Out of Your League

Draft Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myoui Mina, the average freshman. She's not from a wealthy family, not in luxurious life or even expensive clothes. She lives only with her mom on the top of a cheap flat. Her mom only sells goguma to live since her Japanese father passed away because of hit and run accident. Mina knows that it's hard for her mom to support her study. That's why having good grades is her focus to always get a scholarship. And here she is, walking to Apgujeong High School, one of prestigious school in Seoul.

Today is the first day of school. It may be her next routine, walking to the bus stop at 7 am. It only takes 30 minutes till the bus arrives at the next stop near her new school. Not long after she gets off the bus, a light blue Volkswagen beetle passes her and enters the school's gate.

Mina sees someone walks out the passenger's seat. In seconds, that person sees Mina too. And wow, Mina can't stop staring. Cute. Probably one of freshman in the school. Ok, stop staring Myoui, you need to go to teacher's room now before the bell rings.

With all documents she has prepared for scholarship, Mina enters the teacher's room. While the teacher is busy with her documents, Mina's wondering what kind of students are in the school. She secretly takes student data on teacher's table.

Not even surprised, all the students look expensive. Until her eyes stop at certain page, class 11-2. Mina's staring and thinking that this senior of her doesn't even look like a high school student. Im Nayeon. That's her name, with a cheerful bunny teeth smile. Oh! That one with light blue VW car! Wait. She's her senior???

After the teacher has checked her documents, she goes to her class. It's only the first day in school, but she has a close friend already, Park Jihyo. Well, they're friends since childhood. She takes her seat right next to the window. Watching outside, and such an unexpected moment, she sees her again, that senior, together with other 3 girls. Mina doesn't realize that her bunny teeth radiates happiness to her. She smiles unconsciously.

Days become weeks, weeks become months. Everyday she goes to school "together" with that VW car. But not until today. Does she come late? Mina's wondering since it's the first time. Her smile can brighten Mina's days, she's kinda miss it even they don't know each other. Well, not only Mina, but all students in school agree Nayeon's smile brighten their days. She's so so popular, as Mina found it just few days in school.

Before entering school hallway, Mina's squatting down to tie her shoelaces. Just before she can stand properly, there are 2 persons in front of her. They look at Mina with the eyes of detective. Mina finds it weird. Aren't these girls Nayeon's friends?

Yup. They are. They're introducing themselves, Momo and Jeongyeon. But, why? Momo even agrees Mina's indeed cute as what the "snake" said. What "snake"??? But before asking question, they leave her confused.

Mina tells that weird scene to Jihyo. To her surprise, Jihyo only gives a smirk. Jihyo thinks that it's Mina's chance to get to know Nayeon unnie. With all kind of unlogic analysis, Jihyo sees Mina has a slight crush to this senior. Can't blame, Mina loves watching outside the window everytime class 11-2 has PE at school yard. But does she? Isn't it normal to all students since Nayeon's so popular? Jihyo can't fully agree since she doesn't see Nayeon as warm as Mina sees her.

And suddenly Bang Chan, her other close friend, joining the conversation, saying that Mina needs to be careful. No one knows, their senior may be a bully. Who calls a friend as "snake" if s/he isn't a bad person?

But the weird thing doesn't stop. Mina is invited to her classmate's birthday party. Unlike other party, her friend invites all to the cinema to watch movie together. Since it's weekend and Mina almost never goes to cinema, so she agrees with it. Unfortunately, she can't take a seat beside Jihyo since all seats have taken. There's one seat left, she doesn't care with whom she may seat, so she just takes it.

All her friends have taken their own seats. But strangely, there are four seats empty on her left and only a wall on her right. Until one by one the seat is claimed by the owner. The last person, who has seat next to Mina suddenly got shocked. Mina sees it clearly, and she's no different. It's Im "freaking" Nayeon.

Mina tries to focus on the movie. But how can you stay calm when the head turner Im Nayeon is beside you??? Mina can't help it. She steals a glance when the lights are dim. But she's not the only one. Nayeon does the same. Nayeon does the SAME!? It surprises Mina, as fast as the light, she turns her focus back to the movie. What's happened? Only coincidence? All she knows, her heart beats fast. 

That moment in cinema is haunting Mina even days have passed. Chan has told her that it's just a coincidence. She knows that. She knows Nayeon won't ever take a look on her, an average human being. No car, no expensive perfume, nothing. But her heart is so stubborn. There's a slight smile everytime she remembers that moment. But that smile suddenly disappears when there 2 seniors with their y faces come closer to her table while she's eating her fruit salad in school's cafeteria.

Mina looks at their names, Kim Jennie and Song Mino. As long as she remembers, Mina's never impolite to her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter