Reminders

My Sunflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life has been going okay for Taemin regardless of the break up. He drowned himself in big projects, concerts, variety shows, trips with friends just to forget about the pain. He’s now the most popular soloists in Korea, with countless albums and awards. His hard work and dedication to his craft is what makes Taemin, Taemin and that didn’t leave unnoticed. He is basically the role model of every aspiring idol. 

It’s a beautiful night, he looked out his apartment window with a glass of whiskey. He can’t seem to enjoy it despite the amount of success he has. Ever since it happened he has been drinking every single night, but the past month he started to cut down. ‘hyung what should I do?’ he thought to himself. He looked at the small potted plant in the corner of the room. 

‘oppa your apartment is so dull just like your personality, you need some green in here’, Naeun jokingly criticized 

‘waa Son Naeun you’re brave now eh? you’re now making jokes at me now that we’re dating for 68 days’ said Taemin in sing song voice.

‘woah oppa! I didn’t know you’re the type that counts the days, I don’t even remember, do you smell something? Because I smell something pathetic’ Naeun pinched her nose jokingly with a smile 

‘ha ha ha very funny but of course I remember! We need to celebrate our 100th day and someone needs to since I know you wouldn’t’ 

‘what did you say? You’re so bad oppa!’ Naeun pretended to gasp and started to chase him around the living room. Taemin ran away from her and they were both shrieking laughing. Taemin then slowed down so Naeun could catch him. 

‘Got you!’ Naeun yelled happily, but Taemin had other plans. He flipped around and lifted her up, ‘are you sure about that?’, he grinned. Naeun shrieked ‘Wahh oppa put me down!’ Taemin put her down on the couch gently and they were panting from all that running. 

‘You know you’re as heavy as a fridge right?’, he said jokingly while poking her cheek. Naeun pouted, and Taemin gave in immediately ‘Okay okay, light as a feather babe’.

Taemin looked around his living room and contemplated on what Naeun said, ‘You’re right though, this place needs more plants, what do you say we get some?’

‘okay, let’s go!’, she agreed. 

It’s been a year, he missed her incredibly, and this apartment is not helping because it is full of her. He didn’t even throw away the things she left behind. He wanted her still, but after what he did he knew it was going to be impossibly hard to get her back. He had a reason, he just couldn’t tell her yet. Regardless though, the way he reacted was awful and he knew it, doing that in front of everyone what was he thinking. She caught him at the worst possible moment and exploded. He was mad at everyone, and Naeun being the closest person he has, suffered the most. He loved her so much but at that point even she couldn’t help his grief, she didn’t even know of him. 

His phone vibrated, he looked at the phone notification.

‘How did she take the flowers?’, Chungha texted. 

Taemin sighed, Chungha has been a really good friend, despite just meeting recently. She accidentally saw him drinking away in a bar, it was Naeun’s birthday, and it was the first time they spent her birthday separately. Chungha and Taemin has only met once when they had the meeting for the mama performance, and yet she was nice enough to take care of him. Taemin ended up telling her everything about Naeun, since his drunken state can only talk about her. Now she acts as an accomplice to get Naeun back. 

That time, he was still much of a coward to beg for her, and the grief was still there, he wouldn’t be the boyfriend she wanted to have. He needed to grief alone so that he wouldn’t hurt anyone anymore, especially Naeun. After all this time, time spent away from her still hurt but the isolation was essential. 

‘She didn’t take it very well ...’, Taemin replied.  

It didn’t take Chungha very long to reply, ‘Dummy you must’ve done something wrong!’ 

Taemin thought of the things he did, he thought he had been quite romantic even though he could’ve held back more in the rooftop but when he saw her, his body instinctively remembered, ‘Well … I kinda gave her a room full of flowers instead of just a bouquet …’ 

A replied came fast, I guess she’s not busy, Taemin thought. 

‘That screams desperation … but I guess some girls would actually like that, I don’t know Naeun personally so I wouldn’t know’, Chungha replied.  

Taemin tried to defend himself, ‘and I was … really nervous that I started acting like this , I just wanted to be normal and polite but my stupid brain …’

‘not surprised …’, Chungha replied. 

Taemin just grumbled but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter