Chapter 2

Falling For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Great response to the first chapter! So, I decided to update a bit earlier lmao, please upvote if you like, it gives me a peace of mind when people like it haha… anyways, lezzgetit

 

/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x

 

It was a cold day, it was summer, but it was one of those days where it was cold and wet outside and it was the perfect temperature to just fall asleep. Unfortunately, I couldn’t do that, not when we still had to practice for new songs and not to mention the concert tours. Every day was a gruelling day of non-stop practice, if we weren’t practicing, then we would be singing or working out. There was barely anytime for sleep and eating.

‘’Ok! Let’s take a break for 45 minutes and then we’ll get straight back into it. If you want lunch, then have some now!’’ The choreographer clapped her hands and we all slumped onto the floor, unable to move because of how energetic the choreo was.

‘’Kids! What do you want for lunch? I’ll go out and buy it!’’ Sakura announced, she puffed out her chest and patted it like a goof.

‘’Ohhh! Sakura unnie is hella cool today!’’ Yujin said.

‘’I’m always cool!’’

‘’Yeah, whatever you say~’’ Yena teased.

‘’No food for the duckie!’’

Yena whined and grabbed onto Sakura’s legs, hugging them for dear life. ‘’Ahhh! I’m joking, I’m joking! You’re the coolest person on earth!’’

‘’Is honey combo chicken okay for everyone?’’ She asked and everyone agreed, Eunbi was kind enough to offer to pay half and Sakura denied it saying how Eunbi had paid for the last lunch already and it was her turn. She looked around the room and her gaze settled on me, she grinned and held out her hand. ‘’Wanna come help me carry it back?’’

The tired side of me wanted to say no but the major romantic in me said that this was the perfect chance to spend some alone time with my crush even though it was going out to buy chicken.

I nodded and grabbed it, she pulled me up with a soft grunt and we made our way out of the company building with our manager lurking close behind. The chicken place was only down the street and that’s why it was one of our favourite places to go. She started listing all the things the members wanted, we were about to order chicken enough for 12 hungry girls. Which was a lot, I felt kinda bad for her wallet.

‘’Minju, you’re really pretty.’’

I choked at that random attack, normally she would say it when I would wear something different or did my hair differently but today, I was dressed down and my face was riddled with blemishes from the exhausting days lately.

‘’I-I.. What? Uhm, thank you unnie, y-you’re really pretty too…’’ My voice wavered as I tried to keep my cool.

She bumped into me as we walked with her shoulder and smiled that one smile. The one that makes people swoon, me especially. ‘’No, you’re REALLY pretty!’’ She used her hands to gesture how much she meant, and I got redder by the second.

I hit her arm in embarrassment, ‘’Unnie! Stop… Its- ‘’

‘’Its true though~’’ She chimed.

I don’t think she knows how much her words warms my heart and crushes it at the same time.

We arrived at the chicken place and it took a while to cook our order since there was so many, she whipped out her credit card with a smug smile and tried winking at me when she swiped the card. I held in my laughter as I didn’t want to draw attention to us, but she looked so adorable and ridiculous.

‘’Did I look cool like that?’’

‘’Yup, you look so cool, you should pay more often.’’ I giggled when she tapped my cheek with her card.

‘’And go bankrupt because of you hungry kiddos? No way~’’ 

The chicken was done, and we carried the heavy bags back to the practice room, our manager holding all the doors open. The members swarmed around us like hungry lionesses and thanked Sakura for the meal, wasting no time digging in. I sat by myself in the corner, scrolling through my private twitter feed, looking at what WIZ*ONEs were talking about or what was the hot topic. Right now, it was dead, that might be because we haven’t been active for a couple of weeks now.

I took a peek over my shoulder to make sure everyone was busy before searching for my favourite tag on the bird app.

‘MinKkura’

The first posts that came up were recent photos of us at the airport, arms linked with Sakura looking like my bodyguard. I saved that one. The others were mostly in English, saying how they missed our interactions…. Me too.

I was still scrolling through the tag when someone had snuck behind me to blow on my ear.

I yelped and scrambled away from the attacker. It was Yujin with a teasing look on her face. ‘’Unnie, what are you doing? Are you texting a boy?’’

I hit her leg and quickly denied it, ‘’No, I’m just reading what the fans wrote about us.’’

‘’You know you should stop doing that, remember what happened last time?’’

She was right, the last time I spent nights reading my own tags, that was after PD48 had just ended and people were quick to criticise me about how I didn’t deserve to be in the final line up. Yujin had taken my phone away at nights after I had cried myself to sleep those times. But this was different, this was…. Me looking at fans perceiving Sakura and I as a couple. Argh, this isn’t me. This is delusional.

‘’I know, I promise I’m not looking at those comments.’’

‘’Oh, look at Sakura unnie!’’ Yujin pointed at my crush who was currently riding Chaeyeon’s back and shouting random Japanese words I couldn’t understand. Chaeyeon was running around in circles, making Sakura scream and hold on even more. Unconsciously my hands clenched on my track suit bottoms, scrunching them up. I was jealous. Nothing new. I wish I was as strong as Chaeyeon so I could play with Sakura like that. I wish I was closer like Chaeyeon was to Sakura because it would be so much easier initiating skinship. Chaeyeon was someone I greatly admire but also immensely jealous of. They were best friends; I couldn’t get mad. I didn’t have the right.

I quickly put on a smile when Yujin turned back around and grinned. ‘’Unnie, wanna race them? Get on my back!’’ She squatted down ready to catch me.

‘’No~ I don’t want to; I just ate and ah- Look the teacher is back.’’

‘’Tsk- you’re no fun, no jam Minguri unnie~’’ She skipped away and begged Nako to get on her back, but the teacher smacked her head gently and told everyone to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter