Chapter VI

Persona - A New Awakening
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Here Lies the Fool [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

Ø

Upright: Beginnings, spontaneity, originality, innocence, leap of faith and free sprit.

Reversed: Naivety, poor judgement, folly, lack of direction, stupidity and chaos.

 

 

     Distorted. Distortion.

Falling. Fallen.

Heart beating. Heart stopped.

Breathing. Suffocation.

The world twists and turns and spins in all sorts of directions. Moonbi still has yet to get accustomed to the madness of it all.

She lands on her two feet in swift agility as Morgana did the same. About a second later, Moonbi noticed the obvious changes to her blue pajamas and felt the immediate power of her Persona flowing throughout her veins.

Something firm propped upon her face. Almost as if it's a reminder to wield her new identity.

Like a figurative mask, it was required to shed her human identity and embrace the supernatural. An ivory masquerade mask adorned her face instead, Moonbi needed to adapt to the sudden changes.

Carillon. I am Carillon now.

The alter ego. The hidden self.

The world around them was hazed with gloominess. Colors of purples, browns, and dark blues. Inside this world of mystery held a massive cave of damp and dimness. Broken tracks were stacked deep inside the cave and lost in the unknown.

This was Mementos. The world crossed between reality and fantasy.

"Carillon," She turns to look at Morgana. The cat transformed back into her realistic Hello Kitty self. The thick black trousers, the daffodil colored bandana, her black mask and equally large sapphire eyes. "Check the navigator. He shouldn't be too far." During these times Morgana is the most serious.

Pulling out the compact mirror once more, Carillon watched her reflection blur into a large gray castle. There were different symbols on each side: NW, SW, EW, and WW, while the foresty reminded her too much of the academy. Which theoretically implies the school might represent his castle...

At the bottom of the mirror spelled out these words.

 

K I N G  J A E H U N ' S  C A S T L E

 

King Jaehun? What does Jungkook's brother has to do with any of this? Wait, don't tell her that Jungkook has crossed palaces. To... to his brother's? Is that entirely possible? 

"You ready, Carillon?" The girl nods in haste. Within this hour she is no longer Choi Moonbi. In this space, in this world, she is known as a ringer of bells.

Morgana had suggested using code names to prevent any possibilities of real life danger, although it maybe unlikely, but as a precautionary method. So this was the only nickname she agreed to.

"Yes. Let's find him, and quickly."

"Back up!" It didn't take longer than a couple seconds for the black cat to jump in the air and shape shift into an incredibly wide and massive minibus.

With the door opened for her, Carillon hopped into the drivers seat and slammed her foot on the gas pedal, holding little regards if she was going 'too fast' for Morgana's tastes. 

Okay, look, for someone who has never driven prior to these past three months this was immediate improvement. "Mona, we don't have time. Jungkook could be dead at this point." She snapped. Those same words spoken out of brought an inkling sense of dread.

What if he's already dead? What if it's far beyond our capabilities to rescue him? She... she didn't want to entertain those thoughts any longer.

As realistic and truthful as they may be, somewhere beneath her factual mind embodied a deep sense of genuine fear. Afraid to see someone so wronged by society to simply... disappear from it. 

What would Taehyung do if he found out Jungkook was dead?

She didn't want to know.

Carillon glances at her navigator and makes a sharp turn to the right. Then a sharp left. They should be arriving to a portal somewhere...

"Carillon, I see an opening up ahead!" Indeed came an increasing ball of light. They should be arriving there soon, and by some mysterious god from above, Carillon prayed that Jungkook would live to see another day. 

It drastically transforms into an incredibly darkened, gloomy sky. Thick clouds hung from above, removing any sources of light and its beauty. The atmosphere felt hard and rather dense with a swirl of horrid energy casted in the airwaves. 

There were trees. Gigantic trees that loomed over them along with thick shrubs and murky fog. There were also well kept gardens with fragrant flowers, gorgeous trees and many bushes seeming to intertwine with this odd batch of creepiness. 

The courtyard outside of the castle gates is lit up with bioluminescent creatures, adding to the atmosphere of it. This castle has clearly been around for a while. She had mused.

Eventually, the massive castle illuminated from her navigator stood proud in arrogance and massive in its glory.

Tall, wide windows were scattered thinly across the walls in a seemingly random pattern, along with asymmetric crenelations for archers and artillery.

Furthermore, perched on top of the castle was a golden statue of Jaehun. He happen to wear a long robe, a crown, and staff in his left hand. The duo parked near a bridge and Carillon slid out the drivers seat.

Within a blink of an eye Morgana changed back into the sword, swish-buckling cat. "Let's go." Sneaking towards the castle led to a huge gate with great wooden doors and also two towering guards standing in charge of it.

They were dressed in sleek silver armor, a single sword in hand and a shield in another. 

This shouldn't be too hard.

Carillon had received enough practice from before. Whenever she did transfer into the Metaverse on a whim there were many Shadows lurking. Morgana and her agreed to utilize that space as a practice area to hone their skills. 

She also worn a knee cut black yukata with delicate silver designs embroidered around the edges and a red pendant in the center. At the waistline of the yukata was a moderately sized white obi bow belt.

Finally, hugged against her thin frame were two very sharp stainless steel tessen fans ready to be wielded at any given moment.

Carillon never really understood the longness of her black sleeves to equally match the width of her skirt. Not that it ever gotten in the way of her fighting.

She inhales, releases a soft sigh, and with the kick of her leathered black ankled boots she dashed directly towards the guards. 

Carillon, along with Morgana, pulled out their weapons swiftly. A leap in the air and they went soaring through the skies. Her stomach flutters, both in thrill and anxiety, as she makes a circular spin dash with two sharply molded fans clutched in her gloved white hands. 

A chime of bells.

A loud slash of metal can be heard across the distance.

She attacks one of the guards while Morgana attacked the other. Her blades were able to cut through the armor with ease. "GaaAaUGhk!" The guard stumbles, dropping the sword as Carillon used this to her advantage and kicked it in the chest.

The guard falls to the floor. With one of the tessen blades Carillon jabbed it straight through the chest. It jerks, almost as if it endured a seizure, and then stiffens. Likewise with Morgana, the other guard eventually laid motionless.

Soon after they dissipated into a thick cloud of smoke.

Hands had gripped the bulging door handles and yanked with majority of their strength. A loud creak rattled slowly, almost as if warning the two of potential doom. Regardless, the girls went inside anyway.

When entering, however, they couldn't help but to marvel the sight. It was decorated in gold and sparkling silver. Majority of the decor were molded from some sort of jewerly piece or expensive materials.

Massive rugs spreaded throughout the entrance of the castle as a thron was perched on top of some stairs.

The couches and chairs were also covered in fine animal furs and hanged with golden necklaces. Beautiful chandeliers hung from the ceiling which appeared to be also painted of a realism portrait.

For a person's Palace, was this the perception of their reality presented?

"Stop right there! INTRUDERS!" A sudden bark made the two turn around almost immediately. Carillon's heart skipped a couple beats, thudding hard and fast when she saw four guards running towards them.

About six to seven feet tall, hidden behind ceramic blue masks as these guards carried even bigger weapons...

As if it brought some magical form of faith the girl gripped her tessens tightly. She wasn't in the mood to play around, let alone dilly dally with these fools.

"King Jaehun is not welcoming of any intrudes as the automatic punishment will be death." More like the death of you. "Bring it on, you steel faced s!" Morgana cried out, taking her sword and raising it into the air. 

"Persona! Neuro Obliteration!" Zorro manifested right above the cat. With one muscular, bulky hand wielding a thin saber sword while the other behind his back, the dominating being made fast zig zagged motions with his sword. Blue streaks were marked all over the guards bodies.

A moment later and they soon staggered. The attack automatically weakened their built defenses and concentration. Carillon used this as an opportunity to speed towards one the freakishly tall guards.

"Haah!" She couldn't help it. She had to release this burst of energy knawing through her chest. Had to manipulate the intensity of it.

She jumps, whipping back her right arm and swings directly down his head. The blade made a nice incision, she smirks.

"You brat!" One of the other guards swooped in with his sword. "You shall die for your insolence!" He exclaimed and lunged its sword towards her abdomen. 

Dodged just in the nick of time. Carillon makes a quick backflip and threw one of her fans at the guards, slicing one of its arms clean off.

Morgana commanded her Persona, Zorro, to then demolish them with an abrupt chant. "Finish them, Zorro!" The being merely stared at the guards, rose its sword high into the air, and swung straight down.

At this a massive rift was caused. The remaining two guards stiffened once the sword cut through the air. A blue burst of flames sizzled them both as they fell to the ground, then turned into a puff of smoke.

Carillon snatched her tessen off the floor, closed both the fans and shoved them back into her sashed obi belt. 

Heels clicking against the marbled floors Carillon and Morgana took off in the opposite direction. Checking the navigator indicated a small reddened dot on the bottom half. The dot looked like it might've be far deeper into this castle than she anticipated. 

Which meant Jungkook was hidden somewhere beneath the levels of this palace. The navigator has always indicated where the victim may reside within the palace. She had hoped it also meant that Jungkook was alive and safe. 

At the end of the passageway the duo makes a right turn. There was a huge bronzed door in front of them with chains crossed tightly around it. "I'll take care of this." The feline said before whipping her sword across the chains.

And just like that, the bulky chains then shattered to the floor. Kicking open the door the two leaped onto a second flight of stairs. They ran and ran with little interest to stop, even when it grew darker by the minute.

Eventually Morgana flung herself over the rails and Carillon followed after her. "Ahh!" A squeal escaped from the teen's lips when her body fell through the air.

She didn't know how many flights of stairs it was. Hell, she didn't even know how long the drop is gonna be. All she knew was that she better prepare herself for landing or suffer a broken neck.

Angling her position, Carillon watched as the ground zoomed closer and closer until she suddenly slammed onto the concrete with the bottom of her heels.

The impact had rattled her bones deeply to the core, but luckily enough didn't shatter them. Then again, she haven't shattered anything when jumping over things. Yet.

"Are you alright?" The girl nodded, and Morgana continued to muse. "I think that'll hold them off for now, but we go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter