Rocks and old wood.

When Summer and Winter dance

Author's note: Hi! this is a little note just to warn sensitive people, I mention a sensitive topic in this chapter, , not too much but still, I would like to warn everyone, thank you for reading this note and chapter.

--------------

Wendy is at her studio, writing some letters and checking other stuff of the Kingdom, she stops, tapping her desk nervously, she has been having a bad feeling since she woke up.

She sighs rubbing her closed and tired eyes, trying to shake off the bad feeling, until Dahyun storms into her studio, panting heavily.

It’s the first time Dahyun has entered like that, without knocking and breathing agitatedly, she immediately gets up.

“Dahyun?! What happened?” Wendy approaches the muse with concerned eyes.

“It’s Sunmi-unnie and Momo-unnie! They are fighting!” Dahyun manages to speak between the large gulps of air she is taking “Sunmi-unnie was training with her soldiers when… she saw Momo-unnie… and started to act harsh and impolite to her, they started fighting when Sunmi-unnie said the dancing warrior… was a mugger from Summer.”

Wendy opens her eyes with surprise, she takes the muse's hand asking her to lead her to where the commotion is.

Running through the halls of the castle, they arrive at the scene, only to find Sunmi and Momo fighting like they are the worst enemies, Momo has her lip swollen and with a little bit of blood, while the knight has her eye violet and her nose is bleeding, even with that they don’t stop throwing punches and kicks to each other.

Is not until Momo kicks the knight's unguarded face, making Sunmi cough and almost fall to the ground, when Momo is about to kick her again, the knight jumps back to avoid the kick, but the midnight black-haired warrior is not going to let her go that easily, she is about to punch Sunmi again when she is approaching but the voice of the Winter muse stops her.

“ENOUGH!” Wendy’s voice echoes the cold practice room.

Momo stops her red fist, covered with bruises to look up and find the Winter muse looking at them with wide and angry eyes, the midnight black-haired warrior steps back leaving Sunmi kneeling and coughing until she gets up to find the Winter muse's disappointed eyes.

“What is the meaning of this!?” Wendy’s tone is strong and demanding.

Momo decides to speak first since she notices the knight doesn’t have the courage to admit her actions. ”I was walking with Dahyun, she was going to introduce me to Yoongi-sshi since he can help me to polish my sword, but we crossed paths with the principal knight, as far as I know, I don’t have any memories of acting aggressive or impolite towards her so she could have a reason to act and talk the way she did it.” The midnight black-haired woman frowns angered looking at the knight. “Then, she started calling Irene-unnie a mugger and stealer of woman, I can bear bad manners towards me, but I can’t stand someone who messes with my important people.”

Seungwan knows and feels Momo is right, since Sooyoung told her about the spoiled and immature attitude of the knight, besides Sunmi is not even looking at her, ashamed of her actions as she should be.

“I would like to know the two sides of this…event, however, I’ve been informed about your immature behavior these past days, Sunmi.” The honey orbs owner makes an unhappy grimace. “We do not tolerate uncalled violence in this Kingdom, Sunmi, you will stay in the temple until midnight thinking about your current attitude and actions, someone will take care of your lesions, what I said is final, Yoongi-sshi and Hoseok-sshi are going to cover your absence.”

Sunmi only manages to nod, not even looking at the Winter muse before she disappears from everybody’s view, the midnight black warrior keeps frowning until she links eyes with the honey orbs of the right hand.

“Momo-sshi, even though violence is not the best answer, I clearly understand your behavior, please let Dahyun cure your wounds.”

The summer warrior's big eyes lights at the mention and sight of the ash blue-haired winter muse, nodding and bowing. “Thank you Wendy-sshi, I deeply apologize for this inconvenience.”

Seungwan only nods and turns to return to her studio until she feels her chest hurting and her head vibrating painfully, she falls on her knees, breathing heavily not understanding the sudden pain in her chest and head until Momo and Dahyun approach her with dead worried eyes and voices, she barely feels a pair of strong arms lifting her before her eyes start closing slowly, looking at the familiar rust-red hair before she faints.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Irene knows again, everything can change in a blink, just yesterday she was laughing and fighting playfully like she has been doing with the Queen, feeling the dance they shared like a deep silent connection that made them closer, but at the same time, that dance created a distance between them, how ironic, the dance is a symbol of love, but right now is a symbol of sadness for the warrior.

She looks at the blue cloak with dreary and thwarted eyes, gripping it tightly between her hands.

Everything can change in a blink, indeed, she is in front of the now empty tavern, she barely notices broken glasses and windows, the people inside escaped, not that she blames them, when there are two dead bodies in front of the tavern, even in their drunken state people managed to know they were in danger.

The blue cloak, almost unseen horse prints, and an unconscious man are her only clues of the now missing Queen.

Regret fills her light brown eyes, she knew Seulgi was acting strange and she should have acted more rational at the Queen's explosive attitude if she had done that, The Queen would be here with her and not only her navy cloak.

The warrior knows who is the one behind the Queen's demise, that bastard with grey hair, she is almost sure.

Turning to see the skinny unconscious man that she notices is one of the stooges of that motherer, she kicks the man to turn him to look up, narrowing her silent enraged eyes.

“You and your ing boss are going to wish you’d never born.”

----------------------------------

Fluttering her hazel eyes open, she sees an old wooden roof, she jumps and looks around noticing the abandoned state of the room where she is in and the old bed where she is laying.

The door of the room is opened loudly, making her turn to look at the tall man with grey her and sapphire eyes.

“You are awake now, it seems like our Valerian herb scent doesn’t work too well with you.” The man approaches her with slow steps her sapphire eyes never leaving the challenging hazel eyes. “Oh? Even in the position, you are right now, you are challenging me.”

“What are your intentions?” Seulgi demands in a defensive and angry tone.

“You don’t have power here, Queen.” The man looks at her with dull eyes. “Your only purpose is to please my friend and I needs, once I take you to him.”

The Queen is not dumb, she knows what the man is implying and the wicked smile on his keen features, but before she can talk the man talks again.

“I’m going to be so happy.” The man's steps are the only sound in the room until he is face to face with the Queen who is scared but enraged gripping her dress tightly.

“So happy, to see Taeyeon’s face get white, when she finds out we have you.” The man smiles even wider making Seulgi retreat. “And the scared face of the dancing warrior when we reveal you the truth about who she is.”

“Taeyeon? Irene? What-“ The Queen tries to talk but the man takes her face with his rough hand, making her close because the man is clenching her cheeks.

“Shut up and listen.” The man speaks between his teeth. “You don’t know anything, that father of yours keep the incident of Summer well kipped.”

“You know…Taeyeon and Irene are really close, painfully close, but again, you don’t know anything about that warrior.” The man shows his wicked smile again. “Do you?”

Seulgi frowns angrily but looks aside, the man is like a living nightmare telling her all the truths she doesn’t want to know.

The man laughs sardonically. “I knew it, that stupid woman likes to live under her mask after she and Taeyeon took everything we had, everything we were going to have is gone because of them!” The man grips her cheeks tighter. “We were going to be the greatest nobles! if only that ing warrior and Taeyeon hadn't stop our plans, we could have had every woman and land we wanted, but it was Suho fault too, even if he was the key piece he was too weak.”

The young Queen returns to look at him with eyes filled with uncertainty, she doesn’t understand what this man is talking about and part of her doesn’t want to.

“I could easily tell you…how that warrior that is loved and respected by everybody is a bloody monster just like me, is in our hidden nature, we Summer people have a bad side too you know?”

Seulgi keeps frowning and her eyes look at the mad sapphire eyes in front of her. “So he’s from Summer, but what is his relationship with Taeyeon and Irene? Why is he talking about them with deep hate? Who is Suho? Irene a bloody monster?”

“But, I will reserve that…pleasure when me and my friend, oh, my dear Chanyeol, take you in front of that warrior, I’m going to make her suffer like the she is, since you are now an important existence for her… I’m going to make her tell you the truth that will break her and with her shattered… Taeyeon is going to break too.” The man lets go of her cheeks wearing her vile and awful smile.

He steps back and stops smiling warning the Queen. “Try to escape and I will make you wish this is your last day of life.” And with that, the man walks to the door, when he opens it he laughs dryly. “Jimin! You little , how are your ribs? They must hurt right?” Seulgi manages to look the man gripping the black hair of the skinny and small man making him cough. “I hope they heal fast because you are going to need them if you try to escape again with the woman we captured, our dear healer.”

The man with sapphire eyes kicks him, making him fall into the Queen's room, making him let out a painful groan. “This is your last chance, you are going to see if she is hurt or not and watch her, if you try to do another stupid thing, you are going to regret it.” Closing the door loudly and leaving with a wicked laugh the man leaves the Queen and ‘Jimin’ in the room

Seulgi’s first instinct is getting up and run to help the man who is weakly trying to get up, this man looks entirely different from the man with sapphire eyes.

When the man looks up, the hazel eyes owner gasps when she notices his broken lip but at the same time she is surprised, she has never met such pretty man before, even if this man in front of her wanted, he could look like a woman and she couldn’t tell the difference.

“Y-your grace!.” The man bows but whimpers making the Queen gasp worriedly, when Seulgi tries to touch him the man shakes his head. “Don’t touch me, your grace! I’m dirty and not worthy of your touch.”

Opening her hazel eyes surprised, Seulgi shakes her head, putting an arm carefully around the skinny man's back, helping him to get up, the Queen can’t help to wonder when was the last time this man ate because the weight leaning on her shoulder is not too much.

Carefully, she helps the man to lay on the bed where she was laying.

“Your grace, I’m fine really, I shouldn’t be laying here I-“ Jimin tries to speak but Seulgi stops him.

“I heard your ribs are not in their best condition, we should check them.” Seulgi wanders around the room and opens the old drawers, finding ointments, bandages and other healing items.

“I apologize, my instruments and herbs are not the best…” Jimin lows his head when the Queen approaches him with some ointments and bandages.

Seulgi shakes her head and sits beside him, she points the ribs of the man and asks .”May I?”

The boy timidly lowers his head, his black hair hiding his brown eyes. “If touching me doesn’t bother you I would be honored if the best healer of the Kingdom treats my wounds, your grace”

The Queen smiles lightly and nods before she lifts softly the shirt of the man gasping horrified when she finds sword wounds and the rib zone in a purple tone because of the poor state of his beaten muscles.

“Oh, snows! how can they be so cruel to have you like this?!” Seulgi purses her lips angrily before she starts treating the wounds and the man's hurt ribs gaining painful whimpers and groans from him.

“He…Kai is his name, the man that was here before…attacked our village, we lived nearby the castle…it was peaceful until he came…” Jimin coughs and manages to talk. “I don’t know…if we are the first village he attacks…but he killed our children and the men…he kidnaped me because I was the healer of the village…he also kidnaped women.”

The Queen's horrified eyes open wide and grits her teeth she can’t believe how cruel and horrible that man can be.

“That man…I have stopped him sometimes when he…tried to… the women, but…sometimes I couldn’t” Jimin purses his lips and tries to hold back his frustrated tears. “He sees women like meat…he and his friend…Chanyeol…sometimes he kills the women…other times he gives them to his friend I don’t know why.”

Seulgi stops for a moment to turn to look at Jimin with a deep shock, she takes a moment to digest the information, killing people, kidnapping and women, she just can’t believe that man and his friend are the live versions of all the sins and evils of this world.

The Queen puts a bandage on the skinny man's rib zone and stomach before she turns to look at him when he talks again.

“I’m deeply thankful your grace, I’m so sorry for being an inconvenience.” Jimin lowers his head with embarrassment

Seulgi shakes her head and smiles lightly. “My people is never an inconvenience, my people always come first, no matter what.”

Jimin looks up to find the gentle hazel orbs that make him blush a little but he smiles widely. “Your grace, you are just as I remember you, caring and gentle with the people of the kingdom despite who they are or they rank.”

The Queen frowns curiously and tilts her head, Jimin chuckles lightly. “I was an orphan that was taken care of in the houses you made for people like me, I remember you and Princess Tzuyu used to visit us, play with us and teach us about healing items.”

Seulgi blinks surprised, she can’t help but smile and feel happy, knowing he is one of the boys and girls he used to visit and teach, she asked her father to make houses for the orphans and give them classes, food and toys sometimes, it has always been like that for her, her people is the thing that matters the most for her.

However the mention of her sister makes her open her eyes wide she opens but closes it, can she trust this man? What if he goes and tells that horrible man about her sister's demise or is that man may be responsible for her sister and Sana demise?

Nevertheless, she looks up again to find the man's puppy and gentle eyes, she looks at him and she decides to trust her instincts, the man in front of her emanate completely different energy and aura from the man with grey hair.

“My sister, is she…here?” Seulgi asks carefully and hesitantly.

Jimin frowns and shakes his head. “No, your grace, however, the princess is his next target.” Jimin purses his lips. “I don’t know what are his plans or intentions fully, but I heard he is trying to kidnap the princess too, he craves money and status, and he sees you and the princess as mines of gold.”

Seulgi sighs half relieved, knowing her sister is not under the dirty hands of that horrible man takes weight out of her shoulders, but then, where’s her sister?

“Your grace.” Jimin calls her and the young Queen turns to look at him with attentive eyes. “Yes?”

“If you don’t mind me asking, what were you doing alone? It’s extremely dangerous for you to go around without someone escorting you.” The black-haired man asks concerned.

The hazel orbs owner purses her lips, remembering she was not alone and sighing deeply when she remembers the heated argument she caused is the reason why now she is captured.

“I wasn’t alone…” The Queen speaks lowly but she looks up again finding Jimin's attentive and worried eyes, she sighs again, feeling how this man makes her trust in him like he is a statue that can hear her concerns.

“I was with the dancing warrior…Irene, we are traveling together to find something but a stupid heated argument between us is the reason why I am here.” Seulgi shares and sits more comfortably, looking at Jimin like he is waiting for her to share more but still not pushing her to talk, Seulgi smiles lightly and continues. “I let my worst emotions control me, my anger was the one talking, but some people say, angry and drunken people are the more honest people.”

“I was keeping inside too many concerns and feelings, I took it out on her…” The Queen looks at the wooden roof. “Because my heart is going into another direction and not in the direction I want it to go.”

Jimin frowns concerned and looks at the Queen. “May I say something?”

Seulgi nods weakly and turns to look at him.

“Some people say, the head keeps the heart in a cage because it is uncontrollable, the heart can make you act reckless and without thinking well, but he can also give you the best moments and decisions, sometimes setting the heart free is the best option.”

The Queen grips the sheets softly and nods looking at the roof again.

“What if…setting free my heart hurts someone I cherish deeply?”

“You can’t keep everybody undamaged, at the same time you can’t protect everybody from the consequences of your decisions.” Jimin looks at her. “Sometimes we have to choose between our happiness and others happiness, is a tough decision, but thinking every time in others happiness can hurt you too.”

The last words Jimin shares with her leaves her thinking deeply.

“If you always put others first, you are never going to be happy.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waking up with a harsh splash on his head and face the man shakes and opens his eyes wide only to scream when he realizes he is hanging from a tree, below him are some rocks that he is sure if he falls on them will cause him instant death.

“Your boss is not a very caring person, is he? Leaving you there after a horse kicked you.”

The voice of a woman makes him turn to look at the sound of the voice only to open his eyes wide, the neigh of her imposing black horse makes him shudder.

“I’m not going to ask who you are, because I don’t give a .” The woman plays with the rope tied up around the log of the tree, the man analyzes the rope, he knows one cut and is going to be his end.

“I want you to tell me, where is that bastard, the one with grey hair, and what are his intentions with our Queen.”

“I’m not going to tell you anything dancing warrior!” The man yells and looks at her with a riled frown.

Humming, Irene takes her dagger and cuts the rope making the man fall, she hears his scream and stops the rope just in time when the man was about to crash with the rocks, pulling him up, she meets the scared and trembling eyes of the man when she links eyes with him again.

“Well? Don’t waste my time or I’m going to change that rocks for crocodiles, is up to you.” Irene looks at him with silent anger.

“All right! All right! He is trying to get more money! He is after the Queen and the princess, and he is planning to attack the castle to kidnap the Princess!”

Irene looks aside thinking that maybe this man could be lying about the princess, what if his boss has the princess and Sana?

Nevertheless, she is going to find that man no matter what, even if the man in front of her lies her, she will discover the truth, but the thing that is important now, is the location of where that bastard is and where he has the Queen.

“Where is he?” Irene asks but the man looks aside, the warrior narrows her eyes letting the rope go again but stopping it again making the man feel his soul almost come out from her body.

“I’m not going to ask again, Where is he?” the warrior's tone is harsh and strong.

“T-The owl bridge! There are some abandoned wooden houses that he uses as a temporal shelter!” The man is almost crying fearing for his life, how pathetic, Irene thinks but narrows her eyes again thinking. “The Owl bridge, of course, he goes to where is almost impossible to access because it is an abandoned bridge, but that motherer is not as smart as I thought, well, is not like he knows I know Autumn very well.”

“Shelter for what?” Irene asks and shakes the rope making the man yelp like a scared cat.

“F-for the women we...kidnap and to hide us before we attack another village.” The man lows his head and Irene makes an angry sneer.

“Does he sells them?” the warrior asks again and the man gulps.

“No...He gives them sometimes to a tall man or…he them at night and kills them.”

Irene light brown eyes open wide in extreme horror and disgust looking aside to make an angered silent expression, she knew that man was scum but she didn’t know at this extend.

Sighing deeply she turns and starts walking to her horse, but the man's voice stops her. “W-wait! Are you going to leave me here?”

“What did you expect?” Irene looks at him with her silent and dangerous light brown orbs.

“Please, please, let me go! I swear I’ll help you or don’t go near him again!” the man pleads like a scared animal making Irene look at him in disgust.

She walks to where the few tied rope is, slowly.

“Have you touched one of the women you have captured?” the warrior's question is silent but the man can feel the anger in the woman's voice “Admit your sins or…” Irene puts the dagger dangerously close to the rope making the man shake.

“Just once! I swear I couldn’t hold myself! It was just once!”

Irene frowns and purses her lips angrily, she moves her dagger away from the rope, hearing the relieved sigh from the man she captured.

But as she has said, there’s no place for people like him in this Kingdom, and she doesn’t care if her hands get even more stained, if that means there will be less scum in this Kingdom.

In one fast move, she cuts the rope hearing the man screaming, she has heard this type of scream, the scream everyone makes when they are about to die until she hears the loud hit and bones cracking, notifying her about the man's death, she walks to mount Apollo, she approaches at where the man fell, noticing the now red-painted rocks and the lifeless look in the man's eyes.

Turning around she shakes the reins of her black horse making the black horse galloping fast to where the man told her.

-------------------------------------------------

Hello again! this a little update, I hope everyone is resting and eating well! please let me know in the comments what do you think so far! or questions you want to ask c:

Also, I'm sorry if the note was somewhat like a little spoiler, but I prefer to be careful with my lectors, I could not have slept well if I had written this chapter without that note, again sorry if you felt it was like a spoiler, is it okay if I put that notes even when I talk a little bit of a sensitive topic? Or Am I being a bunch of nerves? I would like to know your opinion :((

See you later! Eat well!