Don't Know What To Do (Epilogue)

Tongue Tied (please send help)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

4/4 of Tongue Tied Side Stories

(If you haven’t read Tongue Tied Side Stories 1-3, you may encounter spoilers! Although, you can read this without reading the side stories, i'd highly recommend you do to get the context of some stuff.)

 

Anyway, sorry for taking a while on this one. I’ve been busy and terribly uninspired until Feel Special (ft. Umpah umpah) just smacked me in the head with inspiration and those wholesome feels :’) I was contemplating on whether this should be put in as a new fic, but it's mostly just an epilogue so I decided against it. 

 

But anyway, even though they won’t see this, this is dedicated to my gang from back in high school. As cheesy as it is, they make me feel special despite the chaos they (we) cause whenever we're together. May you guys continue to be shamelessly yourselves as I collect the evidence on my phone. :’)
 

“There! Did you see that!?” Lisa practically yells, “There’s literally stars in her eyes!” The Thai girl nudges Rosé repeatedly, cooing at the sight of a very clingy Jennie holding onto Jisoo’s arm with both of her own as the younger of the couple stares lovingly into Jisoo’s eyes.

 

“I knooow!” Rosé gushes with her, “Ugh, the way they look at each other!”

 

Lisa and Rosé continue to walk, with the former snapping about a hundred pictures of Jennie and Jisoo on her phone, involuntarily squeezing Rosé’s hand in the process. Honestly the Thai girl didn’t think she’d be so invested in her best friend’s love life, but she can’t help it. They’re just too cute for her not to.

 

“We’re cuter, though,” Lisa quips as she takes a quick picture of Jennie adjusting Jisoo’s fringe.

 

“I guess so…” Rosé pauses as she looks at the couple, “But they get to wear high heeled boots and platforms together without looking like the twin towers!” Rosé frowns, noting the significant height difference between them.

 

“We’re right here, you know,” Jennie says, frowning at Rosé as she withdraws her hand from Jisoo’s hair. They’re not very far behind Lisa and Rosé as they walk down the halls, it’s just that the two have large strides and Jennie won’t admit to the fact that she and Jisoo have been struggling to keep up. She also won’t admit that she may have been even clingier with Jisoo because she was getting tired.

 

“We know,” Lisa says, “How’s the weather down there, by the way?” She follows up with a teasing snicker. Jisoo holds Jennie’s hand tightly.

 

“Lisa, are you trying to get yourself killed?” Jisoo warns as she brings Jennie closer to her. Lisa doesn’t feel threatened at all, but Rosé knows better and nudges her girlfriend to warn her.

 

“You can’t kill me if you can’t catch me and my long legs!” Lisa yells like a drunkard and power walks away with Rosé in wide strides. Rosé quickly changes pace, however and screams, running away like a madman.

 

“Rosie, wait! Why are you running?!” Lisa screams, suddenly panicked at her girlfriend’s actions.

 

Rosé turns into a corner, disappearing from view while Jennie s her expensive handbag towards Jisoo.

 

“Hold my Chanel.” 

 

Jisoo can only nod as she watches her Jendeukie quickly catch up to Lisa’s speed. Jennie is in a cute dress and heels, and Lisa looks like she regrets all of the decisions she’s made that led to this very moment.

 

Jisoo helplessly leans on the wall, sighing dreamily as she watches Jennie smack Lisa to the ground.

 

She’s so in love.

 

 

 

“Hey Jennie,” Rosé manages to say in between her chews a week later, ignoring the pointed glare Irene throws at her for doing so. Jennie simply hums in acknowledgement, “I just noticed that you’ve been wearing a lot of dresses and skirts lately. What happened to girl crush Jennie?”

 

As soon as the question is out, Joy and Nayeon smirk mischievously.

 

Girl crush Jennie never existed, Jennie wants to say. Her old jacket’s the only reason why she managed to talk to and be around Jisoo before, as it provided a sense of comfort and familiarity, but her friends don’t need to know that. Irene does though, Jennie realizes suddenly, but that’s because Irene knows everything.

 

“I’ve always liked wearing dresses and skirts though,” Jennie answers instead, shrugging.

 

Focusing back to her lunch, a small smile blooms on her face when she recalls how cutely Jisoo begged to borrow her jacket this morning. Although Jennie’s not so sure why her girlfriend would want to use it, as her style is anything but girl crush. Jisoo’s always been two things: extremely casual or extremely girly. She could be a walking fashion disaster on Monday with a giant hoodie and mismatched socks and shoes (sometimes she’d forget to wear shoes entirely, so Jennie keeps a spare in her locker), but she’d be a runway model by Friday with her cute skirts and berets.

 

Jennie sighs with her head in the clouds. Jisoo can be so strange sometimes, but that’s what she loves about her.

 

“You always used wear that leather jacket,” Joy says with a brow raised, bringing Jennie back into their conversation. Irene simply watches them, distributing  more side dishes to everyone else.

 

“Yeah, what happened to it?” Nayeon presses once she thanks Irene for the food, “Is Jisoo’s Jendeukie getting tired of Jisoo-yah already?” She laughs, trying to get a rise out of Jennie. It sort of works when the latter frowns at Nayeon’s use of Jisoo’s nickname for her.

 

“She may have liked it better than I did—” Jennie suddenly stops in the middle of her explanation when she sees Tzuyu power walking into the cafeteria. 

 

“I don’t know them, I don’t know them, I don’t—” Tzuyu chants like a mantra, her hair falling perfectly into place despite her frantic movements. Jennie silently wishes that her hair would do the same.

 

Jennie and her friends all stop their actions the moment they spot Tzuyu from the crowd. Rosé even stops eating her favorite snack, watching the tall freshman look like a terrified puppy. Nayeon involuntarily pouts, worried for Tzuyu.

 

“Tzuyu-ah?” Jennie’s the first to speak up, causing the freshman to halt abruptly. Joy stands up to hold a jumpy Tzuyu in place. All of them are equally concerned for the girl’s wellbeing.

 

“Are you okay?” 

 

“Is something wrong?”

 

Jennie and Irene ask at the same time. Everyone in their group knows that Irene’s pretty much adopted the tall freshman and disowned Yeri as soon as she got acquainted with the United Nations.

 

Tzuyu speaks in exactly three different languages before she manages to switch back to Korean, “Run away while you still—” Tzuyu’s panicked speech is suddenly cut off by loud, booming music.

 

“U.N. IN YOUR AREA!” Jisoo’s distinct voice booms along with the sound of trumpets. Actual. Live. Trumpets.

 

Jennie’s jaw drops.

 

Jisoo’s wearing her leather jacket. She’s wearing a pair of boots that Jennie never knew she owned, and she’s oozing with confidence. Jennie can barely process anything at this point, but she’s sure of one thing: she’s about to faint.

 

Irene’s eyes widen comically at the sight of a whole ing orchestra (and is that a rock band?) entering the place. Said orchestra is being led in by Dahyun, who looks adorable instead of cool wearing a whole suit with a bow tie and everything. Rosé just thinks the small girl resembles a penguin.

 

“How the —” Joy mutters before Seulgi and Lisa suddenly flank Jisoo. Wendy and Sana suddenly come out of nowhere. They’re all wearing black leather jackets.

 

“Just kill me now,” Tzuyu mutters, sinking to the floor with both hands covering her face while Sana tries to send flying kisses to her still not-girlfriend from afar.

 

“Why do these things always happen in the cafeteria?” Rosé questions, but is only met with Nayeon’s sudden laughter.

 

“I didn’t think she’d actually do it!” Nayeon cackles, “Holy !” Absolutely no one understands why Nayeon’s dying of laughter, but at this point it doesn’t really seem to matter when Jisoo suddenly grabs a mic out of thin air. Nayeon falls out of her seat.

 

Seeing Jisoo’s signature smirk as she holds onto the mic, Jennie knows her girlfriend is either going to be extremely cool (in her eyes, at least) or extremely stupid.

 

She can only hope for the best.

 

 

 

“What’s up 999 University!” Jisoo yells, and the crowd roars.

 

Huh. Jisoo didn’t think that’d work so well. But Nayeon now owes her after this, and Jisoo’s determined to kill her friend with a heart attack by the end of this stunt.

 

“We’re here to make you all feel special!” Sana adds, hyping the crowd up.

 

“No!” Lisa whines loudly, grabbing the mic from Sana, “We’re here to Kill! This! Love!” The Thai girl punctuates each word with a fist pump.

 

“I thought we were here to swim?” Seulgi asks, tilting her head, “I have umbrellas and everything,” The bear-like girl gestures to her duffle bag on the ground.

 

“We’re going swimming,” Wendy deadpans, “With umbrellas,” The Canadian points at the duffle bag.

 

“Yeah!” Seulgi nods, not finding anything wrong. Wendy wants to smash her head into a wall.

 

“What’s wrong with that?” Sana asks, and Lisa agrees with her. 

 

Jisoo and Wendy groan at the same time. So much for their cool entrance.

 

“Why are you guys so dumb?” Wendy falls to her knees.

 

“Dumb... dumb?” Seulgi echoes, “Are we doing dumb dumb?”

 

“YOU’RE A DUMB DUMB!” Wendy finally breaks as she yells at Seulgi.

 

“Dahyun, just start the music!” Jisoo yells, exasperated as Dahyun instructs the musicians to start.

 

The music starts abruptly, seemingly just as shocked as Dahyun is, and Don’t Know What To Do starts to play. The United Nations look equally confused at first, but they manage to perform with Dahyun leading the live music. The crowd of students are absolutely wild, while the faculty and staff don’t seem to care enough to do anything about the chaos. Jisoo tries her best to shoot Jennie with what she thinks is an attractive wink whenever she can, and Sana trips in the middle of the choreography. Luckily, Lisa’s quick to right her back into position.

 

When the song reaches its chorus, the gang splits up and moves towards their significant others as they hop to the beat of the song. All of their significant others are all smiling in admiration and not-so-mild embarrassment.

 

After all, they should’ve all seen this coming when they decided to date them.

 

Well, except for Chou Tzuyu. The Taiwanese girl is screaming and running away from a very clingy Sana. Yeri doesn’t miss this and quickly moves to take videos, elated that she finally has blackmail of the girl she hasn’t won a single argument with.

 

“I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITHOUT YOU!” Sana sings at the top of her lungs, jumping on Tzuyu’s back as the Taiwanese girl nearly falls to the ground. 

 

Not so far away from the chaotic pair, Wendy’s continuously dabbing in front of Irene, the latter dying in a fit of laughter. Rosé’s already out of her seat, joining Lisa as they share the mic and sing together. Seulgi and Joy are nowhere to be found, but Jisoo would rather not know where the two went.

 

“I don’t know what to do without you!” Jisoo sings more peacefully in comparison as she approaches Jennie. She can hear Lisa and Rosé screaming ‘Jensoooo!’ from afar, and Jisoo should be bothered, really, but she’s already used to them being like this.

 

“You look so good in my jacket,” Jennie mutters, honey dripping in her tone. Jisoo smiles brightly and hands her girlfriend a sunflower.

 

“Rosés are overrated, and sunflowers are prettier anyway” Jisoo comments, and Jennie  wants to say a cheesy line in return, but smiles brightly instead. The couple can feel the eyes and cameras on them, but they could care less.

 

“What’s the occasion, though?” Jennie decides to ask, her face already tinged red, “I know you wouldn’t pull all of this off without a reason.”

 

“At first, I just wanted to win against Nayeon’s bet and give her a heart attack... Uh, you'll see later,” Jisoo tries to explain, “But I wanted to do something special for you too, so here we are!” The Korean says and winks.

 

Jennie blushes profusely at that, but their moment is quickly interrupted when Nayeon suddenly shrieks.

 

“Jeongyeon?!”

 

“Hey,” Jeongyeon says cooly as she adjusts her leather jacket, approaching the usually confident girl “Be m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter