Confrontation

My Sunflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Looking at Taemin in real life compared to pictures is an overwhelming feeling. He looks as handsome as ever, his neat brown hair was revealed as he took off his beanie. He wore a black fitted sweater underneath a shearling moto jacket, paired with black distressed jeans and a pair of black vans. Black has always been a good color on him, and he knew that it was her favorite color on him too. She tried hard not to sigh but just can’t help it. He clearly noticed Naeun giving him a once-over and gave her a little smirk.

‘You like what you see eh?’, he asked jokingly.

Naeun glared at him in response, she passed him as if he wasn’t there and tried to reach the door but was stopped but Taemin. Taemin pulled on her arm, forcing Naeun to acknowledge him.

“I’m sorry, I was joking but please look at me”, he said to her. Naeun ignored him but tried hard to let go his grasp. He wasn’t hurting her but she needed to get out of here.

“Naeun stop, give me a chance to talk”

Naeun ignored him but tried harder to let of his grasp, she tried using her other hand to pull his hand away but he didn’t budge, ‘he got stronger’, she thought. But this is not the time to be thinking about that, she needed to leave, the more she stays the more she is going to cry. She is reminded by the loneliness she went through when he wasn’t there, his annoyance towards her, all the things he said to her and his encounter with Chungha-ssi.

 

[Flashback]

 

Naeun came in bringing a bag full of food to share with him, she also had some delivery people come up to the practice room to bring food and drinks for the staff and dancers. As soon as she came in, Taemin stopped the music and glared at her.

‘I am busy and you dare to disturb me while practice?’, Taemin said in spite.

Naeun bulged her eyes, not understanding the reaction her boyfriend is having. ‘I thought you’d need the extra support, I want to help you, don’t you get that?’

‘You’re the one who doesn’t understand how big this is for me and I can’t have any distractions, just leave ok’, Taemin said angrily

‘I understand that this is important to you but you telling me to just leave? I don’t think so, you’ve been sleeping in practice rooms and rehearsing 24/7, this is not healthy, I just brought some food so that you can take a little break for just at least an hour and you’re the one having a meltdown like a little kid’, Naeun responded.

‘What did you say? I’m having a meltdown? I am doing this for US goddamnit don’t accuse me of having a meltdown, you are the one who came without notice and disturbing everything I have made!’

‘For us? You have got to be kidding me, you have been doing this for you! If you’re doing this for us you would at least have 1 decent conversation with me, or at least go home to your GIRLFRIEND that you so called doing this comeback for! you have been ignoring me for a month! I was lenient at first because I know you need your focus but I worry! And your own girlfriend can’t worry about you? We have not been in contact for a month! Whenever I try to contact you, you just ignore me, whenever I try to comfort you, you avoid me and sometimes you would even get mad at me, now my question is WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?’, she said pointing at his chest hard.

Taemin’s eyes bulged, can’t believe this conversation his having. He pushed her hands away lightly.  ‘I am stressed out with the comeback! WHY DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND? You are supposed to be the understanding girlfriend, let me return the question, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?’

Naeun is on the verge of tears, this is not the answer she wanted. This is not the loving boyfriend she dated for 6 years. Where is the man who professed his love to her on top of the MBC building, where is the man who can’t sleep without hearing her voice? She forgot that the dancers and staff was still there until they were caught trying to tiptoe out of the room but then Taemin held his hand up signaling them to stay.

‘I can’t believe this, you want to do this in front of everyone?’, Naeun said in disbelieve.

‘Don’t worry this will all be done soon’

‘What the—who are you?! and if you’re doing this comeback for ‘us’ then I don’t want this comeback, I want my boyfriend back, since I apparently don’t know who you are anymore. I get a say in this too right since you’re doing this for ‘us’’, Naeun said making quotation marks in the air.

Taemin just looked down looking dejected, refusing to answer. Naeun chuckled sarcastically at how ‘funny’ everything is. ‘This is a joke right’ she thought. Tears are threatening to spill, she closed her eyes for a second to make sure they don’t.

‘See, you’re not even responding, great job Lee Taemin, clearly you’re doing this comeback for yourself, don’t bring me into this’, she took a deep breath. She noticed that everyone is clearly uncomfortable and she felt bad for the others for witnessing this ‘lover’s quarrel’. She paused for a while and continued her revelation.

‘You know what, clearly a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter