Chapter 2 - Strong Enough

After All (JaeYong)

 

"There's no more to say, so save your breathe and just walk away..."

 

Taeyong was smoking mad. Jaehyun doesn't have the right to just waltz back in to his life. He doesn't have the right to smile at him like he didn't do anything wrong. He doesn't have the right to make him feel things other than loathing. He doesn't have any rights in Taeyong's world.

 

After that episode in the café, Ten and Doyoung decided that it would be better if they just have their orders to go, because Taeyong and Jaehyun under the same roof is not the best thing at that moment. The comforts of Taeyong's little apartment is what the boy needs and that's where his two friends dragged him for a cool down.

 

As soon as they arrived, Taeyong threw himself into his bed facedown and stayed silent for a while.

 

"Is he still alive?" Ten asked Doyoung as they stood over their friend's motionless body.

 

Before Doyoung can even answer, they heard what sounded like soft sobs that immediately turned into a loud growl which frightened them both.

 

Taeyong sat up and screamed.

 

"I HATE HIM! WHY DOES HE HAVE TO COME BACK!!!!" Taeyong screamed and threw himself back facedown on his pillow and screamed so loud into it.

 

"It was bound to happen..." Doyoung started but was cut off by his friend's frightening glare.

 

"Yes, he can come back to Seoul. BUT! It doesn't mean that he can come right back into Taeyong's life." Ten said as he gave Taeyong a tray with a piece of chocolate and a medium cup of strawberry yoghurt smoothie, which the other boy took, gave his friend a thankful pout and slowly started eating.

 

"Well if you put it THAT way." Doyoung said, now seated beside Taeyong on the bed while sipping his caramel milk tea.

 

"I shouldn't have acted that way, though..." Taeyong, now calmed down by the sweets his friends were stuffing him, said.

 

He was and is still mad at Jaehyun for what he did four years ago, but Johnny and Yuta didn't deserve to get affected by association to Jaehyun.

 

"Say sorry to Johnny and Yuta for me?" Taeyong asked Ten with the same pout he uses whenever he wants something.

 

"There's no need. Don't worry about it. They both understood what happened." Ten answered and gave his friend a tight hug.

 

When Taeyong stormed off after his unexpected meeting with Jaehyun at the bookshop, Johnny and Yuta, tried to do some damage control. They tried to reason out with Taeyong like the good, real friends they are, stating that Jaehyun came back just for him and whatnot, but Taeyong can't be bothered. Instead of his usual interactions with the two boys, he gave them an intense look that made the two boys back away with Johnny's hands raised half up, as if he was surrendering.

 

By then, Jaehyun was seated on the far end of the café, facing his friends, his love and his friends. He couldn't help but just look down at his americano, but he would give Taeyong a longing, apologetic look every now and then. Taeyong, in return, would give him a death stare everytime he caught Jaehyun looking.

 

When Ten and Doyoung decided that it would be better to just go to Taeyong's apartment, Jaehyun stood up as soon as they did and approached them. Taeyong gave him the most intense death glare he can push out of himself.

 

"Walk. Away." he said as soon as Jaehyun reached them. "I have nothing else to say to you, Jaehyun. You don't have any business with me anymore. I do not give a single whether you came back for me or what. You're not a part of me or my life anymore."

 

Jaehyun was stunned, and clearly hurt by what Taeyong said. He watched as the friends walked out of the café. Johnny and Yuta stood beside him, comforting their dejected and rejected friend. But Jaehyun is not the type go just give up.

 

"We'll see about that." he said.

 

What a Jung wants, a Jung gets. And he wants Lee Taeyong no matter what.