la douleur exquise

Word.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That year Kang Hyewon sat in a row of guest seats, looking up at the ceremony.

 

In front of her was Kwon Eunbi - the girl she has loved for nearly 20 years. Exactly 14 years. But after all, 14 years were just a meaningless number when Hyewon’s love for her wasn't as important as her parents' command.

 

They wanted her to get married. So, after finishing the contract, Eunbi stepped onto the wedding car.

 

Hyewon knew Eunbi didn't love her husband. Hyewon really understands her woman.

 

Well, used to be hers. Now she is another man’s woman.

 

Hyewon didn't stay at the wedding party for too long when she felt the pain was raging in her chest. Her face quickly turned pale when every of pain was strucking inside Hyewon . The pain reached to the limit caused Hyewon to faint right in the middle of wedding. Before losing her consciousness, she still saw Kwon Eunbi's worried expression.

 

“That's good, at least she still cares about me.” That was the last thing on Hyewon’s mind before she was covered with darkness.

 

***

 

The doctor told her it was okay, there was no harm or wound that caused the pain. It's because of the psychological trauma so the brain automatically causes such pain.

 

Turns out this is a feeling of losing your loved one? The feeling that hurts you to death...

 

***

 

Years later, Hyewon's pain showed no signs of remission and it was even worse. She often had to take painkillers to calm down. Of course, she didn't tell anyone about her situation. Telling others about it only makes people worry. Either way, Hyewon has gradually become acquainted with the sudden pains.

 

It only arrives at the end of the month - when the twelve of them meet, when she meets Kwon Eunbi again.

 

It took Hyewon 2 years to make a decision to see Eunbi again. That was when Eunhye was born. She was shocked when the members told her the baby’s name was “Eunhye”. Eunhye is a combination of “Eunbi” and “Hyewon”. Eunhye means “favour” in Chinese. “Eun” (恩) and “Hye” (惠) are both from the word “favour” and when you combine them together, you get the completed word (恩惠). They wanted to see their future kid as the favour and grace that God gives to them.

 

And Hyewon almost bursted into tears when Eunhye started calling her “mama”. They used to decide to teach the kid to call Eunbi as “mommy” and Hyewon as “mama”. And that word coming out from the little kid’s mouth just brought back all the good memories. She wanted to refuse it at first but this was Eunbi’s child, Hyewon just can’t hate what belongs to Eunbi. It’s Kwon Eunbi we’re talking about…

 

She noticed that Eunbi didn't wear a wedding ring when they met. Though she wanted to ask the older why, she couldn't open . Between the two of them is now having an invisible wall, she could not walk over, nor did Eunbi. Both were hard-headed and just silently enjoying the brief moments together.

 

***

 

Lately, the pain has been worse than ever before, Hyewon couldn't even breathe when the pain .

 

Hyewon must take psychological therapy.

 

And incidentally, one day she went to see her doctor, Hyewon saw the familiar image on the medical record cover. She quickly picked it up.

 

It was Kwon Eunbi’s!

 

Did she go to psychological therapy too?

 

"Doctor, this perso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter