Chapter 1- Strange Encounter

The Fault in My Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

White sheets. White covers. White duvets. White clothes. White rooms.

 

Yujin sat in a room that surrounded herself with the color white. She, too, was covered in white from top to bottom. Yujin sat in a chair, waiting for a certain someone whom she learned to despise. Her two hands entangled together that laid on her thighs, nervous to what else they would do to change the wrong in her. 

 

To remove the sin deep inside her. The sin that she would forever be stuck with. Yujin laid back on the chair, staring at the white ceiling. She sighed. She just wants to leave this place as soon as possible. 

 

-

 

They loved her. No, they adored her. All of them. She was adoration herself. Ever since a young age, people would come to their--her door to compliment the young lad. 

 

Jang Wonyoung and perfection. Words that would always be used in the same sentence. Her father, a multi-national CEO. Respected and would do anything for her beloved daughter. Her mother, one of the greatest model ever. And CEO of one of the most prestige clothing brand. Everything about her screamed perfectionism. Who wouldn’t want to be Jang Wonyoung? 

 

Since she was an only child, her father has only been setting the young lad with many smaller businesses. Therefore, she followed her father almost everywhere when he does go on any short business trips. 

 

This time, her father decided to visit a friend of his who is the dean of Korea’s most significant medical hospital. The hospital itself did treat not only physical injuries but also mental illnesses too.

 

“Father, may I have a walk around this hospital? I’ve never been here before, and it would be great for me to explore and observe,” Wonyoung said.

 

Her father looked down at her before replying, “don’t get too lost.”

 

“I won’t, father,” she replied. Wonyoung turned, smiled, and slightly bowed to her father’s companions before leaving. 

 

She passed through many doors. Some rooms are filled with either screams or silences. It was strangely intriguing to her. 

 

After many flights of stairs and walking, she reached the very top. Silence filled the air. This floor was strangely deserted than the others. Wonyoung quietly walked through the opened doors that were empty until she came to the last one. 

 

She saw a girl. A girl, not much older than she was, sitting there. Wonyoung observed the mysterious girl until they met eye contact.

 

The strange girl looked up in surprise, and so was Wonyoung. 

 

“Who...are you?” The girl asked.

 

Wonyoung composed herself and replied, “Jang Wonyoung, you probably know me.”

 

The older girl smiled, “how do you know? I do. My father speaks fondly of you.” 

 

“Doesn’t everyone?” replied Wonyoung. 

 

“You know you may enter this room without me telling you right?”

 

Wonyoung stared at her in surprise. Wonyoung walked inside the room, it looked a lot like a hospital room, but much bigger, and compared to the other rooms she had seen, it was much more decorative. She decided to sit next to the chair that the girl had offered.

 

Wonyoung observed the girl like she had observed everything and everyone else. The mysterious girl had dark brown hair with bangs; her hair length was short but long enough to pass her shoulders. The bangs compliment her small face.

 

Wonyoung’s observation was interrupted when another woman interrupted them from the entrance. She looked much older than both of them combined. Wonyoung looked at the name tag on the older woman’s white coat. 

 

“I’m afraid you came at the wrong time, Ms. Jang,” the girl sat next to her whispered.

 

“It seems that your father only assigned me with you today. How come there’s another girl?” 

 

“Ms. Kim-“ 

 

Wonyoung tried to tell the therapist that she is not here to have a therapy but was cut off.

 

“Oh, it doesn’t matter, we’ll just do the same as last week. Ms. An, have you been taking your medications?” Doctor Kim asked as she sat down in front of the two.

 

“Yes,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter