Winter and Summer: The Eternal Waltz

When Summer and Winter dance

Her steps are strong and sure, she gives a little nod to the people passing by, the guards open the doors of the Grand Hall.

There’s nothing but silence until she walks towards the throne, she sits carefully and looks around, waiting for her partner.

“Your grace!”

Seulgi turns and smiles softly. “There you are, Wan, I was looking for you.”

“I apologize for being late, Sooyoung can be…a little handful.” Seungwan confesses with a tiny blush.

Seulgi raises a curious brow before noticing a red mark barely visible on Seungwan’s shoulder, a teasing smile forming on her lips. “I can tell.”

“Married life seems to be…interesting for you.” Seulgi keeps on her teasing smile.

Seungwan frowns worriedly. “I’m afraid I’m not following.”

“I think you may need a patch, now I know why Jennie gifted them to you.” Seulgi points gently at the tiny red mark on Seungwan’s shoulder.

Seungwan feels like a boiling tomato now, she fastly covers her shoulders. “Oh, Snows!! That- That dimwitted woman!!”

The Queen lets out a happy laugh that echoes in the Grand Hall.

“I will be the one laughing the morning after your honeymoon.” Seungwan looks at the Queen with a frown.

“We’ll see.” The Queen winks.

“I’m starting to think the dancing warrior had a very big influence in you, you tease me even more now! Where’s the respect you should have for your elders?!” Seungwan lets out a dramatic gasp.

“I still respect you, but you have a point.” Seulgi chuckles.

“Well, letting this…matters aside, we received a letter from the Spring lady, and there are other matters I would like to discuss with you but I think you should read the letter first.” Seungwan handles the letter sealed with the Spring emblem.

Seulgi takes it and opens it carefully, she smiles happily as soon as she reads the letter.

“This is filled with nothing but good news! Nayeon’s harvests are full of life and she will even send more fruits for us this season, and of course, she is coming to the wedding!”

Seungwan smiles softly she knew there would be only good news in the letter, only good things have happened after the major incident.

“Now we can tell all the important people for Joohyun and I will be there, isn’t it wonderful?”

“It is, your grace.” Seungwan chuckles.

“I will tell Joohyun after we finish today’s matters, she will be so happy!” Seulgi giggles making the winter muse smile fondly.

To think the tiny girl, who used to play on the throne when her mother would let her play on the Grand Hall whenever her father wasn’t around, is now a woman who will be married in two months.

“Well, Seungwan, what are the matters for today?” Seulgi asks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clashing swords can be heard resounding along with surprised gasps filled with emotion, a much louder gasp is heard when the swords clash again.

Momo and Chaeyoung grit their teeth, their swords blocked in each side by the caramel-haired woman.

Irene smirks, she is not using all her skills but the warrior sisters are making the fight somewhat interesting.

Chaeyoung gasps when the dancing warrior manages to push both of them, Irene turns one of her katanas to grab the handle differently and if only Momo wasn’t so flexible her head would’ve probably fallen from her body.

Joohyun uses that opening to turn and land a strong kick on Momo’s stomach, Momo opens only to let out the remaining breath she had.

All happens so fast and Chaeyoung barely has time to react when the warrior looks at her and links eyes with her, barely has time to stop the warrior powerful swings until the warrior manages to open her guard but another sword stops her and surprises her.

Momo was the one stopping her, Chaeyoung links eyes briefly with her sister before stabbing her sword on the ground and grab the warrior’s arm with both hands and starts to do a backward jump, just as fast, Momo is trying to stab her now.

Joohyun smirks when she can feel her arm twisting, this is one move she taught to Chaeyoung but a little different.

“She doesn’t have enough strength in her arms, so she is using the jump and movement to break the arm successfully, however…”

Irene blocks Momo swords with her dagger and remaining katana, and before Chaeyoung could complete her turn, the warrior spins and crashes Chaeyoung with Momo, harsh and strong.

The two sisters roll in the ground, the dancing warrior points her katanas in their faces, ending the encounter.

The other soldiers and random people from the Palace are speechless just a few “Woahs” can be heard.

“H-How?” Momo says while coughing.

Joohyun puts her dagger and katanas back in their scabbards, before sitting between the exhausted sisters.

“Even if you modify my movements, I can tell why you did it.” Joohyun starts to explain. “I know Chaeyoung, doesn’t have enough strength in her arms, that’s why she added the backward jump to break my arm.”

“But” Joohyun turns to look at Momo smirking. “You knew I was going to figure it out, that’s why you tried to stab me, thinking that maybe with one arm I wouldn’t have the same agility.”

Momo frowns.

“It would have been a wonderful and devasting move, but you two didn’t consider I am faster than you two.” Irene admits.

“And stronger.” Chaeyoung adds with a tiny cough. “Because damn unnie, I feel like my arm is broken, or at least something is broken.”

Irene lets out a laugh. “Don’t worry kiddo. Your arm will have a huge bruise or your back, and it will hurt like hell, but I didn’t use enough force to break you something.”

Momo and Chaeyoung shiver, they can’t believe Irene didn’t use “enough” force, just how strong is she? Did the fountain water made her even more invincible?!

“I guess she is right.” Momo finally admits. “She could have broken my ribs but, she only knocked all the air out of me, and yeah, it hurts like ing hell if you ask.”

“And it will hurt more the next time, I will add one more level of difficulty because you are improving fast.” Irene smiles and rubs their hair.

Momo and Chaeyoung smile big and laugh with Irene.

“Oh! It’s the Queen and the Princess!” Irene hears and turns her head to meet the wonderful hazel eyes.

Seulgi is looking at her with a loving stare and a soft smile making the dancing warrior smile fondly and give the Queen a loving look too.

“They are in their own world again.” Tzuyu chuckles silently.

Seulgi is the one who ends their silent eye talk before she and Tzuyu approach the warrior and the warrior sisters.

“I can see your training is…strict Irene.” Tzuyu comments with awe when she sees the warrior sisters.

“A little.” Irene shrugs.

“A ing lot.” Momo corrects and purses her lips. “Excuse me, your majesty.”

Tzuyu laughs and shakes her head. “It’s all right, your state can excuse the word.” The princess turns to look at her sister who is now beside Irene.

“I will treat them, I have finished my tasks.” Tzuyu smiles and the warrior sister shake their heads. “Suns! You don’t have to princess we will go with Tae or Jimin, there’s no need-“

“I’m afraid that what I said is final.” Tzuyu shakes her head and speaks to the soldiers. “Could one or two of you could help them to go to the infirmary?”

The soldiers move faster than the light, Momo and Chaeyoung are now being carried to the infirmary and Tzuyu gives a last look to her sister before following the soldiers.

“I think you were a bit extreme today, Irene.” Seulgi comments with a worried smile.

“They are improving so fast, I had to.” Irene chuckles and turns to see Seulgi. “But don’t worry, at least I didn’t break a bone today.”

Seulgi shakes her head and extends a hand. “Can we go for a walk?”

Irene smiles and takes the Queen’s hand gently, intertwining their fingers. “Of course.”

---------------------------------------------------------

“Have you gotten used to Winter?” Seulgi asks.

“Well, I would appreciate a little bit of Sun and I would be lying if I said I don’t miss summer, but after two years leaving here is acceptable.” Irene chuckles.

“So? What do you have to tell me?” Irene asks when they are under the tall tree that is beside the Great Lake, the same tree where they really met and got engaged.

“I received a letter, from Nayeon.” Seulgi smiles. “She said she is coming to our wedding!”

“She obviously couldn’t refuse, it’s OUR wedding.” Irene smirks and hugs Seulgi. “But I’m just as happy as you!”

Seulgi giggles and hugs Joohyun, she closes her eyes for a moment before she puts her head on the warrior’s shoulder. “It will be in two months, can you believe it?”

“It feels…surreal but I can believe it. I will marry the most huggable and adorable bear.”

“I’m not a bear.” Seulgi chuckles. “I know Seungwan says I sleep like one but-“

“Love, you look like one, hug-like one and-“

“All right! I get it!” The light blonde shushes the warrior with a laugh. “You are a narcissist bunny and-“

“Bunny is fine but narcissist? I’m confident and that’s different.” Irene raises a brow

“Well, the Joohyun I met first was a lot more narcissist than now.”

“If you say so.” Joohyun shrugs. “But I’m just a very confident person.”

Seulgi rolls her eyes. “Of course.”

“Do you remember the whole mess we did before engaging us?” Irene chuckles. “Mina literally wrote a tale about it, and Chaeyoung drew it.”

“I still can’t believe the two did that.” Seulgi answers with disbelief. “Maybe Joy or Nayeon could’ve written something like that but Mina?”

“I guess she is full of surprises? Like Chaeyoung said.”

“Absolutely.” The Queen agrees.

---- FLASHBACK ------

“Seriously, do you all think is the right time?” Seulgi asks uncertainty. “We have…mentioned and talked about this topic in particular but-“

“I think you are thinking too much, just go for it.” Nayeon shrugs.

“Says the person that was a handful of nerves before proposing and was at the verge of tears” Tzuyu comments.

“Excuse me!” Nayeon counters with disbelief.

“Excuse you.” Tzuyu answers.

“Ladies.” Sana calls, her sweet and bright voice always managing to make everyone pay attention to her. “I think our Queen just wants to give Joohyun-unnie the perfect surprise.”

“And is all right to be worried about if it’s or not the right time, but when it’s really the right time?” Wendy looks at the Queen softly

“That’s true.” Mina speaks. “I honestly believe that if it’s okay with Joohyun-unnie and with you, your grace. You can do it.”

“Jennie is going crazy, she wants to do the rings already.” Nayeon laughs.

“And she will.”

Seulgi makes everyone look at her with surprised but happy eyes. “Because I will propose to her.”

--------------------------------------------------

“Joohyun, that is going to be your six coffee of the day and it’s barely morning, for the love of Summer, what happened?” Taeyeon looks at her sister, just as worried as Jennie, Joy, Jeongyeon, Jihyo, and the warrior sisters.

“Nothing! I was just in the mood for coffee today!” The warrior laughs nervously.

“Mood my .” Joy says. “Your emotions are like a Tsunami today, seriously, what happened?”

“It’s just…this topic between me and Seulgi.” Joohyun sighs and drinks a little bit of her coffee.

“Children?” Jihyo asks.

Joohyun spits out the coffee on the grass and everyone mentally thanks to the warrior that she didn’t spit on them.

“You two are taking things too fast uh.” Jennie sips her tea.

“I know this reaction and it can be confused with the “children” topic, but I can guarantee that this is about marriage.” Jeongyeon says.

“Exactly.” Joohyun gives a thumbs up.

“Really? Didn’t we talked about it a week ago?” Joy asks

“We talked about it a week ago too.” Taeyeon comments.

“Yes, Seulgi and I are ready, after talking and some signals, but I’m worried about when or how?” Joohyun sighs. “That’s why I gathered with you today since Seulgi is in Winter.”

“Maybe you can put the ring inside her food? That would be great?” Chaeyoung suggests.

“She would probably eat the ring, Chae.” Momo says.

“She is not a glutton like you, Momo” Jeong laughs. “I think our Queen might find it quite…funny?”

“It would be, but I want this to be…perfect?” Joohyun smiles.

“What about a trail of roses? Or decorating her room? That would be romantic” Joy suggests.

“I already did things like that.” Joohyun sighs.

“So you’re the romantic type, unnie.” Momo smirks.

“With her, who wouldn’t?”

“That was…-“Jennie grimaces.

“Great!” Chaeyoung answers before Jennie.

Jennie smiles and rolls her eyes. “Sure, kiddo.”

“Whenever your heart feels it’s all right to propose, you should do it, Joohyun. “Jihyo smiles.

“And remember what Yeri said one time.” Taeyeon makes her little sister look at her. “Nobody knows when it’s the right time, and any time could be the right time.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“Is she coming back today? Wendy?” Seulgi asks as they walk through one of the castle halls.

“Sooyoung told me they may stay a few days more.” Wendy answers.

“Is that so?” Seulgi hums and sighs. “Well, I guess that will give Jennie more time.”

“And Lady Nayeon returned to Spring, I suppose she’s already there.” Seungwan adds and Seulgi only nods.

“Your grace!”

Seulgi and Wendy turn when they see Dahyun running to them until she reaches them.

“Did something happen Dahyun? You don’t usually run like this.” Seulgi arches a brow.

“Y-Yes! Well, there’s an unexpected visit today, and I think you should see him personally.” Dahyun gulps.

“Him?” Wendy frowns.

“The former Summer lord.” Dahyun answers as calmly as she can.

Seulgi opens her eyes wide and looks at Dahyun with surprised eyes. “Is he really here? Right now?”

Dahyun nods. “He arrived a few minutes ago and it’s currently leaving his horse at the stable.

“But, he was supposed to arrive tomorrow?” Wendy asks with disbelief. “We sent a letter yesterday.”

“He told Yoongi-oppa that he couldn’t wait and came as fast as he could.” Dahyun answers with a sigh.

“I would’ve appreciated that he arrived tomorrow, but I guess it can’t be helped now.” Seulgi takes a deep breath trying to remain her posture. It is not like the nerves of meeting Joohyun’s father are eating her alive.

“Please tell him that he is welcome to eat or drink something if he needs to, and tell him I will wait for him at the Grand Hall.” Seulgi tells Dahyun.

“And...there’s actually one more thing your grace.” Dahyun coughs nervously.

Seulgi turns to see the winter muse with an unreadable expression. “Yes?”

“The former King, his excellency is traveling to Spring.”

The Queen frowns. “Spring? May I know why?”

Dahyun shakes her head with an apologetic expression. “He didn’t tell us.”

Seulgi lets out a big sigh, some habits never change, and her father is a clear example. “All right, thank you Dahyun.”

“Yes, your grace.” Dahyun bows lightly. “I will follow your instructions, excuse me.”

Wendy and Seulgi look at the tiny muse leaving, they share a silent look along with a big sigh before going to the Grand Hall.

------------------------------------------------------

“EVERYONEEEE!!” Nayeon calls loudly, interrupting everyone’s breakfast.

“Nayeon-unnie, we are eating.” Momo looks at Nayeon with annoyed eyes.

“I DON’T CARE DUMMIES! THE FORMER KING IS COMING THIS AFTERNOON WE’RE SCREWED, ED, EVERYTHING!!”

Joohyun, who was calmly eating her toast almost lets it fall. “WHAT”

“WHAT YOU HEARD UNNIE!!” Nayeon says in a panicked voice as she paces in the room full of perplexed faces. “OH CHERRY BLOSSOMS, THIS IS TERRIFYING, WHAT IN THE MOTHER-“

Jihyo slaps Nayeon on her head. “Dear blossoms, calm down for a moment.”

“I’m SCARED, all right?” Nayeon rubs her head.

“I don’t blame you.” Jennie says. “The former King is absolutely scary.”

“I almost ted in my pants when I saw him, but he is a good man I guess.” Joy says.

“You are not helping here, Sooyoung.” Irene sighs. “This is the worst timing, Suns, what the hell am I gonna do now?”

“Well, you can talk to him and ask for the Queen’s hand?” Taeyeon shrugs.

Joohyun sends Taeyeon a side look.

“What?” Taeyeon chuckles. “Are you afraid like these kittens?” Taeyeon signals Nayeon and the others.

“You were a handful of nerves too when you met Fanny-unnie’s "father" too, so don’t speak bull.” Irene rolls her eyes.

“Nerves, not fear.” Taeyeon shrugs. “The point here is, of course; he is scary, Winter was even colder when he was on the throne and everyone barely looked at him in the eyes, but as Joy said, he is a good man and has a soft spot for his daughters, I saw him playing with them.”

“You are joking.” Nayeon says with disbelief.

“I’m saying the truth, he was harsh and cold with them sometimes but most of the time he was careful with them.” Taeyeon explains.

“Wendy also told me that he used to spend hours playing tea parties when the Queen and the princess were children.” Joy adds.

Joohyun remains quiet and starts to think, she can’t deny the former King is a good man, Seulgi has also told her things about him too, but a part of her is still irritated about him.

After all, she will never forget the expressions Seulgi made whenever she talked about feeling insecure and nervous whenever her father didn’t tell her something important and she had to deal with everything on her own.

Everyone raises their children differently, but he could’ve been less…harsh.

“I’m not afraid.” Joohyun says finally. “I feel nervous of course, but conflicted too. I just hope our conversation can go well.”

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wendy notices Seulgi playing with her hands and then her fingers tapping on the sides of her throne, her particular habit when she is nervous.

“Queen, everything will be fine, he isn’t as intimidating as you believe I can assure you.” Wendy offers Seulgi a soft smile.

“I hope so.” Seulgi answers with a whisper.

The doors open and Seulgi turns to see the tall man entering the hall, imposing and certainly a little bit more muscular and broad than her father, his brownish-red eyes looking at her before kneeling.

“Your grace.”

“Former Summer lord, you can stand up.” The Queen speaks. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, finally.”

“It’s my pleasure, your grace” The former lord stands. “I came here as fast as I could, May I know why you required my presence?”

“I would like to discuss certain a topic with you, but I would like some privacy, do you mind if we speak in my studio?”

“I don’t mind your grace. I will to wherever you need me.”

The Queen shows a tiny smile before standing up. “Please, follow me.”

The former Lord's eyes never leave Seulgi, and Wendy can feel this is making her even more nervous, Wendy feels somewhat nervous too, since Sooyoung told her the former Lord is a mix of Taeyeon and Irene, but the former Lord hasn’t shown anything like that.

Once they’re at the studio, Seulgi signals the chair to the former Lord who sits carefully.

The Queen let out a tiny cough. “I think you may have heard about my relationship status with your youngest daughter.”

“Oh, yes your grace.” The former lord speaks. “It was something…unexpected.”

“It was.” Seulgi lets out a tiny chuckle.

“Our Joohyun isn’t someone interested in romance, the only thing she always talked about was horses, fights, crimes, and adventures.” The brown-haired man laughs shortly. “She always refused confessions and love letters, well, all the people that tried to get her attention wasn’t up to par…until now.”

Seulgi raises a curious brow and waits for more words from the Former Lord.

“I’m not talking about your status, your grace.” The man clarifies. “I can tell from everything you have done and even before, I knew you were going to be a better Queen than my old friend.”

The Queen opens her eyes wide. It’s the first time she’s heard someone call her father like that. “I can see that you are comfortable with my father.”

“We met since we were kids, and well he was always like a cold Iceberg but he has his good moments, and of course, he is not a bad man.” The former lord hums. “We used to fight a lot, but he’s still my best friend and the one who understands me the most, just as I can understand him well.”

The Queen feels even more surprised, she knew the Summer Lord and her father were friends, but not that close, again something that she didn’t know.

The unreadable expression on the Queen’s face doesn’t go unnoticed by the former Summer lord. “I can assume his habit of not telling everything hasn’t changed.”

Seulgi feels perplexed. “You…are correct.”

The former Summer lord sighs. “He really has iceberg head, uh.”

The Queen remains quiet for a moment before breathing deeply. “If you don’t mind, I would like to talk about the reason why I requested you.”

The former Summer lord turns to meet the hazel orbs, noticing the nervous but decided emotions filling them.

“I would like to ask for your permission to take Joohyun’s hand in marriage.”

The former Summer lord stares at the Queen with astonished eyes before blinking a couple of times. “M-Marriage? With Joohyun? Are you sure your grace?”

“If I wouldn’t, I wouldn’t have called you.” Seulgi looks at the brown-haired man with a firm look. “Joohyun is the only woman I want to spend my life with.”

“Why?” The Summer lord asks.

“Because she is-“ Seulgi pauses for a moment. “She is the most incredible woman I’ve ever met, she is always fighting for the right things, she didn’t doubt even when the gods almost killed us, she defended out ideals with nail and teeth, she is an admirable person who likes to teach instead of humiliating, the woman who thinks that it doesn’t matter if she kills someone and feels ‘tainted’ if that means even one person can be safe because, behind that smirk and confident attitude, she is quiet and lovely, she is always shining like a wonderful sunflower, she is a woman that loves to discover things, the adventures are something she is very passionate about, she is the woman that hugged me and tried to keep me together even when I was breaking, the one who let me saw her vulnerable parts and trusted that I would never hurt her, the one who risked her life for me and the Kingdom.”

Seulgi can feel her voice tremble because of the emotions, but she continues. “She is the one that made me break my limits, discover things about myself, the one how taught me how is to be truly in love.”

“I love her.” Seulgi says with determination. “With all my heart and soul.”

The former Summer lord remains quiet, his brownish-red eyes never leaving her hazel eyes.

A big laugh finally echoes in the studio, the former Summer lord claps. “Suns, your grace you already had my approval but that was magnificent!”

The Queen looks at the Summer lord with perplexed eyes, what happened to the serious and intimidating man?

“Finally, all this serious act, it was exhausting.” The former Summer lord sighs and laughs before showing a bright smile that ends up surprising the Queen even more.

“With pleasure, I accept you as my future daughter-in-law! Finally, someone worthy and absolutely wonderful and with enough guts to ask for my youngest daughter’s hand in marriage.” The man lets out a loud laugh again.

Seulgi keeps perplexed, however, the man’s laugh is so contagious and bright that she can’t help but laugh happily too, all her worries completely forgotten now.

---------------------------------------------------

“Nayeon, stop pacing around.” Jihyo looks at the Spring lady who is currently walking in circles at Spring entry, the Former King will arrive soon, so it’s Nayeon’s and Jihyo’s duty to receive him.

“I should’ve stayed with the Queen.” Nayeon murmurs. “Jihyo, this is insane, why the hell is he coming HERE from all the places he can go?”

“Nobody knows, even the Queen.” Jihyo sighs. “I have the theory that he knew Joohyun will be here and decided to come.”

Nayeon stops walking in circles and looks at Jihyo with a frown. “What?”

“Look, Joohyun was in Summer but decided to stop by here, because she needed some advice but I think the former King took this opportunity to talk with her daughter’s lover? While the Queen is not here?” Jihyo elaborates.

Nayeon gets the idea but she keeps frowning until she completely understands. “He knew if he requested Joohyun unnie in Winter, the Queen would’ve known and eventually travel with Joohyun-unnie.”

Jihyo nods but before she can say something the soldiers announce the former’s King arrival.

“Here we go” Nayeon whispers.

Jihyo and Nayeon kneel the moment the former King dismounts his black horse, the former King’s voice sounds deep and intimidating just as both of them remember.

“Jihyo, Nayeon, you may stand up.”

Nayeon and Jihyo stand up and meet the cold blue eyes, the black-haired man narrows his eye, his mouth covered with part of his mouth covered by his navy cloak.

“It’s a pleasure to have your presence here, your highness.” Nayeon bows lightly along with Jihyo.

The former King nods slightly. “I’m searching for the dancing warrior. I heard she is here.”

Jihyo shares a look with Nayeon before answering. “She is, if his highness is all right with it, we can arrange a lunch for you and her near the coffee trees.”

The blue-eyed man thinks for a moment before accepting. “I accept your offer, Jihyo, please tell the dancing warrior to meet me there at noon.”

The tall man doesn’t wait for another word and grabs his horse reins to guide him to the stable, his steps are the only thing that can be heard in the usual happy Spring, that is now completely silent.

“He keeps wearing black gloves.” Nayeon whispers to Jihyo.

“It’s rare to see him not wearing them, or black clothes.” Jihyo answers.

“He’s also the same cold and terrific man.” Nayeon gulps. “I was about to die from the nerves.”

Jihyo only nods as they see his imposing back disappearing when he enters the stable.

-------------------------------------------------

Irene arranges her most presentable white blouse along with a large open red coat decorated with golden ornaments, wearing black pants and black shoes.

She is about to open the door to go out, but someone knocks and smiles. “I was about to go, Taeyeon-unnie.”

Taeyeon opens the door with a smile and lets Joohyun leave the room. “I knew it. You are always punctual.”

“With this person, I think I have to be even more punctual.” Joohyun says while she and Taeyeon start to walk.

“You’re damn right.” Taeyeon chuckles and when they’re about to reach the coffee trees she speaks again. “Speak with your heart Joohyun, not with your knuckles, at least not with this person.”

Joohyun jumps a little bit because her older sister read her like a book as always, the dancing warrior chuckles and only manage to nod. “Yes, unnie.”

Taeyeon gives Joohyun one last smile before turning back to the principal village.

Irene spots the man sitting and waiting for her with closed eyes.

Joohyun walks towards the man until she is in front of him and kneels. “Your highness, I’m here as you requested.”

“You’re very punctual, dancing warrior.” The man opens his eyes and turns to see the kneeling warrior. “You may stand up.”

Irene stands up and looks at the man right in the eye, light brown and blue eyes encountering.

“The Summer eyes girl, Bae Joohyun.” The former King says.

“Also known as Irene, the dancing warrior, it’s a pleasure.” Irene bows lightly.

“Your sister is the vivid image of your father and you are the vivid image of your mother.” The former King speaks as he signals the chair in front of him.

“I’ve been told.” Joohyun answers briefly before sitting in front of the former King.

“I’m just as surprised as your father, we never thought one of our daughters would end together.” The black-haired man speaks. “But, it is a pleasant surprise.”

“I’m glad to hear it.” Joohyun takes a sip of her coffee. “I guess it was a surprise for all of us.”

The former King nods briefly. “I thought she was going to marry Lee Sunmi, even if it was a one-sided love.”

Joohyun opens her eyes feeling surprised, just as Seulgi told her once, there’s not a single thing her father doesn’t know about what happens to his daughters or the Kingdom.

“The few times I went to the castle, I saw it in her eyes whenever they danced together, her eyes speak so much.” The former King breathes deeply.

“They do.” Joohyun adds with a soft smile. “Even when she smiles too much, her eyes turn into pretty crescent moons.”

Joohyun doesn’t know if it’s her imagination, but she saw a tiny smile forming on the former King’s lips before speaking again.

“She’s always been the calmest, Tzuyu is the one who used to get angry usually.”

The dancing warrior remembers the Queen told her one time, that Tzuyu isn’t the type that gets angry easily, but her father’s habit made the Princess lost her temper a few times.

“Unlike Tzuyu, Seulgi rarely contradicted me.”

“Because she couldn’t” Joohyun grips the chair arm and purses her lips.

“Excuse me?” The former King asks

“I said, because she couldn’t.” Joohyun repeats and frowns feeling somewhat irritated looking at the man’s eyes. “You’ve left her to resolve things on her own since she was really young, she knew she had a big responsibility as the first heir and she knew she had to be the calm one.”

“The youngest siblings see that.” Joohyun keeps speaking. “We see how our oldest sister learns and carries responsibilities we still don’t have because they are the firstborn, they have less time to play, less time to enjoy, more lessons, more tasks.”

“However.” Joohyun purses her lips angrily. “That burden is less heavy when you know you can search for help.”

The former King’s expression is stoic and that makes the warrior even angrier.

“Seulgi had help. She had Wendy.”

“She needed YOU!!” Joohyun slams her hands on the table as she gets up. “With all due respect, even if it’s a good thing to unravel things on your own, everyone needs a hand from time to time, you were never there when she needed your hand the most!!”

“Do you know? How harsh it is? To see her nervous, sad, and tense expression whenever she reminds a situation when she needed the answers you had?” Joohyun grits her teeth. “Do you-“

“I DO!!” The former King exclaims as he gets up too, towering the surprised dancing warrior who keeps her challenging look.

“Even if I wanted to, every King or Queen has to raise his children like that, it’s the tradition.” The King explains with guilt in his voice.

“And the tradition was more important than her?” Joohyun asks with silent anger.

“We can’t break Gods rules.” The former King attacks.

“I fought Gods for her, she fought Gods for the sake of the whole kingdom, but you couldn´t?”

The former King widens his eyes, the dancing warrior left him speechless.

“I wanted to meet you, I’ve wanting to confront you since the moment I saw Seulgi’s expression because hear me well, your highness.” Joohyun keeps on her challenging look. “You’ve hurt my most precious and beloved person, don’t expect me to remain silent only because you are her father or the former King.”

“I wanted to see you because I wanted to ask for your permission for her hand in marriage, however,” Joohyun breathes deeply. “I don’t want the permission of someone like you, no matter how much love has Seulgi for you, I can see you are not worthy.”

And with that, Joohyun turns around leaving the former King with astonished eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“And? How was it?” Nayeon is the first one to ask Irene when she enters the studio.

“It didn’t turn out well, I can tell.” Taeyeon frowns worriedly.

“We had an argument.” Joohyun sighs. “He made me so…angry.”

“An argument? With the former King? What has gotten into you?” Jennie gasps

“You all know.” Joohyun clenches her fists. “You’ve seen Seulgi’s face whenever she talked about him not giving her answers.”

The whole studio remains silent when Joohyun makes them remember.

“She never cried in front of us, but we could tell she was so…sad.” Nayeon whispers.

“That’s exactly why.” Joohyun says. “He said those were gods rules, but…how can you prefer Gods rules over your own child?”

“Winter has always been like that.” Jihyo sighs. “The most excellent in most tasks, but the most irregular and strange.”

“He is not like us, Joohyun.” Taeyeon approaches to Irene. “And not like our father.”

“It’s so frustrating.” The dancing warrior clenches her teeth. “We had a loving and attentive father, but Seulgi and Tzuyu….and I don’t even care if he’s a good man or if he played with them, he wasn’t there for them, in the crucial times he wasn’t there.”

“Even though if that is something that bothers us, Seulgi and Tzuyu are the ones that need to have that talk with him.” Jihyo shares with a half-smile. “But I admit that you’ve got some balls to talk about that topic with him.”

Joohyun can’t help but smile. “Thanks, I guess.”

“And what about the proposal?” Jeongyeon asks.

“Oh, that.” Joohyun coughs. “Well, I might have gone overboard but he totally deserved that.”

Taeyeon widens her eyes. “Don’t tell me you did something stupid.”

Irene starts to share everything about the conversation with the former King. “Then…. I told him I didn’t want his permission no matter how much Seulgi loves him, I believe he’s not worthy.”

Nayeon drops her cup of tea and screams in unison with everybody. “WHAT THE JOOHYUN?!”

“HE’S GONNA CHOP YOUR FREAKING HEAD, YOU STUPID IDIOT I-“ Jennie yells

“He deserved it.” Joohyun shrugs.

“YOU!” Nayeon and Jeongyeon approach but Jihyo and Taeyeon cover Joohyun.

“Let’s calm down.” Taeyeon speaks. “I’m not going to say what Joohyun did what’s entirely correct, but she did something good.”

“Exactly.” Jihyo nods in agreement. “Do you all would really stand idly by? When he said “She had Wendy”? Please, ladies, tell me you wouldn’t have reacted even worse.”

Nayeon, Jennie, and Jeongyeon think for a while and Nayeon speaks. “Well, that’s something we cannot counter and sorry but being a former King doesn’t save him from his actions.”

Everyone agrees and Jennie turns to look at Joohyun worriedly. “Do you think this will affect everything?”

Joohyun purses her lips and lets out a long sigh. “I honestly don’t know.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later the guards inform Nayeon the former King is about to go back to Winter, but this time he requested Joohyun’s presence before he goes.

When Joohyun and Nayeon arrive at the Spring gates they notice the former King waiting beside his black horse.

“Dancing warrior.” The former King speaks when Nayeon and Joohyun were bowing to him.

“Yes? Your highness.” Joohyun looks at the narrow and serious blue eyes.

“Your guts and courage are something admirable, I must admit.” The former King speaks. “It’s quite unusual to find someone this bold and straightforward.”

“Even though, you said you didn’t need my permission, I gladly give you permission to marry my eldest daughter.”

Joohyun keeps looking at him like she is waiting for something else the former King has to say.

“My wife told me the same thing you said to me, however, I ignored her, thinking that she was being too soft with Seulgi and Tzuyu.” The former King purses his lips. “Now that someone else has told me this again after so many years, something that I didn’t want to accept but knew it was wrong.”

“I feel like I can finally have a good talk with my daughters, thanks to you.” The former King gives a deep bow that surprises both, Nayeon and Irene.

Joohyun recovers her posture and when the former King looks at her eyes again she speaks. “I only ask you one thing, don’t make them have that expression on their faces, never.”

The former King only lets out a small chuckle. “You may look like your mother but you and your sister have your father’s nature.”

“Our father taught us to protect our beloved ones instead of hurting them.” Joohyun narrows her eyes.

“Of course, that is his nature.” The former King concludes before mounting his horse. “We will meet again someday, Bae Joohyun.”

And with that, the former King leaves.

Nayeon and Irene remain silent until Nayeon decides to break the silence. “You are amazing unnie.”

“I know.” Joohyun winks.

Nayeon rolls her eyes and chuckles. “For real, I was speechless, you really confronted him without fear.”

“I don’t fear people like him.” Joohyun speaks. “I beat the out of them, but Seulgi and Tzuyu would’ve got really angry if I did.”

Nayeon can’t help but let a laugh-filled with disbelief. “I get why you would do that.” The Spring lady stays quiet for a moment. “But, you weren’t really harsh with him, why?”

Joohyun chuckles. “Because Seulgi told me he was raised like that, that it’s a silent tradition in Winter, Gods rules. That’s why she was always so understanding with him more than Tzuyu.” Joohyun thinks for a moment. “I wanted to be a little understanding.”

Nayeon speaks with a sad smile, remembering all the times the princess cried and got really angry with her father. “At the end of the day, Tzuyu is still the youngest, and we can understand her. But now, Tzuyu can see things she couldn’t see when she was young.”

“Yeah.” Joohyun agrees. “It happened to all of us.”

“But even with that, Tzuyu and Seulgi love their father so much.” Joohyun chuckles sadly. “Seulgi told me she didn’t blame her father, that she understood his reasons even if that hurt her.”

“She has always been like that, so forgiving.” Nayeon adds with a low tone.

“She put the others first, always.” Joohyun whispers. “And she will continue to do so...”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The guards let her enter as always, Joohyun looks around at the castle entry, she searches for the Queen and sighs when she doesn’t find her.

“Why so sad?”

Joohyun dismounts her horse and chuckles, hugging the person who received her. “Joy.”

“Hello.” Joy hugs her back. “If you were searching for her, she is at the Grand Hall, doing her Queen things.”

“Oh.” Joohyun sighs. “I thought she was going to receive me as always.”

Sooyoung notices Joohyun’s somewhat sad mood and chuckles softly. “Look at you, being so gloomy.”

Joohyun shoots her a side-eyed look and shrugs. “Can you really blame me?”

Sooyoung shakes her head. “I’m over heels for a certain muse, so I understand you.”

Joohyun chuckles but before she and Joy can walk to the stable a voice stops them.

“Joohyun!”

Irene turns quickly when she hears that voice, her gloomy state now completely forgotten. “Seulgi!”

The Queen runs towards Joohyun and Joohyun runs towards her.

They meet in a tight hug as if it were the first time they see each other after one hundred years.

Seulgi hums calmly when she feels Irene’s usual warmth, snuggling even more into the warrior’s embrace.

“I missed you.” Irene whispers and kisses the Queen’s temple softly.

“I missed you too.” Seulgi answers gently. “It’s so nice to feel your soft hugs again.”

Joohyun separates a little bit only to caresses Seulgi’s soft cheeks and meets the lovely hazel eyes.

Seulgi snuggles her cheek into Joohyun’s warm hand only to leave a soft kiss there, thinking for a moment before speaking. “Can we go to the gardens?”

The warrior gulps and thinks “Uh-Oh” whenever Seulgi asks that most of the time means “you’re in trouble” or “I’m mad with you.”

“Yeah, of course.” The warrior chuckles nervously. “R-right now?”

Seulgi nods and separates softly from the warrior. “In this precise moment.”

Joohyun turns to look at Joy who whispers a really kind “You’re ed.”

“How kind.” Irene side-eyes Joy before following the Queen, she notices Seulgi takes her hand and intertwine their fingers.

And then, Joohyun thinks she may not be so ed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

“I heard you…did something interesting.” Seulgi starts as soon as they sit beside each other.

“Yeah…” Joohyun coughs. “I may have gone overboard…a little bit.”

Seulgi laughs. “Oh snows, you are so nervous, I’m not even angry or neither of what you’re imaging.”

“Really?” Joohyun asks with incredulity. “But whenever we use the ‘can we go to the gardens?’ phrase it means we have to talk, sometimes because I got mad or you got angry or-“

“I know, I know.” Seulgi chuckles softly. “But, this time it’s for talking only.”

“All right…” Irene breathes deeply. “This is about your father, right?”

“Yes.” Seulgi answers and thinks for a moment. “He surprised us, Tzuyu told me he wanted to talk with us, which was, well, unexpected.”

“Then, after the longest talk we’ve ever had, he told us that your words were the biggest slap and the worst embarrassment he has ever endured.”

Joohyun blinks surprised but keeps listening to the Queen.

“He…apologized to us and promised that he will try to recover us, he said that we may not be able to forgive him but he is willing to fight for our forgiving.” Seulgi shares and smiles gently. “We told him we weren’t against him or something, and…that we only want our family to be reunited like the old times.”

Joohyun looks at Seulgi with her gentlest look. “Seulgi-“

“Thank you.” Seulgi says before Irene can say something else.

The Queen turns to look at the dancing warrior with glassy eyes. “You don’t know how grateful I am, how impressed I am, you didn’t have to do what you did but, you confronted my father and you gave me the courage to confront and talk to him too.”

Joohyun smiles tenderly and cups Seulgi’s cheek with her hands, cleaning the silent tears rolling through the Queen’s cheeks.

“I did it because I couldn’t stand idly by, and even if it wasn’t my business, it was a topic that I knew it was bothering you, that’s why I talked with you about it.” Joohyun hugs Seulgi gently. “And just like I told him…I couldn’t stand to watch that troubled face.”

Seulgi smiles against Joohyun’s shoulder and clings to the warrior’s back. “I think…I love you even more…” The light-blonde chuckles. “You are really something, Bae Joohyun.”

“I’m pretty amazing, to be honest.” Joohyun jokes and Seulgi pinch her back making her yelp. “Ouch!”

“And pretty annoying sometimes.” Seulgi adds.

-------------------------------------------------

“We have a tiny problem.” Wendy informs and Seulgi believes she is about to lose her mind.

“Another one?” The Queen sighs.

“Unfortunately, yes.” Wendy frown worriedly. “Nayeon’s flower arrangement will arrive a week later the carriage can’t pass because the way is blocked…”

“Great!” Seulgi says sarcastically as she breathes in deeply. “Now, how can I decorate the tree? Not only the ring is delayed, but, this too!”

Seulgi covers her face with evident frustration and Wendy covers with some papers thinking. “Not only you are the one with delayed stuff.”

There was actually someone with the same troubles currently on the other side of the castle.

“MY FLOWERS WHAT” Irene yells making Momo and Chaeyoung shiver.

“They got delayed.” Joy explains again. “Something big blocking the way, the carriage couldn’t pass.”

“Well, .” Irene passes a hand through her hair. “The ring, that one is still coming, right?”

Joy purses her lips and Irene can tell from Sooyoung’s face that the ring is delayed too.

“THIS IS ING FANTASTIC.” Irene yells/chuckles with disbelief.

“Well, at least the fruit and the chocolate arrived.” Joy adds.

“I will make her a ring made of pineapple at this point.” Irene rubs her temples. “Just, why? Is this another thing from you?!” Joohyun points her katanas to the sky. “Did killing me and reviving me wasn’t enough?!”

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Queen paces around the big tree beside the Great Lake, the stars making the frozen lake shine like a precious diamond.

“I don’t even know why I made this.” Seulgi sighs when she sees on the palm of her hand a wooden sunflower resin ring, Jennie kindly gave her the idea and it’s something creative but she wanted something more special for Joohyun

“Why everything is going so wrong today?”

Seulgi hears this well-known voice and hides behind the big tree.

“I don’t even know why I did this” Irene says with a gloomy tone before sitting on the snow and lean against the tree log.

“Jennie’s idea was awesome, but, the original was much better.” Irene sighs looking at the ice resin ring on her palm and the heart-shaped fruit arrangement she made, it has strawberries with and without chocolate and a tiny happy face made with pineapple in the center.

“If I only knew where she is right now.”

Irene doesn’t know it, but Seulgi is currently screaming inside of her head behind the tree.

Finally, someone touches Irene’s shoulder.

“SEULGI?!” Joohyun screams surprised and almost drops the fruit arrangement. “Y-You were hiding there this whole time?!”

Joohyun is about to say something more but a pair of lips stop her from talking.

The Queen almost throw her on the ground but Irene manages to not fall into the snow, the Queen circles her arms around Irene’s neck and even if the warrior is in an uncomfortable position, with the Queen between her legs she tries to kiss the Queen’s back with the same intensity.

When they end the kiss because of the lack of air, the Queen rests her forehead on the warrior’s forehead. “This is why you were hiding from me today?”

“I could ask you the same thing.” Irene smirks.

“I asked first.” Seulgi smiles.

“Good one.” Irene chuckles. “Yeah, this was a surprise, and if you let me separate a little I will really appreciate it because I want to show it properly.”

Seulgi realizes the position and gasps before separating from the warrior. “Oh, snows, sorry.”

Irene shakes her head softly. “It’s all right.”

Joohyun sits comfortably and presents the fruit arrangement to the Queen. “I made it with the fruits you like, well, Tzuyu helped a little bit with the details.”

Seulgi smiles tenderly amazed by the cuteness and how thoughtful the warrior is.

“And there’s another thing, but I…I don’t know if I should give it to you, the one Jennie did and was supposed to arrive today was a lot more amazing than this one.”

“I think we have the same issue.” The Queen giggles softly. “Jennie did something for me too, and it was supposed to arrive today too.”

“I believe we have similar things hiding in our palms.”

Joohyun opens her eyes wide before stuttering. “D-Do you-“

Before Joohyun can finish, Seulgi bends her knee and takes Joohyun’s hand. “Will you marry me?”

Irene’s jaw drops to the floor and watches Seulgi’s handmade ring, she can’t (can) believe Jennie gave them the same idea and of course the main fact: Seulgi proposing to her.

Seulgi asked me to marry her

Joohyun chokes out a happy sob before putting the fruit arrangement beside them and reveals the handmade ring she did for Seulgi. “Only if you marry me too.”

Seulgi smiles as wide as she cans before throwing herself to the warrior and this time she successfully manages to tackle Joohyun on the snow, kissing the warrior deeply and happily

The happy tears and giggles are accompanied by the shining stars along with the beautiful and sparkling lake.

Under the same tree where they truly first met is now witnessing their engagement.

And it will continue to witness so many happy events.

------------END OF THE FLASHBACK----------------

“It’s such a rare sight to see you using a dress, last time you used one was like 10 years ago?” Sooyoung laughs as she keeps arranging some details of the dress.

“And she looks so beautiful.” Taeyeon says with a happy voice as she keeps arranging the soft wavy caramel hair.

“The occasion it’s extremely special, I think I wanted to look even fancier.” Joohyun speaks softly as she looks in the mirror and arranges her bangs.

Joohyun Bae the dancing warrior is about to get married.

She is currently wearing an off-shoulder long red dress, her arms covered until her wrists and the torso is filled with some details made of red floral lace.

“She looks lovely doesn’t she?” Taeyeon says and Sooyoung nods fastly.

“She does.” A new voice speaks making the three women turn their heads to meet the voice’s owner.

“Yeri!!” Joohyun says with an excited voice as she crashes the witch in a hug.

“Woah, hello.” Yeri chuckles happily.

“This is surreal, how did you-, oh wait, you’re a witch.” Sooyoung laughs.

“Just wait until Seulgi sees you, she-“

“She already had.” Yeri smiles. “And I would love to chat with you but you don’t want to be late.”

Joohyun turns to look at the clock and gasps. “It’s true! Suns, time flies.”

Yeri nods. “You must go now, even if I’m not visible, I will be there, I promise.”

Joohyun gives the witch a last smile. “Thank you.”

------------------------------------------

It’s a tiny ceremony, only their important people are inside the decorated temple, with all types of flowers and candles.

Joohyun waits patiently but filled with nervously, she doesn’t even notice she’s griping her fingers tightly until Taeyeon whispers to her.

The warrior separates her hand and takes a deep breath deciding to focus on her vow.

Dahyun gives the signal of the Queen’s arrival when she starts playing the wedding melody in the piano.

Joohyun turns to look at Seulgi and she can’t believe how she manages to keep breathing because the Queen looks absolutely stunning.

The Queen’s hair with a medium tail style, slightly wavy with the crown on her head making her look even more imposingly beautiful, when their eyes meet Seulgi lets out a tiny gasp along with a wide smile, the pearly white smile combining wonderfully with her white dress.

Joohyun doesn’t even notice Seulgi is already by her side, hanging open and she only manages to recover her posture when the Queen lets out a light giggle.

The warrior turns to look at Mina she is the winter muse that will have the honor of being the priestess of their wedding.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we are reunited today at a very special occasion, two of the most important persons of this Kingdom are getting married on this fine day.” Mina says with a proud voice. “Our Queen, Kang Seulgi, and the dancing warrior, Bae Joohyun.”

“This marriage is a beautiful union not only between two complete natures, Winter and Summer. But of two of the most wonderful and unique souls, two incredible women who fought for our Kingdom, two women that weren’t searching love but found it in each other.”

“Kang Seulgi.” Mina calls and meets the hazel orbs. “Will you take Bae Joohyun for your wife, to have and to hold, from this day and always, on the good or bad times until death do you part?”

“I do.” Seulgi says with a firm voice

“Bae Joohyun.” Mina calls and turns to look at Joohyun. “Will you take Kang Seulgi for your wife, to have and to hold, from this day and always, on the good or bad times until death do you part?”.

“I do.” Irene says with a determined voice.

Tzuyu and Taeyeon approach to Seulgi and Joohyun to give them the rings.

Taeyeon gives Seulgi the ring and Tzuyu gives Joohyun the other one.

Irene takes Seulgi’s hand with delicacy as she starts to put the ring on the Queen’s finger “It’s an immense honor and happiness to marry you, Kang Seulgi, the most incredible and beautiful woman I have ever seen, not only for your physical appearance but for your soul, you have the purest soul and I’ll gladly live all my days with your stunning company, you are the woman who made me fall in love even when I wasn’t searching for love, I will be eternally glad that your soul found mine. I will protect you even from Gods, until my last breath, I would love to give you all of me, I love you with all my heart and soul”

Seulgi covers for a moment, feeling that the tears might betray them, but she recovers her posture and takes Joohyun’s hand softly, putting the ring on the warrior’s hand. “Bae Joohyun, I still can’t believe I have the privilege to marry you, the legendary dancing warrior, whose soul is always fighting bravely, your courageous soul reached my stubborn and closed heart inexplicably and charmingly, I hope I can keep learning from you in the bad or good days, I will always be by your side, until my last breath because is next to you, the only place I want to be, I love you with my heart and soul.”

“I now pronounce you, wives.” Mina announces with glassy eyes.

Joohyun and Seulgi cup each other faces kindly as their lips meet in a soft and lovely kiss accompanied by the cheers and happy laughs from their friends and family.

-----------------------------------------------

The morning sunlight settles on the light blonde’s calm face, she grumbles a little bit until she starts to open her eyes slowly, she rubs her eyes gently and a yawn escapes from , blinking a few times until she looks down and finds an arm holding her waist, it takes a moment for her to realize her state and the other woman’s state.

She gasps and feels her face turn completely red as she notices part of the dancing warrior’s body still hiding behind the sheets.

Seulgi covers her face and then puts her hands on her cheeks as the memories from the last night start to invade her mind.

After letting out a long sigh and a tiny smile she snuggles back on Joohyun’s embrace, keeping Irene’s arms around her tightly.

The warrior wakes up a little bit later and blinks before noticing the Queen’s real warmness against her, she kisses the Queen’s shoulder and then her temple gently.

Joohyun uses one arm to stand up a little bit and smile tenderly as she looks at the Queen’s quiet and calm sleeping face.

She notices Seulgi is starting to wake up when she turns face down and grumbles as she tries to hide from the sun.

Joohyun can’t help out but let out a silent giggle before back hugging the Queen and start to kiss her cheeks gently but then she starts to nibble the soft cheeks almost as if they were marshmallows.

Seulgi mumbles incoherent words as she is still half-sleep making Joohyun chuckle softly. “Seulgiiiii”

“Mmmm?” Seulgi mumbles

“Wake uppp little snowflake.” Joohyun munches the Queen’s cheeks again.

“Just…five…more…” Seulgi whispers.

“You really are like a bear.” Joohyun shakes her head with a gentle smile. “Come ooon.”

“Why do we have to…get up?...it’s really comfy here.” Seulgi says with her sleepy voice.

Joohyun rolls her eyes softly. “I get that feeling, but-“Joohyun stops and then gasps. “Wait here, I will come back.”

Seulgi mumbles a sleepy yes and the warrior leaves her back but puts the sheets on her to cover her body.

Seulgi finally wakes up after some time and sits up with her eyes closed and messy hair. “Joohyun?” The Queen calls as she rubs her eyes and searches for Joohyun in the room.

The sweet smell of fresh bread, fruits, and coffee makes her opens her eyes completely.

“Hello, sleepy bear.” Joohyun greats as she enters the room wearing a wardrobe and carrying a little table with their breakfast.

“Oh, snows.” Seulgi chuckles with disbelief. “I knew you were romantic but this surprises me?”

“I know, that’s one of the reasons that made me do this.” Irene winks and sits beside Seulgi whose body is half covered by the sheets.

Seulgi doesn’t waste more time as she takes one bread sprinkled with soft sugar and starts to eat. “Mmmmm, I wovee your foud.” Seulgi says with a full mouth.

Irene can’t help but let out a happy laugh and clean the Queen’s mouth after she finishes her sweet bread.

Happy morning for the newly married couple, just one of many.

--------------------------------------------

Five years pass very quickly, and Seulgi knows it as she looks Joohyun playing with their two-year-old daughter, Haeun.

She can feel the wind caressing her face gently as she waits sitting on one of the benches from the Sunflower’s trail, she feels a bit tired and that’s why she decided to only look from afar.

A little kick on her stomach reminds her why she feels tired but filled with happiness.

She caresses her round stomach with love, mentally thanking Yeri again for helping them again, as she starts humming a gentle melody.

“Mommy! Look!”

The little voice makes her stop humming and turn to look at her two-year-old daughter handling her a sunflower. “Mom said it was the most…” The little child turns to look at Joohyun’s since she forgot the words Joohyun told her.

“Beautiful.” Joohyun whispers.

“Beatutiful!”

Seulgi and Joohyun let out a soft chuckle and Seulgi takes the sunflower from the tiny hands as she caresses Haeun’s tiny cheeks. “Thank you, little one, and remember it’s beau-ti-ful”

“Beautiful!” The child says with a happy voice.

“That’s good!” Irene ruffles her daughter’s light blonde hair.

The child laughs happily as she hugs Joohyun’s hand, her little laugh makes Joohyun and Seulgi laugh too.

----------------------------------------------

Eight years seem like an instant but they’ve already passed.

“Excellent Bora!” Tzuyu praises her little eight-year-old nephew, he resembles Seulgi in this field, although his older sister Haeun isn’t far behind, the two children are already considered prodigies in Seulgi and Joohyun’s areas.

“Auntie Tzuyu!” Haeun’s voice makes Tzuyu and the little boy turn their heads. “I have the herbs you wanted!”

“Thank you, Haeun.” Tzuyu smiles gently. “We can continue our class with those herbs, right Bora?”

The little boy nods and hums quietly and Tzuyu can’t help but think the little boy is so alike to her sister and Haeun, on the other hand, is an exact copy from Joohyun, even if Haeun has Seulgi’s hair and Bora has Joohyun’s hair.

After their class, as always no matter how occupied Seulgi is she comes for them, she knocks the door and the children already know who is knocking so they run towards the door and open it.

“Mommy!” Both of them hug Seulgi making the Queen laugh. “You two are always so full of energy.”

“Today, auntie Tzuyu showed us how to cure with new herbs!” Haeun shares with an excited voice.

“She also told us how to make antidotes.” Bora shares with an excited but shy voice.

“Antidotes already, huh.” Seulgi sends a questioning look to Tzuyu.

“They learn so fast, I’m getting out of things to teach them.” The princess shrugs.

Seulgi lets out a chuckle and looks down to meet a pair of excited light brown eyes and a pair of excited but shy hazel orbs.

“Maybe someone might get sweet bread tonight.” Seulgi winks to her children causing them to celebrate and hug her one more time before each child takes one of her hands.

“Thank you, Tzu.” Seulgi looks at her sister softly before the children say goodbye to their aunt.

Tzuyu answers with a wink and looks at her sister go with her children with a tender look on her eyes.

Seulgi walks with her children as she listens to how their lessons went, never forgetting to greet the people that pass by.

The two children stop talking and run towards someone and Seulgi doesn’t have to look who the person is.

“Mom!!”

Joohyun smiles and kneels to receive her children in a happy hug, she was on her way to search for Seulgi and the children as she always does.

“Hello, tiny people.” Joohyun chuckles and looks up to find the Queen looking at them with a gentle look which Joohyun answers with a lovely smile.

“Can I get a hug too?” The Queen’s question makes Irene blink for a moment before getting up carrying both children and still manage to hug Seulgi, who decides to take Bora in her arms as they melt in a cute family hug.

----------------------------------------------------------

Six years seemed far but it happened pretty fast.

The sixteen and fourteen-year-olds are currently hiding behind some trees, Momo and Chaeyoung training is a pain in the but at least their Mom, Bae Joohyun doesn’t join yet.

Or that’s what they thought.

Haeun, thanks to her reflexes blocks her Mom’s katana and Bora blocks a kick from her too.

Irene smirks as she jumps back and bites her dagger’s handle even more. “Good one, tiny people.”

“How can you still have so much strength?” Haeun asks in disbelief.

“I may not be your age, but…” Joohyun speaks as she attacks both of them and covers from their attacks.

She manages to kick Haeun’s stomach with her knee and Bora’s face with one of her katana’s handle.

“Years of experience beat years of youth.” Joohyun smirks as she approaches Haeun who is coughing but she opens her eyes when she blocks Bora’s swords.

“Fast.” Joohyun thinks and the moment she turns to see Haeun, the girl is nowhere to be seen.

She barely has time to block a strong hit from Haeun’s swords coming from the right side. “Strong.”

Joohyun jumps backward and notices her children’s hits and punches have gotten stronger.

The warrior smiles proudly but she still manages to send both to the ground, she is about to stab Bora but Haeun stops her with one sword making the warrior feel surprised the oldest of the two children makes her step backward as she takes her brother and hides in the trees again.

Momo and Chaeyoung appear next to Joohyun. “They’ve gotten really strong, like, every day they improve.” Chaeyoung says.

“Yeah, I must admit even for us it’s getting difficult.” Momo chuckles.

“Even for me.” Joohyun laughs. “These children are somewhat dangerous now, it feels like yesterday when they couldn’t even carry one sword.”

“And now they can hold two, with such ease.” Chaeyoung says in disbelief. “I mean, they’re your children Joohyun-unnie.”

“They will surpass me.” Joohyun says with a firm voice surprising Chaeyoung and Momo. “Mark my words.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

When they least felt it, their children weren’t children anymore.

And the oldest was twenty-one already.

“Your majesty.” Sooyoung knocked on the door.

“Come in.”

Sooyoung enters the room and feels a sting in her heart when she notices the sad demeanor the now, about to be Queen, the princess Haeun.

“It’s time.” Sooyoung announces.

“Already?” Haeun grips her dress. “Is there-“

“You know the answer already.” Sooyoung says with a sad but firm tone.

The princess purses her lips and nods slowly, she gets up and walks towards Sooyoung who opens the door for her.

“Is my little brother ready?” The princess asks as they walk towards the gardens.

“He is already waiting for you, your majesty.”

The princess nods and struggles to keep her tears in their place but manages to, as they get closer to the gardens, the harder it gets.

Because it will be the last time she sees her mothers.

Sooyoung meets Wendy when the two siblings reunite, the prince notices her older sister’s state and takes her hand.

Their friends and family are already waiting there, where once the gardens held happy reunions, now they are filled with sadness and bitterness.

They can see their mothers hugging and crying softly as they hug their friends.

Lady Nayeon, who grips their backs tightly along with her wife Jeongyeon. “Reserve me a place on heaven” Nayeon says. “Someone has to fill it with your favorite flowers. I love you…”

Lady Jennie, along with her wife Jisoo, Rosé, and Lisa who crush them in a tight embrace. “I will make so many discoverments and will name it after you.” Jennie sobs. “I love you both…so much.”

Chaeyoung and Momo along with their now wives, Dahyun and Mina, crying as each one hugs their mothers. “You taught us so many things, we will be forever grateful…” Chaeyoung says between sobs.

“You gave us a home and made our lives better..” Momo chokes out a sob.

“You will always be the best rulers of this Kingdom, and the best women I’ve ever met.” Dahyun cries.

“You made me believe in me, taught me so many valuable things…your friendship and love are always I cherish deeply.” Mina says with a sorrowful voice.

“We love you.”

Jihyo hugs them both, her happy big round eyes now filled with unstoppable tears. “The admiration and love I have for you both are unimaginable…I will always have you in my prayers…I love you.”

Sooyoung and Wendy are the ones who hug them longer, their muses, their partners can’t help but feel terrible sorrowful.

“……I will miss you so much…” Sooyoung says with a hard sob as she hugs Joohyun even harder. “You don’t know how much you mean to me, Bae Joohyun, you are my friend, my family…my partner…my sister…I love you so ing much….”

“It feels so difficult to let you go…remembering your smile will be one of the hardest things but worthy things…”Seungwan hides her face on Seulgi’s shoulder as she cries. “You…are like a little sister to me Seulgi…we grew together…we cried…we laughed…I…” Seungwan sobs. “I love you so much….”

Taeyeon and Tzuyu hug their sisters like there’s no tomorrow, feeling like someone is tearing apart a piece from them.

“ing Summer…Joohyun…my little bunny…I…the bond you and I have is so amazing…it hurts like the thought of not having your cynic and horrible jokes around anymore…you…are so important to me…my precious little sister…I love you…I love you.” Taeyeon lets out uncontrollable tears.

“Unnie…unnie…”Tzuyu sobs as she keeps Seulgi against her chest, her slim body shaking because of the raw emotions. “I will miss you so much…your cookie princess will miss you so deeply….I feel like they’re tearing apart my soul…my heart…I wish you could stay…you are the most incredible sister I could’ve ever asked…I love you…s-so much…”

Finally, the princess and the prince approaching, hugging their mothers, feeling like the children they once were.

“Our precious children..” Seulgi and Irene whisper with deep love.

The unbreakable prince finally shatters and starts sobbing and crying hard. “I…Mom…I….”

The four share a big and strong hug, Seulgi and Joohyun can’t believe how much they’re crying.

“I wanted…to be there for you…my little ones…” Seulgi starts with a choked sob. “There are so many moments we are not gonna be able to see with you…I’m so sorry…I wish we could stay…”

The memories of their years together as a family make the family cry even harder and the princess speaks. “We will miss you so much…we are deeply thankful that you are our mothers…we are proud to say we are your children…we are your blood…we can’t imagine a world without you…but we will be stronger and live…”

The prince sobs “We will remember you…we will never forget you…no matter how many years pass…you are our mothers…the mothers we will always be proud of….we are grateful…for all the happy memories you gave us….for all the knowledge…even the yells and the jokes”

“I’ll always be so proud of you…you are our greatest happiness…” Joohyun speaks with a firm voice but with teary eyes. “You will always be our children…and even though you may not see us…we will always be there…you are never going to be alone…our souls and hearts live in you…I feel so relieved…to see our children being so truthful and strong…even stronger than us…It’s such a pleasure to be your mothers.”

It’s very difficult but they manage to separate little by little, Yeri’s cane makes a sound that tells them that their time has finally arrived and they have to be on the Moon and Sun shrine.

The princess chokes out a sob as she hugs her brother’s arm and her brother holds her too, both of them barely holding each other pieces.

“We love you, we will always miss you.” The princess says between tears as Yeri starts to raise her hand to transport them to the shrine.

The princess shouts some words that made Seulgi and Joohyun smile.

When they notice, they’re already in the shrine, the shrine is filled with sunflowers and snow, a peculiar sight if you ask them.

Even the witch is crying as she gives them a last and tight hug. “I hope…I pray…I can meet you sometime…somewhere…heaven…earth…doesn’t matter I wish I can meet you again…I will always remember you and love you deeply.”

Joohyun and Seulgi reciprocate the hug with tightness and separate slowly from the witch.

Joohyun and Seulgi walk until they’re face to face they hug tight and strong, as they keep crying but smiling, feeling how their life spark is dying out.

“Until we meet again…” Both whisper to each other as they fall.

Their bodies fall on the snow and sunflowers.

When Yeri opens her eyes, the tears keep falling silently and smiles sadly as she sees the cruel but beautiful scene.

The Gods made them young again, and made Seulgi’s body fall on the snow, her feet are in the opposite direction of Joohyun’s body, and her now rejuvenated face is facing Joohyun’s rejuvenated face who is currently lying on the sunflowers.

Their lips almost meeting each other.

Yeri remembers and says the princess’s last words to them.

“We will remember you proudly, as the soulmates, not even Gods could separate.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------

Later in another era, thousands of years later.

Yeri watches the students pass by, some asking for books, other returning books, it’s amazing how fast the world changes, and it’s quite…fun, seeing how some things never change no matter what time or era is.

“Good morning.” Someone greets and Yeri smiles.

“Good morning, it’s quite rare to see you here on a Saturday.” Yeri chuckles. “Do you come for the usual?”

“Yes!” The girl smiles and rubs her neck. “I guess coming every day made you remember my usual choice.”

“Well, not every day the same girl comes at the same hour for the same book.” Yeri shrugs. “It’s quite difficult to not remember.”

The girl laughs softly and notices the librarian, Yeri as everyone knows her handles her the book without the usual note.

“Excuse me, but can you give me the note to return this book later?”

“Take the book as a gift.” Yeri winks. “As long as you cherish it well.”

“Are you serious?!” The girl asks with disbelief. “Am I not gonna get in trouble?”

“Goodness, no!” Yeri laughs. “Of course no, but I can make some exceptions.” Yeri smiles softly.

The girl hugs the book and smiles widely, she can’t believe it, she gives a deep bow to the librarian before speaking with a happy voice. “I will cherish it really well! Thank you so much, Miss Yeri!”

The girl gives another bow before leaving the library and saying. “Please let me invite you a coffee sometime as a “thank you” “

Yeri looks at the girl jumping and laughing as she walks making Yeri laugh. “Your soul loves winter but you are still warm and grateful, a pretty unique soul, Seulgi.

Seulgi sits on her favorite bench which is beside a big lake that is currently frozen because it’s winter her favorite season.

A small snowflake falls on her nose and makes her giggle, looking up to find the giant tree top covered in snow.

She notices a pair of black boots in front of her when she looks down making her look up again and smile widely finding her favorite person holding two coffees.

“Miss me?” The girl smiles and puts the coffee beside them and Seulgi leaves the book aside.

“Joohyun!” Seulgi stands up to hug her girlfriend tightly hearing her soft laugh on her ear making her heart flutter.

Joohyun reciprocates the hug and hides her face on Seulgi’s neck. “My lovely bear”

“I’m here!” Seulgi giggles happily.

Both separate and Seulgi gives a peck on Joohyun’s lips. “Can we sit here for a moment? I was reading the last chapter.”

“of course.” Joohyun grabs her coffee as she seats beside Seulgi and intertwines their arms putting her face on Seulgi’s shoulder. “The same book again?”

“It’s my favorite!” Seulgi smiles. “And guess what? The librarian gifted it to me! Crazy right?!”

“Woah” Joohyun gasps. “The pink-haired lady?”

“Yes!”

“Can she gift me a calculus book? I might need it this semester.” Joohyun chuckles.

“Maybe.” Seulgi laughs.

“It has a bittersweet ending but, this book always makes me think…” Seulgi says and Joohyun hears her. “Do you believe in soulmates? Like the Queen of Winter and the dancing warrior?”

“That their souls will find each other no matter what? The souls not even Gods can separate? Joohyun asks.

“Yeah.” Seulgi separates to look at Joohyun’s eyes, always warm and soft.

“I think…that maybe if you love hard and strong, there could be a possibility of that happening.” Joohyun shares with a soft smile. “Maybe I will find you in my next life.”

“Am I your soulmate?” Seulgi giggles happily.

“Of course you are! And I’m yours.” Joohyun gives Seulgi a butterfly kiss. “I can feel it.”

“Me too.” Seulgi closes her eyes and cups Joohyun’s face to give her a tender kiss.

They separate and put their foreheads together.

“I love you with all my heart and soul”

…………………………………………THE END…………………………………………………………

I’m not gonna lie I was crying while writing this, it’s just so emotional and important to me, it’s the first “long” story I successfully manage to complete, and god, just this entire story made me remember some old life lessons, I like to write because all the love and cute feelings I don’t get to express outside I feel like I can express them here, it’s really no joke, your own “characters” (if that’s how you can call them) make you learn and feel relieved, they make you feel free, to express, to cry, to yell sometimes.

I really like opening part of my heart through my stories and I’m entirely grateful that you get the time and patience to read it (even with grammar errors, I’m so sorry T.T I hope I can keep learning from them)

Thank you so much for joining me in this journey, really, I’m really thankful *deep bow*

I have some ideas for a couple of “short” stories but they’re still under construction jajajja

I sincerely hope you are safe and sound, please remember to keep a good distance and please I’m begging you stay healthy, drink water, take care of your body, sleep well, take a moment to think of just~ flexibility, love and trust~ (God, I love the songs from Steven Universe)

Love you all T.T

Until next time!!