The Illusion

The Gamer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV

I'm on a skype call with Jisoo. Or should I say, I'm on a skype call with FriendlyChu<3, who is also Jisoo that doesn't know who am I. All she knows me as is a player with superb skills in dying.

"Hello." The voice on the other side greeted me as I answered the incoming skype call. With a shaky breath, I greeted her back and the voice of a robot was heard instead.

"Yah, why does your voice sound so weird? Did you install a voice changing software?"

"Yes, do you have a problem with that?"

"Of course I do! Here I am using my real voice while you are using some monotonous robotic voice. Are you trying to cover up the fact that you are a dude??"

"You didn't say that I wasn't allowed to do this. Plus I was worried that you might have done the some!" I quickly retaliated and listened to her voice. It really seems weird for me to be talking with Jisoo without Chaeyoung and Lisa with us. Normally, the only time I'll have any interaction with Jisoo is when the four of us hang out together.

"Aish, whatever, let's continue with the game." She sounded annoyed over the call and I stayed quiet as her character walked away from mine. "Remember, if you see that damn tamer or priest, let me know immediately."

"Yes ma'am!"

"Don't you ma'am me Mandus! I'm a miss alright. A young, innocent and pretty lady." If I hadn't known who she was, I would have rebutted her statement by saying how ugly she is and how old she probably was in real life. But I couldn't. Not after knowing that she is Jisoo, the prettyass girl who is indeed young... I'm not so sure about the innocent part yet though.

 

 

"Okay Miss Jis- Jichu!" I almost had a slip of the tongue and I heaved a sigh in relief that I managed to catch myself before making a mistake.

We soon left the town and headed into the open PVP areas. It was a wide open field with almost no trees, mountains or anything that could potentially have players lurking around, waiting to ambush us.

I kept my eyes on the screen and moved my camera around to survey the map.

All clear, no one's here.

We proceeded with caution while silence filled the skype call. None of us was talking as we were both high on alert for any sudden attack.

"Let's walk faster shall we? Time is ticking and there isn't anyone around us." I was the first to break the silence as I was getting impatient with the fact that we are only taking 10 steps every 30 seconds.

That's considered really really really slow as the snail that is just beside my character moves even faster than I do.

"I'm only walking this slowly because I have to protect some noob that is behind me."

"No-Noob?? Excuse me, in case you didn't know, I can protect myself real fine. You are probably just scared or something!" Having a conversation with FriendlyChu<3 on text and on the call was real different. On text, everything seems more calm and chill as you can't hear the tone the person is implying.

However on the call, you can hear how bored she is and that she means every word she says. She also sounds rather pissed with the fact that I am a noob! But I'm not!

 

 

"Scared? Why should I be scared? Fine. If you wanna walk so quickly then be my guest. I'll take my time."

"Fine!" I made my character sprint pass the snail and dashed my way across the wide open fields. I was running without a care in this world but I never noticed how our surrounding still looks the same despite walking a considerable amount of distance.

"Y-Ya... Jichu, something seems weird." My character started slowing down and eventually stopped while I waited for Jisoo to catch up with me.

"What?" She sounded ticked off and she was so different from the Jisoo I just met hours ago. The Jisoo from hours ago was friendly, childish, humorous, kind and caring. But this gamer Jisoo was the total opposite, she felt like an evil twin. She was mean, sarcastic, a big bully, unhelpful and just... Urgh.

"Don't you think everything still looks the same as before?"

Her character finally caught up with mine and stopped beside me to turn a full 360 to inspect our surroundings. "."

I started to panic, my leg started to shake from nervousness and my armpits were starting to sweat buckets. Oh god, guess I'll have to shower after this.

"W-What's wrong? What's with the cursing?"

"... This is a trap. Crap me! Why didn't I notice this sooner? I was too busy bickering with you to notice this goddamn illusion that has been placed."

"Illusion? Since when? I didn't see anyone?"

"It was probably casted before we came out from the town."

"What should we do now? Should we teleport back to town? Do I call the cops?" I was rambling on nonsensical questions that didn't make sense. Like who even calls the cops because of some killer in a video game? I'll probably get sent to a mental hospital to get treated.

 

 

"Calm down! Stop talking because you are so noisy I can't even think properly!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter