship Entertainment) 4-8

Hyeongjun has been in a few controversies since the program started, but he has been in the top10 everytime. It has always been said that he is the ajy pick of the season, and he will definitely debut. He has been one of the few that got a character since the first episode, where he became the star of the X class, and gained a large fanbase then. However, his cries on the program has gathered a lot of hate at the same time. His constant crying has been one of the black marks in a lot of netizens minds, and in the most recent episode, he cried again. It could be good and bad, good that his OP will definitely vote for him, bad as he might not be able to gain as much fans as others can fo the last episode. Considering his current position, he has 3 other labelmates still in the game, which could highly affect the TP and OP results. Therefore, I think the currently TP results for all 4 Starship trainees are not too accurate but we can view that as a reference. Although that is not too accurate in the whole picture, we can see that Hyeongjun is definitely one of the popular ones in Starship and he will make it through the cutline with his fanbase. He is also one of those who have a good ability in the younger trainees, which will definitely be a plus to the debut team.