Of Plans and Happy Accidents

Tongue Tied (please send help)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hold up, I just realized something…” Lisa says as she holds her book up upside down, trying to cover her face as she watches Jisoo and Jennie from a distance.

 

“You ed Jisoo!” Lisa whisper yells at the petite girl beside her.

 

“I didn’t!” Dahyun denies as she continues to tap on the table with her pencil, trying to figure out the beat for her composition, “Jisoo unnie looked like she was about to faint if I didn’t get her out of that, and Yeri had the sauce with her— we had to make the most out of it!”

 

Lisa sighs. Dahyun is right, and honestly her quick thinking is probably the United Nations’ best bet at this point if they wanted to get Jisoo and Jennie, (or Jensoo as Yeri called their ship) together. The two have been dancing around each other for months now and even Wendy and Irene are (surprisingly) moving faster than those two. 

 

“True… But she’s such a coward, dammit,” Lisa replies, frustrated as she watches Jennie and Jisoo from afar.

 

The two girls are huddled up much too closely for it to even look relatively platonic. Or at least, that’s how it looks if you have a working gaydar. Jisoo’s silently answering some sort of worksheet that Lisa’s sure she could ace if she weren’t so dead set on pretending that she didn’t know how to speak English while Jennie’s staring up at her with honey eyes. She’s even biting her lip, for goodness’ sake, and Jisoo still doesn’t notice the very obvious signs.

 

Lisa knows the rumors. Jennie’s not a bully, but she’s not exactly that nice either. If Irene Bae is the ice queen of the campus, then Jennie Kim is the fire queen. She’s known to be extremely up front, and spits out words that leave grown men crying. Lisa also knows that the rumors are exaggerated, especially since she seems to attract those kinds of guys that stop at nothing until they hear the word yes. It’s like no doesn’t exist in their vocabulary, and Lisa can understand why Jennie always makes herself appear so intimidating. It’s a defense mechanism more than anything.

 

Lisa’s shocked that Jisoo’s completely oblivious to these rumors when she asked a few weeks back. The oblivious girl doesn’t even notice the jaws dropping around her whenever Jennie’s gummy smile comes out when she cracks a lame joke, or any time really, as long as Jisoo’s there. She doesn’t notice just how soft Jennie is around her, and its frustrating the Thai girl to no end.

 

When Lisa emerges from her sea of thoughts, she catches Jennie pronouncing the beginning of worcestershire. Jisoo seems to be in a daze, her eyes solely focused on Jennie’s lips. The Thai girl almost throws her book towards the oblivious couple, until someone stands in front of her.

 

“Hey, um, you’re Lisa, right?” The friendly looking girl asks in a library appropriate volume, something not a lot of people do these days. 

 

When Lisa finally recognizes who’s talking to her, she almost makes a mad dash out of the library. And no, it’s not because she’s as useless as Jisoo, she’s… she’s just not ready for this. She’s not ready for Rosé Park in all her crop top glory to be talking to her in a library when she just wants to scream at how good the cheerleader looks right now.

 

Okay, maybe she is just as useless as her best friend.

 

Luckily her attempt at being the university’s next track star is stopped when Dahyun squeezes her knee from under the table, sending her an encouraging smile.

 

You can do it! Lisa can practically hear Dahyun’s words.

 

“Y-yeah, that’s me!” Lisa manages to say. Dahyun grins happily at the Thai girl.

 

“Great!” Rosé says a bit too loudly, awkwardly even, “Um… This is weird, but can I borrow you for a second? It’ll be really quick.”

 

Borrow? You can take me anytime. Lisa snorts at her own thoughts. Maybe if she were as confident as Yeri, or as good looking as Tzuyu, she’d drop that kind of line. But she’s really not that kind of person. She’s just a dork who likes to dance.

 

“What?” Rosé looks stunned, for some strange reason. Lisa also realizes that Dahyun looks just as paralyzed as the cheerleader.

 

“What?” Lisa responds, clueless. The gears in her head turn slowly.

 

“I— I said that out loud, didn’t I?” Lisa knows her face is just about as red as a tomato right now. Rosé is looking away, sporting cheeks with the same color as her name, and Dahyun suddenly clears .

 

“Is— Is- Is that a baguette!? I have to go!” Dahyun nearly yells as she stands, the chair creaking noisily as the baguette-sized girl runs away with a messy stack of paper in her arms.

 

“Dahyun, wait—!”

 

 

 

“Tzuyu...”

 

“Tzuyu-ah,” She tries again. Tzuyu moves to sit further away from her.

 

“Tzuyu-ah, unnie loves you,” She plops beside the Taiwanese on the bed.

 

Tzuyu crosses her arms and huffs. She has to try another strategy.

 

“Tzuyu-ah, I have sugar cookies just for you,” She offers her a box, knowing that this would happen. The Taiwanese looks at the box being handed over to her, and sends a weak glare before grabbing the whole thing for herself.

 

“Was it because of Dahyun?” The Korean asks as Tzuyu opens the box and bites into a sugar cookie.

 

The Taiwanese shakes her head.

 

“What is it, then?”

 

“Why was I removed from group chat?” Tzuyu mumbles, looking like a kicked puppy, “Am I not your friend anymore?”

 

A pang of guilt washes over Jisoo, and she feels like the worst unnie in the world as she sees Tzuyu’s tears building up from the corners of her eyes. 

 

“Tzuyu-ah, it’s not like that,” She says gently, moving to envelop the Taiwanese in an embrace.

 

“You even replied to my pictures late…” Tzuyu sniffles, and if she didn’t look so heartbroken, Jisoo would’ve cooed at her cute dongsaeng.

 

“Yeri kicked you out of the chat because we kind of… interrogated Sana the other day," Jisoo says, gauging Tzuyu's reaction.

 

Tzuyu simply nods.

 

"You're not mad?" The Korean asks, watching as Tzuyu sets the box of cookies aside.

 

"We aren't dating, and you saw what happened in the library… I understand, unnie," Tzuyu folds her hands in front of herself as she straightens her back.

 

"Do you like her?"

 

Tzuyu pauses for a moment before snuggling closer to Jisoo, resting her head on the shorter girl's shoulder despite the discomfort due to their height difference.

 

"I like her a lot,” Tzuyu says with a small smile, “You like Jennie a lot too,” She adds, a small mischievous smirk lighting up her features.

 

“You little—!” Jisoo abruptly ends their embrace, trying to keep a stern expression, “I mean, you not-so-little punk!” The older huffs crossing her arms. The Taiwanese’s eyes shine in amusement.

 

“And here I thought you really felt bad about being left out!” Jiso gets up from the bed with a pout on her face, “I even got you cookies!”

 

“Thank you for feeding me, unnie,” Tzuyu says cutely with a small bow, and that nearly sets Jisoo off course until she realizes something.

 

“What’re you up to?” Jisoo asks, tapping her foot impatiently.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about…” The younger says, and if Jisoo didn’t realize that Tzuyu was acting earlier, maybe she would’ve fallen for this too.

 

“You have five seconds to tell me what it is,” Jisoo stands her ground.

 

“Five,” Jisoo begins counting down.

 

“Four.”

 

“Three,” The Korean raises her brow. 

 

It doesn’t seem to affect the Taiwanese.

 

“Two...” Jisoo hesitates. She doesn’t actually know what she’s going to do if Tzuyu doesn’t say anything. 

 

“One.”

 

As if on cue, the door suddenly bursts open.

 

“G’day, mate!” A loud voice bellows. Jisoo’s sure that she’s never heard anyone sound so Austrailian in her life. 

 

When Jisoo whips her head to see who had barged into Tzuyu’s dorm room, darkness suddenly surrounds her and strong arms keep her from moving.

 

“Yo, what the —!” Jisoo panics in English, cursing with such a colorful vocabulary that leaves the Australian shocked.

 

“Wait, you speak English?” The voice asks in the same language. Jisoo recognizes it as Rosé’s voice.

 

Wait… When the Korean’s mind finally processes the information, another voice yells, followed by heavy footsteps and more yelling.

 

“That’s not important now!”

 

“JUST GET HER!” 

 

SMACK!

 

 

“Oh she dead!” Lisa hollers as Jisoo’s form crumples. Seulgi struggles to hold onto Jisoo’s body and accidentally drops her to the floor. Rosé gasps worriedly, and bends down to check if Jisoo’s alright.

 

“I’m sorry,” Rosé apologizes to Jisoo’s unconscious form before standing up, “I’m never gonna greet anyone like that again.”

 

“I can’t believe that worked…” Dahyun says, a torn baguette in hand as she stares at the deadly weapon used to render the Korean unconscious. The rest of the broken baguette is on the ground. Yeri blinks twice.

 

“Remind me to never get in a fight with you,” Yeri says and slowly backs away from the girl everyone once considered cute and harmless. Sana moves to hide behind Tzuyu as well.

 

“Babe, where do we hide the body?” Joy asks as she wraps her arms around Seulgi’s waist. The conscious Korean shrugs, staring at her fellow Korean’s unconscious form.

 

“I still can’t believe you two are dating and none of us noticed,” Sana huffs as she watches Joy and Seulgi be disgusting, “I expect full details later!” She demands and Tzuyu sighs.

 

“I don’t think you’d want that,” Seulgi mumbles under her breath, her cheeks reddening. Joy chuckles lowly from behind her as she steals a kiss from the shorter girl.

 

“Why are we doing this again?” The Taiwanese decides to ask, shifting everyone’s attention elsewhere while trying to conceal her concern for her unconscious unnie.

 

“For the useless lesbians,” Nayeon pipes up as she props Jisoo’s body up to rest against the foot of the bed, “For the ship that should be sailing faster than any of your ships,” Nayeon sticks her tongue out teasingly at Joy and Seulgi.

 

“I can understand you’re jealous Nayeon, but playing cupid won’t get you a girl,” Joy shoots a mischievous grin towards the older.

 

“I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter