Spill the (Sauce)

Tongue Tied (please send help)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Japan, locked in. I repeat, I have Japan locked in.”

 

“Stop using the phone like a walkie talkie and just go get her!”

 

“I’m trying! She has short legs but she walks so fast!”

 

“Then walk faster!”

 

The towering figure power walks with all her might, trying to catch up to the culprit without raising suspicion. Just as the culprit quickly turns the corner, a loud thud resounds.

 

“Oof!” The culprit squeaks. She finds the culprit on the tiled ground, having tripped over nothing.

 

“Sana Minatozaki from the land of the rising sun, you’re under arrest!” Lisa towers above her in all her 167 cm glory.

 

“What? But why?” Sana questions, sitting up. The Japanese girl didn’t look particularly scared of anything, just merely curious as to why this tower of a person decided to follow her.

 

“Argh whatever, come with us and you won’t get hurt,” Lisa breaks character, and helps the clumsy girl up.

 

“Us?” Sana questions, tilting her head. Lisa turns around, looking for her friend.

 

“Seul?” Lisa yells, “Where the heck—” The Thai steps back craning her neck in search of her friend.

 

“I’m, haah,” A tired voice echoes, followed by heavy footsteps. “here…”

 

“There you are, you slowpoke!” Lisa says joyfully, poking at Seulgi’s side before turning back to Sana. If Seulgi weren’t so tired, she’d push Lisa away. 

 

“See? Yes us, come on now!” Lisa says much too loudly.

 

“Okay, fine...” Sana sighs dejectedly, “I swear if this is another confession…” She mumbles to herself.

 

 

Jisoo sighs in defeat, staring at Sana sitting directly in front of her looking much like a prisoner as Lisa and Seulgi flank her sides like guards. The Korean looks at both of her tall friends— they look very satisfied with themselves, much like dogs waiting to be praised by their owner.

 

Jisoo sighs again.

 

How did it all come to this, you might ask. Well it’s quite simple, really.

 

“You just tell her how you feel, Jisoo, with all your heart, and with conviction!” Wendy screamed out that day, earning a smack upside the head from Lisa, and a long, long groan of disappointment from Jisoo. 

 

All that buildup and drama for nothing.

 

She wasted her money to treat Wendy, only to receive the most useless, most obvious idea on earth. (Jisoo doesn’t know what on earth the goddess Irene sees in her, but that’s far from the point.) With the disappointment lingering in the air, the three loudmouths spending lunch together means some tea had to be spilled. 

 

Or had been spilled accidentally. It’s not Jisoo’s fault that she’s still not over her shock.

 

“Guys, I think our baby Tzuyu has a girlfriend,” Jisoo’s tongue slipped that day, and continued to slip as she divulged more details, “I saw her in the library that one time. She was flirting around with Sana Minatozaki. She saw me looking at them, but I don’t know what it meant. Makes me wanna talk to her and ask about whatever that was, y’know,”

 

Lisa and Wendy were left in a state of shock that day, especially the latter as she’s familiar with Sana Minatozaki, the cute bubbly girl who flirts with anything and everything. Sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose. You’d never know until she tells you, really.

 

Now Jisoo isn’t so sure if this is a good idea, now that she has Sana sitting in front of her,  ‘captured,’ as Lisa would say.

 

“When I said I wanted to talk to her, I didn’t mean like this,” Jisoo gestures vaguely at their strange predicament. 

 

The United Nations are currently seated on a round table, with Yeri too busy on her phone to care, and Wendy kindly offering Sana a cupcake, apologizing for dragging her all the way here. Tzuyu’s nowhere to be found, but Jisoo supposes it’d be better like this.

 

Sana accepts the cupcake happily, and looks at Jisoo as if contemplating her next words.

 

“What? You said you couldn’t find her, so we brought her to you,” Wendy gestures with her hands, “Although we used some drastic measures, she’s finally here!” Wendy crosses her arms proudly, and Jisoo can only facepalm.

 

“Was this about what happened in the library?” Sana pipes up. Jisoo simply nods, sighing. Lisa and Wendy’s expressions harden.

 

“Library? What happened?” Seulgi pipes up, looking at Jisoo.

 

“Ooh, let me in on the tea,” Yeri suddenly joins the conversation, putting her phone down.

 

“Well it was nothing much really, you’re just overreacting unnie!” Sana says in such a sugary sweet tone that makes Lisa’s aegyo look even worse than it already is.

 

Jisoo snaps the Pocky stick in her hand.

 

“So Tzuyu is just ‘nothing much’ to you? Just another fling then, Minatozaki?” Jisoo snaps. Seulgi, Lisa, and Wendy gasp while Yeri sends a glare towards Sana.

 

“No, that’s not what I meant!” Sana immediately defends, “I seriously like Tzuyu-ah, but your reaction to me kissing her was way too much... Like you’ve never been kissed before,” The Japanese explains.

 

Jisoo looks away from Sana’s twinkling eyes, trying to hide the blush blooming on her features. Sana smiles, happy to have averted the crisis.

 

“Wait, WHAT?!” Wendy slams her hands onto the table and stands up, “You did WHAT to our child?!”

 

“Our child?” Sana’s eyebrows scrunch in confusion, until she looks around and sees five murderous gazes from all around the table.


“Oh…” Sana mumbles feeling small. Nope, the crisis was not averted. She made it worse, “I should’ve introduced myself first, then...”

 

When Sana receives no response from the group, she nervously stands up and tries to ignore the multiple eyes on her as she does so. Clearing , she begins.

 

“Well what’s a time better than the present, right?” Sana tries to ease the tension, but to no avail, “I— I’m Sana Minatozaki, as some of you know, a— a third year Performing Arts major.”

 

Sana holds her breath, waiting for anything to happen. The tension in the air is thick, and Sana would’ve really appreciated it if Tzuyu would’ve at least warned her of her protective unnies.  Sana’s friends with Seulgi, Jisoo, and Wendy, but she’s never seen some of the kindest souls on campus look absolutely terrifying until today.

 

“When did you start seeing Tzuyu?” Yeri’s the first one to break the silence. Wendy sits back down.

 

“Well, we technically aren’t together yet a-and I haven’t really confessed either—”

 

“Then why’d you kiss her in the library?” Seulgi’s eyes narrow threateningly.

 

“Um, I did it impulsively because she looked so cute, I’m sorry—”

 

“You know that she’s younger than you, right?” Jisoo crosses her arms.

 

“Yes, of course, I will take responsibility for—”

 

“Good. But you don’t have our complete approval to date her yet,” Wendy says, and Sana takes a seat, relieved that the barrage of questions seem to be over.

 

“So, what do I have to do—”

 

“Trial by fire!” Lisa slams her fist onto the table. Sana wants to shrink at the amount of attention their table is receiving.

 

“Lisa, no,” Jisoo shakes her head.

 

“Shut up, Lisa,” Yeri follows, with a frown on her face. Lisa frowns at them before looking at Sana.

 

“You’ll just have to prove yourself, Japan,” Lisa says solemnly.


“Japan?” Sana tilts.

 

“We don’t even know if you’re worthy for our Taiwan with your dating history,” Wendy comments, and Sana nods the gears in her head clicking, “But we’ll let you go, for now.”

 

“Sorry, we questioned you, but haven’t introduced you to everyone yet,” Seulgi says, her once intimidating cat eyes forming into happy crescents, “Beside you is Lisa, a second year dance major. Over there is Yeri, a freshman. She’s taking up… What are you taking up again?”

 

“ you, Seulgi,” Yeri spits out without any bite while Seulgi goes over to her with a peace offering in the form of more food, “I’m taking English Lit.”

 

“Nice to meet you two... So this is the rest of the United Nations, then?”

 

“Yup! Sorry about a while ago, Tzuyu’s never dated before, and she’s our baby so we’re just very protective of her,” Wendy says, apologetic.

 

“Don’t worry about it, I know the feeling,” Sana says. “Have you met France yet? That girl is like my baby too!”

 

“Woah, woah, we have a baguette on campus?” Lisa asks, absolut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter