rainy days.

Love Cohabitation

 

"Why is it still hot even if it's raining? It's so humid in here," Minjoo whines out loud and sighs, the sweat from the heat making her clothes stick to her skin despite of it raining outside of their apartment. The weather had turned the air inside the room into a rather humid one and it was starting to make her loathe the rain for a bit. There were some occasions where she was fond of the rain but this is definitely not one of them. Yujin only stares at her blankly before feeding her girlfriend a piece of cracker from the bag of crackers that she was holding in her hands, in which Minjoo gladly takes into . 

 

"There's nothing we can do about it though."

 

"I know but still," Minjoo says and juts her lips into a brief pout. "My clothes are all sticky." 

 

Yujin was about to pop another cracker into when a sudden thought pops into her head, a sly grin slowly forming on her lips. "There's something we can do about the clothes being sticky." 

 

"What do you mean?" Minjoo raises an eyebrow at the younger girl questioningly. 

 

"We can go nekkid." 

 

Minjoo had to blink for a couple of times to register the words into her head. She replies Yujin with a deadpan voice. "No." 

 

"But babe, if you take them off I'll take them off too." 

 

"... Well, would you look at that," Minjoo attempts to change the topic by looking at the clock on the wall and jumps off the couch. "Time to go shop for dinner. The fridge is empty." 

 

The rain seems to have died down a little by the time both of them shifts their gaze outside. Yujin puffs her cheeks at this, slightly sulking at the fact that her girlfriend had just ignored her suggestion. What's wrong with them going around their apartment without their clothes on anyway? They're both grown adults with enough self-restrain and there were no other people in the compounds of their apartment anyway. "Ignoring me, huh?" 

 

"Where's your umbrella?" 

 

"What happened to yours?" 

 

"I left it at work earlier."

 

 

"You didn't have to come, you know," Minjoo says, slightly tilting her head up to look at Yujin. The two of them ended up visiting the nearby mart for a quick grocery shopping and Minjoo did not intend to bring Yujin along with her at first, until Yujin begs her to take her too by latching onto her back all the while she was trying to put her sneakers on. It was as if a huge golden retriever had climbed on her back and refuses to let her go and Minjoo's not about to leave the apartment with that scene. 

 

"I'm not about to let my girlfriend leave to get the groceries on her own in the rain," Yujin shrugs as she holds the umbrella above their heads, snorting when a high school couple sharing an umbrella under the rain comes to her line of sight. Just the sight itself ticks her off because really, she didn't get to experience such things when she was still in high school. Her first love was tragic and as popular as she was back then, she barely had any suitors coming for her and she'd chicken out when her friends pushes her to ask someone out. "Would you look at that. They're also sharing an umbrella, how sweet." 

 

Minjoo nods her head in acknowledgement when she sees the pair. "So young and pure." 

 

"... Are you saying that we're not young and pure anymore?" 

 

"You've just turned twenty six this year and you suggested on going around - as quoted from you ' nekkid'," Minjoo says mockingly in reference to their previous conversation back in the apartment and slightly nudges Yujin from the side. Yujin's face visibly falls at this. 

 

"I'm old and impure, is that it?" 

 

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying." 

 

"Whatever, you'd still love me anyway," Yujin clicks her tongue and exhales out loud. Minjoo was about to even more but halts herself from doing so when she sees a part of Yujin's shoulder had gotten wet from the rain as a result of not shielding herself properly from the rain. Minjoo slips an arm around Yujin's waist, slightly catching the younger girl off guard before pulling Yujin closer to her.  

 

"Your shoulder is getting wet Yujin-ah." 

 

Yujin turns her attention to where Minjoo had pointed out and it was indeed dampened by the rain. She didn't mind it, however. Her frame was too large to be able to be covered properly by the umbrella anyway and she would rather have Minjoo properly shielded from the rain, hence extending the umbrella out more to Minjoo's side on purpose. A gentleman, is what she is but she didn't feel like telling Minjoo that now. "It's not that wet. I'll survive." 

 

"Don't be silly, you're going to catch a cold," Minjoo attempts to pull Yujin even closer to her. She comes to a stop when she sees Yujin with a -eating grin on her face. "What?" 

 

"You're worried about me?" 

 

"...Of course I am," Minjoo replies with a light flush on her cheeks and eventually loosens her grip around Yujin's waist. It suddenly occurs to her that she had never shared an umbrella with anyone else before and it did felt somewhat nice to have Yujin's warmth on her, under the rain and all. "I've never shared an umbrella with anyone before. I always wonder why people like it so much. You know, like those couples?" 

 

"Really?" Yujin says with a hum as she gazes at Minjoo curiously. "Do you like it then?" 

 

"Yeah, it feels nice," Minjoo mutters under her breath shyly and the sight of a shy Minjoo was a rather rare occurance thesedays. Yujin chooses to not girlfriend this time and instead smiles to herself for her little accomplishment. 

 

"That's good then."

 

 

Minjoo was right.

 

The morning after their little trip to the mart in the rain, Yujin did not have the strength to get out of their bed, whatmore go to work so she ends up calling her workplace to tell them that she had to take a sick leave because of her condition. Minjoo on the other hand was somewhat glad that it happened to be her off day - not that she's glad that Yujin had fallen sick, but at least she gets to take care of Yujin.

 

"Sorry Minjoo-ah," Yujin apologizes as she tries to sit up on the bed, resting her back against the head of the bedframe when she sees Minjoo coming in with a tray of medicine and soup. Yujin felt apologetic to her girlfriend on having her take care of her during her day off. She would rather see Minjoo enjoying her day off, not nurse her back to health. Minjoo probably wanted to rest too. 

 

"Don't worry about it," Minjoo places the tray down on the bedside table and pulls a chair close to the bed, opting to sit on it instead. She then motions Yujin to take her meds, in which the latter obliges easily. "Anyway, your fever isn't going down. Isn't it?" 

 

"I checked my own temperature earlier before you came in and it's still slightly high," Yujin nods solemnly. 

 

"Maybe we shouldn't have been out in the rain for long," Minjoo murmurs to herself but Yujin still manages to catch what she was saying. She extends her arm out to pat her girlfriend on the head to reassure her that it wasn't her fault. 

 

"I think it's just the weather acting up. The temperature was swinging up and down too wildly after all. It's the season where people gets sick easily."

 

"Okay then... Is there anything else I can do for you?" 

 

"Not really. I'm fine-- Ah, there is something," Yujin still manages to muster up a stupid grin when a thought abruptly crosses her mind.

 

Minjoo looks at her questioningly. "What is it?"

 

"Well, uh. They say the sickness is just all in our head right? Maybe I just lack the motivation to beat the fever now." 

 

"...Huh," Minjoo says. She has a hunch on where the conversation was going, with the way Yujin was looking at her. If Yujin has a tail, it's probably wagging on its own behind her, without her noticing. 

 

"So like, if you say something nice I might be able to beat the fever." 

 

Okay, maybe that was not exactly what Minjoo had in mind but it still is a ridiculous thought. "Those are just words, how is it going to make you feel better?"

 

"At least it'll make me feel better emotionally?" Yujin replies with an eager nod. 

 

Minjoo in a deep breath before heaving. She might as well comply with the sick one. "I love you, Yujin-ah," she says with a blush. Minjoo couldn't recall the last time she had said that to her girlfriend but whenever she ends up doing it, she couldn't help but to have her cheeks rising up in heat. Yujin seems to be equally satisfied at this, with the way her skin was turning a darker shade of red by the time Minjoo finishes saying them to her. 

 

".. I think my fever is up again," Yujin brings her hand up to cover the lower half of her face and averts her gaze away in embarrassment. "Ah, what should I do."

 

"I don't think my words are helping you much-- Ah, I just thought of something good."

 

Yujin returns her gaze to Minjoo in interest. "Oh? What is it?" 

 

"Let's break up."

 

Silence fell in the room and Yujin, poor Yujin literally felt her heart dropped down to the floor. "Huh, what--" Yujin couldn't even finish her own words and Minjoo had the audacity to pout and press the back of her hand against Yujin's forehead - covered with a patch of cool-aid, to feel her temperature as if nothing had just happened. 

 

"Your fever's not coming down."

 

"Of course not. And how can you even tell over the patch?"

 

"Well, since the 'I love you' was raising your temperature even more I thought that saying 'Let's break up' would do the otherwise." 

 

"... Quit it, the shock's going to kill me," Yujin says with a sigh and lies down on her back once again, pulling the covers up to her chest to cover herself. "I think I'm fine now. You should go ahead and rest, it's your day off after all."

 

"I told you not to worry about it, did I?" Minjoo leans against the bed slightly and props her chin on her palm, lightly booping Yujin on the nose. "I just want to stay here with you right now." 

 

Yujin was about to open once more but winds up not doing it. What she does end up doing was pulling Minjoo by the collar of her tee, ready to place a quick peck on Minjoo's lips as a quick 'Thank You' -- which of course ends up being denied by the older girl almost instantly. Minjoo had beaten her to it by clamping her hand over Yujin's lips, shaking her head in disapproval. 

 

"You're going to pass me the germ so save it for next time."

 

"... Next time?" Yujin scowls at first, the moment Minjoo retracts her hand but as quick as she was to get disheartened by her girlfriend, her face lights up when she realizes what that meant. "So I get to kiss you as much as I want to when I get better?"

 

"...Yes. As much as you want." 

 

"I'm going to kick this fever's so wait for it okay?"

 

Another sigh escapes Minjoo's lips, though a faint grin appears on her face not long after that. "Okay. That's the spirit." 

 

The result? It only took one day for Yujin to make a complete recovery.

 


Author's Note - In the mood of writing so here you go, you guys might be wondering why I'm so quick to update this lol It's easier for me to write this since most of these are loosely inspired by the manga that I read so yeah. Anyways I hope that you guys would enjoy this :D Just a light fluff, no hassle no drama. Comments make me feel happy so just drop anything you want to say down there hahahahaha. Follow me @izawanchu if you haven't already!