where home is.

Love Cohabitation

 

'I'm going back to my parents.

- Minjoo'

 

Yujin stood in the middle of the living room with a dumbfounded expression, wondering what on earth did her girlfriend meant by that. Minjoo was nowhere to be found too in the apartment and the place was awfully quiet for her liking. No sound coming from neither the bathroom nor the kitchen, whatmore the bedroom. 

 

Was this a hidden camera prank?

 

Was she supposed to act surprised and Minjoo would then jump out of nowhere to tell her she'd been punked?

 

Oh, maybe that's the case. 

 

What else would this be?

 

Yujin tries to hold back her grin and pretends to search for her girlfriend in the apartment. Minjoo must've been hiding somewhere in the apartment, waiting for the right time to jump on her and record Yujin's reaction for fun. Maybe this is one of those things that her girlfriend is into, as of right now.

 

"Ah, where might my Minjoo be."

 

Yujin went on checking every single corner of the house. The kitchen sink, the bathroom, their balcony and sadly, her effort was to no avail. She ends up puffing her cheeks in defeat and fishes her phone out of her pocket, trying to call her girlfriend to ask her on her whereabouts. Yujin immediately perks up upon hearing the ringtone of Minjoo's phone.

 

The sounds seems to be coming from inside their bedroom so maybe that's where Minjoo is. 

 

Yujin happily skips over to the bedroom, a wide grin plastered on her face when she notices the source of the sound getting nearer as she inches closer to their closet.

 

"Got you babe!" 

 

The expression on her face falls instantly when she realizes that Minjoo was after all nowhere to be found and instead, it was just her phone that was laying around in the closet. 

 

Does this mean that Minjoo's leaving her for real to return to her parents' house? 

 

Has Yujin done anything wrong to her recently?

 

Surely this isn't about the puddings from last time. Yujin did end up buying a whole lot of them to make up for the one that she ate. 

 

Or was this because of the fact that she ended up leaving the bag of chips in the open nights ago and didn't clean up after herself?

 

Or maybe, Minjoo had just had enough of her childish antics and decided to leave her for good.

 

Trains of thoughts rushes over her in a second but Yujin manages to snap out of it when she hears the sound of the door clicking from outside, indicating that someone had just entered the apartment and who else would it be other than Minjoo?

 

Yujin rushes out to greet her girlfriend in the hallway and Minjoo was as surprised to see her home. 

 

"Oh? I didn't know you'd be home early today." 

 

"Ah.. yeah," Yujin nods her head absentmindedly, Minjoo's phone still in her grasp after having picked it up from the closet earlier. Minjoo's attention shortly turns to the object. 

 

"You found my phone! I was looking for it everywhere earlier," Minjoo tries to reach out for it - only for Yujin to deny her by lifting it up in the air, out from Minjoo's reach. The look on Yujin's face was solemn, despite of her action and as much as Minjoo wanted to whine at her girlfriend for teasing her, Minjoo couldn't. Not with the way Yujin was looking at her so she knew that something must've went wrong. "What's wrong Yujin-ah?"

 

It took Yujin a few seconds to answer her back. "If I give it back to you, you're going to leave." 

 

"Of course I am?" 

 

"I'm not going to give it back to you." 

 

A heave of sigh escapes Minjoo's chest. "Please Yujin-ah. It's getting late and I don't want to reach my parent's home at late night."

 

"I don't like the fact you decided to go back on your own. Doing your own thing like this," Yujin's voice quivers a little. "Don't you think that we should decide on things like this together? We're both grown adults. How can you just leave all of the sudden without talking about it? I'm sorry if I did anything wrong." 

 

Minjoo had to blink for a couple of times, trying to register what Yujin had said to her and she almost cackle out loud at the situation unfolding before her. 

 

So that's what this is. 

 

Minjoo finally understood why Yujin was acting the way she was. 

 

She then tiptoes on her feet, her hand naturally pulling Yujin down by her nape to meet her lips and Yujin - poor Yujin almost dropped Minjoo's phone the moment she feels Minjoo kissing her on the lips. Her heart does a little jump when she sees the smile on Minjoo's face, as soon as Minjoo pulls away from the kiss and Yujin momentarily forgets the whole reason why she was upset in the first place.

 

"You forgot about it, didn't you?" Minjoo says with a small hum as she soothingly runs her fingers through Yujin's hair. "I told you last week that I'm going back to my parent's house. It's been three years since my uncle passed away so we're having a get-together at my parent's house with my uncles and cousins." 

 

"...Oh," Yujin's cheeks instantly heats up when she realizes of how much of a clown she had been for the past hour. "So that's what this is."

 

"Well... to be fair I think I told you that when we were drinking last time so it's possible for you not to remember it."

 

"...You wrote your note like that on purpose, didn't you?" 

 

"Note?" Minjoo presses her lips together as she pretends to think. "Ah right. I wrote it as it should be. Is there any other way for me to write that?" 

 

"Whatever," Yujin eventually gives up with a sigh and takes a few steps away from her girlfriend, only for her to crouch in the middle of the hallway, head hanging down low. "I'm glad." 

 

"Glad because?" Minjoo raises a brow at her as she approaches Yujin once again, this time bending down a little to meet Yujin's eye level when Yujin raises her head up once again. 

 

"...Nothing," Yujin clears up and attempts to change the topic. "Anyway, as long as you come back home there's no issue. So come back home, here. To me." 

 

The corners of Minjoo's lips twitches into a fond smile, arm reaching out to pat Yujin on the head out of affection. "I'll come home. This is our home after all."

 

".... Of course it is," Yujin nods her head eagerly and just like that, her mood had improved vastly. "Do you need any help carrying your luggage to the car?"

 

"It's fine. I'll manage. Just do me a favour and don't miss me too much." 

 

"... Hah, who says that I'll miss you too much?" 

 

"Should I not come home then?" 

 

"... I'll miss you a lot, so come back home please."

 

-

 

"What should I have for dinner," Yujin frowns to herself as she glimpses through the selection of ingredients in her fridge, only to give up in the end and decided to have just rolled eggs and rice for dinner. She immediately pouts when she realizes the usually filled jar of sugar is now empty just as she preps herself to cook the eggs.

 

How on earth is she going to make the rolled eggs now?

 

Sure, she could just skip the seasoning and all but as a 'Minjoo-certified' chef, she's not going to shame Minjoo's expectations on her as a rolled egg chef and not season her egg properly. That's just blasphemy. 

 

"I should ask Minjoo where she puts the refill for the sugar-- Wait," Yujin pauses. If she were to contact Minjoo over a trivial thing like this, Minjoo's parents might think of her as a useless future daughter-in-law. She's not going to cast aside the trust and approval that Minjoo's parents had given her. Minjoo's parents were already welcoming enough to her and the fact that her parents openly accepts their daughter's lesbian lover at this age-- nope. Yujin's a grown woman. She can survive being away from Minjoo for a day.

 

Yujin went on rummaging the cabinets for the bag of sugar and gives up several minutes later when she couldn't see the item that she was looking for anywhere. 

 

"Whatever. I'll just order delivery then," Yujin says to herself and picks up her phone from the counter, skimming through the delivery menus she had saved in her phone. "Minjoo-ah, what do you want to have--" Yujin calls out to the older girl and stops herself when she realizes that her girlfriend is in fact not around. "Oh. Right. I'm alone now." 

 

"...I'll just get fried chicken and pizza then." 

 

Hours passed by and throughout those hours, Yujin for once actually ends up doing a whole lot of house chores. It's not that she doesn't help Minjoo for one bit when it comes to the chores, but Minjoo seems to be more fond of doing them by herself and Yujin does help out with the dishes and making dinner occasionally.

 

But putting that aside, Minjoo would've been proud of her when she returns home to see not a single speck of dust in the house. 

 

Her lips juts out into a pout when she glimpses over her phone and not a single notifications comes up from the older girl.

 

Should she just call her? But then again, Minjoo might've been busy with helping her parents out. 

 

And she doesn't really want to come off as desperate. 

 

Another sigh escapes her lips but she soon finds herself staring at the picture on Minjoo's Kakao Talk profile, contemplating on whether to call her girlfriend or not. 

 

"Maybe I shouldn't--" 

 

Her heart almost jumps out of her chest when she sees Minjoo's name appearing on her screen all of the sudden with a phone call notification. It only took Yujin a split second to answer the call, unbeknownst to her was the giddy smile making its appearance on her face. 

 

"Hey," Yujin tries to keep her cool when she hears Minjoo's voice over the phone.

 

"Wow, that was quick of you to answer the phone."

 

"Well. My phone happened to be in my hands so." 

 

"Sure," Minjoo sounds pretty skeptical of her answer but she decides to not question it any further. "I haven't heard anything from you at all today so I called. How are you doing by the way?" 

 

"I'm fine, I had some pizza and chicken for dinner earlier."

 

"Hm, that's good then."

 

"...Are you alright there? You're coming home tomorrow right?" 

 

"Yeah, I had dinner too just now and yes, I'm coming home tomorrow. I just wanted to hear your voice, so I called." 

 

Ah, she just wants to hear her voice. That's so cute-- "Well, take care of yourself then. Don't fall sick when you're there." 

 

"You're acting as if I'm away for months," Yujin could hear a snort from the other line, followed by a soft chuckle. "Anyway, you too. Don't get sick while I'm away. I'm going to hang up now since I need to help out with a few more stuff around the house so I'll see you tomorrow alright? Goodnight."

 

"Mhm. Goodnight then." 

 

Being away from Minjoo is not so bad after all. 

 

Yujin is just content with the fact that Minjoo is indeed coming home tomorrow and maybe, a part of Yujin too is happy at the fact that what she considers as home is home too for Minjoo. 

 


Author's Note - Don't kill me for not updating my other fics yet uwu Follow me on @izawanchu and don't be shy. Are you guys tired of the fluff yet >:D Damn them normies (Jinjoo) in this fic for making us single people miserable