The Gay Panic

Tongue Tied (please send help)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dammit,” Jisoo curses under her breath as she stares at the exam paper in her hand. 

 

Jisoo frustratedly berates herself, muttering incoherent words. Just because she knows how to speak English dosen’t mean that she shouldn’t have studied for the exams. What was she thinking? The Korean sighs, frustrated with herself. Sure Jisoo didn’t care about having a perfect grade all the time like Wendy, but it didn’t mean that she’s fine with having rock bottom marks either.

 

She shakes her head, folding the paper in half and stuffing it in her notebook.

 

“Do you need help?” A voice asks in Korean. Jisoo turns head to see a girl much too cute to be wearing a black leather jacket, of all things. For some reason, it works anyway.

 

“Uhh—” Jisoo replies dumbly, not exactly sure what the cute girl’s referring to.

 

“With English, I mean,” The cute girl shrugs, looking apologetic, “Sorry, I kind of saw your marks before you kept it away.”

 

“It— it’s fine,” Jisoo stutters, looking away from the girl’s cat-like eyes. If the girl wasn’t insisting to teach her English, Jisoo thinks that she’d be pretty intimidated by her looks alone.

 

“Come on, I know English is a bit hard to grasp at first, but I can help!” The cute girl says and nudges Jisoo, handing her phone.

 

“Uhh…”

 

“Just put your number, and I’ll send you my schedule so we can set something up, ” She says all too nicely and Jisoo’s fingers automatically move to type in her digits.

 

“I’ll help you, I know how hard it is to be in a place where there’s no one that can really understand you…” The cute girl trails off. As much as Jisoo would like to protest, she realizes it’s a bit too late for that when she finishes typing her number in.

 

“Oh, um,” The cute girl pauses, “I’m Jennie, by the way,” Jennie introduces herself as soon as she receives her phone. 

 

“I’m…” Jisoo’s brain attempts to process the information she’s received, but when she moves to look at the cute girl with a really cute name, her brain fails her again.

 

“I’m cute.” Jisoo says stupidly. “Wait, no, I mean y-you’re cute!” Jisoo yells instead. Jennie’s smile widens.

 

“Oh yeah, I-I’m Ji— Jisoo!” She panics. Jennie’s gummy smile never leaves.

 

“I’ll guess see you around then, cutie,” Jennie says in English, winks, and quickly saunters off.

 

Jisoo’s jaw drops, completely understanding Jennie’s last words.

 

“I’m cute?!”

 

 

“What’s the situation, Miss Korea?” Lisa asks in a serious tone.

 

Right after Jisoo’s encounter with Jennie, the girl that’s literally too cute and too kind to even be real, the Korean had called on her friends: the United Nations. 

 

Or, at least, that’s what her idiot of a friend, Lisa, calls their group by.

 

It’s pretty appropriate though, as almost everyone in their little group comes from different places, so Jisoo doesn’t pay much attention to the dumb name.

 

“I have a name, Lalisa,” Jisoo quips, and Lisa visibly cringes.

 

“Who the heck is Lalisa? Miss Korea, inappropriate behavior will get you nowhere here!” Lisa shoots back. Beside her, Tzuyu sighs as she silently looks on.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter