.  tsr — 02

  incandescence ━ i. luminance
TSR  02
15:25 - 27th august 2019 / starverse floor b1, mapo, seoul 
 
W
an exited the elevator that opened its metallic door to the basement. The air that greeted him wasn't the stuffy air that lingered with smell of machine or exhaust. No, it was cold and refreshinga blessing in the middle of summer. Jung Jinki had made sure it was so ever since Joo Wan presented the CEO a certain idol trainee. A trainee he stumbled upon lingering in underground music. A boy he couldn't turn a blind eye on.
Jinki had called him out then and debated that future for idol trainees in the company was close to none. "I signed actors, actresses and models because I'm sure I can house them," the younger man had pressed. "I'm not sure about idol trainees. We don't have enough connections and resources to debut an idol."
If he had been the old Joo Wan━the man who'd take his time to stand up after one blow━he'd be submissive and forced to turn the boy towards the exit. But he wasn't. And Jinki himself had changed him.
"Did you forget about me?" Wan countered. "Before plunging into acting, I wasam a soloist. A musician. Give the boy a chance. Give me a chance." He felt a little guilty as he had been aiming at Jinki's weak spot then, prompting him to feel rather than think.
"Fine," Jinki sighed. "I'll be running this over with everyone. Then we'll decide how everything will go. For now, tell the boy to go home."
It's been around three years since then and Jinki has been giving his best monitoring the well-being of the trainees with satisfying facilities. Eventhough he does it while keeping his unbiased front intact. The taciturn CEO only claimed the trainees was all Joo Wan's responsibilities. It wasn't a surprise that Wan found him standing outside the dance practice hall once in a while, watching from the door's round window.
Like he is right now.
"Ryeo-un," Jinki spoke up when Wan stood beside him, hands folded on his chest. Wan knows what'll come next the moment Jinki brought up the name of their very first trainee. "How are the songs he's working on coming along?"
"I meant to tell you later," Wan pointed out the fact he definitely did not forget to report to him. "It's going pretty well. We'll go over it soon, decide whether to put it in the album or push it back for the next album."
Jinki nodded before turning to leave. "We'll talk in details later then━with Ryeo-un."
"You're not going to greet the kids?" Wan called out but Jinki simply waved no. He chuckled at the man's gesture. He turned to open the door of the dance room when a couple of plastic bags placed on the floor caught his eye. Joo Wan can't hide the disbelief as he saw the variety of cold drinks and street snacks in it. "Talking as if he doesn't care..."
He picked the plastic bags up and entered the dance room,"Take five, kiddos! A food fairy just dropped by!" 
  KYU'S NOTE
↳ a little teaser of how jinki decided to accept not only actors/actresses/models but idol trainees as well! jinki feels it's too big of a gamble and hates giving false hopes ;; plus, introducing their first trainee, ryeo-un! a deadline hasn't been set yet as the idol trainee plotline is still short of apps :) but if there's no more apps in the near future then we'll decide on the deadline! thank you so much for those who has applied, subscribed and commented <3