Nostalgia

My Sunflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun arrived at her apartment really late. She changed into a pair of sweats and a tank top, and opened a bottle of wine. She looked out the window of her apartment and sighed, ‘Lee Taemin what am I going to do with you’, she shook her head lightly. She sits on her sofa overlooking the Seoul skyline and looked over the side table, a single stalk of sunflower sitting in a small vase. Naeun ponders on why did she even brought it home, how can she get even more pathetic?

Her phone vibrates. ‘Naeun, how did the show go? Sorry I wasn’t able to make it I had another schedule. I wouldn’t have missed it afterwards’, texted Myungsoo. She wasn’t surprised at the text, Myungsoo would text her occasionally, he was always a caring oppa ever since she debuted but he is also rather busy because he keeps getting lead roles in dramas. She’s not surprised though, Myungsoo has the face, the talent and the heart for it, he deserves all the success. However regardless of his hectic schedule he would always have time for her.

Taemin wasn’t fond of Myungsoo, they had an awkward friendship because he thought that Myungsoo had always liked Naeun. He would always tell her to watch out for him but Naeun never believed him, Myungsoo has always been a big brother to her. When Naeun had that minor concussion, he came to visit her more than the members, he always brought her fruit and daisies, not sunflowers. She knew she can always rely on her big brother.

 

[flashback]

 

There was a knock at the door and came in Myungsoo with a basket of fruits and bouquet of daisies. ‘Naeun I came bearing gifts haha!’, Myungsoo joked in a sing-song voice. He grabbed a chair and brought it next to her bed.

‘Oppa! You shouldn’t have, what are you even doing here? Your first shoot is tomorrow, you have to rest!’, Naeun told him with worry. She took the flowers and smelled them. Daisies aren’t her favorite flowers but he didn’t have to know that.

‘Ey since when do you care about me?’ he smirked. He grabbed the daisies from her and put them on the side table. ‘You’re sick I have to visit my little sister, and give you lots of fruit so you heal faster! Then we can start going to art galleries again’, he said with a smile.

Going to art galleries was kind of our thing before we got married started. They were always debating on the message artists were trying to convey from their art, but ended up getting them completely wrong when they googled it. Those were simpler times.

‘ha ha you got me there’, Naeun laughed awkwardly. When Taemin and Naeun were still together, she didn’t really paid much attention to Myungsoo except when he has really big projects or birthdays. ‘But you know I care about you oppa’, she smiled sheepishly.

‘Thank you oppa, you really didn’t have to do this’, she said gratefully. She knew that their relationship got more distanced after we got married started, so she was grateful for the support.

‘Don’t worry, I want to do this, babo’, he ruffled her hair. ‘waah oppa!’ stop, I haven’t washed my hair in 3 days’, Naeun yelled.

‘Ew, Son Naeun, you’re disgusting’, he lifted his hand away from her. Naeun just laughed and put her tongue out.   

‘Now to punish you, you have to help me practice my lines’, he smiled. He took out his script from his bag and gave it to her. ‘Fine, but I’m not promising any great acting on my end’, she grabbed the script and start opening the first page.

 

[Present Day]

 

‘Hi oppa, it’s okay! You had your shoot, how did it go? My show went fine, people said that it was going to be another success lol’, she replied his text.

She then got another text, ‘Hey Nangnie~~ Sorry I missed your show, I heard from Bomi and Hayoung that it was amazing as always! I had to attend a distant relative’s funeral, but I’m going to make it up to you! We’re going to have dinner tomorrow night ok? Clear your schedule for me~~’, Eunji texted.

Eunji was the group’s motherly figure, she always cheered for all of the members individual projects and encourage us to do the best we can. After the incident, she went to Eunji for support the most, since she knew her best. She was the one who was able to steer her away from going back to Taemin.

‘Unnie it’s okay it went great thank you J lucky for you I am free tomorrow!’

‘Assa! We’re going to have a blast! I’m going to call ok’

‘Okay Unnie’

Her ringtone rang and she picked up the phone. “Naeunie~~ Did you have fun at the show?”, Eunji said happily.

Naeun smiled hearing her voice, it’s been a while since she saw her. “I was so full of adrenaline unnie, when the models cam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter