Chapter 4 - If I Could Turn Back Time

After All (JaeYong)

"If I could turn back time, if I could find a way, I'd take back those words that've hurt you, and you'd stay..."

 

Present Time...

 

Taeyong left the living room to call his sister in his room. He pressed Sunny's number from his phone and waited for her to pick up the call. He didn't wait too long for his sister to pick up. But when she did, he wasted no time and started talking.

 

"Guess who I bumped into the bookshop earlier? I am sooooo pissed off!" Taeyong said.

 

"Why, hello to you too, my brother." Sunny answered jokingly. "Let me guess, Jaehyun?"

 

"Right. You know as well..." he said.

 

"Of course I know! I'm best friends with his sister! And come on, TY. We all know that that cafe is his favorite hang out place. Don't tell me that slipped off your mind when you decided to go there with your friends KNOWING that he might be there." Sunny said.

 

"It's not like I can't hang out in that cafe with my friends, though? And why does he act like we're okay? It's annoying." Taeyong said with a frown in his face.

 

"Uhm.. about that... Remember your high school graduation?" Sunny asked.

 

"Well... He sent you some flowers and you posted a picture of you with it." Sunny said.

 

"Wait. What? Those came from him?? WHY ARE YOU ONLY TELLING ME THIS NOW?!" Taeyong was almost yelling. He cannot believe what he's hearing right now.

 

"Taeyong. It's not a big of a deal..." SUnny started.

 

"Of course it is!" Taeyong said.

 

"No. It isn't. Yong... It's just flowers. Jaehyun cares about you. Just because he left Seoul to study in LA, it doesn;t mean that he already forgot about you. He tried to reach out but you keep on pushing him away..." Sunny answered. Taeyong can feel that just got serious but he's still not taking any of it.

 

"No. Still no." Taeyong said.

 

"Just give him one chance. Please. It's for your own good." Sunny said for the last time and ended the call.

 

He knows why his sister ended the call, to end the argument. But a few minutes after that, he received a text message from Sunny reminding him of their dinner and how important that he needs to be there. And the last part gave him shivers...

 

"And by the way, Dad threatened to cut you off everything, including the will, if you don't show up."

 

What's so important that his Dad even made a threat like that? He wasn't believing any of it but Sunny then sent a screenshot of their Dad's text message. He sighed and that's when he finally joined Doyoung and Ten in the living room.

 

He was still so pissed off of Sunny, so he decided to get back at her by posting an old picture of her in High School in a high ponytail and full bangs, wearing bright orange and white dress. Naturally, Sunny reacted the way Taeyong expected her to do so. To add to the fun, Jessica posted an old picture of Sunny when she had super short and blonde hair. So Sunny decided to get back at Jessica instead of Taeyong. She tweeted an old picture of Jessica that she once posted in MySpace when they were both into music. It was then when Taeyong received a notification that Yuta mentioned him in a tweet. When clicked on it, he was directed in a tweet Jaehyun made just a few minutes ago. It was a picture of both of them back in High School. Young Jaehyun was clinging on Taeyong's arm. He remembered when this was taken. It was during one their joint family trips in Thailand. Krystal, Jaehyun's older sister, was the one who took it. That made Taeyong miss Krys. They were close especially because Krystal is only a year older than him, and also because of their mutual love for fashion, much like Jessica. It was a good memory but he doesn't like the timing.

 

Taeyong then proceeded to tweet an indirect hit to Jaehyun. 

 

Stop it. You're not invited on the fun."

 

He then received another notification from Yuta, mentioning Jaehyun.

 

"NAKAMOTO YUTA! I SWEAR TO GOD!!!!!" he yelled and Doyoung and Ten jumped out of surprise.

 

"Do something about Yuta!" Ten whispered to Doyoung.

 

"Why me?" Doyoung whined.

 

"Just do it! Before Taeyong bursts out again." Ten said, and Doyoung just sighed before getting up to call Yuta.

 

When Taeyong calmed down, he told his friends that he won't be able to join them for dinner because of the dinner that Sunny told him about. He told them about the threats that his Dad made.

 

"It's okay, TY. I have plans anyway." Doyoung said, and that made Taeyong and Ten look at him in surprise.

 

"You? Have a plan? at 8PM in the evening?" Taeyong asked.

 

"Ugh. Can't I?" Doyoung answered.

 

"You have a date!!!" Ten said excitedly.

 

"No, I don't!" Doyoung denied.

 

"Yes, you do!" Taeyong joined in.

 

"La la la I can't hear you over the sound of my foot steps going to the front door!" Doyoung said, ears covered.

 

Taeyong and Ten just laughed and stood up as well. Taeyong hugged both of his friends before they left his apartment. And just like that, he was left with his thoughts...

 

another chance, huh? he thought to himself and started to get ready for the dinner.

 

Sunny informed him that they will be having it at the famous S buffet Restaurant at S hotel, and that the dress code is business casual. 

 

As soon as he arrived at the hotel entrance, he saw Jaehyun getting out of another taxi. He pretended like he didn't see him and walked staright to the hotel lobby. But Jaehyun did see him and he kept a close distance to Taeyong while they were walking. Whenever Taeyong quickens his pace, Jaehyun does as well. And that's when Taeyong decided to turn around and face him, with Jaehyun almost colliding with him.

 

"Are you stalking me?" Taeyong asked, arms crossed around his chest.

 

"Chill! I'm not. I'm here to meet my sisters at S restaurant." Jaehyun said.

 

"Funny... I'm going there to meet Sunny noona, Jeno and Mark." Taeyong said and continued to walk to the direction of the restaurant.

 

"So, does this mean that we can go together?" Jaehyun asked, when he finally caught up with Taeyong.

 

"It's not like I have a choice." Taeyong answered, and that made Jaehyun smile from ear to ear.

 

When they arrived at S Restaurant, they were greeted by the host and was directed to a section that was reserved by Jessica. There was a confused look on both of their faces because both of their families, minus their parents, are in one table. It's been years since this last happened.

 

"What's... up?" Taeyong asked when they reached the table.

 

There were only two seats left and it was side by side with Krystal and Sunny on each side. It was Krystal who stood up first to greet the two boys.

 

"It's a family dinner!" she went to Taeyong and hugged him really tight. "I missed you!"

 

"I missed you too!" Taeyong answered, hugging her back. "It's been a while!"

 

"I know, right?! This is all Jae's fault." Krystal gave Jaehyun a frown, and Jaehyun raised his hands in surrender in return. "Wait a minute... You came together... Does this mean that you're back together?"

 

"No! No... We just accidentally met outside. Our cabs arrived at the same time." Taeyong answered shyly.

 

"Accidentally my ..." Sunny whispered under her breathe.

 

"You're saying something?" Taeyong looked at his sister.

 

"Nothing. I just said you look good." Sunny smiled at her brother.

 

"You do look good, love." Jaehyun said with a smile on his face.

 

"Don't... call me love." Taeyong answered and went back to eating.

 

When everyone finished eating, Jessica and Sunny stood up and asked for everyone's attention. They're not sure how they should start but confidence still radiates the two women.

 

"Okay. So uhmm... How should we start?" Sunny asked Jessica, who was just looking at her. "We invited everyone here to have a family dinner, right?" she started.

 

"Duh." Taeyong said softly, earning a smack on the head from Sunny. He immediately covered his head to protect himself from future attacks but he saw Jaehyun giggling and he rolled his eyes at him.

 

"The real reason why we called everyone here tonight is because we have a big announcement to make. But before you assume anything, neither I nor Sunny are getting married." Jessica said, hands on Jaehyun's shoulders.

 

"As we all know, both of our parents are in the US. The last time I visited them, Jessica and I met and our parents talked to both of us." Sunny continued.

 

"They had a meeting regarding our families and out futures prior to meeting us..." Jessica trailed off.

 

"Long story short... Both parents of both families agreed that... Uhm..." Sunny started reluctantly.

 

Jessica and SUnny looked at each other, both unsure of how they should deliver the news. But Krystal being Krystal, just rolled her eyes and stood up.

 

"Oh for crying out loud! Jaehyun and Taeyong will be married to each other! There! Done!" Krystal said with a smile on her face.

 

Looks of shock was evident in everyone's faces aside for Jessica, Krystal and Sunny. Even Jaehyun was surprised but he cannot hide the smile on his face upon hearing the news and Taeyong was quick to notice it.

 

"What are you smiling about? You knew about this! Did you plan this with uncle and auntie?!" Taeyong was hitting Jaehyun on the arms.

 

"Love! Of couse not! I was surprised as well! Love, please stop!" Jaehyun answered while trying to dodge Taeyong's hands.

 

"Stop calling me love!" Taeyong screamed at Jaehyun and left the restaurant quickly.

 

While walking, he felt everyone's eyes on him, even the restaurant staff and other patrons. Embarrassment started to creep on his skin and he walked faster out of the place.

 

Eventually, he found himself by the pool area all alone. Outdoor lights illuminating it along with the bright moon and sparkling stars in the sky. He took off his shoes, dipped his feet in the water and sat by the poolside.

 

Everyone was shocked when Taeyong walked out. Jessica and SUnny knows that Taeyong still loves Jaehyun but is currently not open for forgiveness for eveything that happened three years ago. Jaehyun stood up and left the restaurant in hopes of finding Taeyong. He might have an idea on where he can find the love of his life and he knows that he will not be leaving the hotel just like that.

 

"It's not like I don't want to... I still love him... But it still hurts me everytime I remember what happened before... Self, I still love Jaehyun. What should I do..." Taeyong said to himself while looking at his reflection in the pool.

 

"Give Jaehyun a chance. Maybe that will lift some baggage of your back." Taeyong heard someone answer him. When he looked back, he saw Jaehyun standing near with a smile on his face. Goddammit that face. "I know that he's willing to do everything to get you back and make you happy again."

 

"Taeyong's already happy with what he has." Taeyong answered and looked at his reflection again. He felt Jaehyun sit beside him and dipped his feet on the water as well.

 

"I know he is. But I know that he will even be happier if he has Jaehyun in his life again. Jaehyun promises that he will never hurt on leave Taeyong again." Jaehyun said while looking at Taeyong.

 

Taeyong looked at Jaehyun, eyes already started watering. Jaehyun smiled and wiped the tears off the other boy's eyes. He held Taeyong's cheek and smiled again.

 

"I promise." Jaehyun said, he then kissed Taeyong on the forehead.

 

With that, Taeyong dropped everything. He hugged Jaehyun tightly and finally started letting every tears he kept inside while longing for Jaehyun to come back...