Chapter 2- Change of Appearance

The Fault in My Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a week since the encounter, Wonyoung has totally forgotten about the strange encounter with the strange girl. Not because she has bad memories, but because she has been busy with school. Although even with the piles on piles of reading and work to do, not even that can stop her from reading her beloved books. 

 

It was an early Saturday morning when Mr. Jang arrived to the dining room to find his daughter sitting in one of the many chairs. 

 

Wonyoung looked up from her book, “oh, good morning dad.”

 

Mr. Jang greeted her back, “good morning Wonyoung-ah. What book are you reading here?” He asked while pulling the chair out next to her daughter as one of the maid set a plate of English breakfast.

 

“I’m just reading a philosophical book about humans. If you’re interested I can  tell one of your assistants to send you a copy online,” Wonyoung replied and stuffed a buttered toast into .

 

Mr. Jang nodded and chuckled at her daughter. As the two are at the large dining table Mr. Jang brought up a topic, “Wonyoung, I’m going to a business trip at New York again so can you stay here and be a good child, okay?”

 

Wonyoung chuckled, “father, when am I not a good child?” That response was met by a satisfied laugh by Mr. Jang. He nodded in agreement.

 

“Okay then, I’m gonna go to work now. And you should probably be going to school soon.” 

 

Wonyoung nodded as her father left the room. She was all alone again. Her mother left early to a fashion show at Paris while her father is going to the states. Wonyoung pouted at the thought that she’ll be stuck with only the maids and butlers for a week.

 

“Miss, you have 10 more minutes to finish your morning meal before leaving to school,” the house maid said.

 

Wonyoung nodded in response as she poked at the fruit salad.

 

-

 

 

“Yujin, I’m so glad to see you back!”

 

Yujin fake smiled to her life time “best friend.” She had told everyone that knew she was homoual about her going back to being heteroual. Honestly, Yujin doesn’t know if she’s lying to other people or lying to herself.

 

It honestly pains her that the people she thought she could trust and cherish don’t accept the real her. For example, Choi Yena. She thought she could trust her, but turns out, her best friend was the one that snitched to her parent. 

 

‘I guess everyone in this school is just close-minded like everyone else,’ Yujin thought to herself. 

 

Yujin never liked the school she went to. It’s a highly prestige school for only the best and richest. And everyone are either too spoiled or ignorant. Sure, they’re smart, but they only got into the school from the bribery of their rich parents. Yujin smiled to herself. Isn’t it the same for her too?

 

“By the way, what’s with the new hair?” Yena noticed.

 

“Oh, since I’ve decided to change, I also decided to dye my hair. New hair new me, right?” Yujin said as Yena checked out her new blonde hair.

 

“Yeah dude, your new hair looks great on you!” Yena complimented.

 

“Thanks,” Yujin smiled.

 

After another six and a half hours of school, Yujin could finally get out of the hellhole. Track practice was cancelled today because of the rainy weather, therefore Yujin decided to go to the food store close to her school. Perhaps she could buy some snacks to eat.

 

Yujin slung her book bag onto her bag and grabbed her dark blue umbrella out of her locker. She quickly got out of the school building and walked towards the food store with her earbuds in. Her head hanged low from looking at her phone. 

 

Soon, she arrived at her destination. When she arrived in front of the store, Yujin was met with a familiar figure in the rain. She decided to walk a bit closer to figure out who it was. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter