Chapter IV

Persona - A New Awakening
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The Bang Tang Boys Club[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] warning: Another long chapter! Really sorry if you guys don't like it :( I'll try my best and shorten them out in the future. Hope you guys enjoy, anyways?

 

    Most of her free time was spent catching up on lagged information on certain subjects. And talking to Morgana.

"Can't you do anything besides studying?" Morgana meowed. Moonbi paused briefly in her notes to glance at the frisky feline.

"I don't bother."

"But there's more to life than just books."

"I suppose so." There is life outside her studies. Life beyond these textbooks of information. Yet she only retreats to what she is familiar with.

Lying across her desk was the crumbled piece of paper her classmate Jungkook had doodled. He never seemed to have noticed when she took it from him, and although Moonbi could give it back she never bothered to. 

Doodles of random things. Animals, plants, circles, and other weirdly shaped things.

Moonbi didn't understand why she kept that piece of paper in the first place. Perhaps she had original plans to return it, though now it would probably be awkward.

Speaking of awkward.

After the whole fiasco between Taehyung and the Jaehun guy Moonbi finds herself gazing at Jungkook longer than needing to.

Curiosity has peaked her interest, and now she must refrain from staring at him... too hard. He probably already knows about her creepy behaviour by now. 

"Hey," Moonbi paused again in her mathematics review. "Do you think we could potentially do some training today?" At this the cat happily meowed.

"That would actually be great!" Normally during the week of full moon would Moonbi actively participate. That's when majority of individuals would disappear on whim. 

Don't get her wrong. It's incredibly busy during full moon week, but anything outside the week is usually the involvement of someone's cognition. They haven't had the opportunity to dive into a Palace with the intentions of altering one's state of mind. Yet.

Morgana is typically involved in the Metaverse on day-to-day or bi-weekly basis. Investigating for more information and understanding of the Metaverse and its unworldly inhibitants.

This made Moonbi think. "You did mention if we steal someone's treasure, then we also alter their state of mind, correct?" When the cat nodded an unruly thought had crossed Moonbi's mind.

Maybe it is possible to alter that man's state of mind.

She wasn't certain if it would be appropiate to share as of yet. For now, the concept of deliberately changing one's cognition is still up in the air for discussion. Again, there was something incredibly disturbing about that man she cannot place a finger on.

Still, she hasn't found the Heok brothers yet, specifically Chanwoo since she stolen his rusted keychain. Obviously she has altered his cognition, but it's not like she really knew him beforehand. Arrogant, yes, but what else about his character?

"Stealing treasure is no easy task," Morgana explained. "There are many floors to one's heart. It could potentially take weeks up to a full month to alter someone's frame of thinking."

Most of the times they're preoccupied with rescuing victims from their darkest Shadows. She's no expert for the most part but when saving someone from fallen grace, they tend not to remember any of it.  

It's not too complex to rescue the victims. Defeat their corrupted Shadows and watch their distorted world return to normal. Then they leave before they would be trapped in the person's Palace. Never to delve further into one's Palace, one's state of mind.

She then shook her head. Nevermind, she's too lost in her own thoughts.  It wouldn't hurt to burn some time and train her abilities for this month's Dark Hour.

 

     Moonbi waited at the end of the hallway within the East wing. Last time she had checked this was where Taehyung instructed her to wait. Finishing up with the last of his classes, probably.

Checking her watch Moonbi could feel the threads of her patience thinning. She's been waiting out her for over ten minutes now with no signs of... 

"Hey!" She looks over her shoulder and finds Taehyung walking towards her. What is up with him and that? "Sorry I'm late. Just made it out of class, so it took me a bit to get here." He explained to her. 

"It's fine."

"Some of them are there today. Not everyone though 'cause they're busy with other after school activities." All Moonbi could do was nod in approval. Luckily Taehyung said the club is also in this facility which makes things easier for her.

They walked in silence for a while. "Are you feeling better?" He eventually inquired when they made a left turn near one of the hallways and reached for one of the doors on the right.

Moonbi nodded.

Taehyung smiled. "Good, and HERE WE ARE!" His abrupt exclaimation nearly startled the life out of her. One look at her narrowed gaze and that bright, ecastic smile shifted into a wince.

"Sorry."

Door opened Moonbi can see the awfully nice decor of the classroom. Is this a classroom or an incredibly detailed lounge? "What are you waiting for? Go inside." Hesitancy hugged her tight as Moonbi took baby steps inside. And yes, she found herself marveling at the sight.

The room looked like a casual hangout loft. Walls painted a rugged blue there were posters of girl and boy idol groups across the room. An open-space of sorts, and then a large black leathered couch resided on the right corner.

Four bean bags placed in the center, small modernized light fixtures hung from the ceiling. Of course there was an office desk and chalkboard present in the room, but it didn't negate to obvious factor of a pool table and large woodened bookshelf.

In fact, there's were a couple of desktops with a huge set of speakers. The room was a little small but evenly spacious and enough for a decent amount of people.

Woah.

"Yo!"

"Sup, Tae!"

"Is this the guy?" Voices. Wait, what? Moonbi didn't noticed these three men in this room. Why are they staring her? W-what's going on? Taehyung wraps a hand around her shoulder. "This the new student in class I was talking about. Park Moongi. He's a transfer student so he's pretty shy."

Wait, he was talking about her to other people?

"Don't worry, we don't bite. The name's Kim Namjoon, by the way. I'm President of the Bang Tang Boys club." Moonbi quickly bows to the gentleman in front her, fingers entwining around each other much faster than usual.

He seemed like a reasonably mellowed fellow just by his upright posture alone. Or is she judging too carelessly? A chuckle later and Namjoon waved, "You don't have to do that. It's cool." When Moonbi stood she had taken a brief moment to observe him.

"Y-you- um, sure?" Damn her. Damn her and her stupid damned stuttering. Moonbi watched as his lips then twitches, a subtle smirk gliding across the edge of his once neutral face. "Definitely. It's not a big deal here." Although there were many undertones carried beneath that smirk, Namjoon did not voice any of it.

Though, Moonbi will not disregard the sudden glint in those almond eyes. If he had any remark to state, he obviously wouldn't state it in front of her.

By the way, did she forget to mention his height? Of ing course, he's just as tall as everyone else. Namjoon thumbed the guy next to him, probably no more than a few inches taller than her.

Why do all the students have to be so freakishly tall? Moonbi grunts to herself. This will make her stand out even more. Make sure sometime this week to purchase some flat toed boots.

"This is Park Jimin."

Bad boy attitude incoming.

"Nice to meet you, Moongi!" His school uniform was completely disheveled and hair equivalent to "I just got out of bed this morning". Bronzed hair, fair skin, and deep brown eyes and then the most supple flushed pink lips Moonbi laid eyes on. Reminds her of a goldfish, kind of.

It might be the easiest way to remember him by. Jimin's eyes gleamed with a hint of mischief while his lips tugged into a grin. An obnoxious eating one, that is.

Moonbi raises an eyebrow.

"Now I can finally pick on someone shorter than me!" "Jimin, come on! You know Moongi is shy. Don't make him feel insecure too." "Awe, but I'm tired of being picked on for being short!" Then Taehyung and Jimin went into this weird, frenzied banter which Namjoon had released an exasperated sigh.

"Don't mind those two. They mean no harm." He stated with a roll of his eyes.

"Oh," Moonbi blinked, then she shrugged. "Okay."

"And this is Jeon Jungkook." Namjoon gestures to Jungkook. He didn't seemed to be looking at her, though. After a while Namjoon then repeated himself, "And this is Jungkook." He emphasized strongly, as if he was waiting for Jungkook to already introduce himself.

Jungkook on the other hand didn't appear too amused. "We already know each other, hyung." He replied in a flat tone.

It was Namjoon's turn to frown. "You never told me about him." 

Jungkook lips churned into a scowl. "We don't know each other well enough. So I never bothered." It's the truth there's no doubt about that. Though, she'd thought he would be a little interested in greeting her.

Just like Jimin, Jungkook wore his uniform a little loose. Or maybe more than little. Hell, he didn't even bother to wear his school jacket. White dress shirt sagged with the tie drooping by his neck while slacks appeared wrinkled, too.

Seems like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter