Chapter 1 - Deleted Scene 2: The Aftermath II

The End of Hardship

"Are you going to keep it?" Nayeon had asked, a question that Dahyun had never anticipated having to answer.

"Yeah...Yeah I am,” Dahyun replied, “but I'm going to need to go to the doctor. I'll need vitamins and stuff to make sure the...to make sure everything is okay."

"Jeongyeon and Nayeon still need their flu shots." Jihyo chimed in, a plan forming in her mind.

"Why are you bringing this up so suddenly?" Jeongyeon didn’t seem to understand what Jihyo was implying.

"Because she can go with you two without the managers getting suspicious." Jihyo replied.

Dahyun nods. It's a good plan.

It's just not one she ever thought she would be making.

Anxiously, Dahyun picks up her cell phone and dials the number for the women’s clinic. The other members in the room couldn’t help but notice her trembling hands as she held the phone to her ear.

Nayeon stretched out her fingers, covering Dahyun’s much smaller hand as she laced their fingers together.

After a few minutes of being on hold—and after Jeongyeon took the phone and grilled the receptionist on the hospital’s patient confidentiality clauses—Dahyun’s appointment is finally made.

After the rush of adrenaline is gone, Dahyun’s anxiety finally gets the best of her, and her porcelain skin goes a lighter shade of pale as she runs for the waste bin in the corner of the room, just in time to be sick.

Once Dahyun is finished being sick, Jeongyeon walks over to take out the trash bag, hoping to solve what small problems she can.

“Sorry unnies,” Dahyun says with tears in her voice, mortified as she notices that there is sick on her shirt and in her hair. “I’m, uh gonna go shower.”

The mood in the dorm is fairly quiet for the rest of the day, the members all still in shock from the morning’s revelation.

Dahyun stays to herself for the majority of the day, her mind still reeling from everything that had happened.

Two months ago—when her assault had taken place—her entire world had been shaken to its core, her foundation crumbled beneath her like a house made of sand. It had only been in the last few weeks that she was starting to feel like herself again.

Now she had no idea what to feel at all.

She was pregnant with a baby she had never imagined having.

Not like this.

She was confused, heartbroken, and utterly terrified.

Her world had completely shifted on axis once again, and she didn’t know how to take the next steps forward.

Her mind cloudy, she tried her best to sleep, but only managed to toss and turn for an hour or so.

“Chaengie, are you awake?” She whispered into the darkness of the room.

The response she got was the soft snores of her younger sister.

Dahyun smiled weakly, quietly sliding out of the bed and leaving the room, trying not to wake up Chaeyoung.

Her bare feet padded against the cold hardwood floors as she made her way down the hall, gently rapping on the door at the end of the hall, before opening the door and walking in.

“Hey,” Jeongyeon looked up from her phone, her bare face illuminated by the light of her cell phone. “You okay?”

“I can’t sleep, and I…” Dahyun’s voice trails off, “I just don’t want to be alone right now. Can I come stay with you for a while?”

Jeongyeon nodded, pulling down the duvet, opening up a spot for Dahyun to lay beside her.

Dahyun crosses the room and curls up against Jeongyeon, clinging to the older girl like a scared child during a thunderstorm. She’s nearly silent, and if Jeongyeon hadn’t noticed the subtle change in Dahyun’s breathing, she wouldn’t have known that the girl was crying.

“I’ve got you, Dah,” Jeongyeon pulled Dahyun closer to herself, rocking her gently back and forth.

Jeongyeon knew she had no words of advice that could possibly make this situation better, so instead she lay there, letting Dahyun feel all of the emotions that she’d bottled up the entire day as she soaked her shirt with salty tears.

“Unnie,” Dahyun sobs, unable to form an end to her sentence.

“I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere, okay?” Jeongyeon whispers, planting a kiss atop Dahyun’s head.

After a few minutes, Momo walks into the bedroom. She doesn’t question Dahyun’s presence in her and Jeongyeon’s bed, she simply crawls into the bed and proceeds to sandwich Dahyun between Jeongyeon and herself.

There was nothing Momo hated in this world more than seeing her little sister in this state. She hated that she couldn’t make her feel better, hated that she couldn’t take her place, couldn’t make her worries go away.

Focusing instead on something she can fix, Momo begins running her fingers through Dahyun’s ashy brown locks of hair and begins to softly braid the younger girl’s hair. She takes the tie out of her own hair and puts it in Dahyun’s hair.

“If you have morning sickness again, this will help keep your hair out of the way.” Momo says, finishing the braid. She places a light kiss on Dahyun’s cheek, before wrapping her arms around the girl.

The room is quiet for a while after this, until Dahyun speaks up.

“I can get out of you guys’ bed if you need me to,” Dahyun’s teary whisper breaks the silence.

The older sisters ignored the younger girl, snuggling her tighter between the two of them.

“You don’t have to leave, Dahyunie.” Jeongyeon runs her hand over the top of Dahyun’s hair, careful not to undo Momo’s handiwork. “You can stay with us tonight. There’s plenty of room, as long as Momo doesn’t sprawl out like a starfish.” Jeongyeon jokes, trying to prod a smile out of the younger girl.

The room grows quiet again, the only sound breaking the silence is the hum of the heater and the rhythmic breathing of the three girls.

After a few moments Dahyun speaks up again, the tears on her ivory skin sparkling under the night lights that shined through the window. “Unnies...I’m really scared.”

She was scared of so much.

Scared of what was happening.

Scared of what she was feeling.

Scared of the uncertain future.

“You don’t have to be scared,” Momo whispered, holding the smaller girl tightly against herself. “You have all of us. It’s gonna be okay.”

There are so many things that Dahyun wants to say, so many emotions running through her mind, and yet she can’t bring herself to express any of them.

She chokes back a sob, and leans her head over on Jeongyeon’s chest.

She breathes the only word she’s able to stay without breaking down completely.

Saranghe.”